Friendship or Love?

Angel of Death

Last chapter

“So, what was the price?”, Sehun asked when the girl came home.

“Her own life. That was her precious thing. Such a selfish creature.”, Hayoung walked away and Sehun followed her into their bedroom.

 

Chapter 11

“2Yoon fighting!”, Jiyoon and Gayoon cheered. They had been the best of friends. They were celebrating their sixth year of friendship at a café. “Gyaaa~ It’s him!”, Jiyoon squealed. Black haired, sweet smile, muscular body.

“Aigoo.. Look at you fangirling over a stranger.”, Gayoon sighed. “We came here for him isn’t it? It’s his shift now. Why don’t you try and talk to him? Get to know him, girl!”, Gayoon slapped the back of the shoulder-cut haired girl.

“Ow! Don’t do that! You know I’m shy.”, Jiyoon cupped her cheeks.

“He’s at the cahshier! Let’s go!”, they went to the cashier where there was a waiter. While they were paying, Gayoon looked at the waiter’s nametag. “AJ?”, she mumbled.

“Ne? oh, it’s just my nickname. It stands for Ace Junior. My real name is Lee Gikwang.”, the waiter spoke.

“Ah… I see. I’m Heo Gayoon and here is my friend, Jeon Jiyoon.”, Gayoon smiled.

“Thanks for coming. Please come again.”, he bowed.

“Oh, we will.”, Gayoon smiled sweetly.

 

     The next day, they went there again. That day Gayoon had took Gikwang’s phone number. “Yah, you should text him!”, Gayoon jabbed Jiyoon’s side with her elbow.

“NO way!”, the other hid her face.

“You should tackle him before I do! He’s quite manly.”, Gayoon teased. The other just smiled but deep inside she was worried. 

 

ANGEL OF DEATH►

 

 

Weeks passed. Jiyoon had been going out with Gayoon much lesser. She was getting suspicious over her. The other girl would say she was doing her part-time job and whenever she wants to go and visit, Gayoon would say it would be such a burden because she would just waste Jiyoon’s time.

And now, Jiyoon knew why. She knew what was her part-time job. She stared at the scene before her. Gikwang having his arm around her bestfriend’s waist. She gripped onto her phone. “So this is why she never answer my calls on weekends.”, she muttered. Gayoon noticed her presence. Her eyes widening. Jiyoon glared at her and turned around to walk away. Gayoon excused herself from Gikwang.

“Jiyoon-ah!”, she managed to shout. The mentioned girl stopped and turned around, her eyes all teary. “It’s not what you think it is.”, Gayoon spoke.

“Not what I think it is? You really meant it didn’t you? The things you said when you got his number. So I didn’t even talk to him and you took him instead. Knowing very clearly that I have feelings for him. Why didn’t you say earlier that you have fallen for him?”, Jiyoon smuiled bitterly.

“I want to but I was afraid that you might scold me and our friendship-”

“It’s still the same! Whether you tell me or not, it will still be the same result! But I do think if you had told me sooner, I wouldn’t feel this betrayed.”

“I’m sorry, I fell for him in the process of introducing him to you. I did try to throw away these feelings but I couldn’t hide it anymore when he confessed to me that he likes me at first sight. I was shocked. I couldn’t reject him.”. Gayoon looked down.

“Yeah, right. I don’t care. It’s over. 2Yoon is over!”, Jiyoon walked away, leaving a dumbfounded Gayoon.

*

Tears pouring down Jiyoon’s cheek. She sat down at a bench near the Han River. “You know about the Angel of Death? You send her a message of anyone you want to kill and she will kill him or her if she replied your message. It is said that if you cancelled it after you sent it, you’re the one who will die. The number is XXX-XXXXXXXX”, Jiyoon heard. She turned around but there was no one. She quickly sent a message.

‘Kill Lee Gikwang’, she pushed the send button. A few seconds after, a message was received.

“Your message had been accepted. There’s no turning back. When your wish has been granted, something precious from you will be taken.”

Tears dropped onto the screen of her smartphone. She had killed her own crush.

 

   The next morning, she saw the news. A couple was killed while riding the ferriswheel. The police suspected it was a murder between two of them because it was impossible for a third person to be in there and disappear. But Jiyoon knew, it was the Angel of Death. She sat down on the couch, and cried. Would time heal? She lost both of them.

*

“Her precious thing was Gayoon-ssi?”, Sehun asked, looking at the night sky.

“She treasured friendship more than love. She was thinking that Gikwang took Gayoon away from her. Gayoon had been giving her full attention to Gikwang. So she sent me that message after I whisper to her. Now, she had nothing left. Both her bestfriend and love.”, Hayoung stared at the scenery before her.

They saw Minseok. “Hey, Hayoung-ah! Sehun-ah!”, he waved and was about to open the door to his house when he stepped back and looked at them for the second time. “What are you two doing on the roof!?”, Sehun and Hayoung rushed and jumped back into their shared room. Minsoek could only chuckle at their actions. When he got into his room, he looked at the window and saw Hayoung staring at him. He opened the window and smiled, “Hayoung-ah, let’s go to school together tomorrow.”, he requested. The girl only gave him a nod as an answer and she turned around. Minseok heard Suho’s voice ordering them to sleep and the lights were turned off.

ANGEL OF DEATH

“Wait.. Don’t tell me you have a crush on him!?”

-“Make it stop. Make it stop.”

“If you understand his way of thinking, you might see him as an attractive person.”

-“There’s a lot of people today. Let’s stick together.”

next episode : The Hand That Touched Hers

 

A/N: So how’s the story so far? Did you like it? lol I’m trying my best but I need to focus on my studies too. exams are starting OTL