Neighbour

Angel of Death

“I see.. I’ll be careful not to rise Sehun’s anger next time. I’ll try to get along with them. We are going to be neighbours for a long time.”, he smiled and bowed.

“I hope you will, Minseok-ssi. And let’s see how long will you stand with both of them.”, Suho smirked.

 

Chapter 2 

“Hayoung-ah, go and take a shower. Why are you sitting near the window?”, Sehun asked while drying his hair with the towel. He wrapped the little towel around his neck, peeking outside the window.

“That man… he has a weird aura around him.”, Hayoung’s voice came out as a whisper. Sehun’s eyes quickly searched for the guy. He saw the guy bowing to the people in the truck. As he turned around, their eyes met. That Minseok guy smiled at them. Clearly. Obviously smiling at them. Sehun wasn’t pleased with it. He covered Hayoung’s eyes with his hand and closed the window with his other hand.

“Go take a shower. Let’s make lunch together with hyung.”, Sehun ordered. Hayoung just followed his orders and went into the bathroom. Sehun leaned against the window, sighing. He was wondering why he was feeling so angry with the new neighbor. True, there was a different aura around that new guy. Who is he actually? He peeked through the curtains, realizing the guy is still there. When he saw Sehun was watching him, his lips curved upwards again. This time, his hand moved upwards and towards to left and right. He was waving at him! Sehun quickly turned his gaze away from the other and make sure he covered the window fully with the curtain.

‘That man is crazy! He was waving at me for goodness sake! Can’t he see I despise him!? Is he blind or so oblivious or he’s not human?’, Sehun thought. He ruffled his hair and sat on his bed, sighing. After a few seconds, he groaned, plomping himself on the comfy bed, his legs hanging beside the bed.

The bathroom door opened, revealing Hayoung in her black t-shirt. Sehun’s eyes averted to her. “Hayoung-ah, that man we met just now is crazy. Don’t even try to play with him. You’ll get annoyed instead.”, Sehun sat up. Hayoung didn’t say anything and just sat beside him. Sehun took the towel which was on her lap and dried her hair. Before Sehun could peck his younger sister’s cheek, Suho opened the door.

“I see I opened the door at the right time.” , Suho smirked seeing Sehun’s annoyed face. “Come downstairs. Help me make lunch rather than just trying to make in here.”, his smirk went wider as Sehun groaned. Hayoung was still silent. Taking Sehun’s hand into hers, he stood up and walked downstairs with both of them.

While they were having their lunch, Suho suggested that they invite Minseok to dinner which Sehun OBJECTED. “You can’t.”, Sehun rolled his eyes.

“And why not?”, Suho stuffed his mouth with an egg roll.

“He’s not our house resident.”

“He’s our neighbor.”

“You can’t. You can’t invite an outsider into this house.”

“This is my house. I can do anything I want.”

“But still, you can’t just let a stranger to have dinner with us.”

“We can. I will. That is the purpose of having dinner with him.”, Sehun glared at the elder. “I wonder why is it windy in here.”, Suho smiled, feeling the breeze. “You still don’t agree with me? You should socialize, seriously. Especially Hayoung. You can’t waste your time sticking to your brother. You’ll be all alone in High School starting tomorrow, remember?”, Suho smiled at Hayoung but still the water in the glass started rising.

Sehun pushed the water back into the glass using the wind. “Oh Sehun.”, Suho glared at the smirking Sehun. He successfully made the elder annoyed. As they were fighting, they could feel the house shaking. The two of them looked at the silent girl who only drank the water in Sehun’s glass, the one they were fighting about. Suho leaned against his chair, sighing. “I can’t believe you two.”

“Just bring him over if you want. It’s not like we can stop you. But if he gets scared, don’t ever think that he will come back. He will pay for coming in here.”, Hayoung spoke. Both of them looked at each other, wondering what was the girl thinking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“You guys stay here. I’ll go get our meal for tonight.”, Suho smiled. He went into the kitchen, leaving the three of them alone. Hayoung didn’t say a thing while Sehun just stared at Minseok in displease.

“How old are the two of you?” , Minseok broke the silence between them.

“I’m 20. She’s 18.”, Sehun answered in one tone.

“I thought you two were non-identical twins.”

“No, Suho-hyung likes to call us that.”

“Why?”

“Because we’re always stuck together. He said only twins stuck with each other 24/7. It was quite rare for a brother and sister to stick together like that. That would make people thought we have some kind of forbidden relationship.”, Sehun was getting weird by himself. Why did he answered the guy’s question so honestly? Why did he elaborate into a few sentences? Why didn’t he just answer in one sentence? Sehun eyes averted to anything else except Minseok for he thought that was the reason for him being honest to the other: looking into his eyes.

The elder sibling looked at Hayoung, who had been silence since that Minseok guy stepped into this house. She stood up and went into the kitchen, helping Suho. Sehun quickly turned around to look at the two of them. He saw Suho pat the girl’s head and threw his arm around the other’s shoulder. He turned back again, meeting the elder’s gaze.

Minseok just smiled at him. ‘There he goes again. Smiling without a word. Why on earth should I meet this guy?’, Sehun thought. Suho prepared dinner and finally they sat down, Hayoung beside Sehun and across of them were Suho and Minseok.

Suho asked a lot of questions to Minseok who answered everything with a smile. “I hope you take good care of Hayoung. She’s a dear sister to me.”, Suho pat the guy’s shoulder. Sehun’s eyes became smaller at the mention of ‘taking care’ and ‘Hayoung’. Why would his brother say that?

After dinner, Minseok stayed for a while to watch a movie. The two youngsters had a small fight with Suho who objected in watching a horror movie. They end up watching High School Musical. Suho was talking with Minseok on the couch while Hayoung and Sehun were on the floor a metre away from them. Their minds weren’t on the tv at all.

Suddenly Minseok turned around, his eyes was searching for something. “What’s wrong, Minseok-ssi?”, Suho asked, following the other’s actions.

“I thought I just heard a cat meowing and someone cooking.”, the other looked at Suho and blinked.

“But there’s no one in the kitchen. Everyone is here and the cat, maybe it’s just stray cat.”, Suho pat the other’s shoulder. “Maybe you’re imagining things.”

“Yeah. Maybe I’m tired because of arranging things and unpacking my boxes in the house.”, Minseok smiled faintly. He was sure he heard the sizzling sound of someone cooking in the kitchen. Hayoung’s head turned towards Minseok slightly. She turned her head like the way before and just play with the tiny blocks with Sehun.

“I’ll be going home now. It’s getting late and I shouldn’t bother you too much.” , Minseok laughed a little bit but tensed up once again when he hears someone chuckling. He looked towards Hayoung. His heart beat faster when the girl’s head turned towards him once again but he couldn’t see the girl’s face as it was covered with her black hair. He turned to Suho and bowed slightly.

“See you tomorrow, Minseok-ssi.”, Suho waved.

“Ne. Thanks for the meal. It was very delicious.” Minseok smiled back and looked at Sehun and Hayoung. He was still feeling curious about the girl. Her eyes were on him, looking at him as if she was thinking of killing him on the spot. He was about to turn around when his eyes caught something. “Suho-ssi.”

“Yes?”

“You said there’s no one in the kitchen but why there is a girl standing there, waving at me?”, Suho’s eyes widened at Minseok’s words. He quickly turn around but he couldn’t see anyone in the house.

“There’s no one. I don’t see anyone there.”, Suho said.

“Ah.. it’s okay. Maybe I was just hallucinating. You know, you hallucinate when you’re tired.”, Minseok forced a smile.

Right after the door closed, “Oh Hayoung, Oh Sehun. Stop. Right. there.”, Suho crossed his arms on his chest. His expression wasn’t happy with the two kids who were on their way to their shared room. “It’s all of you guys doings wasn’t it? the girl in the kitchen? Seriously?”, Suho sighed. Sehun turned towards the oldest but Hayoung didn’t. The doll in her arms was held tighter. “How many times have I told you not to bother our visitors like that?”

“I don’t like visitors. All they see is me bringing them bad luck. They would bad-mouth about you. Humans outside this house are all the same. Pathetic. But he seemed different isn’t he? He didn’t believe in ghosts. He wasn’t scared but just shocked. I could see it in his eyes that he believed he was just feeling weird. His aura is different from other people. The type that I never seen before.”, Hayoung’s voice echoed spookily in the house. She went into her room, leaving Sehun who looked at Suho worriedly.

 

Next Chapter

“I’m sure of it. Besides, I have him with me.”

- “Are you a teacher?”

“Sonsaeng-nim! She’s sca-scary.. No one wants to seat beside or in front of her.”

-“Oh Hayoung, number 23.”

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD

A/N: it’s a little bit long, isn’t it? lol. I just had to make that last part where Suho knew everything. He was used to it. that’s all for now. C U next timeu~