Countryside Journey

Angel of Death

Last chapter

     What was that feeling? Hayoung couldn’t explain. It was like a big lump in her heart. She gripped the curtain tightly, the other hand clutching on her chest. What was that feeling she couldn’t explain? She had never felt that before. She bit her lower lip. A hand covered her eyes. “Don’t look if it hurts you.”, she heard a voice and the lights were . Sehun hugged her. "I know your feelings for him."


Chapter 21

            “No, Yookyung no!”, Naeun shouted. The girl pulled the other. “Just a bit lower.”, Yookyung stretched out her arm to reach for her hair clip. She accidentally dropped her hair clip and it fell on the roof beneath her. She decided to cross over the edge of the balcony. She held the metal bars and stretched. Her hand grabbed the hairclip but she couldn’t feel the bars in her hand. She only could feel air. “Yookyung-ah!”, a scream was heard. She fell on the roof and rolled uncontrollably, falling down again.

She closed her eyes shut but she felt the wind slowed down. She opened her eyes and she felt like she was floating for a mere second. Then, she felt arms around her. She looked up and saw the face of her savior. “How clumsy you are.”, he spoke. ‘I should have let her fall and break her bones.’ , she read his thought. She quickly got off his not- so- bridal style ride.

“Thank you.”, she bowed slightly. She stared at the back of the guy who walked away from her. Oh how she wanted to kick him. instead, she wondered why. It felt so breezy before he catches her. It felt like time had stopped at that moment.  Of course, falling makes you feel the wind but there’s something different. It felt like she was floating right before she was in his arms. But why couldn’t she find it in his thought?

            “Yookyung-ah! Ice Prince is waiting for you!”, a classmate of the girl cooed. She quickly remembered her promise with the prince. She packed her bags and hugged her books. She slid the door opened, seeing the prince’s figure outside.

“Sorry to keep you waiting.”, she said, her cheeks becoming red when she remembered her ‘falling incident’.

“Let’s go.”, he put his hands in his pockets. They walked side by side along the corridor, receiving a lot of stares. “Isn’t it great to have another person from a different major to work with? Dancing and music. We’re going to meet the people from the countryside~”, Yookyung cheered but got no response from the other.

----------------------------------------

           

“Are we going to the correct direction?”, Sehun asked. They had been to a few villages but at that moment, there wasn’t a village to be seen. Just trees.

“The map says we need to hike a bit.”

“We’ve been hiking for quite an hour.”, Sehun blew his bangs.

“Maybe we should hike more and-”, Yookyung cut off her words with a squeal. Sehun’s eyes widened. He hurriedly went to the girl’s side.

“How clumsy can you get?”, he mocked.

Yookyung had fallen down, her hair was a mess. “Ouch! Don’t help me! It hurts!”, the girl cried. She held onto her ankle, wincing in pain. Sehun wrapped Yookyung’s arms around his neck and pulled her onto his back.

             “You have to be kidding me! The sun is going down!” Yookyung exclaimed. “Sehun-ahh!! That bird id trying to eat my head!” Yookyung gripped onto his shoulders.

“Would you just shut up? It’s getting dark and your voice will let the predators know we’re here.”, that made yookyung hugged his head. “And can you let go? I can’t see.”,

“But I’m scared.”, she wrapped her arms around his neck again. The rain started to pour down.

“Oh great.”, Sehun muttered. They were shocked. Yookyung stopped talking and all of the rain made their backpacks wet too. “I saw light.”, Sehun walked faster. They couldn’t believe it. they arrived at avillage.

            “Why, hello youngsters. What brings you here in the middle of the night?”, a woman asked.

“We were on a project but we got lost.”, Sehun answered.

“Come in.”

---------------------------------------

“Remind me why do I have to share a room with you?”, Yookyung asked.

“Grandma said that she only has one room. This room is her daughter’s. “, the other spoke. He took off his jacket. “Aish, my shirt is wet too. “, his eyes averted to Yookyung’s.

“No, I’m not staring at you!”, Yookyung backed off, slipping again. Sehun who tried to catch her ended up on top of her. Their eyes widened. Sehun’s eyes calmed down.

“Since we’re in this position where you’re trapped, I wanted to ask you a question.”, he spoke. The girl tried to push away the boy but failed. He pinned the girl’s ahnds to the floor, making her experience pain again. She looked up. The gaze of a cold young boy was killing her. Water dripping from his bangs. Damn, it was y. “You can read thoughts right?”, Yookyung’s eyes widened.

“No. it was just a coincidence that I knew Hayoung’s name.”

“I didn’t even ask about Hayoung. Those were just my thoughts.”, and both of them knew how clumsy Yookyung was. Sehun let go of her hands and stood up. He opened the traditional door. He turned his head a little to Yookyung. “Don’t try to read mine’s or Hayoung’s thoughts again.”, he closed the door. That night, Yookyung couldn’t sleep at all.

            They packed their bags after two days. Their soaked clothes had been washed and dried. Sehun looked through his phone when they were out of the forest. There were 21 missed calls, 33 voicemails from Suho and a message. He opened the message from Hayoung. It read: You are so dead.

Yes, Sehun was so dead when he went back home.

---------------------------------------

“can you two stand a little bit closer?”

-“Where’s my brother?”

“I wish we could do this at school. It’s hard to have such limits.”

- “Stop hurting yourself.”

Next chapter : Secret of the Photos