Be Honest 2

Open Your Heart

" Oppa? " Jessica called Donghae. " I-is it true? " She asked again, making him nervous every second.  He was sweating every second, his knees were shaking with his eyes. He opened his mouth but no words came out.

Jessica held her breath as she waited for his answer. Her heart kept beating faster when she saw Donghae hesitate. 

Donghae didnt know what to do. He tried to avoid eye contact but Jessica kept staring at him. Half of him wanted to tell the truth but the other was saying the complete opposite. 

" Jessica.. " He finally spoke. He took Jessica's hand and stared deep into her eyes. " I..   " Yes, I did make a bet. "  I didnt make any bet. " He lied. He cursed to himself and called himself a coward in his head. Im sorry. Jessica.. 

Jessica let out a sigh of relief. She kissed Donghae on the cheek, " Im sorry I asked that.. I just- I just... I didnt know what to say.. Im sorry. " She apologized, making him guilty.

" Ani, dont worry about it. I understand. " He forced a smile. 

" I feel bad.. I should've never asked you that.. I mean I am your girlfriend, I should've never believed Jay. " She sadly said, making him more and more guilty. 

" I understand why you had to ask that. D-dont feel bad. I-its a good thing if you l-let it out. " He stuttered and forced a smile.

Jessica let out a small laugh. " I wont do that again. I promise. I trust you.  " She smiled at her boyfriend and locked her pinky with his. 

Im really sorry, Jessica. I had to... Im such a coward.. Donghae thought as he smiled at Jessica. 

 

" Why would you say that? " Eunhyuk answered with a question and laughed. Donghae, you owe me big time.. 

" Its just.. Well apparently, Jay told Jessica that he heard Donghae's friends talking about the bet.. And well.. I dont want Jessica hurt.. " Hyoyeon worriedly said. " So I just wanted to make sure. "

" What do you mean? " 

" I mean, you are his bestfriendand well.. I know what kind of a guy you are. " SHe smiled. " You would tell the truth right? Even if you know its wrong? " She held Eunhyuk's hand and smiled. " So its not true right? " She asked but Eunhyuk didnt say anything. She frowned and spoke. " Dont worry, I know what you're thinking; Im not going to think like that about you. I know you're a good guy, you wouldnt lie. " She smiled. 

He forced a laugh and spoke. " Jay was just lying. Donghae wouldnt do that. " He finally answered. 

Hyoyeon immediantly believed it since it was coming from him. " Good.. I just.. I have to protect Jessica this time. " She smiled at Eunhyuk. " 

Donghae, you really really really owe me this one. He thought as he smiled back at Hyoyeon. 

" Im really sorry for putting you in that spot. " She apologized. " I knew you wouldnt lie to me, especially when its something wrong to do. Plus, you have to admit it, Donghae was a player back then.. " She laughed as he forced a small, nervous laugh. " Its a good thing I have you. " She smiled and hugged him. 

They both seperated when Hyoyeon recieved a text message. She took her phone out of her pocket and read it with Eunhyuk. 

It was fake :)  that stupid Jay was just lying!! Jessica texted. 

Hyoyeon smiled at the text, imganing how happy Jessica is right now. As for Eunhyuk, he frowned when he saw it. 

 

Eunhyuk and Donghae dropped of their girlfriends at their class since they had a spare block. The 2 bestfriends decided to go to the school's music department's dancing studio.

" Guess what Hyoyeon asked me today. " Eunhyuk said as he took off his jacket. 

" I know, Jessica told me. " Donghae said with his head down. 

Eunhyuk could tell he saw guilty for lying because of his behaviour. " When are you going to tell her the truth? " He asked.

" I dont know.. I just cant right now.. She might hate me. " 

" You should've thought of that before you even made the bet. " 

" I honestly didnt know this would happen though... Me and Jessica.. " He said as he started stretching.

" Wait.. So you regret being with her? " Eunhyuk raised his eyebrows.

" Ani, I meant I regret making that bet. " 

" You know could've just backed off the bet, but no, you decided to keep going because of your pride. " 

" You're really not helping right now. " 

" Well what do you want me to say? " Eunhyuk started getting annoyed and angry. " I just lied to my girlfriend because I didnt want my stupid bestfriend to get caught. " 

" I know and Im sorry. I'll think of something okay? " He tried to calm his bestfriend.

" No, just stop. Everytime you say that, we always end up getting into some kind of mess. " Eunhyuk got up and couldnt control his anger. " If anything happens to Hyoyeon and I, Im blaming it all on you. " He said and walked away.

Donghae sighed and felt guilty. Hearing his own bestfriend yelling at him made him feel worst at that moment. He scratched his head in frustation, got up and went to the bathroom.

As soon as Donghae exited the room, a random student came in. He looked around for Eunhyuk and Donghae but they werent there. There was only 6 people in one big dance room. I dont think anyone would notice... The guy thought. 

He casually walked to the back of the room and waved to the other students. He looked around, looking for something. As soon as he found the bag he was looking for, he quickly bend down and looked through it. 

After a few seconds of going through a random bag, he finally found a phone. He pressed a few buttons on it and quickly put it back in its original spot. 

" Excuse me? what are you doing? " He heard a voice behind him.

He turned around and saw Eunhyuk holding 2 water bottles. " Uh.. I was.. I lost my phone. I thought it would be under the bags here. " The guy laughed. Eunhyuk got suspicious and looked behind him, which were his and Donghae's bags. He then stared at the guy, making him nervous. " Well, I gotta go. My class is staring. " The guy forced a nervous laugh and walked away.

" Who was that? " Donghae came in who passed the guy.

" I think he's one of Jay's friends. " Eunhyuk curiously said and watched him leave.

 

" Did you do it? " Jay said to the guy.

" Yup, you owe me man. I almost got caught. " The guy said who sat beside Jay in the classroom. " Do you even think this plan would work?  I mean what if Donghae doesnt accept the money? "

"  If he doesnt accept the money then he didnt. All I need is a picture of them giving him the money." Jay smirked. 

 

After dancing, both Eunhyuk and Donghae quickly changed their clothes and waited for their girlfriends outside of their class. Since the 2 bestfriends had an arguement well, since Eunhyuk is still pissed at Donghae, the atmosphere was a little awkward, but only for Donghae. 

" Hey, oppa. " Hyoyeon and Jessica came out with smiles on their face. They both hugged their boyfriends who smiled back. 

Knowing theire boyfriends, they noticed they were quieter than usual. " Did something happen? " Jessica asked, looking at Eunhyuk and Donghae.

" Ani, nothing's wrong.  Why would you say that? " Donghae asked, making Eunhyuk roll his eyes.

" Well, you guys seem so.. awkward. " Hyoyeon laughed.

" Hyoyeon, can you come with me? I still need to finish my book report in the library. " Eunhyuk forced a smile at Hyoyeon. SHe nodded and took her boyfriend's hand. 

" Sure, but I thought we were watching a movie after school? " Hyoyeon asked.

" Yeah, Donghae and I talked about that. We decided to have some alone time with our girlfriends. " Eunhyuk smiled and walked off with Hyoyeon's hands, making her follow. Hyoyeon just laughed, thinking that he's excited for their alone time.

Jessica laughed at the couple and took Donghae's hands. " So I guess we'll be watching the movie alone? " 

" Yeah, I guess. " He forced a laugh.

Jessica frowned at his reaction. " We can do something else if you want.. I mean - " SHe started with a sad tone but Donghae cut her off.

" Aniyo! Its not that! " He forced a smile. " I .. I just uh I just remebered I forgot my wallet at home. " He nervously laughed.

" Oh, well thats no problem. We'll just drop by you're house then. " Jessica smiled. 

 

Eunhyuk looked up at his girlfriend who was leaning her head on her palm. She was tapping the pencil on the table with such a bored expression; she was frowning and her eyes were half closed. Eunhyuk couldnt help but laugh at his adorable girlfriend. He took out his phone and took a picture of her. He stared at the picture, causing him to chuckle.

" Yah, whaaaaaat are you laughing at? " Hyoyeon said who yawned.

Eunhyuk chuckled and show her his phone. " Looks, it my new wallpaper. " He smiled and showed the picture of Hyoyeon.

" Yah! Delete that! " She tried to take the phone away but he quickly retrieved it back, making her pout. 

" You're cute, you know that? " Eunhyuk laughed. 

" This is all your fault.. " She whined. " I thought we were doing something fun but instead, we're here, in the library.. "

" Sorry, Hyo, but I just have to finish this then we'll go out. " He smiled. " But, it'll be a lot faster if you help me. " He used his aegyo on her. 

Hyoyeon laughed and put her hands on his face and pushed it away, making him pout. She couldnt take her boyfriend's aegyo and laughed. " Fine.. Aish, why do you always procasinate. " Hyoyeon said and took his notebook and started helping him.

" Thanks Hyo~~ " He gave her a gummy smile and kissed her cheeks.

Hyoyeon laughed and pushed his face away. " You know.. Your smile right now is cuter. "She said as she smiled at him then back to his paper. 

" What do you mean? " 

" Oppa, I know you. " She looked up at him. " You and Donghae had a fight, didnt you? " She asked as Eunhyuk's smile disappeared into a frown. " Come on, tell me. "

" Dont worry about it. " He forced a smile.  

" How am I not suppose to worry about it if my boyfriend's depressed? "

" Im not depressed, I was smiling just a minute ago. " He smiled.

" That was because you forgot about it for a moment. What happens when you remember it again? " She asked, making him frown. " See. Now come on, tell me." 

Eunhyuk just forced smile. " Im fine, just dont worry about it. It was just a small arguement, we have fights all the time but we end up making up right? " 

Hyoyeon sighed at her boyfriend. " Fine, dont tell me then. " She pouted.

" I'll tell when Im ready okay? " He smiled. 

 

" What happened? Between you and Eunhyuk? " Jessica asked as they walked through the hallways of the school.

" Nothing, we just got into a little arguement. " Donghae smiled as if nothing is wrong.

" About what? "

" Its nothing, dont worry about it."

" Come on~~~ Maybe Hyoyeon and I could help. " She smiled.

" Ani, you guys shouldnt. We're okay, dont worry. Plus its between me and Eunhyuk, we should fix it ourselves."

Jessica pouted since her boyfriend wouldnt say anything. " Alright.. But if you need help, Im here. " She smiled and clinged onto Donghae's arm.

Donghae forced a smile at her. Everytime he looked at her, he couldnt help but feel guilty. " I-Im just going to the washroom. Meet at my car okay? " He smiled as he gave her his car keys.

" Neh! " She cutely said and walked away,

 

After doing his business, Donghae washed his hands and was about to exit the washroom and his 2 friends came in.

" Wow, you're early. " Yongguk laughed as he saw Donghae.

" What are you talking about? " Donghae tlited his head.

" You texted us after lunch. You wanted the money. " Seungri frowned and took out his wallet.

" I did? Since when? " Donghae tilted his head once again.

" Yah! Stop doing that. I know what you're thinking. " Youngjae said and took out his money.

All 3 gave the money to Donghae, who blankly stared at it. " I never texted you though. I cant accept that."

" Really? " Seungri smiled and was about to put his money away when Yongguk stopped him.

" Yah, yah! You're doing it again. You'll make us believe that you forgot about it and by next month, you'll double the money. " Yongguk frowned when he remembered the last bet they made. " Just take it. " He offered the money.

" I actually didnt text you though. " Donghae shook his head.

" Yeah, you did. " Youngjae said and took out his phone. He pressed a few buttons before showing it to Donghae.

Tell the rest to bring the money. I need it by today. Meet me in the washroom at 3:30. Donghae tlited his head, he looked at the top o the screen and saw his name Lee Donghae.

" But, I never texted that though. " Donghae mummbled.

" Just stop pretending. " Seungri laughed. " Just take it." He offered his money.

" But I cant do that."

" Yes, you can. Just stop acting. Jessica isnt here. " Youngjae laughed. 

" Plus you did the bet already. So here. " Youngguk laughed. He took Youngjae's and Seungri's money and put them together. He offered them to Donghae, who hesitated.

Donghae thought for a moment and stared at the money. After a few moments of thinking, he smiled and happily took the money. " Thanks. " He smiled and counted the money which was, $300. 

" Told you not to fall for his trick. " Seungri laughed as he said that to Youngjae and Youngguk. 

During the scene, someone outside the window, was watching them as he took pictures. The guy smirked at his camera and secretly glared at Donghae before leaving. 

 

As a few days passed, everything was almost good. Eunhyuk and Donghae still hasnt been getting along very well.When Eunhyuk found out he accepted the money, everythine got worst. Eunhyuk yelled at him for doing it and hasnt been talking to him since then. They dont talk as much as before, making Jessica and Hyoyeon worried. Donghae would always try to fix it between them, but Eunhyuk wouldnt listen to him even he explained why he took the money. 

Jessica smiled at her classmates as she entered her school. As soon as she opened her locker, a picture came out. She couldnt see the picture since it was turned over but she saw writings in the back. She picked it up and read it in her mind. 

See, I told you.Donghae's just playing with you. They gave him the money. The writing said. She flipped the picture and saw Seungri, Youngguk, and Youngjae giving money to Donghae's hand.

Jessica frowned but then her eyes soon turned to anger. She literally threw her books in her locker and slammed it. She stomped in the hallway with the picture. Everyone, I mean everyone got out of her way. Everyone knows that if you see the Jung Jessica in the hallways with eyes full of anger, you need to back off. 

Jessica stomped into a classroom, getting everyone's attention. She looked around the room, not caring if everyone was staring at her. Her eyes finally found the person who was with his friends in the back of the room, laughing. She stomped in front of and slammed the picture on his desk, scaring him.

The guy looked up to see the furious Jessica. " Jessica, Y- "

" JAY, WILL YOU STOP WITH THIS?! " Jessica yelled with anger, getting everyone's attention. 

" Calm down, Im just trying to warn y- " Jay tried to explain but Jessica cut him off.

" YOU'RE TRYING TO WARN ME?! " She yelled. She paused when she realized the room was quiet. SHe looked around and saw everyone looking at her. She mummbled a few words under her breath and dragged Jay outside the room. 

" Ow.. You certainly got stronger. " Jay said as he rubbed his arm that had a red mark.

" Jay, you're really staring to piss me off. " Jessica said with anger. 

" Jessica, Im just trying to warn you okay? I saw hi- "

" Well stop ' warning ' me because the last time you ' cared ' for me, I ended up getting hurt. "

" I know but- "

" But nothing! Just stop with this. I already asked him and I trust his words. So stop trying to convince me! " She yelled and threw the picture at him. 

" He could be lying, Jessica. Why would he take the money if he didnt make any bet? " He asked as he picked up the picture and pointed to the money.

" I dont know, maybe he might've borrowed the money? Or they could've paid him back. " She kept glaring at him as she said it with such annoyed voice.

Jay laughed. " Are you stupid? Jessica, who ' borrows' money so secretly? In the washroom? " He laughed but immediantly stopped when he felt a hard force on his cheek, making him turn his head a little.

Jessica slapped him with such anger. " You call me stupid? If anyone of us is stupid is should be you. You're the one, trying to break up a couple! "

" Im just telling the truth! He made a bet about you! " He kept trying to convince him.

Jessica sighed but still glared at him. " Donghae is my boyifriend, Jay. Not you. Yes, he was a player back then but he isnt now. He's my boyfriend that I love...which means I trust him and which means you have to off because I know he wont hurt me. " She said and walked away. 

Jay was shocked that Jessica swore at him, but his attention caught Donghae. Jay laughed. " So how long have you been there huh? " He asked but Donghae didnt say anything and watched Jessica, who was already far. " I guess you heard the whole thing then? " He laughed and came closer to Donghae. " You heard what she said right? She trusts you because she loves you very very very much. Doesnt that make you feel guilty?" He smirked. Jay waited for an answer but he said nothing. He walked away with a sly laugh and put his hands in his pocket reaching for his phone. 

Donghae obviously got mad and clenched his hands. " I dont want you near Jessica. " He threatened him.

" Why? Are you worried that she might believe me? " He turned around and smirked.

" Because I dont want guys like you near her. "

" Then shouldnt YOU back off? You are the one who's playing with her. " He smirked. Donghae couldnt take his anger anymore and grabbed Jay's collar and pinned him on the wall. " Are you gonna punch me now? Huh? " He taunted.

" I swear, get away from Jessica. " He said with eyes full of anger.

" Why should I? Im the one who's trying to protect her while you're the who's playing with her. " He kept taunting him. " Come on, Donghae admit it. This whole relationship started with a bet. Nothing more but money was in your head. " He said, still holding his phone behind his back. 

" I already admitted that this whole thing began with a bet but I love her now. And I will protect her from guys like you."

" Try explaining that to Jessica. " Jay smirked and pushed him away, keeping his phone by his side. " Jessica, the one who's been though so much because us men. So do you think that she'll believe you if you tell her you still love her after all this time? " He asked, making Donghae shut up. " Or were you gonna keep it from her? " Jay raised his eyebrows. Donghae didnt say anything, causing Jay to laugh. " How long do you think you can hide it from her? Till you guys break up?.... Or till you get a better girl? "

Once again, he didnt anything and just stared at Jay with the same angered eyes. " If Jessica and I break up, I swear I will- "

" You'll what? Beat me up? Kill me? " Jay smirked. " Donghae, lets just admit that if you and Jessica break up, it'll  be all your fault. No one else, but you. " He kept smirking and started walking away. " You better tell her the truth, Donghae, it'll be bad if she finds out. " He said with a sly smile as he waved his phone in front of Donghae before getting to his class. 

Donghae was wide eyed. He immediantly ran to the direction Jessica was. No.. No..She cant know.. This cant be happening.. No.. No.. No.. He kept thinking in his head. His heart kept beating fast as he ran through the hallways and his hands started sweating. His heart suddenly stopped when he saw Jessica putting books in her locker, but his heart started beating when he heard her sniff.

" J-Jessica..? Ar-are you okay? " Donghae nerviously asked coming closer to her.

It took a moment for Jessica to turn around with a smile. " I-Im fine. " She said and closed her locker.

" W-were you crying? " He stuttered.

Jessica forced a laugh. " I-is it that obvious? " She said as she wiped her tears. " I - I just had a talk with Jay and well, I got a little emotional there. " 

" Oh.. " Donghae said as he let out a sigh. He let out that big, heavy weight off his shoulders. He gave her a small smile, came close to her and wiped her tears away. " Well, dont worry. I wont let him hurt you. " 

Jessica smiled and let it his hands down. " I have to get to class. I'll see you later. " She smiled and walked away. 

Donghae found it weird that she just left like that, but right now he didnt care. He was just happy that Jessica didnt hear but was a little pissed that Jay tricked him. 

 

As 2 weeks passed, Donghae and Eunhyuk are starting to get along again, but Donghae and Jessica werent. Jessica has been weird around Donghae; she's always so quiet now and when she's with her friends, her mind seems to be somewhere else. Even Hyoyeon doesnt know what's going on. She tries to ask Jessica but she always changes the subject. 

Since Donghae was worried about Jessica, he decided to take her out for dinner. 

" Thank you. " Donghae smiled at the waiter, who lead them to their table. He smiled but soon frowned when he saw Jessica's fake smile. " Sica, if there's something wrong, you know you can tell me. " He said as he held her hand.

Jessica took her hand back and forced a smile. " This resturants nice. " She changed the subject.

Donghae face dropped. " Was there something I did? " He asked.

" So when are we going to order? " She ignored him and forced a smile. 

" Jessica, please look at me when you're talking. I need to know whats wrong. " He worriedly asked. 

" I have to go to the washroom, I'll be ri- " She tried to stand up but Donghae held her hand tight, making her sit down again with a frown.

" Jessica, please tell me whats wrong. You've been like this for weeks. " 

Jessica sighed and looked at Donghae straight in the eye. " Do you know why I cant look at you when you ask if Im okay? " She suddenly asked. 

Donghae shook his head as an answer. 

" Because I cant look at someone I love and lie to them. " She said with such a sad tone. She took a big breath and looked Donghae in the eye. " Im going to ask you one more time....Did you make a bet about me? " She slowly asked.

Donghae started sweating and his eyes started shaking. He couldnt stop shaking his knee and tapping his foot. He tried avoiding Jessica's eyes, but couldnt since she was staring down on him. 

" Donghae, did you? " She kept staring at him. 

Donghae sighed, " W-why would you ask that question again? D-didnt I already answer t-that? " He stuttered as he looked at her.

" Yes, but I just want to make sure. " She answered. " So did you? " 

Donghae forced a smile hoping that Jessica would smile as well, but all she had was a serious face. " No, Jessica, I never made a bet. " He said.

" Look at me in the eye when you're saying that. " Jessica demanded. 

" I am. " He forced a nervous smile. 

" You're looking at my forehead. " 

" No, Im not. "

" Donghae, Im not in a mood to joke. Just look at me in the eye and say you're answer again. " 

Donghae sighed and hesitated to look at her eyes. It took a few seconds when they finally made eye contact. He opened his mouth but no words came out. Jessica raised her eyebrows, waiting for an answer. He stared deep into her eyes and held her hand. " Jessica, I never made a bet about you, okay? " He smiled.

Jessica frowned and sighed. She let out a small chuckle and retrieved her hands back. She took her purse, stood up and walked away from the speechless Donghae. 

Donghae quickly got back to his senses and immediantly went chasing for Jessica who was already opening the exit door. " Wait! Jessica! " He held her hand, stopping her. " What's the matter? I answered your question. "

Jessica let a laugh and turned around to reveal her tears. " You're a liar, Donghae. " She spoke and yanked her hands away. " I know about the bet. "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ooooh! Donghae's busted!!! Wait til the next chapter! I hope you enjoyed this one!!! 

By the way, HAVE YOU SEEN HYOYEON, KAI AND LAY'S DANCE PERFORMANCE? I LITERALLY COULDT STOP FANGIRLING OVER HERE! I'VE WATCHED IT LIKE 10000000000 TIMES AND STILL NEVER GET TIRED! HYOYEON WAS SO CUTE... AND HOT! WE HAVE TO ADMIT IT RIGHT? HYOYEONNIE'S PERFECT OMG!!! MY EYES WERE LIKE GLUED TO HER!! SORRY KAI AND LAY, BUT HYOYEON WAS TOO HOT AT THAT MOMENT :/ AND KAI AND LAY WERE SO BOSS WHEN THEY DANCED! IF ONLY EUNHYUK WAS THERE! but it how the music was cut though :( BUT THEY CONTINUED LIKE PROFESSIONALS! 

EUNHYUK, KAI, LAY AND HYOYEON = THE PERFECT DANCE UNIT... OMG! LET THAT HAPPEN SM!!! 

Sorry, had to  let that out... :) Im usually not like this.. My fangirling happens rarely.. Here''s the performance by the waaay :)))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mYh6ClOKoE - Hyoyeon, Kai and Lay's dancing performance!!