Prologue

The Wolves: Hunted

 Chapter one 

 Prologue

 

________________________________________

 

I remember lying on the ground, my blood staining the wooden floors. I remember looking up into their eyes, the rage and pain of their souls staring back at me. I could have screamed, begged, but I didn't. I could have fought back, but I didn't. I just lay on the ground and let it happen, let them hurt me for revenge.

I was helpless until I saw him for the first time. His chocolate brown eyes.

'Soft yet sad.'

He was the one that brought me happiness, an escape from the inevitable. A way to get away from the fear of getting hurt. He was the one to bring back the girl I used to be. The girl who would never let anyone take advantage of, the girl who would have stood up for herself. The girl who seemed too scared to show herself.

Luhan.

Because of him we were happy and I became vulnerable.

I can't remember the first time I felt that way, scared of letting the world know who I was.

Was it when I was hurt for the first time?

When I saw him in pain?

Was it when I confessed my love for him?

When he held me in his arms?

When he kissed me for the first time?

Was it when he decided to give up his life to save my own?

When he whispered the three words that changed our lives forever?

'I love you.'

••••••••••••

"Where is he!?" Ga Eun begged, tears running down her face.

Her body was completely numb, the rope tied around her neck slowly suffocating her as she struggled to breathe. Bit by bit she felt the blood start to drip from the large cut on her face. The pain was intense but so was the fear of dying.

The fear of letting him go.

"Oppa, please tell me where his is!" She pleaded, the rope cutting into /

His back was facing her, his body shaking as he tried to stiffle the chuckles that ran shook his body. He turned back to face her, his once brown eyes now a deep yellow. She looked down at his trembling his hands, memories flooding back.

"You don't have to worry about that." He whispered, a tiny smirk on his face.

"Please. Don't hurt him." 

He leaned closer to Ga Eun, his skin musky and wet. His smirk slowly turned into a scowl, her cries muffled by his hand over . She looked down to see a knife pressing deeper into her stomach, the pain intensifying. He let go before he could do anymore damage, standing up as she gasped in pain.

"I can't promise you anything. I'm not the one who gets to decide what happens to him." He murmured, shrugging.

"What do you mean?" Ga Eun trembled. "What are you talking about?"

"He could end up dying. A slow and painful death." He said.

"Why? Please don't hurt him." 

"It depends actually." 

"On what?" She asked, wide eyed.

"On the decisions you make." He said, placing his hands on either side of her face. "It's your choice. Save him or let him die." He said, before walking away.

"What do I have to do!?" Ga Eun screamed, making him stop.

"Decide." He whispered.

"Save him." She pleaded. "Save him."

"Perfect." He said.

She looked up to see him walking back towards her, a wide smile on his face. Ga Eun stared wide eyed as she heard screams, his familiar voice echoing around the empty room. She strained her neck to his body being pulled away, his eyes on hers as he struggled to get away.

"Don't do it! Don't do it! Trust me! Don't leave me!" He screamed, his eyes filling with tears.

Before she could say anything, she watched his body being tossed into a car. She screamed as she watched them drive off, pounds made on the door as he struggled to see her one last time. She turned back around and stared into his eyes, the terror seizing her once again.

He leaned closer and began to untie the ropes that held her back, his touch familar yet haunting. He crouched down before her and brushed back her tears, his voice soft and quiet.

"This is for your own good. You need to see that for yourself." He whispered, shaking his head.

________________________________________