Painfully Beautiful Words

Angel of Death

    Last episode: 

“Are you okay?”, Sehun asked Hayoung but the girl kept her gaze on one place. He followed her gaze.

“That person.. reminds me of someone.”, she muttered. Sehun stared at the unknown guy’s back. He swore it was the same guy on the roof the other night.


Episode 28    

        Sehun squeezed the hand in his. He was nervous. His tongue slid in between his lips. A sign of controlling himself. Yookyung had a smile on her face. She swung their intertwined hands. “Don’t feel to flustered.”, Sehun warned. It’s not that he wanted to let go. He, himself was a bit flustered.

               Yookyung opened the door to her apartment, letting the boy walked to the living room. “It’s hard to act, isn’t it?”, Yookyung asked, bringing some tea to him. He pulled her hand, motioning her to sit. The girl sat down beside him.

        “Well, we should start practicing then.”, he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. The long haired startled and pried his arm off. Sehun took this chance to tease. He pulled her into a hug this time. Yookyung let out a squeak while Sehun chuckled. “For a minute.”, he requested. He could feel her heartbeat. Her hands slowly placed on his back.

“Do we really have to?”, her question made his hug turned tighter. He didn’t give any answer. It felt like more than a minute. Sehun let go of Yookyung and caressed her cheek. “G-go home.”, Yookyung stuttered, looking away from him as she blushed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

             “Yookyung-ah, Sehun is waiting.”, Naeun nudged the girl’s side.

“Ah, okay. “, she spoke, standing up and packing her bag. “See you later.”, she smiled and walked up to him.

“Ah.. they do look like a couple. Sehun-oppa won’t just touch any girl.”. a girl whispered. Sehun wanting them to be jealous, threw an arm around Yookyung’s shoulders, pulling her closer. The girl got his idea and wrapped her arm around his torso. The other girls shrieked.

 

             The two arrived at a reunion that night. It was a reunion of their high school students. “Whoa- she’s gotten pretty~”, one of the boy’s hand reached Yookyung’s face and Sehun slapped it away. “Don’t touch what’s mine.”, he spoke, making everyone else laughed. Yookyung blushed at his words.

            It was getting late. Yookyung seemed to be getting hotter because of the alcohols. She ed the few top buttons of her shirt, revealing more of her skin. Sehun quickly buttons them back. “She’s completely drunk.”, Baekhyun, who was also one of the graduations from Hakyung high school in between the ‘couple’. “I’ll take her home.”, Sehun put her on his back.

             “Sehun-ah… Is this all a dream?”, Yookyung mumbled. Her arms around his neck. “I dreamt that we were loving each other. No more acting.”, she continued. “I love you, Sehun-ah. Why can’t you see that? I love you so much that it hurts,. Do you love me?”, the girl asked, making the boy held his breath for a moment. “Get some rest.”, thatr was the only answer.

             They arrived home, Yookyung stumbling herself into the bathroom. The boy could hear her throwing up. She had a shower and opened the door. Sehun sighed in relief. She wasn’t drunk anymore or so he thought. The girl walked up to him, pushing him against the wall. She cupped his cheeks. “My Sehun is so handsome.”, the girl chuckled but suddenly sobbed. “Why don’t you love me? Do you know how hurt I am? I feel like I’m being used.”. she let him go and buried her face in his chest. Sehun could hear those faint sobs turned into loud cries.

              He pushed Yookyung away a bit to look at her face. He cupped her face making her looked at him. He started to plant kisses on her face, saying ‘Saranghae.” With every kiss. The girl’s tears stopped flowing after a while. “I hate you for this.”, finally, his lips landed on hers.

-------------------------------------------------------

 

              “Since when did you learn not coming home at all?”, Suho crossed his arms on his chest.

“My friend got drunk.”, Sehun answered and went out. He just went off to the college alone, making Hayoung went to school with Minseok. He saw Yookyung but she ignored him. The girl just quickly ran off whenever she meets him. She ignored him in class and Sehun was getting irritated. After his class was finished, he searched for Yookyung. The girl was nowhere to be found.

Naeun came and tapped his shoulder. “If you’re looking for Yookyung, she’s having a class with Mr. Kim in the music room.”, she blurted. Sehun thanked her. “You owe me one!”, Naeun shouted.

He walked along the music rooms, hearing the sounds of a violin. He opened the door, making the girl stopped playing. He quickly closed the door and walked up to her. “Why did you ignore me?”, he blurted. “I confessed to you, I returned your feelings and you run away?”, he glared at her.

“It was just a dream! And I don’t want to believe-“, her words were cut off. It took her a few seconds to realize his lips were on hers.

The boy pulled away. “Still don’t believe? I’ll do this in the school yard then.”, the boy huffed. Yookyung blinked a few times. The door opened and revealed a teacher. Sehun excused himself and went out quickly.

               Yookyung walked in the hall way but stopped by Naeun. “Yookyung-ah, aren’t you with Sehun?”, the girl didn’t get what her friend was trying to say. Naeun gave her her phone. On the screen was a picture of Sehun kissing a girl’s cheek. It was at night. Tears started to rise. “It’s all over the school now. I think you should talk to him.”

 

                The girl heard a knock on the door. Her eyes were puffy and she didn’t want to meet anyone. “Who is it?”, she asked.

“It’s me.”, the voice she knew most.

“Don’t bother to come in. I changed the password.”, she leaned her back against the door.

“Why?”

“Just because.”

“Is there something wrong?”

“No.”

“Was it because of the rumor?”, Sehun leaned against the wall beside the door. Both of them sat down on the floor.

--------------------------------------------------

 

          Yookyung woke up. She opened the door, seeing the boy was still there, hugging his knees. He looked so fragile. She squatted down beside him. It was 3 am. She wiped his bangs away from his forehead. She finally closed the door and settled down beside him. “Yoo…kyung..”, she heard him mumble. She placed her head on his shoulder, taking his phone from his hand. She unlocked the password. There was a message from Hayoung. It read: “Goodluck on comforting her. When you kissed my cheek and comfort me yesterday, I saw someone taking a picture of us. It’ll spread.”

Yookyung’s tears rised again.


“Oh. My. God. You look different!”

“Isn’t Hayoung a sweet girl?”

“You love him, don’t you?”

“Father!!”

Next episode: Hairstyles That Changed