The Reason

Angel of Death

Last chapter

They made eye contact. Suho’s hands curled into fists. “We meet again, W06.”, and.. Suho’s face turned pale.

 

Chapter 18

“I can’t believe he carried you here. If I knew you were sick, I would have pushed that Yookyung from dragging me to the library.”, Sehun sighed. He looked at Hayoung who was eating some soup.

{ FLASHBACK}

Hayoung opened her eyes. She felt her surrounding was different. She rubbed her eyes. “:Are you awake? I’m sorry if I woke you up.”, Minseok’s voice entered her ears. “Your brother sent you a text.”

Hayoung opened the message. “I’ll be coming home late.”, it read. She placed her phone back into her pocket and wrapped her arms around Minseok’s neck. She didn’t know why she was starting to get comfortable with him. She never let anyone beside her family to give her a piggyback. But this man, was carrying her.

“You should rest some more.”, and with that, Hayoung closed her eyes again, trying to ignore the feeling she was experiencing. She opened her eyes and she was on her bed. Minseok was placing a wet towel on her forehead. “Just take some rest. Sehun will be coming in a while.”, he smiled at her. His hand reached her cheek and his thumb caressing it. “You shouldn’t have gone to school today. You have a high fever. Just rest. I’ll be here until Sehunnie comes.”, he caressed her hair this time. She just closed her eyes, Minseok assuming she said “Alright.”. When she opened her eyes, she could only saw Sehun walking back and forth like a father who was waiting for his wife’s surgery to finish.

{END OF FLASHBACK}

     Suho came back, looking dehydrated. “Hyung, is there something wrong?”, Sehun tilted his head to the right.

“N-no. Nothing’s wrong. I’m just tired. The first day of work.”, Suho waved his hand. He walked upstairs without another word. He stepped into the shower. He didn’t expect that the CEO would be the man he met in the past. The screams from his past came through his mind. He massaged his temples. Maybe being in the shower for a while would calm him down. He walked downstairs, seeing Sehun on the phone.

“Yeah, I have to take care of my dongsaeng.”, he hung up.

“Where’s Hayoungie?”, Suho asked.

“She’s resting. She has a high fever.”, Sehun replied. He went inside his room while Suho went into the reading room. He took a random book and started reading it. He knew that the thing that he needed at that time was to forget. He wished he could forget all the past. The screams, the rattle of metal, the needles. He shut his eyes tight. He couldn’t focus on the book. He rubbed his temples. A voice linger in his head.

( A/N : the bold  part is the flashback )

“Nice to meet you, sir.”, Suho bowed.

“Yes,nice to meet you too. I can see that you still remember me. So there’s still Junmyeon in you.”, the man cooed.

“That part will never leave me. I can’t forget you even if I want to.”, he boldly replied.

The man smirked, staring straight into Suho’s eyes. “So how are the twins?”

Suho’s breath hitched. “They’re fine, sir.”

“I missed them.”, when Suho heard those words, his hands curled into fists, nails digging into his flesh.

Hayoung woke up and saw Sehun sleeping. She had a mission of course. Her prey.

“I’m sure they don’t miss you.”

“Of course, they don’t even remember me.”

She struggled to wear her black clothes. She had to kill. Her sword is thirsty.

“I don’t know about that. Somehow, I think the younger one remembers your face.”, Suho replied.

“Ah.. The younger. She’s quite interesting. How about the elder?”

Hayoung walked in the night slowly and carefully. Her sword kept in its cage.

“He doesn’t care about it. He only cares about the younger.”, Suho sighed.

“That girl, Hayoung, she’s the Angel of Death, isn’t she?”

Hayoung slashed her victim. Her sword tasted fresh blood that night. She stabbed the other again.

“I taught her about violence very well. I wonder when will she reach my record of killing.”, the man looked outside the window. “She did it because of me. I’m sure she hates me as much as I love her. I want her to be like me.”

Hayoung staggered along the alley.

“She will turn into a demon when that time comes.”

Hayoung stumbled and fell to the ground. Her breath hitching. Her head aching.

“I’m waiting to see her rage. And see her die slowly.”

Hayoung’s vision became blurry. She dragged herself. She could barely breathe. Her body felt hot like she was on fire. Her head finally drop to the ground, her eyes closed.

Suho opened his eyes. It felt like a dream that he met the man. He heard the doorbell, so he opened it, revealing Minseok. What shocked him wasn’t the man but the girl he was carrying. It was her one and only sister. The man held the girl protectively. His breath stuck in his throat as he stared at the girl who he himself wasn’t sure if she was breathing or not.


“Hyung, why are you lying on the floor?”

-"I’ll have Luhan to take care of you.”

“If she stops what she’s doing, she would have smiled.”

-“I get it. You power."

Next chapter : Her Power