Getting nicknames

Somebody I hate

<<Chapter 2>> Nicknames 

You couldn't help but lower your head as you walked over to assemble at the parade square. 

"Jung seol-hee" a woman's voice called loud and clear.

"Just in time" you thought, as you quickly ran over. "Here!" you raised your arm. Everybody turned to look at you, like you were a piece of meal. Their expressions were very disturbing. They seemed to be scanning you over and over but have yet to decide the 'result'.

You placed your belongings down gently, keeping your head lowered, and eyes on the ground, trying to avoid any eye contact. It's not like you were the soft and fragile type or anything...but in this type of situation it was hard not to feel intimidated. 

Whispers filled the room. The words 'new girl' sent chills down your spine because you knew you were the one they were all talking about.


"Class greet." a male student commanded, before the class went down to about 70 degrees half-heartedly, greeting the adult in a reluctant tone. You're guessing he's the class president.

"I'll let you brats off today." The female teacher said coarsely.

"This is Jung seol-hee, she will be joining our class from today onwards." she announced.

 "Ahnyeonghaseyo, Jung seol-hee imnida" you made sure to bow exactly 90 degrees, before proceeding to scan your new classmates. The girl seated infront chuckled. You probably exceeded 90 degrees and ended up looking like an idiot.

"Now, where should i put you.........." the teacher looked around for an empty seat. 

"Oh yes, you can sit beside Sejun." she clapped her hands at the last word.

Sejun? Well you heard sejun. Anyway, Sejun was your dog's name. Past tense because the poor pooch was killed off in a horrific road accident which you had unfortunately witnessed about two years ago. The incident left you so traumatised that you refused to keep another dog ever since. May he rest in peace.

The teacher lead you to the table.

"Aish, that brat. Must have sneaked to the washroom again." she muttered under her breath.

"I'm Miss Kim by the way." she turned to you and briefly introduced. Miss kim was tall and pleasant looking, seeming to be in a mid or late twenties. You smiled, and nodded awkwardly as you sat down.

Time to play mute and pretend you don't exist throughout the rest of your high school days.

 

Just minutes passed and you felt like you were about to die from the lesson. Apparently, Miss Kim is teaching History, and the class is already at chapter 8. You were told that there'll be a quiz in two weeks...Just how on earth are you to catch up and ace 8 chapters in 14 days? Mission impossible.

Just as you were trying to keep yourself awake again, something hit you.

You turned to the direction. 

"Seol-hee-sshi?" The dark haired boy mouthed

You nodded.

"I'm baekhyun" his right eye slowly squinted into what seemed like a wink.

Eh? You weren't exactly sure how to react to that.

You waved and smiled, flashing your teeth, trying to be friendly and hopefully make a few friends by the next few periods before recess. You hated the idea of sitting alone at the caferteria. And maybe, just maybe, you could exist peacefully at this school for the next three years.

His eyes widened as he turned to his buddy and they both started to openly discuss about you. 

You attracted quite a number of male attention in the last 10 minutes, and even started a conversation. Ha! Off to a great start already.

"I'm originally from Daegu." you explained to your new-found friends, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Suho and Kyungsoo. No female students have bothered to talk to you as of yet. You wonder why... 

"Wait till you meet our friend. I'm sure he will like you!" Suho cupped his hands around his face. 

You really liked suho, he was cute and really knew how to take care of people. He invited you to sit with them during lunch and even offered to pay for the meal.

"Friend? Is he the one sitting beside me?" you asked

"Yup. I bet he's too engrossed in his game that he fell into the toilet bowl or something." suho joked as the others burst into laughter.

"We have nicknames for each other." Kyungsoo said shyly

"Suho is grandpa myeon-"

"myeon?" you interrupted.

"Well, my real name is Junmyeon." suho scratched the back of his head.

"Chanyeol is Weirdo, Kyungsoo is eomma-soo, I'm bacon and that brat sitting beside you is spoiled prince." Baekhyun seemed satisfied as he introduced their nicknames. 

"We'll introduce you to Jong in later. He's in the other class."  Kyungsoo said.

"We should give Seol-hee-ssi a nick name too!" Weirdo chanyeol suggested.

Your heart skipped a beat. Not a good idea... 

"Seol-hee-ssi should be princess. Since she's so pretty." Suho's voice became warmer as he made eye contact with you

"Aniya, she should be Goddess!" 

"Angel!"

"Fairy!"

"Ulzzang!"

You blushed at all the suggested nick names. 

"She's an ulzzang alright." another bunch of male classmates joined in.

Ahhhh, you're about to die from embarrassment! 

"You guys must be talking about me right" a male voice chuckled, as the gang's attention moved to the husky voice. 

"Sehun-ah!" Chanyeol's eyes lit up

Sehun? Wasn't it Sejun? Anyway, the name definitely rang bells in your head.

You looked up at the tall figure as flashbacks started in your head.

Red ferrari. Rude guy. The worst person you've ever met. Oh sehun.

Bingo. It all came back.

So the supposed prince the guys were talking about is this devil? This oh sehun?! 

At that moment, flashbacks were probably playing in his head too.

"No way!" you gasped.

"You've got to be joking right..... you? Why are you here?!" sehun blasted at you rudely.

"Why can't I be here? I'm from this class!"

"Since when?!"

"Since today." 

Your eyes met and you were pretty sure you felt a current of electricity zap from your eyes.

"So, the princess, angel, fairy, ulzzang you guys are talking about, is this peasant?!" sehun was about to die from shock.

"Yah, watch your words brat." suho smacked sehun's bottom. 

"Hyung, she's that commoner student! The commoner student that witch told us about!" 

Everybody turned to stare. You were faced with the wrath of eyes again.


"So it's her!" a group of female students chuckled.

"I guess i finally get some female attention?" you comforted yourself.

Peasant and commoner were your latest nick names. 

The boys could only shake their heads in disbelief. 

Sehun smirked and crossed his arms, believed to be satisfied with what he has done.