"Do You Love Us?"

Angel of Death

Last Episode:

“And your mission was...”

“To kill you.”


Episode 33

Suho groaned. He held his head, closing his eyes tightly. Minseok’s words were so hard for Suho to digest. He was already left alone and he knew he couldn’t make such drastic movements. He wished that they had never met Minseok. How he was devastated by it. Suho emitted a heavy sigh, knowing that Hayoung and Sehun could be killed at any moment. Every second that they spend with Minseok will risk their lives.

“I’ll drive you guys to school.” Suho exclaimed. Hayoung insisted on walking by herself but Suho dragged her to his car. “From now on, I’ll be sending and picking you up from school.” he nodded to himself. He glanced at Minseok who didn’t seem to care about the changes. The latter just smiled at him like always. Hayoung and Sehun eventually followed Suho’s orders. They ride the car along with Minseok. As they arrive at Hayoung’s school, Suho managed to whisper “Don’t do anything to her.” to Minseok. His heart could never be at ease anymore.

“You were waiting? Sorry.”, Minseok threw a smile at the girl. Slowly taking her hand into his, they walked side by side. Suddenly, their attached hands parted.

“I’m here, okay? No lovey dovey moments in front of me.”, Sehun glared at the elder man. He pushed the other away and held Hayoung in his arms. “Don’t you dare touch her.”

“I’ll be fine.”, the girl replied and walked in the middle of the men. “Suho-oppa said he will be late tonight so he asked us to cook dinner for ourselves. I want to buy some groceries.”, hearing that, Sehun quickly linked his arm with hers, not wanting the elder man to do it first. He literally pulled her with him to the grocery store. They got some vegetables, chicken and somehow, they bought pasta. Sehun was holding hands with his sister when the girl suddenly stopped. His smile faded away when he sees what Hayoung did. Suho, smiling faintly at an elder man.

Hayoung went forward but her brother pulled her back. “No, Hayoung no. It’s not the time. Suho-hyung must have an explanation.”, he wrapped his arms around the other from the back, resting his chin on her shoulder. “Let’s just go back home.”, he whispered.

Minseok just watched those two and the other two men in the restaurant. He knew Suho was forced to be there. He smiled, “That’s right. Let’s go home. Suho is busy. We shouldn’t bother him.” He pulled the two towards their house with him ending up to cook dinner. Hayoung was silent all along. When Suho went back, Hayoung was waiting for him in his room. The others are in their own rooms. Sehun wanted to be with Hayoung but the girl insist on him being in his room. Suho almost cursed as he sees Hayoung on his bed. “Hayoung-ah, you shocked me. Tie your hair next time, mm?”, he smiled and removed his coat. The girl stayed silent, making the other knew something was wrong. The other changed his clothes and walked towards his younger sister. “What’s wrong? Something’s bothering you? At school?”, he sat down on the edge of the bed. His hand slowly reached hers, pulling it onto his lap. “What’s wrong, little girl? Wanna talk about it with your brother?”, his thumb caressed the other’s palm gently.

“Do you..love us?”, those words that came out from her lips made his heart skipped a beat. He knew something was really wrong. He flashed a faint smile and squeezed her hand.

“What kind of question is that? Of course I love you and Sehun.”, he looked down at the hand he was holding, how that hand slowly pulled away.

“What were you doing with that old man?”, he knew clearly who she meant. Suho cursed in his mind.

“Hayoung..” Suho’s heart broke into pieces as his eyes meet Hayoung’s watery ones. His words were left in his throat.

“I love you. You know that. Don’t get attached to him. Please.”, her breath hitched. Hayoung’s eyes couldn’t hold the weight of her tears. “Or I won’t have the heart to kill him anymore. He’ll win again in this war. Were you planning another trick on us? You two want to break us? By making us love you after you adopted us? By earning our trust? Are you going to give us back to him? Will you let him take everything from us again? ”, her voice became louder along with her sobs. “Don’t make me hate you-”

Suho had already wrapped his arms around the girl. His chest felt heavy. How fragile she was in his eyes. He lightly kissed her shoulder. “No. No. I won’t. I will never give you two to him. I love you. I love you.”,he continued to say those three words, Hayoung’s cry became louder. He knew that girl’s heart was breaking. He knew she trusted him. He knew she loved him. He knew that he was a family to her.

That morning, Sehun’s panicked voice echoed in the house. Hayoung’s name was mentioned bunches of times. “Hyung! Hayoung is go-”, Sehun’s voice stopped creating sound pollution as he sees the girl sleeping beside Suho.

“Shouting the first thing in the morning.”, Suho pursed his lips. “She slept with me last night. And you, sleeping so soundly without knowing she didn’t went to bed in her own room.”, he stuck out his tongue at the younger. He chuckled at Sehun’s whine. The younger sat at the edge of the bed, huffing.

Sehun smiled. “At least I didn’t go out to the street shouting her name.”, he ruffled his own hair. Silence filled the air for a while. Sehun turned his body slightly, facing the elder who has his back leaned against the head of the bed and Hayoung who was still sleeping beside him while hugging his waist. “Hyung.”, his voice came out clearly yet so soft. He received a hum and a smile from the elder. “Thank you. For being with us. For treating us like a family. Thank you for loving Hayoung even though you know who she really is.”

Suho didn’t blink a bit as he hears Sehun’s words. He could feel his eyes becoming teary. “Come here, you.”, he pinched the younger’s cheek and pulled him closer. Hayoung’s eyes fluttered open and Sehun quickly pecked her forehead. “Morning, girl.”, Suho smiled. The other replied by hugging his waist tighter and making Sehun whine again. “Jealous much.”, Suho laughed and helped Hayoung to sit on the bed, pulling her close to his chest. He pecked the top of her head.

“Hyunggggg”, Sehun whined. Hayoung smiled slightly and joined in the teasing. She snuggled closer to her eldest brother, watching the victim’s reactions. “No no no. You two cannot have this sibling romance without me.”, Sehun growled and threw himself towards Suho, making him groan in pain at the weight. Suho laughed as Sehun and Hayoung were on each of his side, hugging his torso. He pecked Sehun’s head and wrapped an arm over his shoulders.

At the door, Minseok stood still. He stared at the happiness of the siblings. How peaceful it was but his heart wasn’t at peace. He let out a sigh. “Guys, breakfast is ready! Come and-”, Minseok’s eyes widened at Luhan’s voice. He looked at him and met that widened doe eyes. He knew that the other guy had already captured what was on his mind. Luhan swore that was the first time Minseok ever gave a very deadly serious face to him.


 

“Don’t make me feel guilty.”

“Please..stop. stop!”

“I don’t mind it if you’re the angel.”

“I really like you, Oh Hayoung."

Next Episode : The Known Truth