*After 6 Years*

Guardians of My Soul and Life *Editing*

Doctor’s POV

It had been 6 years since I was assigned to watch this patient and surprisingly, she is still here with all her machines plugged in. This patient is really special and I can tell because not many families are willing to spend money on someone who had been in a coma for this long. Though I had never seen anybody coming to visit her, I can still tell there are people who still care about her.

Today is the day where I have to do a regular check-up and I slowly walked in the room knowing that there isn’t going to be a miracle anytime soon. The emergency button was on and nurses were screaming. I ran to her room and I see her trying to sit up.

“When did she wake up?” I asked the nurse who was the closest and the calmest. “She woke up around 5 minutes ago.” I walked towards her and introduced myself.

“Eunmi-sshi, you are safe here.” “Who are you?” “I’m Dr. Kim and I was assigned to do check-ups on you.” She still looked suspicious. “How long have I been here?”

“You’ve been here for around 6 years after you accident.” “What…what’s my name again?” “You name is Kim Eunmi.” “Do you know if I have any relatives?” “As far as I know, your parents died and you have an older brother.”

She asks a lot of questions for someone who just woke up from a 6 year coma…I think I need to get her brother here as soon as possible. “Dr. Kim, when can I discharge?” “Soon but I need to inform your brother before anything else happens.” I got the nurses to do the check-up while I went to the phone to inform her brother.

Suho’s POV

I was just about to eat my lunch with my 5 friends when I heard my phone ringing. I told Sehun to answer it because I’m lazy to answer more calls from those fangirls. “Hello?” Sehun put the call on speaker.

“Is this Kim Joonmyun-sshi?” They all looked at me and I turned the speaker off. “Yes I am who are you calling from?” “I’m Dr. Kim who was in charge of looking after Kim Eunmi-sshi.” I was shocked. Why would the hospital call at this time? They know that I’m school at school. “Is there something wrong with my sister?

“As a matter of fact, she just woke up a while ago and she apparently lost her memory and she didn’t remember herself.” I frowned at what he said. Does that mean she doesn’t remember me? Well, at least she woke up…

“When can she discharge?” “She can discharge when we are done our check-ups because it’s rare to have someone wake up from a 6 year coma.”“I understand. Thank you so much for informing me immediately.” I ended the call and I was literally screaming in front of everyone.

Fangirls are squealing but I don’t care. I looked at my friends and they gave me the look like I’m crazy.  Baekhyun and Chanyeol were calming me down like I lost a family member while Jongin, Kyungsoo, and Sehun were just talking amongst themselves.

“What happened hyung? Did something happen to your sister?” I nodded and I said. “She woke up a while ago.” They seem happier than me and I don’t know why. “Hyung, can we meet her now?” “No.” “Can we go after school?” “Why?” “What should we give her?” “Why are you planning to give her something?” “Do we have to go?” “Kim Jongin, you sound like you hate my sister…”

I shushed them and they finally quiet down. “Let’s just meet her when she is discharged. She doesn’t remember anything and I want her to have some privacy before she gets too overwhelmed.