The Hand That Touched Hers

Angel of Death

Last chapter

When he got into his room, he looked at the window and saw Hayoung staring at him. He opened the window and smiled, “Hayoung-ah, let’s go to school together tomorrow.”, he requested. The girl only gave him a nod as an answer and she turned around. Minseok heard Suho’s voice ordering them to sleep and the lights were turned off.


 

Chapter 12

     “Woah! I can’t believe this. You? With..with that Ice Prince?! Do you know how cold he is towards girls? You’ll turn into ice!”, Eunji, a brown with straight-cut haired girl flailed.

“That will turn me into an Ice Princess.”, Yookyung smiled.

“Yah! Are you crazy or what!?”, Eunji’s mouth gaped opened.

“Wait.. Don’t tell me you have a crush on him!?”, Bomi, another friend shouted.

Everyone looked at them. “What!?”, Naeun, a black haired girl interrupted. She sat down beside Yookyung, her bestfriend. “Is that true, Yookyung-ah?”,

 

     “You can’t say a crush because I’m only attracted to him. I don’t have that ‘my heart skips a beat’ thing.”, Yookyung explained.

“Sooner or later it will be a huge crush!”, Bomi exclaimed.

“Yookyung-ah, I don’t want you to turn out to be like him. Cold and emotionless.”Naeun sighed. “Look at him. His friends are making jokes but all he can give is a straight face.”, Naeun continued.  Yookyung placed her chin on her palms. “Why are you attracted to him?”, the black haired asked. All three of them focused on Yookyung, waiting for her answer.

“Just something happened.”, the girl answered. Turning to her right, her eyes met with the guy of their topic. His calmed eyes were what Yookyung focused on. Sehun drank his iced tea, not seeming to realize her gaze.

 

-FLASHBACK-

     ‘This .’ ; ‘When will you understand?’ ; ‘That girl is ugly.’ ; ‘Why do I always have bad luck?’ ; ‘Stupid old woman.’ ,

a lot of thoughts ran through Yookyung’s mind but it wasn’t hers. Her thoughts were, ‘Please stop. I don’t want to hear it. I should have brought my earphone with me.’ This was the reason why she didn’t like public places. “Make it stop. Make it stop.”, she mumbled. Suddenly, a rush of air passed her, wiping out all of the thoughts. She raised her head to see an unknown girl with a boy she recognized. Sehun, with a gothic girl. Their eyes met for a mere second. A rush of air passed her again as Sehun walked past her. She turned to look at the black girl’s back. That girl was the one she had seen to be with Sehun when they walked back home in the evening.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

“Yookyung-ah, you’re staring at each other.”, Naeun whispered. This brought Yookyung  back to reality. She blinked her eyes and realized the other was staring at her too.

‘What is she looking at?’, she read Sehun’s thoughts. They watched each other and Yookyung saw Chanyeol looked at her too.

“Sehun-ah, why are you looking at her?”, Chanyeol elbowed Sehun making him turned to the other. “Ooh~ Sehun has a crush on Yookyungie~”, Chanyeol sang. The others “oooo~~”-ed at Sehun. The boy turned to Yookyung once again to meet her gaze.

‘Don’t say she’s attracted to Hayoung. I won’t think twice about killing her.’, Sehun thought and of course Yookyung managed to catch it. Yookyung’s eyes widened and she turned away. Her heart was beating faster. Won’t think twice?

She felt a tap on her shoulder. The girls looked up and saw Baekhyun, one of the boys. He smiled at Yookyung. “I heard a rumour that you picked Sehun to be your partner out of all the cheerful students. I say, be careful with him. He might look like that but he does his work in details. Don’t ask too many questions or he’ll get annoyed. If you understand his way of thinking, you might see him as an attractive person.”, he winked and ran to join the rest of the boys who were walking out of the cafeteria.

--------

 

“Where did you go?”, Chanyeol threw his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders.

“Somewhere.”, he answered. “Hey, what do you think about Yookyung?”, it was his turn to ask.

“Yookyung? She’s a good girl not to mention rich. She’s an intelligent, good in playing music instruments, singing. Well, you could say she was the girl every mother would dream to have.”, Chanyeol replied, nodding his head in agreement of what he said.

----------

“Yookyung-ah!”, Baekhyun cooed. The mentioned person turned around. “You’re going somewhere tonight?”

“No.”

“Are you going to meet Sehunnie?”

“Yes.”

“Where?”

“At my house.”

“Ah.. Wait-your house!?”, Baekhyun’s voice raised a bit. ‘This girl is really something.’, Yookyung read his thoughts. “Anyway, take good care of him. Make sure you fall for him too! Hard!”, Baekhyun ran along the hallway. Yookyung blinked. Did he just asked her to fall for Oh Sehun?

ANGEL OF DEATH

“Hayoung-ah, let’s go home together.”, Minseok stood in front of the girl’s desk. The girl didn’t say anything and went out of the classroom, completely ignoring the boy. Minseok just followed her. “Can we go to a supermarket before going home?”, he asked. When he didn’t receive any answer, he took it as a ‘no’. “Hayoung-ah, can I call-”, his words stopped as he realized the girl wasn’t beside him anymore. He turned around and saw her waiting for the light for pedestrians to go green before crossing the road. “Hayoung-ah, what are you doing there?”, he asked.

     “Didn’t you say you wanted to go to a supermarket?”, the girl spoke. He finally heard her voice. Her voice that was came out for him. It was spooky but elegant. He could only let out a simple “Ah~”. They crossed the road. Minseok smiled as he walked side by side with her. The back of their hands touched.

There were a lot of schoolkids since it was Friday. His steps were stopped by a gang of girls. He could see Hayoung who continued walking. His hand automatically reached Hayoung’s. the girl felt a jolt of electricity and turned to him. “Wait up.”, Minseok requested. “There’s a lot of people today. Let’s stick together.”, he blushed. His grip on Hayoung’s hand tighten. They walked hand in hand to the supermarket. Minseok didn’t even think of the risk of someone from their school might caught them red-handed. What? It was not like they’re dating but just as a warning.

     Minseok pushed the trolly. Slowly, it was filled with creals, ice creams, detergent and car perfumes. Hayoung wondered why he needed those perfumes. It’s not like he drive his car eventhough it was parked in front of his house. Her phone rang. She picked it up and it was Sehun.

“Hayoung? Where are you?”, Sehun’s voice echoed in the phone.

“I’m at a supermarket.”

“And why are you there?”

“Need to buy stuffs.”

“Wait there, I’ll come.”

“It’s okay. I’ll be fine.”, and she hung up.

     “Why didn’t you say you’re with me?”, Minseok asked as he pushed the trolly.

“Because he would come here running and strangle you. I don’t want him to get tired.”, Hayoung replied. Minseok had a tingly feeling in his stomach. He made Hayoung talked more to him.

When they arrived home, Minseok gave one of the plastic bag which were filled with food. “Take this. You said you went there to buy stuffs.”, Minseok smiled. Hayoung went into the house while Minseok went into his. “Hayoung-ah, dinner is ready. Sehun went to a friend’s house.”, Suho smiled as he sees her beloved sister.

“Eat ahead. I’m not hungry.”, she answered. She went upstairs after arranging the packs of food in the kitchen. She plomped herself on the bed. Her thoughts flew to the image of Minseok smiling at her. She lifted her hand and stared at it. She remembered how she felt when the boy’s hand gripped hers. Their first skin to skin contact. She wondered why his hand felt so cold. She stared at her hand. Minseok’s hand, the hand that touched hers. Her hand that was used to kill. That was used to swing the sword and slicing people’s skin. She eventually closed her eyes, Minseok never leaving her thoughts.

ANGEL OF DEATH


“I can see that you’re sticking to our homeroom teacher.”

-“ Do you want me to cut your body into pieces?”

“I thought I could trust you. Gladly you proved me wrong.”

- The only thing that can connect me to her is this window.”

~next episode~ Those Eyes That Saw Her