Old friend

Somebody I hate

<<Chapter 20>> Old friend

20th chapter already! (lesser actually excluding the notes) As promised, I've included a new character in this chapter!

EXO didn't get their triple crown today *sobs* I hope they win on Inkigayo though! Fighting! 


The sun was pretty much sinking into the dark orange sky by the time you had made it to Jangjang cafe. You loitred outside the cafe for a good two minutes, before finally entering the place.

Your heart pumped rapidly against your chest, as you looked around for familiar faces. 

"Seol-hee-yah, Is that you..?" a warm voice greeted, an uncertainty in his voice.

You were surprised to find a very good looking guy standing behind you. His features were soft, and he had the sparkliest pair of eyes you've ever seen which seemed to be twinkling each time he blinked.

"Yes, but you are..?" you furrowed your eye brows, trying to recall if you know him. If you did, how on earth could you even forget such a beautiful face?! 

"It's me, Luhan!" his lips broke into a huge smile, pulling you towards his chest and giving you a light squeeze. "I missed you, seol!" 

You were a little taken a back, and needed a moment to recollect your thoughts. "Lu-luhan?!" you broke out of the hug and stared at the handsome face. 

"I-I couldn't recognise you!" you continued to scan his appearance - at how handsome and cute he has become. 

"Me too, you've become so pretty!" Luhan squeezed your cheek like he always used to.

"Squid." he teased. 

You frowned in disapproval at how he still remembers your nickname. 

You used to be really forgetful and blur back in middle school, therefore given the nickname 'squid.' 

"Deer." you defended yourself with his nickname.

"Where's Juyeon?" you looked around again. Maybe she's changed so much you can't recognise her either. 

"She said that she couldn't make it today, didn't she text you?" Luhan asked. 

You fished your hand into your pocket for your cellphone. 

(text) "I'm so sorry, something cropped up at the last minute... I'll treat you guys to a BIG meal next time!" 

You chuckled at the text.  Juyeon being Juyeon. 

"Right. Let's go sit down then." you curved up into a broad smile.

 

Your heart was still thumping rapidly (well more of fluttering actually) and you found it hard to even breathe. You stared at Luhan as he digged into his food. Now that you look at him, he does look a little.. like Sehun. Speaking of Sehun..

 

*Flashback* 

"Where are you going?" Sehun asked, as you walked past his red ferrari. 

"I have something on quite nearby here, I'll walk there and take a bus home later." you answered flatly.

"Is it a guy or girl?" 

"Guy and a girl." 

"Can i come?" 

"No."

"But I'm your boyfriend." Sehun pouted, blocking your way. 

"Move." you ordered darkly. 

"First.." Sehun broke into a grin and pointed to his cheek mischieviously. 

"NO WAY." You spat, pushing him aside and attempting to run. 

But he had caught onto your blazer and pulled you all the way back infront of him. 

"If you don't do it, you're gonna be late~" he stuck out his tongue at you again. 

"Fine." you sighed deeply at your miserable life. 

Your lips were about to touch his cheek when he suddenly turned, causing you to KISS HIS LIPS INSTEAD. 

"Yah, you swindler!" You snapped, kicking his left leg violently with all your strength, causing him to hop in pain around his car. 

"'See you at home!" he waved shamelessly as he watched you storming off angrily, wiping your lips with the sleeve of your blazer. 

*End of flashback* 

 

You shivered at the thought of that flashback. Sehun was becoming really mushy recently.

"Are you okay?" Luhan tilted his head cutely to the side. 

Oh my god. You were practically dying from inside. 

"You have some explaining to do." you took a sip of your carrot juice before folding your arms across your chest. 

"Explaining?"

"Why you didn't contact me all these years..?" You clicked your fingers demandingly onto the glass table. 

"Ah." he chuckled, leaning back onto his chair. 

"I was in a coma." his expression was now serious. 

*WHAT?!* 

"C-co-coma? What happened to you?!" you grabbed his hand worriedly. 

"I was involved in a car accident a few weeks after I went back to Beijing. My father died..And I was in a coma for two and a half years. Took me a period of time to start recalling things..people, phone numbers.. I lost a part of my memory." Luhan explained. 

You shook your head in guilt. "I shouldn't have asked.. uncle lu.."

He lowered his head, "he's gone." he said almost in a whisper. 

"I'm sorry.." you felt a lump in your throat. 

* YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE ASKED!* You blamed yourself, desperately wanting to slap your own face.

"I'm glad I remembered you. I came all the way here just to see you and Juyeon!" he winked. 

Luhan still hasn't changed on bit. Always trying to lighten the atmosphere even when he's feeling the worst. You couldn't imagine all that happening to him.. He has always be kind and sweet, he didn't deserve two and a half years of his life wasted, he didn't deserve to forget the good memories he treasured, most of all, he didn't deserve to lose his father.. 

You hugged him tightly as you prepared to part. You had already exchanged phone numbers. "Don't ever forget this number!" you smiled, breaking out of the hug. 

"Text me." he reminded, getting into his ride back home - he is currently living with a good friend of his.

"Bye!" you waved. 


<<Author's Note>> 

So here it is, the first chapter I've included our new character from EXO-M, Luhan! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to the story, and leave a comment below! I'm looking forward to your feedback! 

ADD ME AS A FRIEND! I ACCEPT ALL FRIEND REQUESTS :) PLEASE HELP UPVOTE THE STORY IF YOU REALLY LIKE IT :D 

Thank you so much for reading! :D