Her Power

Angel of Death

Last chapter

Suho opened his eyes. It felt like a dream that he met the man. He heard the doorbell, so he opened it, revealing Minseok. What shocked him wasn’t the man but the girl he was carrying. It was her one and only sister. The man held the girl protectively. His breath stuck in his throat as he stared at the girl who he himself wasn’t sure if she was breathing or not.


Chapter 19

     Sehun opened the door of his room, revealing Minseok. His reflex quickly came and he tried to close the door but Minseok pushed the door. “Sehun-ah, let me in.”, the elder requested.

“No.”

“Why?”

“You should just go to school!”

“What about you?”

“I’m in college.”

“You need to go early too!”, with that, Sehun let out a groan and back off from the door. Minseok came in falling to the ground flat on his stomach.

“Hyung, why are you lying on the floor?”, Suho who came upstairs after hearing their voices asked, glaring at Sehun afterwards. Minseok quickly got up and thanked Sehun for letting him in. he walked towards Hayoung. He placed his hand on top of her forehead and the other hand on his forehead. Sehun, who saw that lovey-dovey moment tried to kick him but failed to do so as Suho head-locked him. Hayoung opened her eyes. She suddenly felt cold on her forehead. Seeing Minseok and his hand was the source of the coldness, she closed her eyes again. The other two stared at the girl. There was a moment of silence, not even a movement. Sehun’s eyes widened. Hayoung never really let someone else touch her except the people who live in that house. And now, she was letting Minseok, the guy from next door. NEXT DOOR to touch her. Hayoung felt safe with him.

“Rest well, Hayoung-ah. Don’t walk outside okay? I’ll have Luhan to take care of you.”, he planted a kiss on her forehead. Sehun kicked the air, Suho pulling him back. The blonde cursed under his breath, earning a smack on the head from the elder. Minseok turned, and immediately suho threw his arm around Sehun’s shoulder. Minseok wondered why the two have so much bromance in the morning. Sehun was forced to go along with Minseok.

The elder walked a littleto the front while Sehun was like a disobedient child, sulking. “Sehun-ah, have you ever seen Hayoung’s smile?”, Minseok started the conversation. There’s a tint of sadness in his tone. Receiving no answer, he stopped walking and turned around. That made the other stopped to meet his gaze.

“Why do you want to know? It is none of your business whether she smile or not.”, Sehun continued walking and the elder did the same when Sehun reached him. they were walking side by side.

“Don’t you want to see her smile?”, that question struck Sehun. Of course he wanted to see his younger sister’s smile. He placed his hands in his pockets.

“If she stops what she’s doing, she would have smiled.”, Sehun replied. The other tilted his head, not quite understanding what Sehun meant.

“So why didn’t she stop?”, he asked.

“Because she hasn’t found the person who was the reason she did those things.”, Sehun turned to the path of his college, leaving Minseok getting curious of their past.

 

Luhan’s scream echoed in the house. It was only for a few minutes after he stepped into that damn house. It was a haunted house for him, no, worse than the ones in the amusement parks. “Please stop! Why can’t anyone else see you!? Why must it be me!?”, Luhan flailed his arms around in panic. He had been running ever since he entered Hayoung’s room. He accidentally fell to the floor with a loud thud. He was about to stand up and run but he couldn’t. There was a grip on his right ankle. He turned around, meeting a girl’s gaze. Her eyes were pitch black, pale face and hands crawling towards his face. Luhan held his breath. Her face and his were inches apart. He looked at her black eyes and realized they were empty sockets. Her eyes weren’t there. Maggots crawled out of her sockets. He let out a scream and the girl vanished. All was left was Hayoung squatting beside him. “Hayoung!”, he quickly hugged the girl, making her fell down along with him. Luhan was desperate. He was scared. He almost peed in his pants. Luhan got to admit that it was one of the reasons girls were not interested in him. He was a coward. “Protect me! Aghost is following me!”, his voice cracked. Hayoung was shocked by his actions, stayed still. Luhan looked into her eyes and his doe-like eyes widened. “It was you..”, he backed off. “I should have known.”,

Hayoung stood up. “I’m going out.”, she spoke.

“N-No!”, Luhan objected. He gripped her forearm and dragged her into her bedroom. Sure, he was terribly afraid. He held her by her shoulders after she laid down on the bed. He started seeing things again. Hands started appearing and touching him. he frowned a bit and squeezes Hayoung’s shoulders. “Stop it. Hayoung.”, he blurted. He closed his eyes tightly.

“It’s no use. I can still control your imagination.”, he heard the other’s whisper. His eyes shot open and he saw the ghost. Right in front of his face.

“I get it.”, he muttered as the ghost disappeared. “Your power.”, he let go of her shoulders. This time, Hayoung’s eyes were the ones that widened.


‘Stupid. If you run away, I’ll find you.’

-“I need to go somewhere and I can’t seem to find any taxi.”

“Looks like we’ll be meeting a lot other than at work”

- His eyes were looking straight at hers but he didn’t see her.

“Don’t look if it hurts you.”

next chapter : Her Illusion's Weakness