End

Open Your Heart

Krystal groaned once she heard her phone ring. She turned to to her phone and shut it off. But before she could even go back to sleep, her phone rang again. She groaned loudly, took her phone while cursing and answered without looking at the caller ID.

" Bwoh?" She groaned.

She was immediantly awoken when she heard sniffing and stuttering. " K-krystal. " Once she heard his voice, she knew it her boyfriend. " P-please come to the hospital, Hyung, he- "

" What's wrong? " Krystal began to worry, hearing Kai cry. 

" D-donghae hyung, he- he got hit by a truck. P-please, come to the hospital. " Kai cried. 

Krystal immediantly got up, " Im coming, just wait. " She quicly said and hung up. She grabbed a random sweater from her closet and ran downstairs to meet Jessica and Hyoyeon. " Unnie! We have to go now! " 

" Where?" Jessica asked Krystal.

Krystal looked at her with sympathy, " Donghae got into an accident. " 

Jessica was wide eyed and froze. Hyoyeon gasped and covered . 

" Krystal, you better not be joking. " Jessica said a serious tone.

" Im not! Kai just called, he was crying, it sounded serious. " Krystal worriedly said. " Now come on, lets go! " She yelled and grabbed the car keys and headed out. 

Jessica didnt know what to do. Her whole body was frozen as ice. She didnt want to believe it, but she knew Krystal wouldnt joke about something like this. 

" Sica, come on! " Hyoyeon pulled Jessica by her hand, interuppting her thoughts.

 

As soon as the girls arrived at the hospital, they see Donghae's family at the side, along with Eunhyuk.

" Kai. " Krystal called her boyfriend. As soon as Kai heard her voice. He immediantly got up and ran to her. Kai hugged her tight and cried. " Shh, it'll be okay... Dont worry. Donghae will be fine. " Krystal began to comfort him as she hugged him. She could literally feel him shaking. 

" Oppa. " Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk hugged. " I've been trying to call you. " She worriedly said.

" I left my phone in the car. " He answered. 

When Hyoyeon looked at him, she knew he's been crying. His eyes were puffy and red. She could still see tears in his eyes. " He'll be alright. He's strong. " Once Hyoyeon began to comfort him, he let his tears go.

" I lost him, I cant lose him again. " Eunhyuk cried as Hyoyeon hugged him.

Jessica's attention went to Donghae's family. They were all huddled into one corner, holding hands. One of his family members stood up and walked towards Jessica. 

" Y-you must be Jessica?" She asked as her voice cracked.

Jessica nodded without saying anything. 

" Im his sister, Boa. " She introduced herself. " My brother talks about you a lot. " Her voice was still weak.

Jessica looked at his sister with sad eyes. Boa could tell her eyes were shaking, actually her whole body was shaking. Jessica immediantly dropped to her knees. " Im sorry. " She cried.

Boa supported Jessica by her arm and lead her to the chair, " Why would you be sorry?" 

" I gave so much trouble to Donghae, a-and now, he - he might be gone. I-if it wasnt for me, if I told him I love him, m-maybe he wouldnt commit suicide. " She began to say with tears and guilt.

" Donghae didnt commit suicide. " Boa said as she patted her back, " He was drunk, he didnt know what he was doing. " 

Jessica was surprised and felt reliefed, " He was?" She asked recieving a nod from Boa.

" The thing is, we dont know why he would drink that much. My brother isnt the type who does. " She frowned. 

Jessica frowned again, " B-because of me.. Before this.. I- I said some things.. He pro- " Before she coulod finish her sentence the doctor came in.

" Lee Donghae's family?" He asked. 

Everyone stood up and immediantly ran to the doctor, " Is he okay?" Everyone asked.

The doctor shook his head, " The damage is too severe. His ribs were crushed and pierced into his lungs. He only has 20% chance of living. "

" Bwoh? Then start the surgeory now! " Donghae's dad said. 

" Miss,if it was that simple we would've already done it but we're telling you this, doing this kind of surgeory on him, there's a chance he wont make it. His body is too damaged and weak, he may not survive half of the operation. " The doctor strictly said.

" Please, just do whatever you can to save him. Please. " Kai's mom cried and held the doctor's hand.

" I cant promise you anything, but we'll make sure we'll do whatever it takes. " The doctor said.

As this went on, Jessica was at the back, frozen. She watched Donghae's parents crying with his sisters. She looked at Krystal trying to comfort Kai and Hyoyeon who was trying to talk to the crying Eunhyuk. She couldnt believe that she might lose Donghae again, and this time, she'll lose him forever. Having that kind of thought, she began to cry. She didnt know what to do with life anymore. She couldnt believe she threw away the only guy she loved. Having the thought of Donghae dead made her heart ache, it made her feel as if her heart just wanted to beat out of her chest.

Jessica tried to get rid of her thoughts, but she couldnt. She wanted to think positively but somehow, her brain kept telling her the complete opposite. He's gonna die. He's gonna die. He will. Her mind kept playing with her, she wanted to scream, she wanted to let it all out. 

Jessica held onto her head and began to cry. " He wont.. He loves me. He wont leave. " She began to mummble to herself. She leaned onto the wall and cried. She managed to stop her tears by holding Donghae's shirt she's still wearing. Her mind keeps telling her, he'll die. When she looks at Donghae's family, she wants to cry. She closed her eyes and shook her head to get rid of her thoughts. 

She immediantly looks up when she felt someone hug her. Once she made eye contact with her sister, she began to cry again. " He cant leave, Krystal. " She cried.

" He wont. He's strong, dont think like that. " Krystal comforted her.Jessica didnt say anything and just cried onto Krystal's arms. Her sister moved to the hospital seats and let Jessica rest her head on her lap. " Sh, stop crying, unnie. Donghae wont like it. " She Jessica's hair.

Jessica knew Krystal was right; he wont like it if she cried. She knew Donghae would want her to think positively. Jessica managed to stop her tears and closed her eyes, thinking about those happy moments she had with Donghae before going to sleep. 

 

" Unnie, unnie. " Jessica wakes up to hear Krystal's soft voice.  She looks at Krystal, who points at the doctor. " I think its done. Come on. "Krystal said. 

Jessica sat up from her sister's lap and immediantly started walking towards the doctor. Looking at the doctor, her heart began to pound. The doctor was frowning and looked at Donghae's family. Once the doctor shook his head and kept his head, Jessica knew that was it. 

" Im sorry, he didnt make it. " She heard the doctor say. 

Jessica stopped her tracks and literally felt her heart break into pieces. The whole world went slow motion for her, she slowly watched Donghae's parents fall to the ground and cry. She saw Eunhyuk punching the wall while Hyoyeon tried to calm him down. She watched Kai cry into Krystal's small arms. She looked at Donghae's sisters who had a blank expressionless face. Everything was slow to her, even the nurses and doctors from afar. 

Jessica didnt know what to do. If she cant even handle the thought of Donghae dead, how can she even handle the fact that Donghae is dead? Having no thoughts, literally nothing at all, Jessica ran. She didnt get the chance to run far because once she looked at her right, she saw the lifeless Donghae in the room. She stopped and just stared at him. Jessica hesitated to go in, because she knew once she does, she'll never want to leave. But she knew she had to, she cant miss the last chance of seeing her beloved. 

Jessica slowly walks in the room, holding her breath. The nearer she goes, the more tears she held back. Donghae was pale, he had bruises on his face. She looked at the open cut on his left rib. Donghae looked peaceful though, he had no sad or happy expressions, just a plain but peaceful face. Jessica imagined his goofy smile and his eye smile. She missed him so much. Looking at the lifeless Donghae, she dropped to her knees and placed her hands on his.

" Please, wake up. " Jessica cried. " Please, wake up. Please. Please just wake up. I need you, Donghae. I cant you lose you, please. .... Wake up.. I love you.. I never stopped. " She cried harder, thinking that Donghae always wanted to hear those words coming from her. " Im so so so sorry.. I pushed you away because I was stupid.. Because I was selfish.. I wasnt thinking of you, only me. Im so sorry, please forgive me, Donghae. " She placed her head on his hand. " Donghae, please.. Dont leave me.. please.. You cant leave me. Hae.. Please. Im so sorry. " She continued to cry. 

She cried on his hand and held it tight. She kept praying that this was just a dream or that he was just joking, she just wanted a thought that this whole thing was a fake. 

" Unnie. We have to go. " Krystal's voice said behind her.

" No.. Im not leaving. H-he's just sleeping. " She desperatly said.

Krystal looked at her sister with pity. " Unnie, please. They need to take him away. " She tried to grab Jessica by the arm, but she pulled away.

" No, just watch. He'll wake up soon. Just watch. " Jessica smiled at Krystal.

Hyoyeon came in, watching her bestfriend act like a desperate, devestated , crazy girl. " Sica, come on. Please. He's gone. " She said and took Jessica away from Donghae.

" No, no. Please, Hyoyeon! " Jessica pleaded. She tried to fight back but Krystal held her other arm and both Hyoyeon and Krystal dragged her away. " No! Donghae! No! Please! Stop! Donghae! I need him! Please! Please! " She cried and cried as she watched the lifeless Donghae get covered by the blankets. " NOO! DONGHAE! NO! " She cried and stretched her arms, trying to grab Donghae who was on the other side of the room.

Once Jessica was dragged out of the room, they shut the door as Jessica dropped on her knees and cried. " Donghae! Im so sorry.. Donghae.. " She kept mummbling. " Donghae.. Donghae. I love you.. Im sorry.. " She kept saying. 

Her sister kept yelling her name, but somehow, Jessica couldnt quite hear it. Her voice was distant and kept echoing, the words Krystal kept saying was unclear. Jessica managed to read . She tried to say, ' wake up. ' 

" Yah, yah, Unnie, wake up. " Jessica woke up from her nightmare and looked up to see the worried Krystal. " Are you okay? You were having a bad dream. " 

Jessica wiped her tears and sat up. She sighed in relief, thinking that everything was just a dream. But everything wasnt over yet, she still wasnt sure about Donghae. " D-donghae? Is he..?" Jessica tried to ask, but she hesitated, not wanting to know the answer. 

Krystal stared at Jessica for a while, causing her to panic. Her heart kept beating every second Krystal stared at her. Then suddenly, Krystal's mouth curled. " He's alright. He made it through. " She smiled.

Jessica was wide eyed, " Really? " She widely smiled. Hearing those words, it felt as if a bunch of weights were lifted up from her shoulders. 

Krystal nodded in response.

Jessica immediantly got up with a huge smile on her face. " I - I cant believe! He's alive! Krystal, he's alive!!! " She couldnt keep her excitement in. 

" Dont get too excited, the doctor said he'll be in a coma for a while. They predicted he'll wake up in 3 days or so. " Krystal explained. 

The coma news didnt bring her down, she just kept smiling. " He's alive though! In a coma or whatever! He's still alive! " She jumped around with a huge smile and giggled. 

" Come on, lets go. Everyone's in the room. " Krystal chuckled at her sister and dragged in her in Donghae's room. 

Even though, Jessica was still happy about Donghae, she was still upset that Donghae almost died and basically suffered from all the pain. She promised herself from that day on, she'll always cherish Donghae.

 

For the past 4 days, Jessica hasnt been sleeping. She always stayed by Donghae's side in the hospital. Same for Donghae's family, especially his dad. He always stayed up just to wait for Donghae to wake up. Jessica and his dad kept each other entertained by telling stories about Donghae and all. Donghae's dad was pretty convinced that Jessica was the one for Donghae. 

Since Donghae's dad was old, not sleeping and always worrying was too much for him. So the doctor suggested he should go home and rest before he gets sick, leaving Jessica with Donghae. Jessica always cherished every minute with him now, even if he's in a coma, she always talked to him about her day or read him stories. 

Jessica admitted she was tired of waiting, but nothing stopped her. She promised herself she'll never lose Donghae again. Her being tired was finally over when her love finally woke up. 

Hyoyeon was in the room with Eunhyuk watching TV. They were too busy paying attention to the show, that they didnt even recognize Donghae opening his eyes. 

" E-eunhyuk.. " Donghae mummbled.

" Bwoh?" Eunhyuk said without looking back.

" W-water.. " He weakly said. 

" Alright, hold o- " His bestfriend stopped talking when he realized it was Donghae's voice. He immediantly turned around, accidently waking up Hyoyeon from sleeping on his lap and fell." DONGHAE! " He yelled, completely forgetting about Hyoyeon. He went down to hug him, only to put pressure on his wounds.

" Ow.. " Donghae groaned, but was too quiet. 

Hyoyeon was excited as well, but that didnt stop her from hitting Eunhyuk on the arm. " DONGHAE! FINALLY! " Hyoyeon said as if she didnt hurt her boyfriend. 

" C-can I- I have water.. ?" He mummbled. 

" Right! " Eunhyuk gave him the water bottle next to the bed. " We've been waiting for so long! " He widely smiled and sat on the chair next to the bed. 

" Yeah, you've been out for a week! " Hyoyeon exclaimed. " Everyone's been worried about you! We have so much to- Wait, we have tell everyone!" She said and took out her phone.

" Wait, before we do, I think we should call the doctor first, it'd be better to know his health before telling them the ' good news. ' " Eunhyuk stopped Hyoyeon with a worried tone as he looked at Donghae's injuries.

" I-Im fine, just a little head ache. " Donghae weakly said and sat up with the help of Eunhyuk. " I - J.. Jessica? I-is she..? " He was afraid to ask. 

Hyoyeon smiled and put her phone down, " She never left this hospital ever since your surgery, she's just at the washroom. She'll be thrilled. " She widely smiled.

" Sh-she was here? With me? A-all the time?" Donghae surprisingly asked.

Before Hyoyeon could say anything, the door opened to reveal and small brown haired girl with big eye bags and a louzy posture. " I bought food, I wasnt sure if you guys wanted - " Jessica began to talk without looking up and gave the food to Hyoyeon, but she stopped when she saw the inoccent Donghae starring at her. " D-donghae.." She whispered. She continued to walk towards Donghae, not with a happy, outstanded face but more of a sad and angry face.

" Jessica, I - " Donghae began to talk but was cut off. 

" You idiot! " Jessica yelled at him, " Why the hell would you get drunk and go in front of a truck? Are you trying to kill yourself? What the hell is wrong with you? Do you know how much trouble we went through? Everyone's was so worried about you! Why are you always so selfish? You never think of anyone but yourself! " She kept yelling at him with an angry tone. 

" I-im sorry.. I- It was an accident. i- " Donghae tried to explain himself. 

" An accident?! " She cut him off. " You call getting drunk and causing trouble an accident? Are you stupid? Is this some kind of scheme? "

" Of course no- " Donghae tried to explain himself but Jessica kept interrupting.

" is this some way to finally let me realize that I need you in my life? Huh? You're such an idiot selfish jerk!"  She yelled at him.

" Jessica, please calm down. " Eunhyuk tried to calm her but Hyoyeon pulled him away.

" Leave her. Its okay. " Hyoyeon whispered, watching Jessica release her anger.

" How? Donghae just got out of a coma, she'll cause him to go through stress or something!" Eunhyuk worriedly said.

" Dont worry, that's just a way of expressing her love. " Hyoyeon smiled. 

Eunhyuk looked at her with a confused expression and looked back at Jessica when Hyoyeon smirked. Jessica was in tears and burried her head into Donghae's chest.

" Why do you always think about yourself?" Jessica cried, " Did you ever think of how your family would feel? How I would feel? D-donghae.. I-if you died, I-I dont know what I'd do anymore.. " She continued to cry. " Why do you have to be so stupid.. " She weakly said.

Donghae was surprised at her words. He didnt say anything and just looked at Jessica who was hugging him. 

" You have to promise not to do that anymore.. " She spoke, " Please, promise me you'll never leave or do anything stupid again.. Promise.. " She whispered. 

Donghae was smiled at her. He put his arms around and held her tight, " I'll never leave, I promise you that. " He whispered to her and kissed her head. 

Jessica hugged him tighter. Even though his injuries were throbbing, he didnt care, he just missed her way too much. Donghae felt as if his life was complete now; he finally has his love. 

Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon smiled at the scene. They quietly left, not wanting to ruin the moment. 

" I missed you so much. " Jessica started. " You don't know how much I regretted pushing you away." she said in tears that fell on Donghaes chest.

" Of course I do because I regretted it more when I hurted you. " Donghae said, feeling that guilt again. 

Jessica hugged him tighter, but not too tight because of his wounds. She rested her head onto his chest while Donghae hugged her tight. They both stayed like this for a long time, enough time for Jessica to fall asleep in his arms. Donghae smiled and kissed her head. Right now, this was the happiest moment for him, even though he's in a hospital, badly injured, he didnt care, he was just happy that Jessica's finally back in his arms. He couldnt wait to kiss her as soon as she woke up, he missed those soft lips, even if he kissed it a day ago, he still missed her lips. He missed everything about her and now that he has her, he gets to tell her every single day that he does. Donghae watched her sleep on his chest with a smile on his face. From this moment on, he promised himself, he'll show her how much he loves her. 

 

Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon walked in at Donghae playing with his phone while Jessica slept in his arms. 

" She's a sleep?" Eunhyuk whispered, waving his hands on Jessica's face.

Donghae nodded with a smile.

" Good. She hasnt been sleeping for the past week. " Hyoyeon smiled at the couple. " Im so happy for both of you. " She suddenly said and clapped her hands like a fan girl. 

Because of Hyoyeon's sudden excitement, Jessica wrinkled her nose and moved closer to Donghae. 

" You'll wake her up. " Donghae said and hugged her tighter.

" AWEEEH\! " Hyoyeon couldnt keep her emotions in. 

" I think its better if she wakes up, we finally called your family. " Eunhyuk laughed, " They'll be coming in like 5 minutes."

Donghae frowned, not because his family was coming but because Jessica has to wake up from his arms. " Fine. " He mummbled. He slowly moved his arms that was under Jessica's head. 

" Hm.. " Jessica moaned and slowly opened her eyes. 

" Wakie wakie princess. " Hyoyeon chuckled, " His family's coming soon, get up. " She shook Jessica who looked annoyed. 

" Alright. " She mummbled. She then looked at Donghae who was smilling at her cute behaviour. Jessica didnt expect him to be looking at her so close, causing her to blush. 

The door suddenly opened to reveal Kai with a big smile. Thinking it was his parents, she paniced and fell on the ground.

" Are you okay?! " Donghae immediantly ask and was about to get up. 

" D-dont worry, Im fine. " She forced a smile as she rubbed her .

" HAHAHAHHAHA! " Hyoyeon laughed and pointed at her bestfriend. 

Jessica glared at her and got up before Donghae's family could see her on the floor. 

" So much for impressing them. " Eunhyuk mummbled, but was heard by Jessica. Of course, he recieved a glare from her. 

Donghae's family did the usual thing a family would do. They'd smother him, cry and tell him how much they love and missed him. Of course, Donghae's dad couldnt miss the one  thing he's been wanting to say to both Jessica and Donghae; he gave them his acception. Even though it wasnt needed, Jessica was still over whelmed about it. 

 

A week passed by and Donghae could finally get out of the hospital. He was still weak and had to get more rest. Of course, Jessica was there for him.She promised him and herself that she'd never let him go again and so she wont. Donghae appreciated her but he felt bad since she always had to take care of him. Finally, a full month passed and Donghae was finally allowed to go out. It was pretty long time for him since he was always in the house. His parents didnt want him going through stress so they locked him up, Donghae understood them and at least Jessica was allowed to come with him. 

Donghae still had a broken arm and his bruises were gone, but that didnt stop him from having fun. Since Jessica had always been taking care of him, he took her on dates everyday of the week, but there was one special date that Jessica couldnt forget, the proposal.

Donghae took Jessica out to a special dinner then went to the beach to walk around. He planned it pretty well since the beach had no one there, it was peaceful and the stars was in perfect place. The couple just walked around hand in hand and talked about random things. 

" Let's play 20 questions." Donghae suggested.

Jessica chuckled, " Why?" 

" Because we have nothing else to talk about." He shrugged.

" Alright, but can I go first?" She innocently asked and got a nod from Donghae." Uhm..How did you become a doctor after those stunts you pulled back then? " she laughed.

He smiled, " Simple, I had motivatation and determination." He proudly said.

" What was your motivation? " She asked.

" Sorry, can't answer. You already asked a question, it's my turn. " He gave her a sly smile.

Jessica frowned, " Fine, go ahead. " 

" Uhm.. Why do you sound like a dolphine when you scream?" He joked. He raised his hands to prepare a hit from Jessica but she stopped and glared at him. 

" You're lucky you're injured. " She stuck his tongue at him.

Donghae laughed, " Answer my question. " 

" How? " She scoffed, " I dont know, I just happen to have a high pitched voice?" She answered. 

He shrugged, " You're turn. " He chuckled at her. 

" What was your motivation to become a doctor?" She wondered.

" Easy, I wanted people that I love to be proud of me. " He smiled at her.

" People like me?" She inoccently smiled. 

" My turn. " He ignored her question and laughed, causing her to frown. Donghae chuckled, " Uh.. What do you like about me- Actually, let me rephrase that, what do you love about me?" He wiggled his eyebrows at her and pulled her into his arms as they walked.

Jessica giggled, " Uh, lets see.. The fact that your feelings for me didnt go away for the past 3 long years, so basically, your commitment. " She gave him a kind smile. 

Donghae proudly smiled, " I'll always be commited. " He said in a cocky tone and hugged her.

She laughed at him, " My turn... Uhm.. Have you ever been jealous of Eunhyuk?"

" Yeah. Of course." He said without hesitation.

Jessica opened but then closed it with a frown, " Im not even gonna bother asking why. " She mummbled.

Donghae chuckled, " My turn. have YOU ever been jealous of Hyoyeon?" 

She thought about it for a moment and nodded, " Yeah, I guess I was. " 

" Was? What do you mean?" 

" Sorry, my turn. "  Donghae frowned at her, which she laughed at, " Why are you jealous of Eunhyuk?" 

" Because he never felt what it really means to be rejected. " He admitted, making Jessica feel guilt and frowned. Of course, Donghae noticed it and held her hand tight. " And of course, having me as  bestfriend is something I'd get jealous of. " He slyly laughed.

" Nice cover up. " Jessica said with a fake smile but Donghae could tell she was guilty by her voice. 

" Come on, I didnt mean it that way. Of course I was sad you rejected me but you rejecting me made me realize that I always loved you. " He flashed her a kind and sweet smile. 

Jessica blushed and smiled at his comment. " Just ask your question already. " She shyly said. 

" Alright, same for me. Why were you jealous of Hyoyeon?" He asked. 

" Well.. I WAS jealous of her but now, Im not. Thats because she had someone by her side all the time while I was still alone, but now. " She looked up at Donghae who was smiling at her. " I have you. " She cutely smiled at him and gave him a quick peck on the cheeks. 

" Dont I just love this game. " He joked and put his arm around her as he held her tight while walking. 

" What do you like about me?" She asked using her aegyo. 

" Well, this is going to be a long answer. " He started, " 1. Your smile. 2. Your laugh. 3 Your voice. 4 You're beautiful. 5 You're dolphinr voice. 6 You- " 

" Okay, let me rephrase it, what's your favourite thing about me?" She stopped him. 

" Well... " He thought for a moment, " If I had to pick one favourite I'd have to say.. You're stubborness. " He laughed and poked her on the head. " 

" You have to give a reason! " She said like a child. 

He chuckled at her behaviour, " My favourite thing about you is your stubborness because it gets us into sooo much trouble but the end, it just basically proves how strong our relationship is. " 

Jessica smiled and didnt say anything. 

Donghae knew he couldnt buy time anymore and started asking serious questions. " W-what do you th-think of our relationship?" He nervously asked. 

Jessica knew he was nervous by the way he talks and stutters. but ignored it since she thought he was just shivering since the wind was pretty strong. " Easy. I think that our relationship will last a very very very very very long time. " She smiled at him. 

" Why though?" 

" Because - Wait, thats 2 questions. " She smirked which made him frown, " What do YOU think of our relationship?" 

" I think of it as a maze. " He answered. 

" Why a maze?" 

Donghae laughed, " Answer mine first. Why do you think we'll last long?" 

" Because of the painful things we've been through. I mean, we've been through so much and by the end, we end up together again. " 

" That's like my answer to yours. I think of it as a maze because we start off together, we get lost, we had trouble finding our ways, but by the end, we made it through. " 

Jessica and Donghae both smiled at therr similar answers. " Now, its my turn. D-do you - " Donghae was about to ask but Jessica stopped him.

" Yah, I didnt ask you a question yet. " She whined. 

" You basically did. The maze question. " He defended himself. 

" I didnt ask that, you answered it. " She pouted and crossed her arms. 

" But admit it though, you were gonna ask that. " He chuckled at her baby girlfriend. 

Jessica sighed, " Fine. Go ahead. " 

" Uh.. " He cleared his throat, " Y-you trust me right?" He awkwardly said. 

Jessica was taken back by the odd question and chuckoed " What? What kind of question is that? Of course I - "

Before she could finish, Donghae interuppted, " Im just asking, and by trust I mean, like.. Do you trust me enough that you can depend your life on me? Even in th-the future?" He nervously asked.

Jessica smiled, " Of course, I do. Yeah you did break my trust once, but that doesnt mean I cant trust you again. You proved your love many times, Im sure I can depend my life on you. " She smiled, showing her teeth. 

Donghae just smiled and nodded, but his smile was more of a forced and shaky smile.

Being his girlfriend, she knew something wasnt right. She stopped walking and faced Donghae. " You're acting weird. Something wrong? " She worriedly asked.

" Nothings wrong. I- " He tried to come up with something, but Jessica knew him too well.

" Come on, Hae. I know you. Answer my question. Honestly. " She looked at him.

Donghae let out a small breath to get rid of his nervous feeling. " C-can I answer that with a question then?" He slowly asked. 

Jessica confusely looked and him, but nodded after. 

He let out a big breath as he checked his pocket for a small hard box. Donghae slowly walked in front of Jessica, leaving her to wonder.

 " Donghae, what are yo- " She stopped talking when Donghae began to kneel down on one knee and took out a small box from his pants. She gasped and covered once she saw the ring.

" Jung Jessica, will you marry me?" Donghae finally asked, looking up into her brown but shocked eyes. 

Jessica didnt answer and just looked at Donghae with tears and shocked eyes. 

" Y-you dont have to answer right away, its just- Jessica, you've always been in my mind, even those 3 years without you. And now that I have you, I d-dont want to lose you. I know I may be taking things too fast since we just got back together but, I - I just dont want you disappearing from my life again.. I wanna be  there when you wake up, when you sleep, when you cry, when you laugh.. I wanna be with you for the rest of my life. You're probably having second thoughts about marrying a player but I promise you, I will never bring that guy back again, I'll always be the inoccent, non-player doctor you love." He said as Jessica let out a small smile after hearing the last odds words to put in a proposal speech. Seeing Jessica smile, it let him calm down a little. " Jessica, we've been apart for too long, but somehow, our feelings for each other, it never changed. Now, I dont know if that could convince you to marry me, but one thing's for sure is that... I love you, Jessica and I'll make you happy, I promise.. " He said, without looking away from her eyes. 

Jessica smiled, " You dont need to convince me. I've wanted to say yes when you pulled that ring, but you just wouldnt stop talking. " She widely smiled at him. 

Donghae jumped up, " Really? Yes? Yes? " He eagerly asked with a huge smile. 

Jessica nodded, laughing at her fishy boyfriend as her joyful tears came out again. 

" YEES! YOU HEAR THAT? " Donghae faced the ocean, " JUNG JESSICA IS NOW MY WIFE. JUNG JESSICA IS NO LONGER MY GIRLFRIEND, BUT MY FIANCE. YEEEES. Y-  He kept yelling until Jessica covered his mouth with her hand. 

" Yah, ya, there's people sleeping. " Jessica laughed. 

Donghae never dropped his smile and kept looking at her. " Oh yeah! " He exclaimed and just remembered to put the ring on her finger. He opened the box, took the ring and placed it onto Jessica's finger. 

While doing that, both smiled widely. As soon as he placed the ring, Jessica jumped on him and hugged him, placing her arms around his neck as her legs dangled off the ground. " You better be a good husband. " She joked. 

Donghae smiled at her and supported her legs by wrapping it around his waist. " And you better be a good wife.. Or maybe even a good mom. " He winked. 

Jessica laughed and gave him a passionate long kiss on the lips which he gladly responded to by kissing back. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

YAY! Finally done!! Sorry it was a long update and also, sorry that I ended the story.. BUUUT. IM CURRENTLY WRITING A STORY THAT INVOLVES A LOVE TRIANGLE BETWEEN EUNHYUK HYOYEON AND DONGHAE. Its called, COMPLICATED LOVE. 

Anways, thank you guys for reading this story!! Please keep subscibing me and my other stories :)) JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK.