Encounter

The Alpha Wolf

Hero: “Where do you plan to go now?”

Hyorin: “To Crimson Knights territory. I think your right, I should face them. Thanks to you, all those words you said to me, gave me courage. It might be hard but at least I tried to explain my true feelings to them.

Hero: “Good chose. Well then buckle up.”

Crimson Knights, I wonder. What kind of pack exactly is it? I’m really curious to know. And what kind of Alpha Wolf they have. Hahaha.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Yunho P.O.V

My name is Jung Yunho, Alpha Wolf of Crimson Knights pack.

And at my age of 28, I accomplish many things. I made the pack stronger. I recruited many wolfs to join the pack. Their numbers gave a big impact to the pack. We grew and grew in numbers and also our strength.

We are many and it gave us dominance against other packs. We are the largest pack and with our number other Wolf packs feared us.

I’m glad that the promise I made to my father came true. I made this pack a lot stronger. And I like what the outcome is. With this I can control over other packs.

But a great Alpha like me has some secrets.

Secrets that I needed to bury, and it’s all about my father, the former Alpha of the Crimson Knights pack.

My father was a great leader, a great father, a great husband to my mother until that day.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Flashback

10 years ago

My father and the packs were patrolling our territory when they encounter a couple of wolfs in the border. They didn’t fight.

My father discovered his true mate. Yes, my mother is not his mate. He just married my mother when my grandfather ordered him to marry her.

And now he found out his mate, one of the wolfs on the border. It’s really ok with us because we know about that our parents are not mates but then, my father’s mate is a male, a male wolf. And it breaks my heart when I knew about it.

It didn’t occur to father whether his mate is a male or a female. He didn’t care. He just felt that his feelings are right. And on the someday they sleep together, marking him as his true mate.

My mother was crying all night. And the pack knew about it. Some of them are against two male wolfs doing it and some are ok with it. And later it was accepted by the pack. But we his family didn’t accepted it. I never did, until now.

That was the beginning of our life to live as like that. Every single day we battle it.

The truth is his mate is kind, understanding, loving and caring towards father and the packs.

That’s just I hate about it. I hate the fact that his that kind of mate. It bothers me.

It was when I was 22 years old that my father handed to me the title Alpha and the responsibility as their leader. I was shocked about it. But I take it. And I ask him why.

And he answered me, “Because I’m growing old and when my times came I want to see the things you accomplish. I want you to do the things I never had to do. And I want more time with my mate. I hope you understand son.” 

I accepted it, making me the Alpha of Crimson Knights pack.

And we all live together. My mother, my younger brother and I live in the head Alpha’s house. My father and his mate live next door to us.

Because of it, I can’t allow my mate to be a male wolf. I would rather marry a female wolf that I like.

 

End of Flashback

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

I search every inch in the south for her, my mate. But I couldn’t found her.

A mate is supposed to be your other half.

A partner in life.

The Alpha female of the pack.

 A mate that stay at your side and lead the pack with you.

 I grew tired of waiting for her to come. And when my father brought up about marriage and that if I want to get marry, I could marry Hyorin, the daughter of Alpha Seung-gi of the Silver Knights pack. My father and her father are good friends and she is also my childhood friend. So it’s a win, win situation for the both packs. Our marriage can secure alliance with Silver knights pack.

I agreed about the marriage and Hyorin also agrees.

She arrived 4 days ago. She was so lovely, everything about her is perfect.

 We walk, talk and eat together. We are close, but somehow something is lacking. And I don’t know what it was. But we enjoy each other’s company. It went well for us. That’s what thought. And we said proceed to the marriage.

Until 3 days ago. She was just mysteriously vanish. I search very inch of the territory for her but I couldn’t find her. I’m worried that she might be in danger. That she was kidnapped inside our territory.

I had no idea what happen to her nor why she vanished.

And father was a little bit disappointed in me.

I tried searching for her around the other packs territories but no luck. I couldn’t find her. I’m hopeless.

Because I can’t just easily abandon the pack just to search for her. So I let Yoochun and Changmin search for her instead.

Yoochun is my beta and my closest friend, and we grew up together. We know each other very well, were like brothers.

 And Changmin is my younger brother. At his age of 24, he thinks as a kid and also act like one. I even bribe him to go with Yoochun just for FOOD. But his very trust wordy.

 I trust them both. I let them travel around the south to search for her. But still no luck. I just hope that nothing has bad happen to her.

But I’m tired of waiting for news about her and I can’t do anything about it. I can’t just left the pack, its reckless thing to do. So I just patiently waiting for their call. And news that they found Hyorin that they actually going home right now.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Driving around and stop once in a while to eat or to do our private stuffs. That was our routine for 2 days.

Hero: “Should we take some rest?”

Hyorin: “Ok.”

I part the car next to the road.

Hyorin: “Can I ask you a question Jaejoong?”

Hero: “Sure, what is it?”

Hyorin: “When we first meet and you saw the wolfs. You’re not frightened or shocked. You just stay firm and calm. Why?”

How should I answer her? I was deeply thinking of explanation to it. It takes me more than a minute to answer here. And the idea was just brilliant.

Hero: “Actually my grandmother used to tell me stories about her life. And that she claims that she was a wolf. Did I believe her? Yes, because one time I saw her shift. And said that I too have werewolf blood running in my veins.”

Hyorin: “So you’re a wolf? But how? I can’t feel your wolf.”

Hero: “Not quite. She married my father that is human. And their child, my father is half-half so to speak. And my father marries my mother that is also a human. So that makes me human too, right?

Hyorin: “I don’t know, maybe.”

Hero: “It’s true that I have the blood of a wolf. I’m a lot stronger and faster than anyone that I know.  Any human that I know, off course. Want me to demonstrate?”

Hyorin: “Sure.”

We went outside and into the forest. I went near to a large tree with Hyorin at my side.

Hero: “Watch.” As I said that to her.

I effortless knock the tree down. With just one blow the tree fell to the ground. And she was shocked. And maybe she believes my story now. I hope she does.

Hero: “Hyorin.”

 I called her but she didn’t look at me. She just keep looking at the tree. I wave my hand in front of her to snap her off. And finally she looks at me.

Hero: “Believe me now?”

 Hyorin: “Definitely!”

We laugh for a while then I heard wood snaps few kilometers away from us yet I continue laughing to her. Because I didn’t want her to suspect me any further. We stop laughing when another wood snaps. She clearly heard it and her attention was divert. And I don’t want to get involve any further. I’m still on search for Seong-im.

Hyorin: “Did you hear that?”

Hero: “Mmmm…hear what?”

Hyorin: “The sound of wood that snapped just now.”

Hero: “No, I didn’t hear it.” I lied. Off course I heard it. I heard it a few kilometers away before she even heard it.

Hyorin: “I definitely heard something. Don’t you?”

Hero: “No, maybe it was a bear that made that sound. Common lets go back.”

Hyorin: “Ok, but there was something I heard. Weird.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

I continue driving to the south. We were silent for a few minutes. Then I break that silent.

Hero: “How far are we from the packs territory?”

Hyorin: “Mmmm. Where at the border right now.

Hero: “Really, tell me Hyorin. What kind of pack is Crimson Knights?”

She was about to answer me when a big wolf suddenly jumps in front of us, cutting us. And then just vanish in the forest. I immediately stop the car. Then seconds later, few more wolfs follow. And we heard growls coming from the forest.

Looks like the wolf that cut us, is in serious trouble.

Hyorin: “Jaejoong. Did you---.”

Hero: “Yeah.” Cutting her off.

Hyorin: “We should help him. Looks like that wolf is in trouble.”

That moment we heard more sounds coming from the forest. More sounds of wood snaps and growls.  And the sound of a wolf that is crying out of pain. This is very serious matter. We should not be involved with it, HEK! I should not be involved with it.

Hero: “Hyorin it’s best if we’re not going to involve our self in it. What if we get hurt or even get killed.”

Hyorin: “But his alone. And you said only cowards will run away when the situation is worst.”

And now my words just backfired at me.

Hero: “Fine.” I got of the car. “ You get some help. I’ll check things out.”

Hyorin: “But?”

Hero: “Don’t worry. Get help from the Crimson Knights pack. Like you said it’s their territory. Oh! And drive faster but don’t bump my car to a tree. Ok. Now go!”

She drives off the car. I only scratch my head. What happen to not get involved? Aish! What a troublesome.

 I walk into the forest, listening to the sound. I let it guided me. I walk a few meters.

What did I get myself into?

And then I saw them, circling a wounded wolf. Tsk!

Hero: “Wah! What a big wolf.”

I fake the excitement in my voice. They stop attacking the wolf and look at me, including the wounded wolf. And they growl at me.

Hero: “Now, now stop hurting this poor wolf. Look his injured.”

I step closer and it only makes them more alert. Yet they gave way to me. But still on their ground, closely examining me. I bent closer to the wolf. And look at his wounds, its serious. He should be healing now, but somehow he didn’t. Then I look at their claws. They have silver claws attach to them. Only cowards will only do that.

Hero: “Look at the poor thing. Don’t hurt him anymore, his already bleeding everywhere. Now be good wolfs and leave him.”

I only heard growls in return. It’s starting to get me annoyed. I was about to speak when the wolf I’m with shift to his human form.

Hero: “Look at you, your bleeding out. You have a big wolf, you should use him wisely.”

I took of my jacket and covered him with it. Standing up as I face these wolfs.

Hero: “I know you can understand me. Scram now, before every one of you gets killed.”

“Whah…What are you..doing?” the wounded wolf ask.

Hero: “What does it looks like? I’m helping you.”

“Don’t..ah.. joke around ah. There ah 9 wolfs ah, stop it.”

Hero: “Aish don’t move. Stay still, or better yet close your eyes.”

“Ah. You only want me, ah. Don’t mind ah this human.”

Hero: “Look don’t be stubborn and let me handle this. Besides I promise Hyorin to help you. So Sssh!”

“You, you know ah Hyorin.”

Hero: “Yes. So be quite.”

They began to circle us.  One wolf approaches us, teasing me. I step forward, looking him straight in the eyes.

Hero: “Leave now, before you regret it. If you don’t want to be killed, flee now before I lost my patients.”

They growl at me, the wolf in front of me advance more.

I’m not really in the mood right now and I don’t want to do this, but they provoke me to fight them. I won’t give them a chance to live their pathetic lives.

My mood is starting to swing. That only mean one thing that a full moon will soon to occur, not tonight, not tomorrow but soon. And my lust for blood is starting to boil. My bloodlust is at its peak when it’s near full moon. And I can only control it by locking myself in the dungeon or when I’m satisfied with my killings.

Maybe it’s a good thing that I encounter this wolf today. My bloodlust will sure get down when I’m done killing them, 9 wolfs are not bad, add the once I killed 2 days ago, total of 14 kills. Not bad.

Hero: “Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

I advance, with one quick movement, I held his head and forcedly ripped them apart, the head and the body, and making his blood spill all over me. I drop his lifeless body to the ground. Three more wolfs attack, I kick the first one to his stomach making him hit the rock and cried of pain.

I quickly take a hold on the two wolfs neck, ripping them and more blood spills on me. They died quickly then I thought.

Hero: “Want more!”

I saw fear to their eyes but they didn’t back down. I like that kind of courage.

This I was the one who attack first, attacking the wolf near me. I wrapped around my hands to his ribs, crashing him his every bone in his body. I only release him when I felt his not breathing any more.

The wolfs that are still alive are all in rage. Two of them attack me. I was busy fighting those two when one more wolf about me from the behind. His silver claws were on my left thigh, making my thigh bleed a little. I got excited because of that, but too much excitement can trigger him. And I don’t want that. I need to finish them off soon.

With my both hands I hold their precious necks and snapping them, taking their lives and their bodies fell to the ground. I soon advance with the wolf that attacks me earlier, the one who scratch my thigh. But when I was about to attack him another wolf attack me from behind. Marking his claws to my back, it stain a little and the pain my bearable. I kick him hard and fell to the ground.

I focus my attention to the wolf that attacks my thigh, I ripped both of his arms, and then I wrapped my hands around him. I crashed his ribs and he choked some blood and I throw him to a tree. His eyes roll back to his head and soon he died.

 And now for the wolf that attack my back. He tried to run away from me but I tackle him to the ground, I hold his jaw, roughly pulling it, making his head and his body apart. Spilling more blood on me. And when I’m finish with him. I toss his lifeless body.

And the only wolf left was the one that I kick earlier. I step closer and quickly snap his head, turning his head to 90 degree.

All of them died. Ahm, I felt alive, I haven’t done this in a while. My mood now is great, and my bloodlust is starting to cool down. Good thing that I control it, if not he’ll be surface, and no one wants to see the Bearer of Death appearing now.

 Aish my back and thigh hurts a little, it will take time to heal because the wolf I fought attach silver claws into their claws.

I walk closer to the wolf that is badly wounded, I bent down to see that his unconscious.

Should I leave him here? I could to that but then I remembered Hyorin, if I left this man here she will nag me. But how should I carry a and unconscious man. Aish, I don’t like it at all, so troublesome. I stand up and search the surroundings for clothes. If this area is Crimson Knights territory then some clothes maybe scatter around. Searching for the clothes, good thing that I found some under a large tree, I took them and walk back to the wounded wolf.

Why me? Why? I asked myself. I’m currently dressing the man, putting boxers and pants on him and I fixed my jacket on him. I carry him and starting to walk to the south with him on my back. Minutes later he wakes up yet his still weak.

“Wha….what just happen?”

Hero: “Ssssh, stop talking, save your energy.” I took out my phone from my pocket. Clicking an application, I know where my car is. Good thing that my car has GPRS on it.

“Wha..ah what are you doing?”

Hero: “Sssh, stop talking or else I’ll drop you.”

He stops talking and when I glance at him, his unconscious again. What a day!

I walked for miles and I’m starting to get tired. I’m carrying a wounded wolf and my back is also bleeding, nice. And good thing that my car is near now, I hurry running to its direction. Until I heard people talking, I recognize one voice, its Hyorin’s voice. And she’s trembling. And I started to see them and my car that is wreck right now. My poor car, I said drive faster but don’t hit a tree with my car. Clearly she didn’t listen to me. Demetrious will get mad if he learn that its wreck.

Then I saw many people gather around in front of a house. I can’t carry him anymore. I lay him down next to a tree at least it’s near their packs house. I walk towards them, and when I cross the forest, I greeted them.

Hero: “Yo!” I wave my hand above my head.