Strangers

Open Your Heart

Donghae watched her actions carefully. As soon as he heard the name Jessica, his heart started beating. He looked at her and focused in every detail. When she turned around, he was able to see that smile of hers for a second; it already made his day. His day was immediantly ruined when her smile dropped into a frown and her eyes changed into anger. 

" Donghae.. " She mummbled, loud enough for Bora and Donghae to hear.

" Jessica. " Donghae still managed to say. His eyes still widen and his heart kept beating.

Jessica glared at him for a minute then forced a kind smile. " Annyeong. " She cheerfully waved.

" You guys know each other? " Bora asked.

" Yeah, we - " Donghae was cut off.

" Ani, we dont really know each other. Just our names, he was the one to show me where the washroom was. " Jessica smiled at Donghae then at Bora.

" Okay! At least we can skip the introductions. " Bora clapped and smiled. " So anyways, like I said, you 2 will be working together as partners since I will be absent for a few months. " She smiled as she rubbed her stomach. 

" Uhm, may I ask when you're final day is? " Donghae asked, still not taking his eyes off Jessica.

" Today was suppose to be my last day, my I couldnt just leave the kids. " Bora smiled as she looked at the kids playing.

" You dont have to worry about them, " Jessica kindly smiled, that made Donghae fall in love with her all over again. " They'll be good in hands, we promise you that. "

" I know they will. " Bora smiled at Donghae and Jessica. " I heard Donghae-sshi was a great doctor back in China. " She praised him. 

Donghae gave a short laughed, " A-ani, Im just a beginner. "

" Then you must be a great beginner for someone who got transfered here in Korea. " She smiled at him, " Plus, I dont mean to bring the past but I heard you were a.. well.. not so good of a student back in college. " 

Jessica snorted with a laugh as Donghae rubbed the back of his neck and forced a shy laugh. " W-who told you? " 

" My husband, Jay. " She smiled and chuckled. 

Donghae was of course surprised hearing that Jay was Bora's husband. " Chinja?! " 

Bora laughed at his reaction, " Aha, this must be a shocking moment for you since I heard you and him used to be enemies. " 

" Did he mention why we were enemies? " Donghae raised his eyebrows. Jessica couldnt help but immediantly turned to look at Donghae with a shocked expression. She continued to glare at her which made Donghae smile a little. 

Bora laughed and looked at Jessica, " He might've told me some stories. " 

Jessica forced a small and nervous laugh, " what exactly did Jay tell you? " 

" Dont worry, he didnt tell me much. I knew it was personal, " Bora kindly smiled. " Sorry, my husband could be a gossiper. "  Both Donghae and Jessica gave a short laugh. " Sorry, didnt mean to make it awkward.. " She frowned.

" Ani, you didnt. Dont worry. " Jessica smiled, " Plus I never talk about the past, so I guess this was a good review. "

" Review for what? " Bora tilted her head. 

Jessica smiled, " Nothing. " A review about stupid Donghae.  

 

After having a tour around the hospital, it was finally 11 o'clock meaning it was break time for her. She was welcomes in the staff room, but only for a short amount of time. The other employees had to leave since their break was over, leaving her alone. Her job officialy starts at 12, so she decided to stay in the staff room and sleep for a while.

" Aha, alright, I'll see you later. " Donghae said as he came in the staff room. He waved to his friend before entering in. As he entered, his wide smile was slowly fading away when he noticed the girl he so much loves sleeping on the couch. His smile came back when he looked at her face. 

The beautiful face he missed so much. Her brown hair, her voice, her smile, everything about her, made his day today. It was like a dream for him, watching his love one without her killing him. He smiled at the thought and started walking towards her. He quietly moved a chair next to the couch and sat on it while watching Jessica.

He slowly moved the lock of hair that was falling on her face. He moved it to the side and enjoyed the view of her. He smiled at her face, her flawless face. Sometimes he'd always wonder if she's wearing make up or not. Sometimes he'd wonder how he could be so lucky to know her, but he'd always wonder if she'll ever forgive him. 

Donghae couldnt help but smile. He continued to look at her until Jessica's eyes suddenly opened.

Jessica opened her eyes, causing Donghae to immediantly get up and grabbed the nearest cup which was a plastic small cup by the table and pretended to drink. 

Jessica sat up and glared at Donghae. " What the hell were you doing? " She hissed. 

Donghae's heart began to beat. " W-w-what are you talking about? " He put the cup down. " I-I was just drinking."

" Yeah, right. " She glared at him. She stood up, pulled the hem of her shirt to make it neat and walked passed Donghae. 

" W-wait. " Donghae stuttered and held her wrist to stop her. 

Jessica immediantly took her hand away, making him frown. His sudden touch didnt stop her and she continued to walk away. 

" Im sorry. " Donghae apologized, making her finally stop walking out of the room. " About everything, e-especially about.. About 3 years go. " 

Jessica forced a small laugh and turned to glare at Donghae. She continued to glare at him, which didnt stop Donghae from staring at her in the eye. She started walking towards him as he kept his ground.

" Let me get this straight, " Jessica spoke in a tone, " You break my heart, run away to China, then you come back and apologize? " She raised her eyebrows at him, " Do you really think that could make everything better? Just come back and say sorry?!"

Donghae immediantly denied and shook his head. " Aniyo! I just wanted you to know that I AM sorry. " He spoke with innocent eyes. 

She forced another laugh, " So, thats it? ' im sorry'? " She raised her eyebrows. 

Im sorry that I broke your heart, Im sorry that I walked away from you when I should've tried to get you back. Im sorry that I lied. Im sorry... Im sorry that you love me.. Im sorry for everything.. Im sorry that I came back in your life.. Donghae opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out, making her chuckle. He thought that he was prepared for this; he always thought of something to say to her when this moment comes, but nothing came out of his mouth. 

" Wow, so thats it huh? " She chuckled. " Nice to know that you're sincere." She forced a kind smile and walked away from him. Before she left the room she turned to Donghae, who kept staring at her. " Lets not talk about this again. You and I will be working together, so I dont want to talk about what happened 3 years ago or what happened now. Just act like we're strangers. Thats something you can do right? " She said and opened the door. Jessica walked out but before she closed the door, she looked back at him, sighed anc walked away. 

Donghae was left in the staff room close to tears. He clenched onto the pocket of his white doctor's coat and tightly closed his eyes. Why did I even come back..? He thought. He sighed and opened his eyes to look at the door where Jessica left, " If thats what you want. We'll be strangers then.. " He said to himself. 

 

 

 

 

 

Such a sad ending... Poor Donghae :( At least he saw Jessica? 

Aha, anyways tell me what you think! :)))

I just started on my new story called, Complicated Love. Please read it! :)    http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/631292/complicated-love-donghae-drama-eunhyuk-hyoyeon-hyohyuk-hyohae