The Known Truth

Angel of Death

Last Episode:

At the door, Minseok stood still. He stared at the happiness of the siblings. How peaceful it was but his heart wasn’t at peace. He let out a sigh. “Guys, breakfast is ready! Come and-”, Minseok’s eyes widened at Luhan’s voice. He looked at him and met that widened doe eyes. He knew that the other guy had already captured what was on his mind. Luhan swore that was the first time Minseok ever gave a very deadly serious face to him.


Episode 34

              “How were you able to hide this from me?” the blonde spoke, looking down to his lap. He played with his own fingers. He could feel his heart dropping. The truth.. what was the truth? Is the Minseok in front of him a fake?

“If you know, you wouldn’t let me go closer to her.” The other sigh and looked out of the window. “Go back to work or you’ll be scolded.” He laid his eyes upon the waiter who was making weird faces with teary eyes.

“I don’t know what you really want with Hayoung but please don’t hurt her like this. I’m not in a state where I can order you around but she’s.. Hayoung, she’s..precious.”, the boy stood up. “Sometimes, I do miss her teasing me. But now, she rarely ‘plays’ with me. It’s as if something is bothering her and I can’t read her mind clearly. She never think one thing at a time except when she’s with you. So please, don’t hurt her. She loves you dearly.” He looked up to the customer and wiped his tears. “I’m going back to work.” With that, he walked towards the kitchen of the café.

“I don’t need you to tell me that.” Minseok looked down to his cup of coffee. “Don’t make me feel guilty.” He sighed.

-------------------------------------------------------------

“Sehun..”

“Mm?”

“Don’t you think Hayoung is being quiet lately?”

“Mm.”

“Is that all you have to say?”

“Yeah.”

“Sehun..”

“Mm?”

“Something is going on, isn’t it?”

“Yeah..”, the boy sighed. “I don’t know anymore. Hayoung is insecure. She kills a lot too lately. She had been going out night after night.”

“Do you have a clue why?”

“I think it is because she saw the old man.”

“Old man?”

“The reason why she became the Angel.”, the boy ruffled his hair, feeling the other squeeze his arm. “Don’t worry too much about her, okay? You might get involved and your life will be in danger. I don’t want that.”

“I’m already involved.”, the other kissed his cheek.

“Goodnight, Yookyung-ah.”, he kissed her forehead. “Be careful, okay?”, they bid each other goodbye and Yookyung closed the door. She was about to plop herself to bed when she heard the doorbell rings.

“Sehun, did you left something?”, the girl opened the door and looked up to the guy in front of him. Her smile turned into a frown.

---------------------------------------------------------

Sehun yawned. It was totally late. His phone suddenly rang and he quickly picked it up, wondering who it was. “Is there anything you need, Yookyung-ah?’, he spoke. But the other line stayed quiet. He focused on the silence and that was when he finally hear those soft groans. It was a man’s voice and he knew well who that belongs to. He stayed quiet, holding his phone tight. Yookyung’s voice came out, groaning. It was not a normal groan but a groan of pain.

“Please..stop. stop!”, her voice echoed in Sehun’s ear. He knew the girl was crying. He had enough of staying quiet when he heard the girl scream.

“What are you doing with her!?”, he shouted to the phone.

“S-sehun..”, Yookyung whispered. “They’re tricking you..”

“Who!? Yookyung, who!?”

“Calm down, boy. No need to be panic. She’s just hurting a little. If you want her, you can come to your brother’s workplace. You know where that is, right?”, a voice interrupted and chuckled as Sehun cursed under his breath.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hayoung wore her coat. Her sword was kept in its cage. Minseok watched her. “Going out so late?”, his voice stopped Hayoung’s actions. The girl looked at him and nodded. “I’m going with you.”

“No. Just stay here please. I don’t want you to get involved.”

“But I already am. You can’t force me to forget you’re the Angel of Death.”, his words made her eyes widened. “I know everything.”, he walked closer to her and hugged her. “I don’t mind it if you’re the angel.”, he whispered. She jolted and pushed him away.

“I have to go.” She looked away and went out of the house. Minseok watched as the girl was gone from his sight. His hands curled into fists.

---------------------------------------------------

“So you’re here, my love.”

“Don’t call me that.”

“Why do you look so tense? I’ll bring you to him. Don’t worry.” the male placed his hand on her shoulder.

“Don’t you mess with me, Oh Seungjun.” She slapped his hand away, giving him the death glare.

“I really like you, Oh Hayoung.” The other faintly smiled. “I really do.” They walked deeper into the hallway. “We’re here.” He opened the metal door, revealing a spacy room. Hayoung went inside and looked around.

“There’s noth-” her words stopped as she heard the metal door closing. She turned around, hearing the door being locked.

“Enjoy the show, my love.”

Hayoung realized one by one, the room was brightening up a little. It was filled with screens.


 

“Mom!”

“Don’t use her.”

“Bring me to him.”

“One wrong move, I’ll create a hole in your head.”

Next Episode: Breakout