Friends

Open Your Heart

Another day of Jessica's frustration to happen. She walks through the hallways of the hospital and finally arrives to the kids room. Before going in, she does her usual routine; she'd look through the small window on the door and look around the room. Seeing no sign of him, she shrugs and goes in. 

" Unnie/Noona! " The kids yelled to greet her.

" Annyeong, kids. " Jessica kindly smiled at them as she put her bags on the table. " So how have you guys been? Did you have lunch yet? " She smiled but her eyes were looking around. 

The kids smiled at each other than at Jessica, " Unnie! Oppa isnt here yet. " One of the girls said and giggled.

" Hm? What? Who isnt here? " Jessica looked at the kids with a clueless expression.

" Noona, stop acting. " One boy laughed, " We all know you have a crush on Donghae hyung. " He said, making all the kids giggle.

" Ani, ani! Who told you that? I have no such feelings towards Donghae! " She defended herself.

The kids smiled, " Mhm, okay then. " 

" If you dony like Oppa, why do we always see you stare at him most of the times? " A girl winked at her.

Before Jessica could speak, one of the girls spoke, " You dont have to deny it, Unnie. We think Oppa likes you too." She smiled.

" Yeah, we see him look at you all the time. " One of the boys laughed. 

One of the boys raised their hands, " If you think about it, you and Hyung are cute together. " He smiled.

Jessica pouted, " Yah, yah. Stop what you guys are thinking. " She started pushing the kids towards the story centre, " Lets just read... Please.. " She mummbled as the kids giggled.

The morning went by fast, Jessica did her usual thing and entertained the kids by singing, telling stories, playing games etc. For the first time, she liked her job, well, actually for the moment she liked her job because Donghae wasnt there yet. Although she was worried, she didnt admit it. Her eyes were always looking around the man. 

" Excuse me, Jessica-sshi. " Someone called her from behind. 

Jessica turned around and saw one of the nurses at the door. She got up the chair and gave her a kind smile, " Yes? " She asked. 

" Is Doctor Lee here? " The nurse asked. 

" Sorry, but he hasnt arrived yet. Do you need anything? " Jessica politely asked. 

" Well, we're doing a check up on one of the kids, Luhan and we need his files. " The nurse said as she looked at the paper in her hands. 

" Oh, I'll see if I can find it. " She kindly smiled, " Uhm, do you mind watching the kids for a while? " 

The nurse smiled, " Yes, of course. " 

Jessica smiled in return and started walking towards Donghae's office which was in the room.  She entered the office and looked around at first. 

" Hm, where would the files be.. " She mummbled to herself. She sat on the chair and spun around as she looked around the room. 

It was a decent sized room for a doctor. As usual, there would be a desk and a computer on it. 2 chairs in front of the desk for the visitors. Behind his desk was file drawers. There would pictures on the wall of health things and of course pictures of his family on his desk. Surprisingly, his desk wasnt mess. 

She spun to the file drawers and looked at it. There was about 4 file drawers next to each other. She frowned and was too lazy to look. Jessica ended up sighing and went to the first drawer. She opened all drawers in the first one without even looking. She moved on to the next 3 and didnt bother even looling properly. She gave up and sighed. When Jessica got off the chair, she accidently hit the desk with the chair, causing the mouse to move, turning on the the screen of the computer. 

She shrugged and decided to sit down to look on the computer. She clicked the picture, " Files. " Jessica rested her cheek on her palm as she looked, but what caught her attention was a file that said, " Jessica.Birthday. " She curiously looked at it and clicked it. 

A video popped out and played. 

It was a video of Donghae with a guitar, " Yah, Eunhyuk can you stop moving the camera! " He yelled.

Alright, sorry. " She heard Eunhyuk apologize.

Donghae sat on a chair that was in front of the camera and looked at it. " Anyways, Hey Jessica! " He waved, " So, uhm Happy Birthday, Sica!!!! You're finally 21! You can drink now. haha, Im just joking.. " He laugheded as he scratched the bacl of his head. " You know how I said I've been practising my guitar skills? Well.. I've been practising for you! I really hope you like this song. I spent some time writing on it and- " 

Donghae was cut off by Eunhyuk's fake cough. " I helped! " 

Donghae rolled his eyes, " Yeah, Eunhyuk helped, but I did most of it, " He smiled. "You have to admit it though, Eunhyuk. I actually did everything. " He smiled proudly. 

Eunhyuk didnt say anything but nodded the camera. 

"So anyways, this song I wrote, it describes how I feel for you... How you made me a better man.. So Im gonna shut up and si- Well, not exactly, shut up since Im gonna sing but, you know what I mean.  " Donghae widely smiled and got ready. He puts the guitar on his lap and smiled, " I hope you like it. " 

Donghae clears his throat and starts to play the guitar. He then starts to sing. 

" I'm the kind of guy 
That'll love to love you baby 
You're the kind of girl 
I would give up everything for 
Baby all I need is your loving all around me 
Oooo don't that sound kind of nice 
Hey yeah, there is just one thing 
That I need to ask you baby 
Can we take this kind of slow? 
Cause I don't want to mess up 
Never felt like this before 
And I feel I'm going crazy 
But I know I just can't live without you 

[Chorus] 
You make me wanna stand up tall 
Clean up my act 
Do what is right and be a better man 
Chang how I walk 
Change how I talk 
Even though this isn't really me 
But just as I am 
Do all I can with these two hands for you 
But I know I just can't make it alone 
Please be my lady 

[Verse 2] 
Crazy as it seems 
I have never been in love and 
Waited all my life 
Just to be here in this moment 
Take my breath away 
And my heart is beating faster 
Oooh is this what love's about 
Yeah yeah 
I promise I can be 
Everything you ever wanted 
If you give me just one chance 
To show you that I'm worth it 
Let me be your man 
And I swear you won't regret it 
Cause I know I just can't live without you 

[Chorus] 
You make me wanna stand up tall 
Clean up my act 
Do what is right and be a better man 
Change how I walk 
Change how I talk 
Even though this isn't really me 
But just as I am 
Do all I can with these two hands for you 
But I know I just can't make it alone 
Please be my lady, yeah yeah 
Hmmmmm ohhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhh" 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vso75gWtXUc   (pretend its Donghae.. haaha.) 

As Jessica watched in tears, she listened carefully to the song. It was her first stime hearing this since they broke up before her birthday. She couldnt stop her smile everytime Donghae would make a small mistake or would act cute. She listened word by word and each one made her tear up. Jessica didnt know why shes acting like this, she was suppose to hate  Donghae, but she knew she couldnt. She cant bring herself to hate the man who she loves so many years. 

Jessica wanted to listen more but decided to stop. She paused the video and wiped her tears. She was just looking at the screen which paused at Donghae who was smiling as he sang. Jessica looked at him; he looked so sincere, honest, inoccent...happy.  She didnt know why, but she missed this kinda Donghae, she didnt want the ' fake-smiling ' Donghae, she wanted the goofy, silly man back. 

Her thoughts were interuppted when she heard the door opened. Out of relfexes, she quickly closed the video and stood up. Jessica turned around and cleared . 

" Donghae.. I- uh, I was just looking for L-Luhan''s files. " She stuttered. 

Donghae looked at the computer then back at Jessica. He noticed she had teary eyes and wet cheeks. " Are you okay? " He ignored her excuse. 

Jessica nodded with a smile, " Yeah, Im fine. I just need Luhan's files. " 

Donghae wasnt convinced, but he knew there was no point in asking since she wouldnt say a thing. He nodded and walked towards the second file drawer. He opened it and took a moment to look for Luhan's files. 

" Here." He gave the files to Jessica. 

She gave a smile in return before walking out of the room. 

Donghae couldnt stop worrying about her. Her watched her talk to the nurse from his room. He sighs and decided to forget about it. He goes onto his cpmputer and notices something. He saw a cloesed video on the tabs. He clicked on it and was surprised it was the video of him singing to Jessica's birthday. 

Jessica didnt close the video but minimized it.

He looked at the video then looked back at the door that Jessica walked out. 

For the rest of the day, Donghae's been trying to talk to Jessica but it seems she was trying to avoid him. He wanted to talk to her so bad because he didnt want her to misuderstand anything. He eventually stopped, not wanting to make anything worse.  

 

The whole week past by quickly with Jessica's thoughts filled with Donghae and confusion while Donghae tries to talk to her. Jessica didnt want to think anymore about him, she wanted her mind to shut down, but her thoughts were filled with wonder. She knew where to get the answer and she went there. 

* Knock knock * 

The blonde woman opens the door to see her bestfriend with an obvious fake smile. " Jessica? What are you doing?" Hyoyeon cluelessly said. 

Jessica chuckled, " Can I not visit my bestfriend? " 

" Yeah but usually when you visit you either bring food or text me. " Her bestfriend shrugged. " Plus, you came over like 4 hours ago. " 

With no response Jessica shrugged and let herself in. " So where's the monkey? " She asked looking around.

" He's at Donghae's, why? " Hyoyeon asked as they both sat down on the couch in front of the TV. 

" Nothing, just asking. " She said as she took her whole attention on the TV. 

Hyoyeon let out a small laugh and looked at Jessica, " Im guessing you're here to ask Eunhyuk about the video? " 

Jessica was obviously shocked that she knew. She turned to face Hyoyeon with wide eyes, " How'd you know?" She asked.

" Oh please, Donghae's the bestfriend of Eunhyuk and Im the fiance of Eunhyuk. " 

" Oh yeah.." 

" So what were you going to ask him?" 

Jessica thought for a moment, " I  honestly dont know.. I just want to talk to him about it, you know since he was there. " 

" You know, if I were you, I'd let Donghae ease off. " Hyoyeon truthfully spoke. 

" What do you mean? " She tiltled her head. 

" What I mean is, maybe its time for you and Donghae to talk again, like be friends you know? " Hyoyeon suggested.

" its not that easy to do, Hyo. " Jessica rolled her eyes. 

" Whats not easy? telling him that you could be friends? " She laughed. 

" No, trusting him again. " Jessica quietly said with her head down. 

Hyoyeon immediantly stopped smiling, " Well, you dont have to give him all your trust, I mean, when you and I started being friends did I immediantly tell you all my secrets? " She asked, which Jessica shook her head at, " See, exactly, recieving trust takes time, no one's asking you to just it give to him. Just be friends first and from there on, you'll see if you could trust him. " 

Jessica shrugged, " Still, I mean what if he's acting again or something? " 

" And what if he's not? " Hyoyeon paused to let Jessica think, " You'll just have to risk it, Sica. Would you rather ignore the fact that you love Donghae and watch him fall in love with somebody else? " 

Jessica didnt say anything and kept quiet. 

" See, exactly. I know you, Jessica. You love him too much to ignore, in fact you're even hurting yourself for him. " Hyoyeon said with worried eyes. " Just start with being friends, thats all you have to begin with and we'll see how it goes. " 

 

Jessica drove home with Hyoyeon's words stuck in her mind. She knew Hyoyeon was right, she knew she had to move on, she cant keep ignoring Donghae forever. Jessica just refused to and ended up hurting herself. She wants to forgive Donghae, but she's scared, but with Hyoyeon words, she has no reason to rush in this.

 Recieving trust takes time..She thought. " Being friends with him, is something I cant do, but Im willing to.. " She said to herself. 

 

" Jessica! " A male voice called her.

Jessica knew that voice and sent the kids to the play area. She turned around and forced a smile, " Donghae. " 

Donghae suddenly froze. He was of course, shocked that she's finally talking to him. " Uhm, I just- I just wanted to ask yo- no, talk to you about the-the video. "He stuttered, looking into those inoccent brown eyes. 

" And what do you wanna talk about? " She raised her eyebrows. 

Donghae cleared his throat, " I just dont want you to misunderstand, I had no intentions of showing you. " 

Jessica gave him a confused look, " So you made the video, but had no intentions of showing me? " 

He immediantly got nervous once she said. Donghae shook his head, rapidly. " No-no! I m-meant, liike.. I was going to show you but we broke up before your birthday and- " After saying that, he realized what he said and stopped, " Im sorry, I didnt mean to speak of the past. " He bowed. 

Jessica adored his politeness and smiled, but once Donghae raised his head, she went back to her usual no expression, which was usually a glare. " I-is that all? " She asked.

Donghae nodded with his inoccent and sorry eyes. 

" Okay. " She shrugged and walked away to the kids. Donghae frowned and walked into his office. 

 

The morning went by and Jessica and her friends decided to go out for lunch. 

" Where's minho? He's taking forever. " Yuri groaned and slouched on the chair. 

" He's coming, stop being such a baby. " Key mummbled.

Yuri stuck her tongue at him, which Key did the same to her. " Oh! I see Minho hyung! " Sehun stood up from the chair and pointed at Minho who was opening the door. 

" You're late. " Jessica whined, " We're hungry! " 

Minho apologized, " Sorry! I got caught in work. " 

" Save your excuse for later! Im hungry lets go! " Sehun and Key pushed Minho out before he could even drop his things on the table. 

Yuri and Jessica laughed and followed as well. As they walked towards the door, Yuri accidently bumps into Donghae.

" Oh, sorry, Donghae! " Yuri apologized. 

" Its okay. " Donghae smiled. Jessica carefully looked at him and knew his smile was a fake. 

Donghae and Jessica have an awkward eye contact before looking away, " Uhm, okay.. " Yuri interuppted the awkward atmosphere. " We'll see you around Donghae! " She waved and dragged Jessica, who was watching Donghae enter. 

" W-wait. " Jessica stopped Yuri, making her wonder.

" What? Forget something? " Yuri asked.

Jessica looked at Donghae through the window in the staff room and looked back at Yuri. 

Yuri laughed, " So you like him, dont you? " 

Jessica immediantly opened to deny it, but Yuri spoke first, " No need to ask for permission, just go! " She pushed Jessica into the room. 

Jessica cursed under her breath, but looked at the confused Donghae who was sitting on the chair with coffee in his hand, " Uhm.. Come with us. We're going out for sushi. " She quietly said and left. 

Donghae sat their for a moment, looking at the door where Jessica left off. Is she joking.. or what.. Nah, she would've came back if I didnt say anything. Donghae thought and frowned. 

He was about to drink his coffee when she came in, " If you're not going, its fine, but we made a reservation for 6 people, but one of our friends is missing. Just come, they'd want you to. " Jessica said, but with more of a friendly tone. After speaking, she immediantly walked away again. 

Donghae smiled widely and immediantly stood up. He ran to Jessica, who didnt look at him but continued to walk. Donghae leaned over to look at her, only to see a small curl at the end of . Donghae smiled and just quietly walked beside Jessica, filled with fireworks in his stomache.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yayayy! Finally Donghae and Jessica are friends, ahha, or at least getting along now. Sorry for the late update though, I've been busy lately. But you guys like the ending though right? Hah, I doooo! So tell me what you thiiiink!