Oh Seungjun

Angel of Death

Last Episode:

There, beside the window, Hayoung could see his silhouette but she knew the guy was staring at her.

“Hayoung-ah.”

“Don’t say my name!”


Episode 31

                  Hayoung couldn’t ask for more. The guy created a tint of fear inside her. She swung her sword right in front of him, making him step back. “Hayoung- why”, the guy asked worriedly at her sudden attack. He kept on dodging her attacks until she stopped. She was breathing heavily. “It can’t be.” she muttered. “No, this isn’t real.” she rushed out of the room. Her mind was in a mess. The guy who was left alone with a dead body could only watch her.

Hayoung quickly went home, finding Suho in the kitchen making some coffee. “What’s with that face, Hayoung? Something happened?” he tilted his head slightly. The girl just shook her head. She was sure not to tell her brother about this.  She found the house rather empty. As if reading her mind, Suho spoke. “Minseok-hyung went to the hospital. Sehun too. Luhan and Yookyung got into an accident.” Hayoung’s eyes widened. “Let’s visit them tomorrow. Get some rest.” he patted the other’s shoulder, walking into the reading room with his coffee. Hayoung’s mind was more in a mess. Things came into her brain. Her past. Her present. Her future. She is not backing off yet. Not until she kill that ‘man’.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

              Sehun was incredibly worried. He held the girl’s hand all night. Minseok could watch him from the other bed. Yookyung was still unstable. Luhan had woke up yet still having a headache. Sehun caressed Yookyung’s hair. He felt a squeeze at his hand. He looked at the girl’s face as she opened her eyes. “S-sehun...” her voice cracked. The girl sat up with her boyfriend’s help. She smiled up at him but suddenly her eyes widened. Sehun couldn’t get what was running through her mind but she was acting weird. She looked down and stayed still. The man caressed her hair again. She looked up to Luhan, making eye contact with him. The guy immediately knew what was bothering her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                  Hayoung stood on the rooftop by herself, watching the scenery before her. She didn’t mind the sound of someone opening the door and walked up to her. However, she froze when a pair of arms wrapped around her waist, feeling a slight press on her back. She felt the other inhaled her scent. “I miss you so much. I’ve been dreaming about getting to touch you like this again.” he spoke. The other just stood still.

“You’re an intruder. Please walk out of this school.” the girl politely replied.

“I don’t want to. I wanna be with you.” he objected, his eyes catching another pair of eyes watching them. Minseok could only stopped his tracks right after walking through the door. Minseok looked down to the floor. The guy let go of Hayoung after whispering, “My name is Seungjun.” he lightly presses his lips on her cheek. He walked off, smirking slightly to the elder. Minseok’s eyes were as wide as a goldfish. His eyes would have popped out any time. He couldn’t believe this. That guy kissed her cheek. Freaking kissed her cheek and she did nothing!?

Hayoung glanced at her teacher, quietly motioning him to come to her. The other obliged, sitting down on the floor with her. “Who is that guy? Your boyfriend?” the teacher asked. He was extremely curious.

“I don’t have any boyfriends.” Hayoung answered. She touched her cheek, the place Seungjun kissed. It still lingers. She slowly took Minseok’s hand and brought it to her cheek. The man was surprised with her actions. He saw her eyes. They were not full of darkness and vengeance. There a slight fear in them. She looked fragile. Minseok her cheek with his thumb, not breaking their eye contact. Her eyes were so intimidating. He slowly leaned forward, tilting his head slightly. Their lips were so close from each other but before he could close the gap in between them, the bell rang. He jumped back into reality and quickly back off.

“I-I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to-”, he spoke, standing up. Hayoung just watched the other ran off in panic, mumbling to himself with his red face.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               “My name is Seungjun.” those words kept on repeating in Hayoung’s mind. She didn’t have much appetite for dinner and Sehun realized it. He sat on her bed, beside the girl who was reading a book. “Hayoung-ah, is there something bothering you?” he received a shook of a head as an answer. He tried to ask again, this time, using skinship as a weapon. “You sure? You didn’t eat much today.” he held her hand, giving it a light squeeze. The girl looked at him as if he’s weird.

“I already said there’s nothing. And even if there is, it’s better not to tell.” she looked back to her book. Sehun pouted slightly as his strategy didn’t work. He knew if he ask again, he might get a nightmare.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               Yookyung couldn’t sleep. She wanted to go home so badly, but the doctor won’t let her go. She closed her eyes. “It’s okay, Yookyung-ah. You’ll be grateful to lose that ability. It must have been tough on you to act like you know nothing when you know everything. Especially if you know some people are close to you because they want to use you.” Luhan spoke from the other bed. He stared at the ceiling. “You’ll be fine. Don’t worry. Sehun already knew about it.”, his words made Yookyung bit her lips.

“And what did he think about that?”

“He thought that it’s fair and square now. You won’t know his thoughts and so does he. He won’t know yours. There are some times you don’t have to know the truth. We, humans live in a life filled with lies.” Luhan turned his head to look at Yookyung. “You know, Sehun might look like that. But he actually was so worried. He didn’t let go of your hand all night. He had been praying for you to recover.” he smiled softly. The girl felt heavy in her chest. Yookyung could only close her eyes and tried to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

              Suho looked at the man before him. He was in a dangerous place. Not the office, not the jail or anything. It was a café where Luhan worked. What’s worse, Luhan was there at the cashier. Suho knew Luhan would catch the words that appear in the old man’s mind. He might be shocked. He was so not ready for Luhan’s big doe eyes. “Seungjun is getting close to her. You’re not afraid of that, young Joonmyeon?” the man sipped a bit of his coffee. “No. I’m pretty sure that Hayoung would be safe. Seungjun might be close to her, but he doesn’t know she’s not the same anymore.”, the other replied. “You never disappoint me, Joonmyeon. You were so obedient to me when I raised you. You were so little and innocent back then. Yet, you ran away with Xiumin, part ways. And look, you reunited.” the man scoffed. “You even took my first creation’s children with you.”

Suho felt something was burning in his heart. “So to you, she’s only the ‘first creation’. Do you even have humanity in you?” his hands curled into fists.

“You should know better young man. She was precious.”

“Precious. Tell me why you would kill someone so precious.” by this moment, Suho glanced at Luhan, knowing he had listen to their thoughts. The latter’s eyes were big when their eyes met and Luhan quickly looked down to his work. Biting his lips nervously. Suho sighed and stood up. “I have somewhere to go. Excuse me.”, he wanted to walk away.

“In a tournament, there will always be a winner and a loser. A winner is decided when one gives up. For people like us, a winner is decided when one of us dies. Have you ever think who will survive this war?” Suho knew what those words meant. He knew Hayoung and Sehun were the prize. And he with Xiumin would be fighting against his CEO with his men.


"There was something about the way he speaks. Reminds me of someone I loved.”

“Forget your feelings.”

“Still keeping secrets, aren’t you?”

, “So you know that Hayoung...”

Next Episode : Untold but Known