Making Up.

Open Your Heart

Everyone was silent in the car. Kai drove but was still concerned about Krystal. He kept looking at Jessica who also had the same expression on her face. Yes, Kai was used to this, he knew that Jessica would be like this since Krystal and her fight on the phone all the time. 

Kai dropped them off at a house that Jessica and Krystal's aunt and uncle bought for the sisters. Both Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk lived near by since they were getting married and since their parents also helped with the whole house-moving thing. 

" Uhm.. Hyoyeon-sshi, Eunhyuk-sshi, do you guys want to get dropped off at your house or ..? " Kai awkwardly asked as Jessica and Krystal started getting off the car. 

Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk made eye contact and both nodded at their telepathy conversations. " Its okay, we'll be staying here for now. " Eunhyuk smiled at Kai. 

Kai nodded and went outside to help with the luggages. 

 

" Arent you tired? Its 3 in the morning. " Hyoyeon said and sat beside Jessica who was staring at the turned off TV in the living room. 

" I should ask you the same question. " Jessica got back to her senses.

" I came here to get water. " She answered. " Do I even need to ask you why you're not sleeping? " 

Jessica shrugged and took her water from Hyoyeon and drank some. 

" She wont even look at me. " Jessica started as she put the glass of water on the table. " How do you think I should apologize to her? " 

" Well first of all, she doesnt need to look at you for you to say something. She could still hear you. And second of all, who cares how you apologize to her, just do it. " 

" I cant though.. "

" How come? "

" Because everytime I try to talk to her, she'll just walk away. " Jessica sighed. " I should just give up.. "

" Are you stupid? Dont give up. " Hyoyeon lightly slapped her on the arm. " Giving up will make it worse. The important thing is that she knows that you;re trying to apologize. If you give up, she'll think you dont care. "

" But I do care! I just- I just cant.. Argh, I dont even know anymore.. Im so stupid. "

" Well, you're right about being stupid. " Hyoyeon mummbled. " Just go apologize to her right now. "

" Now? I cant. She's sleeping. "

" Sleeping?  You 2 just had the biggest arguement in your life, what makes you think she can fall asleep? "She said as  Jessica nodded, getting the point. Hyoyeon forced a smile and got up. " Apologize now, and when I wake up later, you guys better be sisters again. " She said and walked upstairs into the guest room. 

Jessica sat there for a few seconds and sighed. She stood up and started walking upstairs to Krystal's room. She slowly opened the door to see Krystal's back facing her. She took quiet steps and sat by Krystal. She looked at her face which was soundly asleep.

" Krys.. " Jessica softly called her. " You awake..? " Was the first thing she said. Jessica waited for a few seconds and let out a small laugh. " I dont know why I asked that.. " 

Jessica looked at Krystal and held her hand. " I dont know if you could hear me but Im really sorry... Im sorry for everything I've said and especially sorry for hurting you. I never realized what I was doing until I.. I- s-slapped you.. " She hesitated to say the last words. " Krystal.. I - I was just worried for you okay? I was afraid you might get hurt.. I didnt want you feeling what I felt. A-and to be honest, the only reason why I was so mad and was always yelling at you is.. Is because I was so mad at myself.. I guess when I yell at you, I imagine myself for loving a guy like him.I imagine myself that moment when I hurted you.. Please dont think I hate you. I love you with all my heart. When I .. When I sl-slapped you, when you told me i made a stupid mistake about him, you were right.. I - I just- I guess I got mad at myself because you were right about me.. " Jessica held her sister's hand tighter. The room suddenly got quieter, all she could hear was Krystal breathing. 

" Im so sorry, Krystal. " Jessica started again. " I was such a bad sister to you. A-and I didnt even realize it. What I said about Kai.. I was wrong. He really is a great guy. I talked to him when you went in your room. " She forced a small laugh. " I never knew he could dance like Eunhyuk, but I'd say Eunhyuk is still better. " She lightly laughed and her sister's hair. "  He's one awkward guy when it comes to feelings but I can tell he loves you. Probably more then he loves himself. " She laughed. " Krystal, you probably dont need me to say this, but I know you want me to; I approve of Kai, he's great for you. " She slightly smiled and kissed her sister's forehead. " Good night, Krystal. I promise I'll make things better with us. " Jessica said her final words before getting off the bed and leaving the room. 

 

Jessica slowly opens her eyes to see the bright sun on her face. She groans and lazily gets up as she checked the time. 12:15 pm only.. She thought and groaned again. She wanted to go back to sleep but she also wanted to get things fixed with Krystal. She sighs and nods to herself. She lazily gets up with her eyes half closed as she started walking towards the door. 

" AHHAHA! NICE! " Was the first thing she heard once she got out of the room. She didnt mind at first since she wanted to go Krystal's room. But she frowns when she sees her room empty. She looked back downstairs, thinking she was there. 

Jessica heard loud music playing and people luaghing. Thinking Krystal's in a good mood, she smiles at herself and comes down. 

" YAAH! HYUNG! " She heard Kai yelling. " HYO NOONA IS A GIRL! RESPECT HER! " He laughed. 

As soon as she reaches the last step of the stairs, she looked to the right to see the 3 dancing machines dancing through a song outside the backyard. Eunhyuk was literally showing off his dancing skills and was literally rubbing it all over Hyoyeon's face. 

" I GOT THIS. KAI, WATCH AND LEARN. " Hyoyeon yelled and pushed Eunhyuk away. She gave a wink to the guys before changing the beat to a y but yet upbeat song. Of course, she showed her y side but also her dancing skills, making both the boys drool. Well, Eunhyuk had to cover Kai's eyes. 

" You guys seem to be the perfect trio. " Jessica smiled at the opened sliding door. 

" Oh! Hey Sica! " Hyoyeon laughed and stopped her dancing. 

" Annyeonghaseyo, Jessica-sshi. " Kai respectfully said and bowed, wiping his grin with a nervous smile. 

" No need to be scared of her. " Eunhyuk laughed and patted his back. 

" Uhm, where's Krystal? " Jessica looked around.

" She went to her friend's house. " Hyoyeon answered, drinking from her water. 

" Oh.. " Jessica frowned. " Alright. " She forced a smile and went back inside. 

Hyoyeon frowned at her bestfriend's expression and decided to talk to her while the boys danced. SHe followed her inside and sat on the dining chair. 

" She's ignoring me, right? " Jessica frowned. 

" Ani, of course not. She just had to do her project at her friends. " Hyoyeon smiled.

" Yeah.. Probably.. " 

Hyoyeon frowned when she saw her bestfriend's sad expression. She put her arm over her shoulder. " Dont worry, I promise you and Krys will make up! " 

" How though? She wont even look at me. "

" Well, first of all, you apologized right? "

" I kind of did.. She was sleeping. " 

"  Then do it right when she gets home! "

" She wont even look at- " Before Jessica's words could finish but Eunhyuk's monkey laugh interuppted. 

" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. " Eunhyuk loud laugh came  in. 

The girls stood up and checked what was happening, only to see Eunhyuk laughing on the floor while Kai was rubbing dirt of his shirt whike pouting. 

" Hm, Kai already seems like he can fit in here. " Jessica smiled. 

" Yeah, Oppa and I just spent our whole morning with him and he's already like a brother. " Hyoyeon laughed. " He seems really great for Krystal. She has a good eye. " 

" Yeah, I just wish she doesnt end up like me though... " Jessica frowned, remembering her past. 

" I have a feeling he wont do such a thing. Do you see how he behaves around you? " Hyoyeon laughed. " I mean around us, hes so careless and loud but when you came, he's the complete opposite. " 

" Hm. I guess I do have that kind of effect. " Jessica smiled. 

" Oh! " Hyoyeon snapped. " By the way, Kai made you breakfast. Well actually, he TRIED to make you breakfast. " 

" He tried? " Jessica tilted her head. 

" Yup, the fire alarm even went off. I dont understand how you could sleep through so much chaos. " Hyoyeon chuckled. " He really wants your approval. " She smiled and left Jessica standing there, looking at Kai. 

 

As 2 days passed, Krystal still has been ignoring Jessica. Of course, she gets desperate everytime. Kai, Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk try to talk to Krystal but she still wont listen. Krystal even got mad at Kai for helping Jessica. 

Because Kai and Krystal are fighting as well, Jessica felt more guilty. She did everything to get them together but Krystal wouldnt talk to Kai. She almost decided to go back to the States when something happened. 

" Why did I have to dress up? " Jessica said with a said tone as she got out of the taxi. 

" Thank you. " Eunhyuk smiled at the driver once he paid him. " Its your birthday, you should look special today.  " 

" Oh.. Right.. " Jessica mummbled. She kept her head down as she started walking to the resturant, she didnt even care if her dress was wrinkled. 

" Dont you think this whole thing is going too far? " Hyoyeon whispered to her fiance.

" Yeah, but I have to admit, its a fun revenge. " Eunhyuk quietly chuckled.

" A-arent you guys coming? " Jessica said, still with that sad voice. 

" Yeah, we just need to go to the washroom. " Eunhyuk said.

" Isnt it inside? " Jessica cluelesy asked. 

" Not anymore. The washroom in there is getting fixed. Its around the resturant now. " Hyoyeon laughed. 

" Oh.. Okay.. So do I- Do I wait for you? O-or do I- " 

" Just go inside. We'll be in there. " Hyoyeon smiled and just left dragging Eunhyuk with her. 

Jessica sighed. " Alone as always. " She mummbled. She opened the resturant door and looked at the waiter. 

" Hello, " The waiter smiled. " Did you make a reservation for today?" 

Jessica blankly looked at the waiter for a moment. She didnt even care if she was talking a guy right now. 

" I- I dont know. " She said. " Uhm. Im actually here for.. " She paused for a moment and thought. " Uhm, I think Lee Hyukjae or Kim Hyoyeon made a reservation.  " She gussed. 

" Oh! You must be Jessica-sshi? " The waiter asked. 

" N-neh, Uhm, may I ask how you know my name? " 

" Well, you are the birthday girl right? " The waiter smiled. " Please, follow me, the party is in the VIP room. " He smiled and signalled Jessica to follow him upstairs." Anyways, Happy Birthday, Jessica-sshi. " He kindly smiled. 

" Thank you. " She forced a small and weak smile when the waiter pointed to a door. 

The waiter bowed with a smile and walked back downstairs.

Jessica walked to the door with a frown. She slowly opened the door but no one was there; it was just pure black. " Must be the wrong room.. " She quietly said, still with that sad tone. 

She walked back downstairs and looked for the waiter. " Excuse me. " She tapped the waiter's shoulder. 

" Yes, ma'm? " He smiled.

" Uhm.. I- I think you gave me the wrong room. No one is in there. I think it was just a table not a room. " 

" Of course its not. Hyukjae-sshi made it specific to get you guys a room. He even invited plenty of people. " 

" But, it doesnt seem like it. The lights are closed and there's nobody in there. "

" Try again. " He kindly smiled and just walked away, leaving the frowning Jessica. 

She sighed and went back upstairs. She didnt even get mad at the waiter, which was a guy. She didnt even care about anything else right now; it was all Krystal. 

She decided to wait in front of the door for Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon, after minutes of waiting, she eventually got impatient and decided to try again. She slowly opened the door and peaked in, only to see pitch black. She was about to close the door when he heard a slight girly squel. She froze scared what it is, but it didnt stop her from checking. She peaked through again, seeing a random petit girl with blonde hair, running towards her. 

" What th- Hyoyeon?! " Jessica yelled out of shock and looked at her bestfriend who was in her arms. 

" Uh.. Th-there was a spider? " Hyoyeon stuttered. 

Jessica tilted her head and looked at the innocent Hyoyeon. " What are you- "

" SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! " A random crowd popped out once the lights . 

" AHHH, WHAT THE! " Jessica screamed and hid behind Hyoyeon. 

" Happy Birthday, Dolphine~~~ " Hyoyeon smiled while covering her ears. She gave her friend a hug once Jessica started tearing up but with a smile. 

" Happy Birthday, Jessica! " Eunhyuk gave her a gummy smile. He spread his arms wide, hoping for a hug. 

As expected, Jessica frowned and pushed him away, but surprisingly after she did that, she pulled Eunhyuk into a hug. " Thank, Eunhyuk. I needed this. "

Eunhyuk smiled and hugged her back. She then let go with a small smile. She then started looking around and smiling at the people from her college days who were greeting her with ' Happy Birthday! ' or ' Welcome back! '  Jessica started frowning when the person she wanted to see wasnt there. 

" You're looking for her, arent you?" Hyoyeon said from behind. 

" She didnt want to come...? Right? " Jessica sadly said. 

" She didnt want to come? " She raised her eyebrows at her and paused. " She came alright. We didnt even have to force her. " Hyoyeon smiled then started looking back behind Jessica.

Jessica's whole face lighten up. She slowly turned around to be greeted by her tall sister. 

" Happy Birthday, Unnie! " Krystal smiled and gave her sister a hug. " Sorry, I couldnt get you a g- " 

Jessica cut her words by tightly hugged her. " Im so sorry. I - I didnt mean to yell at you. I didnt mean to hit you. I didnt mean to treat like some- " 

" I already forgave you. " Krystal laughed. " Plus, its your birthday, dont feel bad. "

" How cant I feel bad? " 

" Just dont feel bad because I forgave you! " She laughed. " I forgave you the night you apologized to me. " 

" Y-you did? " Jessica asked, recieving a nod. " T-then why did you act so mad at me these past days? "

" Well, to be honest, Eunhyuk oppa, Hyoyeon unnie and I planned your surprise party before you guys even came here.  " Krystal started explaining. " So we figured that if I still act cold towards you, you'll never notice a thing. " She innocently smiled. 

" And by we, she means herself. " Hyoyeon pointed out. " I told her it was mean but she wanted to prank you. " 

" You cant blame her though, she is your sister. A Jung member. " Eunhyuk laughed. 

Jessica smiled and just randomly hugged her. " You're becoming cruel to your unnie, you know that right? " 

" Sorry, it was just a revenge thing for leaving me for all these years. " Krystal smiled once they let go. 

" But! " A voice popped out behind Krystal. " Im not sorry, because if you left her, I would've never met her. " Kai smiled and was about to pull Krystal towards him by the waist but Jessica's stare stopped him. " Uh.. So-sorry. " He stuttered and backed away.

Krystal frowned when Jessica glared at Kai. But she immediantly smiled when Jessica smiled. " Just dont do anything stupid okay? " She kindly said to Kai. 

Kai widely smiled and nodded, he an arm around Krystal and bowed. " Thank you. "

" Stop bowing. Just call me Noona. " Jessica smiled, making her sister smile even wider with Kai. 

Kai smiles at Jessica and nods, but his smiles slowly disappears when Jessica came closer to his ear. " Really. Do not do anything stupid to her. " She said in deep, husky and scary voice. 

" N-neh.. " Kai stuttered anfd froze. 

" Unnie! " Krystal whined. 

" What? " Jessica innocently said. " I approve of you guys, Im just warning him. " She sadi and smiled. 

Krystal ended up smiling at her sister. " Just dont- " Before she could finish her sentence, her voice was cut off by a guy. 

" Hey! Long time no see, Ice Princess. " A tall man with black short hair popped out from behind Kai. He was wearing a black and white suit with a cute charming smile. 

Jessica stared at him for a few moments. " YOU?! " 

" Uhm.. " The guy slowly walked back behind Kai, " S-sorry! I- I didnt mean to call you that.. " 

" No way.." Jessica stared at him. " LEE JOON? " She yelled. 

" Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, he's invited. " Hyoyeon came out. " He's changed right? " She smiled.

" Holy.. W-what happened. ... You became so.. so.. changed.. " Jessica stared at him with total shock.  

" In a good way? " Joon smiled. 

" I guess. What the hell do you do? You look like the president's son. " 

" Nope, " He smiled. " My dad owns this resturant, well actually I own it now. " 

" Wow. Last time I saw you your hair was too long, you wore tacky shirts. And I remember, you would always wear that blue ja- "

" Thats the past, please dont talk about it. " 

" Hm, you probably had a 1000 girlfriends now huh? " Jessica started thinking again. 

Joon opened his mouth but Hyoyeon spoke for him. " He's actually dated one girl in these pass years. " She smiled.

Jessica laughed. " Yeah, right. Who's the unlucky girl? " 

" Remember 2 months ago when Tiffany wanted to go back to Korea because she ' wanted to go school here ' ? " Hyoyeon asked.

" Yeah, so? " Jessica raised her eyebrows. She recieved a smile from Hyoyeon and caught on. " YOU'RE DATING MY COUSIN?! " She yelled at Joon, who immedianly hid behind Eunhyuk. 

" Thats why she wanted to come with us.. " Eunhyuk wondered. Then he suddenly snapped his fingers. " Thats why she wanted to go school here! " He said while Hyoyeon stared at her boyfriend like an idiot. 

" SINCE WHEN DID YOU TWO START DATING?! " Jessica yelled.

" Nottoolong! Nottoolong! " Joon spoke fast and kept using Eunhyuk as protection. " W-we got together a-about 6 months ago! " 

" 6 months?! How did you 2 start talking? " 

" W-when I went to the States with my d-dad for s-some business t-thing.. Th-then we s-saw each other a-and we - we started talking. "

" Wow.. I've never seen a guy so scared.. " Krystal mummbled laughing at Joon. 

" Aish, since I cant really do anything. " Jessica mummbled under her breath and moved Eunhyuk away from Joon. She stepped closer to his ear and spoke. " Since you 2 are in a serious, serious long-distance relationship, I suspect you have some kind girl hiding around you? " She said with a deadly voice.

" A-aniyo. Of course not! " Joon confidently said. 

" How will am I sure that I should believe you? " Jessica questioned him. 

" Ask any questions or even go through my stuff. You wont find anything that connects to a girl except Tiffany. " He said and stood up like a solider.

" Hm, you have some confidence. " She nodded and just walked away with the laughing Hyoyeon. 

" Uh.. D-does that mean I can date her..? " Joon slowly asked but Jessica didnt hear. 

" I guess so. " Krystal shrugged and laughed with Kai and Eunhyuk. 

The night quickly passed. There was laughing, games, and plenty of well, obviously, plenty of drinking. Jessica, Eunhyuk, and Hyoyeon met all there college friends. Jessica had of course forgotten all her problems and such. She was back to the old happy Jessica and well also, lazy Jessica. 

 

" Unnie~~~ " Krystal shook her sleeping sister. " Come on! Lets go. You said you'll go with us. "

" No~ Later. " She groaned and rolled to her stomach. 

" We cant go later though because- " Being her stubborn and lazy self, Jessica interuppted her sister. 

" Why~ " Jessica groaned. 

" Because we're picking up Kai's stepbrother at the airport. " 

" Then why do I have to come? " 

" Because you said you'd come! " Krystal whined. 

" Not a good reason. " Jessica said and put the blanket over her head.

" Aish, just come on Unnie!" Krystal whined and kept shaking Jessica but she wouldnt budge and kept sleeping. " Fine, gosh. " She whined and threw a pillow at her sister and walked off. 

" Dont forget to close the door. " Jessica smiled with her eyes closed. 

" Yeah, yeah. " Krystal said and walked away. 

 

" So what time does his flight land? " Krystal asked Kai who was sitting on the chairs in the airport. 

" It landed 10 minutes ago. I guess he just have to get his stuff. " Kai said as he drank his coffee. 

" Whats he like anyway? " She asked like a child.

" Well, I dont really know, I mean this is the first time we met. " He smiled.

" But dont you guys talk on skype a lot? "

" Yeah, well.. I guess he's pretty funny and immature for a doctor. " He laughed.

" He's a doctor?? " She raised her eyebrows.

" Yup. Even my stepsisters, I guess being a doctor is a thing in their family, well my family now. " He chuckled. 

" Woah, seriously? His whole family? " Krystal said, surprised.

" Just him and my 2 stepsisters. His dad- My stepdad, " He corrected himself. " does business. " 

" Wow, that's actually pretty cool. " She smiled. " What's his name anyway? I noticed you always talk about him but you never mention his name. " She laughed. 

" His name is actually cool.  It means, East Sea. " Kai said in english with a proud smile. 

" Wow, I see your english is getting better. " Krystal said in english. " And what does East Sea mean in eng..lish.... " She started to trail off as her smile fades away when she realized what she just said. ' Oh no.. Not him.. She thought. 

" I means - " He about to say his name when he looked behind Krystal and smiled. " Hyung! Hyung! Over here! " He yelled. 

Krystal turned around to see Kai's stepbrother's face. He wore a black and white varsity with black jeans. His hair got longer to cover some of his forehead. But his smile faded away when Krystal and him made eye contact. 

Donghae, you little . ' Krystal thought and stared at him with such angered eyes. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally! Done another chapter! I admit this chapter was boring buuuuut! Not the ending part! ;) Ehehe, Anyways hope you liked this one!