Getting to Know Her Prey

Angel of Death

Last chapter

Watching them walk away and into their house, Hayoung stared at the already closed door of her neighbour’s house. “He’s my prey that hides behind my weakness.”, Hayoung whispered.

 

Chapter 15

     Suho went out of the interview room. He was trying to find a new job. A job that can make more money. Not a part-time. He spent his time walking around, trying to find a job as Plan B if he got rejected again. Not that his grade were awful, it was flying colours but Suho didn’t caught people’s attention.

“Aww.. seonsaeng-nim, you’re leaving to find another job?”, that was what his students said to him.

“I’m not leaving to town. I only searched for a job.” he answered.

And now, he got a job. He had been accepted into a Chemical Company. The company was called SHco. He went home wanting to cook dinner. He saw Minseok getting home with his beloved siblings. “Sehun-ah, did you had a great time?” , he asked when the three stopped in front of him.

“Yeah, seems like someone had a great time himself.” The other mocked.

Suho ignored Sehun and ruffled Hayoung’s hair. “Minseok-hyung, do you want to join us for dinner?”, Suho boldly asked, earning a glare from Sehun.

“No, thanks. I have a date. You can ask Luhan if you want.”, he smiled.

“Oh, sure. Ask him for me, eo? Dinner will be ready soon.”, he patted the elder’s shoulder.

Minseok went into his house and three could hear Luhan’s “NOOOO~~” as if he was reluctant.

“O…kay… Let’s go in kids.”, Suho pushed the two into the house.

 

----------------------------------

A knock on the door. Sehun opened it, revealing Minseok and Luhan. The latter was hiding behind. “Here. I’ll give Luhan as my replacement.”, Minseok pushed Luhan forward but the blonde ran back to him. “Aigoo.. Lulu, you can’t do this. I need to go somewhere. I can’t turn Suho down.”, Minseok persuaded.

“No! I’ll just starve. Just please….”, Luhan shook Minseok’s arm. He glanced at Sehun. ‘What’s wrong with him? it’s not like we want to kill him.’ , he read Sehun’s thoughts.

Sehun, seeing Minseok in trouble. He didn’t know what had got into him that night but he pulled Luhan towards him. Both of them were shocked, including himself. “There. I’ll go now. have fun with Sehun and Hayoung, okay?”, Minseok walked away.

“No. No! Baozi, you can’t do this to me!”, Luhan wanted to run after the other but Sehun held him back by the arm.

“You should let him go once in a while. He’s not your husband.”, Sehun spoke up. Luhan looked at him, his big doe-eyes widened. He was being pulled by the younger. His gaze went upstairs and saw the girl he didn’t want to see the most. She was walking downstairs like a young cold mistress in shoujo mangas. His breath was stuck in his throat once again. Hayoung’s eyes finally met his, sending shivers down his spine.

“Ah, you three! I’ve got some problem and I need to go out. Dinner’s on table. Enjoy it, okay?”, Suho pecked Hayoung’s cheek, patted Sehun’s head and bowed to Luhan before going out.

--------------------------------

The three enjoyed their dinner silently. Luhan went out of the restroom. If only Suho didn’t ask him to stay, he would have run away immediately after dinner. The surrounding was dark. ‘You can go home.’ , he read a thought. His eyes fixed on the source of the voice. Hands trembling, legs shaking. He stepped back. The other stepped forward. Luhan’s legs gave up, falling down to the floor. He was scared like a dog after it got hit. He slid backwards until his back hit the wall. The girl bend her knees, the blonde shut her eyes. “I won’t kill you if you keep your mouth shut about it.”, her eerie voice sent shivers down his spine. Luhan opened his eyes meeting Hayoung’s gaze. The latter lifted up her hand, showing a Rubik’s Cube, Luhan’s favourite type of puzzle game. “Here. Kim-seonsaengnim said you love this.”, she handed him the colorful cube.

“Hayoung-ah! Neon eodiya?”, Sehun cooed. Upon hearing that, Hayoung left Luhan alone in the dark. “Where’s that.. other guy?”, her brother asked.

“He’s upstairs, in the restroom.”

“You gave him a fright again, didn’t you? He might die if you continue doing it.”

“I don’t. I’ve never seen someone so frightened like that. I must had given him a trauma.”, Hayoung spoke. She didn’t know what she felt, but maybe it was a tint of guilty? “I’m off to somewhere.”, she took out her sword and went away, wearing a black poncho. Luhan, who came downstairs read Sehun’s thoughts, ‘She’s off to feed her sword again. When will this stop, Hayoung-ah. I’ll find him for you.’

Luhan felt curious about the ‘him’ in Sehun’s thoughts. “What made her like that?”, he asked, earning a glare from the younger.

---------------------------------

A boy with ravern-coloured walked out of the arcade. He went into a café and sat down with a girl. “Hey, Yookyung. Why did you want to meet me?”, he asked.

“Nothing. I just want to see you.”, it was rare for her to say that. Yookyung wasn’t herself.

“Okay. So what’s up? Wanna hangout at my house?”, the boy smiled sheepishly.

“Sure. Let’s have fun there.”, they went out of the café together.

A few minutes later, a girl went in. “Miss, have you seen a boy? He has piercings and raven-coloured hair.”, she asked.

“But miss, I saw him walking out with you.”, the girl almost freaked out when the waitress said that. She was too late.

She ran off outside. She dialed his number. “Pick up, Taeil. Pick up.”, Yookyung muttered.

 At Taeil’s house, the boy had his arm around the not-so-Yookyung’s shoulders. Yookyung suddenly sat on top of Taeil’s lap, making him nervous. She leaned in and smirked. “I bought something, you know.”, the girl said giving him a sweet smile.

She took out a sword. “A sword? Why would you buy that?”, the boy asked.

“Let me show you.”, the other stood up and showed her sword skills. “I used it to kill people.”, with that, she stabbed him in the chest until the sword went through his ribcage. Blood splashed towards her. Droplets of blood were on her face. And then. Finally could see Yookyung’s true self. It changed from a delicate face into a grudge one. Eyes filled with darkness. She pulled back the sword harshly, making the blood burst out of his chest.

It was raining. Hayoung wore her poncho back, looking at Taeil’s dead body. She walked out and stopped in front of a restaurant. She stared at the girl whow as reading a text on her phone and cried. Hayoung was about to go when she saw someone she recognized. Her eyes fixed on him as he ruffled another girl’s head. They were like a happy couple. She then remembered his words,

“No, thanks. I have a date. You can ask Luhan if you want.”

So, that girl was his date. Rain fell like cats and dogs. She didn’t know why her feet didn’t want to move. Minseok pinched the girl’s cheek, laughing. They even fed each other. Hayoung finally decided to walk away. Her footsteps became silent in the rain. Getting home, Sehun asked her why she was soaking wet. She didn’t answer until while she was drying her hair, she finally turned to Sehun. “Where’s the blonde?”, she asked.

Sehun sighed and answered. “He’s in the guest room. He got a headache.”, Hayoung walked into the guest room and saw Luhan breathing steadily in his sleep. She never saw him like that. He was always breathing heavily or not breathing at all when he meets her. “Sleep well.”, she closed the door. She was thinking how to take her price tomorrow.


“Mwo? Will I still be Professor’s fav?”

- “Alright, we have a new member in our class.”

“ Prof, let her show us what she got.”

-“It’s your fault for glancing at me.”

“I wanted her to fall.”

next episode: Black Swan’s Broken Legs