Secret of the Photos

Angel of Death

Last chapter: 

“I didn’t even ask about Hayoung. Those were just my thoughts.”, and both of them knew how clumsy Yookyung was. Sehun let go of her hands and stood up. He opened the traditional door. He turned his head a little to Yookyung. “Don’t try to read mine’s or Hayoung’s thoughts again.”, he closed the door. That night, Yookyung couldn’t sleep at all. 


22 – Secret of the Photos

            “can you two stand a little bit closer?”, the student asked. “L, stand more to the right. Widen your shoulders.”, she continued. “Naeun-ah, smile a bit more.”, she adjusted the lense. The said girl smiled more. Flashes of light occurred in the room. “done. Thanks for today. Tomorrow we’ll do for school uniforms.”, the girl looked at the photo taken. Naeun and L bowed to the people in the room and walked out.

“Can I go to your place? Mom’s not home. “, the boy spoke.

“Sure, for how long?”,

“A couple of days.”

“Well, I don’t mind.”, Naeun smiled at him. “Yookyung-ah!”, she ran to another girl who was waiting in front of the gate. “Why did you wait for me? I told you I had a photo shoot with the Photography majors.”, she linked her arms with the other. L followed along.

“It’s okay.”, Yookyung turned around seeing Hayoung. The latter’s thoughts flowed into her mind. She would have fallen back if it wasn’t for Naeun.

“Yookyung, what’s wrong?”, Naeun asked.

 

“My head hurts”, the girl replied. She looked at Hayoung who looked down.

“Where’s my brother?”, the girl’s voice almost came out as a whisper.

“I- I don’t know. I haven’t seen him all day.”, Yookyung stuttered. Naeun and L only looked at both of them weirdly.

“Hayoung-ah.”, finally Sehun came in the oh-so-right-time. “What are you doing here? Are you hurt?”, he cupped her cheeks and looked at her from head to toe. He then turned, realizing the other’s presence. He glared at Yookyung. ‘Did you read her thoughts?’, she read his mind.

“I accidentally-”, Sehun pursed his lips and took Hayoung away.

“Why is he so cold to you?”, Naeun scoffed.

“We just had a tiny problem.” Yookyung waved and ran away, leaving Naeun with questions unanswered.

----------------------------------

“Woah, you have this big photo of me?”, L touched his picture on Naeun’s wall.

“That’s the benefit of living alone. You can put anything in your house.”, the girl replied. L hugged her from behind.

“I wish we could do this at school. It’s hard to have such limits.”, he whispered into her ears.

“I know, but we can’t let them find out. Your fangirls scare me.”

“I’m sorry. Let’s just go to school.”, they went out of the apartment. L gave her a kiss on her cheek. They didn’t realize the click of a camera.

“Naeun! We have a big problem!”, Yookyung uttered. Naeun opened her locker, pile of letter fell to her feet. She saw a package so she opened it. There was a pic of her and L. a pic of him kissing her cheek. That morning. How did it spread so faast? She looked inside the package and met with a dead rat. She let out a scream.

-------------------------

Yookyung read a girl’s thoughts. ‘ I wish she’s gone.’, she walked towards the girl. “Naeun and L fit each other, right?”, she started a conversation.

“No, we L fans would never think of that.”

“Fans would want their crush to be happy.”, she received a nod. “Well, what I think is it’s better to let him choose what he wants. And his heart chose Naeun.”

“If I ask the Angel to kill Naeun, he would choose someone else.”, Yookyung was a bit glad that the girl opened up to her but Angel? No, she would not agree on that.

“That would make him sad. Worse, he might attempt suicide just to be with her.”, the girl started to cry.  She dropped her phone, Yookyung seeing the message she was about to send. It read: Please kill Son Naeun. She picked up and deleted the words. She placed her hand on the other’s shoulders. A scream interrupted them. They entered the cafeteria, seeing the other students having a food fight. Naeun was in the middle. It was a mess. “What the heck happened here?”, Yookyung uttered.

“Throw it to the monster!”, they threw the food towards Naeun.

“Stop!”, the girl shouted. Everyone was shocked including Yookyung. “The rumors weren’t true. I edited the picture because I ship them so much. Don’t you know the word OTP!?”, the girl exclaimed, her eyes closed shut, hands curling into fists. She had to lie. That was the only way for redemption. “The pic was stolen from me.”, she grabbed Naeun’s hand and shouted, “Don’t you dare touch my models”, she pulled Naeun away from the crowd.

“Sehun-ah, why are you late? You missed the fun!”, Chanyeol shouted towards Yookyung. The girl turned just to see the guy’s face. Sehin moved forward to stand beside her.

“You have spaghetti on your head.”, he pointed at Chanyeol.

----------------------------------------------

“Thanks! She is so cute!”, the girl hugged Hayoung. Minseok could only chuckle. “Sehun-ah! Move more to the right. Yookyung, lean on him.”, the girl instructed, finally letting go of Hayoung.

“How did I even get into this trouble.”, Sehun mumbled.

“Jiae-unnie, it’s embarrassing.”, Yookyung pouted.

“Aish, just do as I say.”, Jiae continued clicking the camera after letting go of Hayoung. The girl got uncomfortable so she stood near Minseok. The young man realized her stiffness and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. He could feel the other relaxed.

            The two walked out with the school uniforms. Naeun and L had gone dating. Jiae and Sungjong went to a café for their project. “Sehun-ssi, about the reading thought thing.. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to read your mind. My power is uncontrollable. I can read people’s thought without asking. It’s not like I asked for this power to come.”, the girl stopped walking. The boy also stopped, leaving Hayoung and Minseok to walk forward. “I-”, Yookyung didn’t manage to finish her words as water started pouring down on her. She was wet, really wet. They looked up but to see no one. Sehun took off his jacket he wore for the ‘photoshoot’ and put it around Yookyung.

“I heard you, alright. Let’s just talk about it tomorrow. And please try not to read my mind. You’ll find things you don’t want to know. Stop hurting yourself.”, Sehun walked away, leaving her. Sehun’s last words lingered around Yookyung’s mind. Yookyung thought that it was starting to rain. However, the rain she thought was the rain in herself. Teardrops.

-------------------------------------------

“do you want to go to an amusement park?”

- The sound of an angel dragging a beauty.

“Who is he to her?”

-“You should go back home quickly, son.”

Next Chapter: The Boy Who Was 'Trapped'