Happiness Against Joy

The Alpha Wolf

Seong-Im P.O.V

My name is Seong-Im, the only female wolf in the Anarchy Soul pack. I don’t need to tell you about my pack on whom and what we are or anything that were involved in.   I don’t care a damn on what people around would think of us. We only care for the truth and the justice within it.

In the past few years, I search in the state for my lost brother. That I needed to leave my only family (Wystah Coven and Anarchy Soul pack) I have. It breaks my heart to be far from them. The only family I had since my old pack was brutally murdered along with my parents, and my friends.

But I had my revenge for them. And I’m glad I meet someone like Hero Cyneric, the Alpha of Anarchy Soul pack and one of the elders in Wystan Coven, the son of Ambrose Cyneric of Wystan Coven, one of the oldest vampire alive and the head of Wystan Coven. Alpha Hero helped me to take revenge for my old pack and executed it well.

When I’m on search for him (my brother), a year ago I stumble across the Leon Stark pack. One of the pack here in South, and I accidentally come across them and met their Alpha. 

Alpha Gary of Leon Stark pack and apparently their Alpha is also my mate. I didn’t expect to found him when I’m searching for my brother. But meeting your mate for the first time, it gives butterfly from my stomach.  Like love at first sight, the first time you will see the one that you long for the very first time, every part of your body spark and lighten up. And you’ll think everything would fall into place when you’re with a mate. And they know me as Ji-Hyo, my alias.

Everything that I know for a mate, that would love and cherish you for who or what you are. Love you endlessly, respect and loyal to you. Understand you and give you his everything. Stay at your side and assure you that everything will be ok. That was I thought.

Like I said, I met Alpha Gary a year ago. He was glad too, that he found his mate. We loved each other. We were happy but not in joy. Like the word “Happy” it’s just for a brief moment, and unlike “Joy”, a long term feeling. The happiness we shared didn’t last for long.

His family, didn’t like the idea of me being his mate, a Human. They thought of me as a mere Human. But they are wrong. I was never been a human. I’m a female werewolf. But they don’t know that. Why?

Because I mixed my wolf scent to a normal human scent, all thanks to Alpha Hero. He help me do that and chase a spell lacking the scent of wolf inside and only the human scent will only be smell if I stumble towards some wolf in the future. And his only the only one can let my wolf loosed. It will only take one bite.  

They expect him to be someone that is strong for the title Alpha, with so much expectation for him that he gave up on us. He gave up our relationship. Even though he already bite the nap of my neck, marking me as his yet he didn’t fully finish marking me.

Then she came, her name is Jessica. The daughter of the former packs Beta and also Gary’s childhood sweetheart. She’s much stronger, faster and has leadership skills. And me as a Human, they didn’t think high of me, that I’m exactly the opposite of her.

It hurts every time that I would saw them together, talking, laughing and teasing one another. So much pain I would feel, like someone stab me in the heart.

For a year I felt this. And every time that would happen, I ended up crying. I shed a river of tears because of it. Having your mate so close yet so far to reach, it pains you. Day after day, I would experience the same thing.

Opening my eyes everyday with burden, pain, sorrow and betrayed and closing my eyes with it, I prayed and whish that it’s all a nightmare.

And somehow I know that Hero is searching for me. I know that. For a year that I didn’t have any communication with him it will worry him. I know he would do something like that and our packs Beta’s Top and Hyun Joong will be too. Yet I don’t want him or Top and Hyun Joong or any of them finding me. I don’t want them to see me like this. It will crash my heart if any of them see my current status. And I don’t want that to happen and most especially I don’t want them to see Seong-Im that is broken inside.

I don’t care what the pack thinks of me. Some of them don’t like me but some of the wolf sympathies for me and because of that sympathy I don’t want them to suffer the wrath of Hero. If he’d know they treated me like this he will snap and kill the people who made me in pain.

But back then, I won’t even care about the killing. Like for instants, we killed many of our kind, the werewolf kind. The pack that brutally murdered every single wolf of my precious pack, rogues that Hero really despites. He hates them to the extent that we hunt for rogues in the forest. Killing every rogues that we encounter. And that also applies in the vampires. Many of the vampires fall and died because of us. Like what happen 5 to 6 years ago.

When vampires attack the Raven Coven, Hero was outrage because of them, not only him but us too. The Raven Coven is like a family to us. Rage took us and killed all the vampires that attack the coven.

No werewolf or even vampires can stop us. They tried and failed. They died.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hero (Jaejoong) P.O.V

Slowly opening my eyes again and see the familiar ceiling, the white walls, and the smell of anesthetics of the room. I look around and saw the exact scenery when I first woke up. Annoyed about it, I tried to sit on the bed. I rub the back of my head, geez why those it always happen. I truly hate it.

I remembered walking down the stairs and stopping at the middle of it. And saw them looking at me with worries from their faces. Then I felt my back in pain then I was unconsciousness again. So annoying, it . I know. Every time that I’m really low in blood or not enough blood running through my veins, that will happen.

And it happens anonymously like the past 5 years. It started when Father chase the spell and lock Hero in the shadows that when I made serious offense like hunting rogues for fun and got hurt badly for it, that would ended up with me being unconsciousness and when I’m waken up, I would wonder around the castle and collapsing again. That happens twice already. I want to explore. Hahahaha.

I tried standing up but was caught by a hand. When I look at the owner of the hand, I saw a pair of beautiful eyes that I ever laid my eyes on, and that very owner is none other than my MATE. Holding me pretty tight. ! As I gaze at his eyes, I can see worries that turn to happiness that turns to LUST. ! And his eyes are changing colors, ready to bite me any minute now, marking me as his rightful mate. ! I’m in BIG trouble. And that I don’t want him to mark me, just that, if he do really it and surely my inner wolf would be in so much joy and myself for that and would really trigger Hero off.

He will break another barrier and would act aggressively towards our mate. And I don’t what will happen next to that, I don’t want to think any of that. And he, being very close to me, the more Hero would surfaces and I don’t need another chaotic scene to happen.

Gathering all the courage I had left and not letting myself give in to his intense body composure towards me. And staying as blank my expression is.

Hero: “What? Let go!”

Yunho: “Idiot, what do you think you’re doing? Hah! Lay down!”

He force me sit down but I stay firm. As I struggle to keep myself glue to the ground and battling with his strength. Well damn, my mate is strong, I like it. But right now I don’t need it. If I give in, let him do anything that he wants, and then will ending up on the bed. Where he would lay me down that will turn out as him on top of me. No, no I don’t want that.

I truly wish that his warm hand will stay on me forever yet I tried to free myself and he only tighten his grip on my. Oh! Boy. Then I felt his hurting inside that somehow I rejected his touch. What did I put myself into?

Apparently he is also an Alpha wolf that would be mean, his more possessive than any other wolf towards his mate. Lucky me! And I would be like him. I’m also an Alpha yet I can control my inner wolf so not so much a problem to me. We keep on struggling until the door flew open. We did not pay any attention to that person.

 “Oh!”

His voice distract me, I glance at the door and see Jong Suk, my vampire friend. His a close friend of mine and also to my father, and a member of Wystan Coven until he left to hide from his mate and until now his still hiding from his mate. It’s been 100 years since the two last saw each other and Jong Suk is still mad at him for what he had done. His mate is paying for his debt. His debt meaning he has to suffer the consequence of his actions and losing someone he love, his mate. Jong Suk.

Yet Jong Suk also suffered from the break up.

And I saw his sufferings from the day Ambrose, my father took me in. I saw him suffer for the fact that he can’t be with his mate. A decade ago. Jong Suk decided to explore the new world. My father wouldn’t allow Jong Suk to left the coven and feared for his sake but I pursue my father and eventually, my father and I let Jong Suk go for the meantime until his ready to go back with us. He would visit us or call us. Just having small talks of what had happen or his experience to the new world. And we last spoken like a few months ago. And said that his currently the Doctor of a pack. I didn’t catch the name of it. And I didn’t think that I would see him here. It is really a blessing in the heaven.

 Jong Suk: “Good, you’re fighting one another already.”

Hero: “Have you been well?” And sweetly smile

Jong Suk: “It’s been a while, Jaejoong.”

He felt Yunho let me go and I look at them, his hurt and in pain somehow. What did I do?

Jong Suk: “But Jaejoong, you can’t just walk around like that. Common sit on the bed.”

Hero: “Ok.”

As a good patient I’m I sat down on the bed just like what Jong Suk wanted me to do.

Jong Suk: “Is there something wrong here? Mmm, why did the two of you fight about?”

Hero: ! I can’t tell him, not now. “Fight? When?”

Yunho: “Nothing Doctor. Just your patient here is trying to escape me…. I mean here again.”

I blankly look at him. Really, you had to say that.

Jong Suk: “Really?”

I saw how Jong Suk smirk it only mean one thing. He doesn’t believe it. ! I need to explain him everything now. Nice one Yunho. I look at the four corners of the room, and somehow escaping Jong Suk gaze.

Jong Suk: “Ah by the way Yunho your father is looking for you.”

Yunho: “I’ll be leaving then.”

He walks over and bent to me. And whisper something to my ear.

Yunho: “Don’t think I’m letting you off that easily. Prepare yourself.”

Just like that he walks over the door leaving me with confuse about it. Really, didn’t he think that Jong Suk is probably assuming right now on what just happen to us. Why me?

And as soon as he closed the door, within only a second Jong Suk is now sitting beside me. And with a plastered smile on his face.

Jong Suk: “Care to explain to me Jaejoong?”

I’m so unlucky today. Why me?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Yunho P.O.V

The closed the door behind me. What was that all about? His really getting it, I swear! Acting so sweet in front of Dr. Jong Suk and he even listen to the Doctor when he didn’t barge with me. Oh! You know it’s really coming to you. Let’s see your toughness soon.

I don’t want them to be alone together. I do trust Dr. Jong Suk but not my mate, Jaejoong can do anything that he pleased to do and I don’t like that idea, not at all. I need someone who can watch them closely, someone that I can trust and that someone can spy to them. Like a prayer to God, my wish just granted. Changmin, my younger brother just about to enter his room.

Yunho: “Changmin.”

He turns around and faced me. When his about to speak when I covered his mouth with my hand. His a little bit confuse of what I’m doing.

Yunho: “Sssh!, I want you to listen to what Jaejoong and Dr. Jong Suk is talking about. Are we clear? Don’t ask. I will give you more food, just do my command.”

Soon as he hears food Changmin set his mind into it. My brother is a FOOD MONSTER. I start to walk away from them with Changmin in front of the door. Listening carefully with them

Just wait and see Jaejoong. I will show you how I’ll deal with someone like you. My little Mate.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

SOMEONE P.O.V

It’s been a 100 years since I last saw I mate. And over the years my patient to find my mate grew little by little. I’m mad about the fact that my mate just abandons me like that and leaving me with nothing but a broken heart.

My heart is broken due to his foolishness. He just left all alone without knowing the whole truth. Turning our love and the relationship we share into dust.

And believing some crazy bastard about me, and making me like a fool. Thinking that some ridiculous rumors about me are true, that I cheated on him and not being totally loyal with my mate. It strikes my inner beast inside to crawl out. And make him believe that the rumors were not true. That it’s just plain rumors, nothing else.

I keep on searching for him over the past 100 years. Searching everywhere that he can go to, the places we go together, I even like at the place where I first saw his beauty. But luck was not in my side. Every memorable place that I know off I went just to find him but always failed.

Then I heard his with Wystan Coven, it’s a good chose if you’re hiding but one of their head his a friend of mine, Berenice. I traveled across the state just to ask Berenice if my mate is there but to my dismay she said this.

Berenice: “Yes, your mate was here. But he already left. What did you do this time?”

“I didn’t do anything. He believes those rumors about me. I swear if I’ll find him I wil--.”

Berenice: “You will what?”

I couldn’t tell her about my plan, it’s not her business to in and if I ever find my mate, I will make him regret believing those rumors. When I was about to leave the castle, I was a boy that is straightly looking at me. Annoyed with the looks that his giving me, I approach him but he didn’t look scared or even intimidated not even a little. And by the looks of it, his a werewolf.

Why in hell would Wystan Coven have a werewolf boy living with them? Are they crazy.

“What’s your name child?”

“Why do you want to know?”

“Just answer me.”

“Why do I need to tell you my name? I’m betting you’re looking for your mate here, I’m I right?”

With confusion I stare at his face but his only giving me blank response.

“My mate you ask. Why? Why do you know I’m looking for him?”

I grab him and raise him to the air, but I was shock that he only laugh at my action. I’m still confused how a child like him laughs at me. I place him to the ground. I was leaving when the boy spoke.

“You’re too late. He already left. But do you mind telling me why your mate went to hiding?”

“And what would that benefit me child?”

“Well maybe if ever your mate again came here. I will tell him your side of the story because I already his side of it.”

Leave with no choice. I explain to the child the whole story, the beginning and the end of it. He didn’t even complain about it, he just stood there and quietly listen to me. What an interesting child. And somehow after telling someone why side, my heart is a little in rest. But I still need to tell my mate about what truly happens. I’m done telling the child my story.

“So basically your mate misunderstood you.”

“Yes, that’s why. I need to find him.”

“Ok, his direction was in the north. Go find him.”

“You don’t even want to ask what I will do if I found my mate. Berenice even ask me that.”

“It’s your business not mine.”

“You’re a very interesting child.”

“That’s what they say.”

“What’s your name child?”

“My name, my name is Hero Cyneric.”

“Cyneric you said. Are you related to the Cyneric of this coven?”

“You mean Ambrose Cyneric, his my father.”

“Eh! What?”

“Ambrose Cyneric is my father. He adopted me.”

“Nice meeting you young Cyneric.”

I rub his head and walks away but I stop, turning my back again to face the child.

“I’m Woo bin. Remember it young Cyneric.”