Price

Angel of Death

“Oh Hayoung.”, he didn’t hear any answer. “Oh Hayoung, number 23.”, he called out again in attempt to hear her voice. He looked up to the girl realizing she wasn’t paying attention at all. He sighed.

“Park Jimin.”

“Ne~”

So he continued calling each student’s name. He pursed his lips together again and walked out of the class. His mind was on the girl.

 

Chapter 4

A scream was heard in the middle of the hallway. Everyone turned around to see a girl freaking out. “Blood! Blood!”, she screamed. Minseok, who heard the scream went to have a look. They all gasped. Blood were dripping down on the window. Minseok rushed upstairs to search for the source of blood.

“Snow White!!!!!”, another scream was heard. He saw a pool of students. He made his way to them. Seeing the splash of blood on the window, there, hung a lifeless dog. The girl cried. Minseok assumed she was the owner of the dog. Suddenly, he felt shivers down his spine. He quickly looked around. His eyes caught a figure on the roof of another building. It was a girl for sure for he saw she was wearing a skirt and long hair, being blown by the wind. The figure backed away and he lost the sight of her.

------------------------------------------------------------------AFTER SCHOOL

Minseok went to Hayoung’s class to pick her up. He really wanted to talk to her. He had that feeling each time he saw her face. He opened the door, seeing it was empty. He sighed and just went downstairs. He was still thinking about the figure on the roof. He walked in the almost emptied hallway, sighing. “Yah, I bet she asked for Angel of Death’s help. And her dog was the price. You know how much she loved her dog, right?”, a girl who passed by him spoke.

“Excuse me.”, he talked to the two girls. The two girls turned around with a questioning look. “Who is the Angel of Death? What do you mean by price?”

The two girls looked at each other with guilty looks. They hesitated for a while but when Minseok was looking like a desperate child, they decided to tell them anyways. “Angel of Death, her true identity is a mystery, teacher. She was known as the Seoul’s HellGirl too. Send her a message if you wish to give someone bad luck. Many of the sent ones are to kill. She only accept one at a time. After she has done your wish, something precious from you will be taken. It will be either accessories, money, pets or worse, people’s lives. However, people said you can’t turn back if she already accepted your message or you’ll be killed for breaking the contract.”, one of the girl spoke.

“It’s so scary. Seonsaeng-nim, don’t ever try it or you’ll destroy yourself.”, the other warned.

“Ah.. thank you for the information.”, he smiled. “You two should go back home if you don’t want to be late. Your mum might be cooking dinner already.”, he chuckled.

“NE!”, both of them bowed and left, giggling to themselves.

He looked around and finally saw the girl he was searching for. He walked closer towards her but he could hear a whisper, “Don’t go any closer to her.”, his steps were stopped. Was this real? He didn’t care and walked quickly to her.

He wanted to say ‘hi’ but “Why is your clothes wet?”, that went out of his lips. The girl’s uniform was wet including her hair. It was like she jumped into a pool and had a swim. The younger didn’t answer. He kept asking her but went silent for he thought the girl might be annoyed by it. He just walked beside her. If there was music along with their actions, it would be a ballad song. He turned his head towards the girl, looking at her wet hair. Her face was pale.

“Hayoung!”, Sehun shouted from afar. Seeing Hayoung was with Minseok, he literally ran to her in a fast speed and pushed Minseok away from her in order for him to walk in the middle. “Hayoung-ah, why are you so wet?”, the boy took out a towel from his bag and gave it to the girl. Minseok just watched the two of them being lovey-dovey. “Did he made you like this? Was today hard for you?”, Sehun kept asking her. The other just shook her head.

They arrived home, Sehun glaring at Minseok for bidding them goodbye. “Oh my god, Hayoung! What happened?!”, Suho rushed to the girl’s side.

“I accidentally splashed some blood on my clothes.”, she answered truthfully. “Snow White’s blood. So I went to wash my clothes in the toilet.”

The house fell into silence. Both of the guys’ eyes were widened. The girl walked upstairs and into their room. Sehun followed Hayoung while Suho just sighed.

After dinner, Hayoung finished reading the book about supernaturals. Sehun sat on the edge of the younger’s bed. “Hayoung, why did you take the dog as the price?”, he asked.

“That girl called Suyeon really love her dog, Snow White. She bought everything that is needed for the male. Besides,doesn’t white things look beautiful when it is covered with red?”, Hayoung replied, her eyes didn’t even look at him.

Hayoung closed her book and went to the window. She moved the curtains away, seeing the sce-wait, a boy’s face near the window of the next house. He was writing something on a piece of paper. She stared at Minseok, who didn’t even realize her presence. Their windows are so close that the person from the other house can jump into their house. She tried seeing what he was writing on the paper. He finished writing and leaned against the back of his chair, letting his pen rolled on the table. At this moment, their eyes met. Minseok smiled and waved at her. She quickly covered the window with the curtain again. She remembered his sense of gaze.

{FLASHBACK}

Hayoung’s sighed. Her uniform was full of blood again. She stared at her own hands which was covered with the red liquid. Fresh blood. She finally heard the scream. “Snow White!!!!”, a smirk appeared on her face. She looked at the window where the dog was hung by her bare hands. She looked at the people and spotted her new homeroom teacher. She was about to set another illusion towards them but the sudden turn of his eyes made her stop. Their eyes met for sure. She knew he saw her. His breath seemed to stop as he was squinting his eyes at her. Because of the daylight on her, he couldn’t see her clearly. Hayoung stepped back, knowing that the other might come to get her in any minute by now.

{END OF FLASHBACK}

The ringtone of her phone intruded her flashback. She picked up the phone and looked at the screen.

“Park Jiyeon.”, she muttered out the name that was in the message. “Kill Park Jiyeon.”, she read it aloud for only her to hear. She now has a victim.


 “Where are you going, miss?” 

-"Shouldn’t you already get used to me being outside at night?”

 “Aren’t you grateful that I told you to tie your shoelace?”

-"I don’t want the past to haunt her again. Can’t you see!?”

Next Chapter - Window

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD   

A/N: So the fourth chappie! It’s so hard to think of the price they will have to pay, you know? Lol