Nightmare of the Past

Angel of Death

Last Episode:

The screams slowly disappeared. He stared at the name on the door. It read: EXP 47 Xiumin.


Episode 30

              “We’re here now. You can play in the water while I set things up.”, the teacher spoke. The children quickly went into the water, screaming with joy. Hayoung took a deep breath and smiled. She loved that place. A fountain in the middle of the forest. Nature.

Sehun came and held her hand. “Nice, isn’t it?”, the girl nodded as an answer. “Sungjong-hyung!”, Sehun called and a brunette boy came running.

“Yes? Let’s go swimming!”, the brunette threw his arm around Hayoung’s shoulders and pecked her cheek.

The girl blushed and Sehun growled, “Don’t do that!”, he exclaimed.

“Do what? I love her so I peck her cheek. You love me too, right?”, Sungjong asked Hayoung and a nod was the answer. He stuck his tongue out at Sehun. They were having fun swimming and eating in the next hour. Hayoung finished eating and looked at Sungjong she saw the boy chasing a butterfly. She followed him quietly and Sehun tagged along. When she turned at a tree, the boy was gone. There were only stains of blood that was left.

              “Hayoung!”, Sehun shouted, shaking the girl harder. The girl opened her eyes. “You okay? You were sweating.”, he asked. Hayoung nodded and went into the bathroom.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hayoung stood on the rooftop. She kept thinking about her dream all day long. It was a piece of her memory. She was sure of it. “Looks like something is bothering you.”, a familiar boy appeared. She ignored him being beside her. His hand reached for hers. “Still the same warm hand.”, he muttered. The girl pried off his hand from her. “It’s nice to hold your hand again after I saved you from the janitor’s room.”, he smiled. Hayoung remembered that hand.

Minseok climbed the stairs. When he was about to open the door, someone did it first. He remembered seeing that guy. The student just smiled and walked past him. “Don’t get too close to her.”, that whisper sent shivers down his spine. Minseok shrugged it off.

He stood beside Hayoung, looking down. “Is something bothering you?”, he asked. The girl just shook her head.  She went to the stairs but Minseok held her back.

“It’s none of your business.”, she mumbled and snatched her hand away.

----------------------------------------------------------

Minseok entered the reading room, seeing Suho. The man had his head on the table. The laptop in front of him was left opened. Minseok put a blanket around the younger and was about to leave him when he heard, “Xiumin..”, with that, he turned to Suho. Minseok mumbled to himself, telling his heart that he must have misheard him. However, his body moved to sit down beside the sleeping guy.

{FLASHBACK}

“Father! Father! Please! I don’t want to go in there!”, the 11 year old boy tugged on his father’s sleeve. The old man still dragged him into an unknown room. The little boy could see needles, scalpels, unknown liquids. A man entered and smiled at him. He gave the boy a candy to calm him down. He touched the boy’s cheek and scanned him all around with his eyes. The man walked up to his father. They then left him alone. The man came back with a few people in white. Suddenly, he felt sleepy and everything went black. He woke up and looked around. There were two ladies in white. Looking at them putting their guards down, the boy ran away. He escaped from the room, an alarm sound echoed in the hallways. He was grabbed by the hand and pulled back to his room. He screamed. He struggled. His hand felt a little cold and somehow ice came out and freeze the lady who was holding him. He ran. Ran. Ran. The frost spread along the hallways as a sign of his footsteps. He looked to the front, seeing a little boy with widened eyes. He bumped himself into him. The frost became weaker. He felt a very tiny warmth despite the coldness. “Stop there!”, the security guard coming fast towards them. The boy quickly took his hand into his own, pulling the other to run. They ran and ran. Only stopping after they reach the rooftop. They hid themselves there.

“You can’t run away from this building. No matter how hard you try.”, the little boy panted. “I’m Joonmyeon. You?”, he smiled. Silence. Joonmyeon tilted his head slightly to the side, still waiting for the other to answer.

“Xiumin..”

{END OF FLASHBACK}

 

                Minseok snapped back into reality as he heard a noise that also woke up Suho. They rushed out of the house and saw the crowd. Minseok had a bad feeling about it. A car crashed into his neighbor’s gate. He recognized that car. He pushed himself through the crowd and stared at the car in shock. “Luhannie!”, he shouted and hurried over to him. There was a girl beside him. A short haired girl with fluffy cheeks. Both of them were bleeding.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hayoung peeked at her victim for the night. Park Sora had her guard down. She walked along the silent alley and stepped into a dark room. The black haired girl took the chance to pull out her sword. Creating an illusion to her, Sora only saw confetti being thrown at her. She felt like she was in a party. She turned 180° and met a pair of fiery eyes. Eyes filled with vengeance. A hand covered and a pain was felt on her stomach. Her scream was totally muffled. The sword left her skin and another part of her body. Tears rose and her boy fell to the floor. Hayoung stared down to the lifeless girl. She let out a soft sigh, closing her eyes.

“Why are you doing this?”, her eyes snapped open and she automatically looked around.

“Why won’t you stop?”, the male’s voice came again. Hayoung’s hold on the sword tighten.

“What is your purpose on starting this crazy thing?”, the girl didn’t answer any of his questions. She listened carefully to her surroundings. It was dark to see anything. Just the moonlight coming from the window.

“You used to smile so much, Hayoung-ah.”, she heard footsteps. She wanted to strike the man but she restrained herself, gripping her sword with more force. There, beside the window, Hayoung could see his silhouette but she knew the guy was staring at her.

“Hayoung-ah.”, the girl looked down, breaking their eye contact. Silence filled the room.

“Hayoung-ah.”

“Don’t say my name!”


“No, this isn’t real.”

“I don’t want to. I wanna be with you.”

"There are some times you don’t have to know the truth. We, humans live in a life filled with lies.”

"For people like us, a winner is decided when one of us dies."

Next Episode: Oh Seungjun

 


A/N: I'm sorry for not updating so long. I've been so busy. ;-; please forgive me.