Frozen Kiss

Angel of Death

Last Episode:

“One wrong move, I’ll create a hole in your head.”, for the first time, she saw those eyes. Those serious eyes that glare right into her soul. He was serious this time.


Episode 36

               Hayoung locked her eyes on his. Silence filled the air. There was no movement. “Hayoung-ah, I love you but I need to obey my master.”, with that, he pulled the trigger. But Hayoung was faster. She dodged it by pushing the gun upwards with all of her guts. At the same moment, she slashed her sword, cutting the skin of the guy’s stomach. He let out a low groan, placing his hand on his wound. He pulled the trigger again, Hayoung dodged and dashed towards him, slicing a bit of his leg. The back of the sword hit the man’s wrist and his gun fell to the ground while he fell to his knees. “Damn it. I can never surpass you no matter how much I trained myself.”, he sighed and looked up to her. If he swallows his saliva, he would have cut his own throat as the sword is pointing right at his Adam’s apple.

“Take me to him.”, her voice was not a whisper but a strict order.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

              Sehun ran into the office. He knew what it meant. He knew the dearest people to him were in danger but no matter what he did, he could never dodge what came for him. For Hayoung. He suddenly stopped as he sees the bodies on the floor. Scattered. He knew that his younger sister was there. Those were her tracks.

{FLASHBACK}

“Oppa.”, Hayoung whispered to him. It was 3 AM.

“Mm?”, Sehun, who was at his study table turned around to look at her. “You’re late. Was it hard to “eat” tonight?”, his eyes wandered on the girl’s body, wet with blood. He sighed in relief as there was no wound.

“What does it feel like to love Yookyung-unnie?”, her question made his eyes widened. Why would she suddenly ask- his train of thoughts stopped. He took a deep breath before answering.

“You would want to protect them from any kind of pain in this world. You would want to be by their side 24/7. You want to make them happy. You get nervous but happy around them.”, he answered. The girl touched her lips gently, looking down to the floor. “You’re in love with him, aren’t you?”, Sehun’s voice echoed in their room. “But he’s not-”, his words were cut off by the other.

“I know. We’re not suited for each other.”, she walked into the bathroom and changed her clothes. “That’s why…”, she paused. Sehun stopped writing on his paper, waiting for her to talk although he already knew what she was going to utter.  Hayoung  went out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around her neck and looked up straight into her brother’s eyes. “I’ll still kill him if I have to.”, her eyes shining.

{END OF FLASHBACK}

 

             Sehun was running again but he suddenly heard a noise. Footsteps. He stuck his body to the wall, slowly inhaling oxygen as he focus himself on the footsteps. The footsteps came nearer but slower than before. He knew the other person was being careful as well. The other person acknowledge his presence. Sehun took a deep breath before coming out of his cover, revealing himself in the corner and wind blows harshly along the hallway. He saw his victim cover his eyes with his forearms and when Sehun was ready to give another blow, he recognizes him. “Hyung.”, his tensed muscles relaxed themselves after he muttered out the word. The black haired guy looked up. “Sehun.”, he uttered.

The younger walked up to his brother. “What are you doing here?”, Suho asked. Sehun looked down.

“I’m searching for Yookyung but it looks like Hayoung is also here.”, he mumbled, looking at the traces of blood. They followed the trail carefully but after a few minutes, they stopped. Suho realized something was wrong. He sensed there was another presence. A third presence. “Don’t you think it’s too cold here?”, Sehun muttered.

“It is, isn’t it?”, a voice answered.  Both of their hearts skipped a beat. Sehun swallowed his saliva, as he recognized that voice. The voice he had been wondering about. Suho closed his eyes tightly, wishing that it was just his hallucination. His nightmare was about to start. This was just the beginning of the war between him- no, between Hayoung and the old man, his boss, the one that wanted this war so much just because he want to see how much did he succeed in creating a monster even though that ‘monster’ became one, not because of him but because of her grudge. Both of the brothers turned around with widened eyes as all they got to see was something sharp moving towards them at high speed and all they could feel was cold from head to toe.

------------------------------------------------------------------

              “Hey, don’t you think you should kill me before I kill you?”, Seungjun asked the other. Hayoung had her arm around his waist and his arm around her shoulder to support him to walk.

“I’m not killing you yet. I’m sparing you. To kill you in front of your master.”, Hayoung replied. True, that was what she wanted. To kill the slave in front of his master. Not that the master would care.

“Say, Hayoung-ah. What do you like about Minseok-ssi?”, he inquired.

“Why would you want to know that?”, the other answered with another inquiry.

“Just because.”, he sighed. “Is he your first love? But you do know that he-”, before he could continue, Hayoung had already taken the chance to cut him off with surprising words.

“I liked you.”, Hayoung muttered. The boy looked at her with widened eyes, staring at her in disbelief. “I liked you, Sungjong-oppa.”, she put him down on the floor. “Rest for a while.”, she requested and sat down beside her. She knew it wasn’t a time to rest but she refused to leave him alone.

“How did you-”, his words were cut off by her stare. “The moment you called my name, I knew I know you. You resemble him so much. What happened to you that you’ve changed your face?”, Hayoung asked.

“It’s a long story. To shorten it, he did an experiment on me. Fire. I was out of control and burned my own body but I was alive. So they did a surgery on me. Changing me as a whole. Gave me a new name. A new identity. But I couldn’t stop thinking about you. I know what happened the day your house was burnt.”, Seungjun explained.

Hayoung was about to say something but both of them heard a noise from inside of a room. The grip on her sword tighten and she stood up. “Stay here.”, she ordered and walked near to the door of the room. She slowly opened it and looked around. It was dark and she stepped in, leaving the man behind. Seungjun sighed softly but he saw a shadow from his left side. He looked up and met those eyes. The eyes that shine in the night. He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. His throat was frozen. He couldn’t speak. His eyes widened even more as the shadow came closer to him, not even Hayoung could detect his presence at that time. Seungjun stared into those eyes. The eyes that he feared back then and he feet were cold. And thus, he didn’t make any single move.

Hayoung walked out of the room after knowing nothing was there. Or so she thought. She looked at Seungjun, frozen on the floor. Her eyes widened and her senses became sharper. She looked around, searching for anything out of ordinary but couldn’t find anything except Seungjun. She laid her eyes on Seungjun again, squinting her eyes at those tiny little sparkling objects that are attached to Seungjun’s body. She gripped her sword tightly and her heart almost stopped as a pair of arms wrapped themselves around her from the back. She recognized the warmth. “I love you.”, a kiss was planted on her shoulder and she gasped as frost spread itself due to the kiss. She felt cold and could only stare as the hug tighten, the coldness increase and she froze. “I love you, Hayoung-ah.”, the man mumbled.   


“Don’t you dare touch her!”

"How long have you been hiding that power of yours?"

“But still, you can’t defeat my strongest son"

“I don’t care if you have someone important in your life, I’ll kill you.”

Next Episode: The Man She Hates