After So Long

Angel of Death

Last Episode

“It’s over now.”, Hayoung spoke, returning the other’s hug. “There won’t be any killing anymore.”, she uttered. Her hug loosened and before she could fell to the ground, Suho caught her right back into his arms. “You used too much power, young lady.”, he said. The sound of the siren of ambulance and police echoed in the room.


Episode 39 (FINAL)

               Sehun opened his eyes slowly and saw a figure. It took him a few seconds to finally recognize that face; Suho’s. “An angel that looks like hyung.”, his voice cracked. With that, he received a slap on the head.

“You’re not dead, idiot.”, he heard the other spoke.

“I’m alive?”, he asked, looking around. He saw Yookyung on the bed on his right and Hayoung on the bed to his left. “Hayoung..”, he tried to sit up but Suho pushed his shoulder lightly.

“You’re not allowed to get up yet.”, he exclaimed. “Hayoung is doing fine. She just needs a lot of rest.”, he said. The brother closed his eyes tight for a few seconds. He wished all of this didn’t happen. “The Angel of Death is dead now. She’ll wake up as Hayoung. Our real Hayoung.”, Suho gave him a smile, a faint one to be exact. Sehun let out a sigh.

“What will happen to us?”, the younger asked.

“We’ll go back to our normal life. I’ve told the police what happened. The experiments, the fire back then, everything. Except for the fact that we have powers.”, Suho answered.  

Sehun heaved another sigh. How he wish all of these didn’t happen. How he wish the “Angel of Death” didn’t even exist in the first place but he respected Hayoung’s decision. He turned his head, looking at Yookyung. “I’m sorry for all the trouble. You got hurt because you’re close to us. I failed to protect you.”, he thought to himself.

------------------------------------4 years later---------------------------------------

               A man sighed in the plane. His friend suddenly told him that he couldn’t manage to pick him up. “You know where we lived, right? Meet you there.”, the text said. “It’s been so long.”, he fixed his jacket as he talked to himself. He walked along the streets, well, thank goodness he still remembers how to go to the mentioned place. It had always been on his mind. The people he knew back then. He was sent there. The only difference is that he now was sent due to his father’s company. Some things changed in the town as he can see. The fact that he canceled his engagement with a girl was to be expected. She got married to another man. He didn’t love her. He loved another girl who he shouldn’t have. His footsteps stopped right in front of a house. A house that he knew, a house that he stayed before.

“Come here, Minwoo. I’ll make you some bibimbap for tomorrow, alright?”, he heard a voice. That voice he knew. The voice that he craved for. He turned around to see a woman and a child. The woman he missed most. Her hair was brunette with a bit of curl and she had a red lipstick on. The child was black haired and had bright shining eyes. He smiled and stepped forward. “Minwoo, stand back.”, the woman stretched out her arm in front of the little boy.

“Hayoung-“, the man’s words were cut off as he realized a sword was pointing right at his eyes.

“What is your purpose doing here?”, the girl asked. Minwoo already had his arms around the girl’s right leg, scared. The man looked into her eyes. Her eyes didn’t change like the way she looked at her victim in despise.

“Hayoung- it’s me.”, the man smiled faintly.

“Hayoung!”, a voice shouted. It was Luhan. His big doe eyes were widened and he gently held Hayoung’s wrist, making her put away her weapon. Luhan brought all of them into the house. They sat at the living room.

“She lost her memories. She used her power too much back then. When she woke up, she barely recognize everyone, even Sehun. We..never told her about you. We were afraid that you might make her unstable. That’s why… I waited so long. I waited for you to call me.”, Luhan confessed.

“Ahjussi.”, Minwoo sat beside the man. “Are you scared? Don’t be.”, the boy smiled. The man stared at him before looking back at Luhan.

“You two really make good parents.”, he laughed.

“He’s so polite and wasn’t scared anymore after knowing I’m your friend.”, he smiled but blinked confusingly after looking at Luhan’s expression. “Minseok.”, he spoke before standing up. He took a deep breath and pointed his index finger at Hayoung. “How can you imagine me marrying her!? Are you crazy!? I don’t think we will ever get a child if we get married! She-“, Luhan’s words were cut off as he looked at Hayoung’s glare. She was standing beside the coffee table, a tray of tea and cookies in her hands. She placed the tray on the table before sitting down in front of Minseok silently. Luhan sighed. “I can never marry her. There was never romantic feelings between us.”, he mumbled and sat down again.

“Aunt Hayoung can be scary sometimes but she’s extremely nice!”, Minwoo exclaimed.

“Aunt- He’s Sehun’s son!?”, Minseok got panicked.

“Uncle Sehun is my uncle! My dad goes by the name of Kim Junmyeon!”, Minwooo said excitedly. He ran upstairs before coming back down with a picture. He gave the picture to Minseok.

“So he’s using his real name now..”, his words stopped as his eyes landed on Suho- or Junmyeon’s wife. His ex-fiancee, Chorong. “Chorong?”, he mumbled but Minwoo heard him.

“You know my mother?”, he smiled widely and Minseok looked at him. He didn’t expect them to marry each other. “Mommy and daddy are outstation for their work. They even work at the same place!”, he beamed.

 

Minseok chuckled at the boy’s excitement. “I do know your mother. For quite a long time.”, he smiled. “So Aunt Hayoung and Uncle Luhan are taking good care of you I see.”,

“Yes!”, Minwoo beamed again before taking a cookie. “They fight most of the times but they’re like my second parents.”, Minseok could see a genuine smile from the boy. “I love being with them. We’re going to have a hangout tomorrow. Come and join us, uncle!”, he took Minseok’s hand in both of his little ones, his teeth biting onto the cookie.

“Minwoo..”, Hayoung cooed, making the boy turned to her. “How about you get ready to have a bath, mm?”, she smiled softly and ruffled the boy’s hair before going upstairs to prepare Minwoo’s bubble bath. Minwoo chuckled and plopped himself beside Minseok.

“See? Aunt Hayoung is extremely nice!”, he flailed his arms.

Minseok nodded in agreement, “Yeah, I can see that…even before she lost her memories.”, he smiled. Minwoo happened to not heard what Minseok had said. He was already running towards the bathroom.

Minseok turned his head to Luhan who gave him a faint smile. “Sehun will be back soon. You better take good care of your head.”, he teased, but it sounded as if it was filled with sadness. “Let me show you to your room.”, Luhan offered and the other accepted. They both took a tour around the house. Nothing much changed. Junmyeon had been updating him with everything when he was still in China. He didn’t know how Junmyeon managed to find him but he was thankful.

 

                Minseok peeked through the opened door. Hayoung was in the bath tub with Minwoo. It seemed like Minwoo had pulled her into the tub as she still had her clothes on. Her hair was wet and how it reminded of him when he met her on a rainy day, lying down in the middle of the street. It was when she had a fever—Minseok’s train of thoughts suddenly stopped as he felt a presence behind him. “Oi, erted traitor.”, he heard a voice and all he knew was that he was already in mid air, floating and spinning. Minseok let out weird shouts. His head was spinning. He knew who he had just met. That voice. The voice that didn’t like his presence from the very start. He knew who it was. And he knew Luhan had no chance of stopping this young man. The wind suddenly stopped and he was gently placed onto the floor. Minseok looked at the young man, Sehun, confusingly. “Welcome back.”, Sehun ruffled his hair. Minseok’s eyes were wide open. He couldn’t believe what he had heard.

 

“Why are you all so nice..? Shouldn’t you be angry at me? Shouldn’t you shout at me? Shouldn’t you want to kill me?”, he asked. He was confused. Why..? why Sehun welcomed him back?

He received a glare from the younger. “Oh, you bet I want to kill you. So badly. Do you really want me to kill you?”, Sehun sighed and looked away from the other’s gaze. “It felt lonely without you here… I just thought you might help with Hayoung’s memory recovery.”, he mumbled.

Minseok couldn’t help but smile and pretend he didn’t hear it. “What? What did you say?”, he teased, making the younger blushed.

“N-Nothing!!”, he shouted and looked at Hayoung who came out from the bathroom, soaking wet.

“My memory recovery?”, she looked at Minseok. “I don’t know why but I feel like I’m attached to you in the past. Do help me recover my memories.”, Hayoung smiled at the elder. Minseok was about to give her a hug when suddenly Sehun kicked his , making him fall down to the floor.

“What the- Hayoung! Go and change your clothes or take a bath properly! You look too damn tasty for this old man here!”, he stepped on Minseok’s back, not letting him get up. Luhan looked at them from the corner. He smiled.

“Oh god, please make them stay together and be happy. I wish for them to smile. Always.”,

                                                                                                                                                         

 

-the end-

 


A/N: Ahahahah so this story has finally came to an end. After so long of a hiatus, i managed to come here and update. i am so sorry for being gone for so long. i don't know that i would get this busy. but i do hope you enjoy this story. my longest story of my life lol. and i still do ship xiumin and hayoung tbh. lolololol okayyyy bye for now!