He's back.

Open Your Heart

Krystal stared at Donghae with such anger. It was obvious Donghae was afraid, his smile disappeared and he just froze at his spot. Without thinking, she was already preparing to attack him with all her might. She was about to stomp towards him when Kai held her hand and dragged her towards Donghae.

" Come on! I cant wait for you guys to meet! " Kai excitedly said and dragged her towards Donghae. " Hyung. " He smiled and gave a brotherly hugged to Donghae.

" Kai. " He forced a smile and hugged him. " You're much taller than I expected. " He have a nervous laugh. 

Kai smiled and chuckled. " This is Krystal by the way, the girl I always talk about. " He said and introduced Krystal.

" Its nice to meet you, Krystal. Im Donghae. " He smiled and offered a handshake.

Krystal wasnt shocked at all. After all, he is a player; of course he'd forget what he did. She wanted to ignore him but when she caught Kai's concered eyes, she changed her attitude. " Its nice to meet you. " She forced a smile and shook his hand. Well, by shake, I mean crush his hands. 

Donghae winced a little and stepped back from Krystal, making her smirk. 

Kai smiled. " Lets go? " He suggested. 

 

" Yah! Sica wake up! " Hyoyeon barged in her room.

" What." She groaned and moved to face the other side. 

" Lets go out! Im bored. Oppa's downstairs. " 

" Why did I give you a spare key.. " Jessica mummbled and pulled the blanket over her head. 

" Yaaaah! Come on! " Hyoyeon shook her.

" Stop it~~~ Go on a date with Eunhyuk. " 

" We just did. "

" In the morning? "

" Well, actually we jogged around the city, thats why he crashed on your couch. " She inoccently smiled.

Hyoyeon waited for her response. but the whole room was quiet. She wondered what she was doing and pulled the blanket from her face. " YAH! YOU'RE FALLING ALSEEP! " She yelled. 

" Aish, shut up. " Jessica threw a pillow at her and rolled onto her stomach.

Hyoyeon frowned and pouted. " Could you at least tell me where your food is? You guys have like nothing. " 

" Oh.. That reminds me.. We need to do groceries.. " Jessica groaned.

" But the food! " Hyoyeon whined and constantly shook Jessica. 

 

" How was your trip, hyung? You seem pretty tired. " Kai laughed and looked Donghae who was zoning out as he stared at the back of the passenger's seat, where Krystal was sitting. 

" Huh? W-what? " Donghae came back to his senses.

" hm, you need food, dont you? " He laughed, " Dont worry, we'll eat it, after I get gas. " Kai said and stopped at a gas station. 

" Y-you need help? " Krystal immediantly asked. 

" To get gas? " Kai chuckled.

She stared back at Donghae who immediantly looked away. She sighed and forced a smile. " I guess not. " She laughed.

Kai smiled and got out of the van, leaving only Krystal and Donghae in the car. She didnt dare to move a single inch, she just stayed there with her arms crossed while her eyes shifted to look outside. 

" Uhm, y-you look mature now.." Donghae tried to make a conversation, but Krystal didnt speak or even looked at him. " Uh.. Its great to see you though. I - I mean, 3 years right? Th-things seem different. Y-you got taller too. " 

Krystal spoke and looked back to glare at him. " Hm, you must be ashamed huh? How come when Kai isnt here, you start to talk about us knowing each other? " 

" I am ashamed. " Donghae immediantly said. " Krystal, I want to start all over. "

" Excuse me, but I dont think it should be me who your ' starting things over. ' with. " She put quotation fingers in her sentence. Donghae paused for a moment, he wanted to ask something, but he was hesitating. " What? Too ashamed to talk about it again? " Krystal scoffed.

" H-how is she? " Donghae finally spoke. 

" Who? Unnie? She's great. Do you know why? Because she doesnt have to deal with guys like you anymore. "

" A-anymore? I-is she dating someone? " 

" Why would you care? You're the one who broke her heart. "

" I swear I didnt mean for all that happened, Krystal. " Dongahe started to apologized. 

" Dont apologize to me. " She glared at him and turned away. 

" Then I'll apologize to her. I'll make things right. "

" Good luck with that. You'll never see her. " 

" Never? Why? "

Krystal scoffed and glared back at Donghae. " Are you an idiot? Like I'll let you see - " She paused for moment then spoke, " Yeah, you know why you cant see her? Because she's in the states. She's been living there for 3 years now. " Krystal lied. 

Donghae frowned, " Sh-she hasnt c-come back? " 

" Nope. " She smirked. 

Donghae's whole body dropped. All his hope was gone, his heart was broken once again, but until Kai came in.

" Krystal, Jessica noona called, she says she wants McDonalds. " Kai laughed as he entered the car. 

Krystal froze for a second, she swore she heard Donghae chuckle. " W-Why didnt she call me? " 

" She did, but she said you didnt answer your phone. " 

" Oh.. " She awkwardly said. She cursed under her breath when she saw Donghae smile on the corner of her eye. She cleared and dug through her bag to get her phone. " Oops, must've been on silent. " She forced a laugh after checking 5 miss calls from Jessica. 

 

" Hyung, you want anything? " Kai asked Donghae as they stopped at a McDonald's resturant. 

" Uhm, maybe 3 quarter pounders? " He innocently smiled, " The plane food . I barely ate okay? " He defended himself when Kai and Krystal raised their eyebrows at him. 

" Okay then, " Kai laugehd and turned to his girlfriend, " How about you, Krys? " He smiled. 

" I dont know yet, I'll just come with you. " Krystal answered, already taking her seatbelt off and getting her bag.

" Alright, hyung wanna come then? " He asked, taking his seat belt off as well. 

" Su- " Donghae was ready to take his seat belt off but when he looked at Krystal's deadly eyes on him, he immediantly stopped. " U-uh no.. No, iits okay. Im tired anyway. " He nervously smiled.

" Alright then, we'll be back. " He smiled and got out the car while Krystal smirked and exited as well.

Donghae sighed and frowned. He watched Krystal's mood totally change. She was just laughing and playfully pushed Kai away from her when he whispered something. Kai just put his hands on her waist and laughed. 

Donghae sighed once again, remembering those times when he used to do that to Jessica. His shoulders dropped and sat back. He scratched the back of his head and thought. I wonder how much things have changed. I wonder if she'll ever forgive me, or even look at me. His thoughts then played those sweet memories of him, Jessica, Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon. How he missed those people; that was the main reason why he moved back to Korea, not only for his new family members but because he wants to restart, he wa- 

His thoughts were interuppted by a sudden, loud ring in the front of the car. He slightly jumped because of shock but looked around his surroundings. He looked over the passenger's seat and sa Krystal's phone. He hesitated to touch it since she might rampage on him, but since she was inside Mcdonalds. He shrugged his shoulders and flipped her phone over. 

His eyes widened and let out a small, quiet gasp. The caller ID said, Sica Unnie. All he did was watch it ring, he sat there still, not moving an inch. He wanted to answer the phone but he was sacred; scared that she might yell at him, scared that she'll reject him, scared she might move to the States because of him, he was thinking al kinds of things that made him shake his head. All he did was watch it while he stared at caller ID picture in the background, a recent picture of Jessica.

 

He smiled at her childness behaviour. hm.. Seems like she hasnt changed, she's still cute as ever. He thought.   He let out a small chuckled, but then immediantly frowned when  the ringtone stopped. He sighed, regretting that he didnt answer it. He was about to sit back again when the phone rang again. He immediantly sat up and looked at the Called ID, Sica Unnie. 

He let out a big breath and slowly took the phone.  His heart started pounding faster when he pressed the button and slowly put the phone on his ear. 

" H-hello? " He stuttered. His hands started sweated as he waited for her reply.

" Krystaaaaal~~~ " He heard Jessica's ageyo voice.  

A smile suddenly crept on his face. Finally, after 3 years of not hearing from her, he finally heard her sweet, angelic voice. Knowing that she'll hang up once she realized who it is, he decided not to talk and just listened to her voice. 

" Can you do me a favor? Uhm.. Is it okay if you get me a pad? Im kinda on my period. " Jessica's childness made Donghae chuckled quietly.

" Hurry, Krystals! You're sister's becoming a queen because of stupid mood swings. " Donghae Heard Hyoyeon's loud voice. 

Yah! Shut up, Fiona! " Jessica loud voice said.

Donghae smiled, knowing for sure that they havent changed. Hyoyeon and Jessica still argue and tease each other, they're both still bestfriends, and they're both still immature. But this made him think, Where's Eunhyuk? 

" Hurry, Krys! She's gushing out! " Hyoyeon let out a loud laugh. 

" Aish! Eunhyuk! Get your stupid fiance here! " Jessica yelled. 

Donghae smiled. Fiance? Seems like Eunhyuk is having a good life. He was proud of his friend, knowing that all 3 are still together made him happy. 

Jessica, if you're looking for a pad, there's one in the closet near the washroom. " Eunhyuk's voice came in. Donghae quietly chuckled, right now, he can imagine both Jessica and Hyoyeon looking at Eunhyuk like he's a ert. " Yah! Dont think like that! I was just looking for a towel and I found a pad, But there's only one though. " Eunhyuk defended himself. 

Donghae could see Jessica rolling her eyes and Hyoyeon laughing at her boyfri- her fiance. " Well, I need more. Anyways, Krystal, could you get me one? Dont get the thick ones! Thin ones are better! " Jessica said on the phone.

Donghae chuckled again, but this time a little too loud. 

Wait- Is this Kai? " Jessica asked.

Donghae paniced a little. " U-uh, Krys- " Before he could continue, Jessica yelled. 

YAH! KAI! WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME?! " Jessica yelled, loud enough for Donghae to take the phone away from his ear. " Aish, we do not speak of this. " Jessica's demanding voice said. " But speak of it with Krystal, I need pads. Now. Bye. " Jessica said her last words before hanging up. 

Donghae couldnt help but let out a laugh. He didnt know why, but he was so happy at this moment; hearing his bestfriend happily engaged with the one girl he loves, hearing Jessica be happy, it made him happy. Even thought he wasnt sure that she officially forgave him but he was still happy, knowing his friends are. 

 

" Damn it, that was Kai. " Jessica angerily said, but then she put her hands on cheeks and squeled. " Ah! This is so embaressing! " She whined like a baby.

" So thats mood swings? She just changs? " Eunhyuk whispered to Hyoyeon.

Before Hyoyeon could reply, Jessica spoke. " Yah! I could hear you! " She snapped at Eunhyuk. " But just to warn you, having mood swings during pregnancy is probably a lot worse than having it during periods. " She said and stared back and forth to  the red Eunhyuk and  shy Hyoyeon.

" Psh, dont act like I havent heard you guys have . I heard all of it last year! Sadly.. Always make sure that no one is in the house. " Jessica lectured. " Lee Hyukae, you're lucky that Hyoyeon ISNT pregnant because if she is. Well, lets just say its worse than getting her pissed. " She smirked and left Eunhyuk speechless and red. 

" Sh-she's very scary.. " Was all Eunhyuk could say. " B-but ar-are you more scarier? " He asked, knowing that time when he pissed off Hyoyeon in the States by acting like a jerk on her birthday just so his surprise party wouldnt get notice. 

" Eh, I dont know honestly. " Hyoyeon said with a smile walking away from Eunhyuk who was slightly speechless. 

 

" Yah, what the hell are you doing with my phone? " Krystal came in, seeing Donghae just staring at her phone with a smile.

" U-uh, n-nothing. " He stuttered and gave it back to Krystal who snatched it away from him. 

Krystal looked at him suspiciously and checked her phone. She gasped then glared at Donghae, " What did you say to Unnie? I swear if you made her cry I will k- "

" I d- didnt say anything! She thought I was you for a second then hung up when she thought I was Kai. " Donghae innocently explained. 

Krystal kept glaring at him but decided to let this one go. " It better. " She hissed. " Now get up, Kai oppa said we're eating here. " SHe said, shut the door and left into McDonalds. 

 

After eating their lunch, Krystal couldnt take it anymore. He hated being in the same car as Donghae, who was trying to make a conversation. Of course, she had to act nice around him since Kai was there but she just couldnt take it anymore. 

" U-uhm, Oppa, is it okay if you drop me off at the mall? " Krystal asked.

" At the mall? Why dont you go home? " Kai suggested.

" Yeah, but I told Unnie that I would be there. " She lied and saw Donghae's face light up.

" Oh, okay, do you want us come or- "

" NO! " She yelled, causing Kai to jump and look at her weirdly. She cleared and smiled. " I- I mean, no, you dont have to. Actually, today is actually just A Jung Sister Day. "

Kai laughed, " Alright then, how about you Hyung? You wanna go somewhere too? " He looked back at Donghae.

" A-ani, I-its okay. " He sadly said but with a forced smile. 

" Alrighty then, On our way to the mall then! " He smiled and kept driving. 

 

After getting dropped off the mall, Krystal called Eunhyuk to pick her up instead. Of course, Eunhyuk noticed that she was acting weird everytime he asked questions about Kai's stepbrother. She decided not to tell him since he was Donghae's bestfriend, she knew that Eunhyuk would have seconds thoughts, she knew that he couldnt resist Donghae. 

So later that day, Kai of course knew that Krystal was acting strange. He just didnt want to say anything since Donghae was there. That night, Kai called her to make sure things were okay. 

You know you could tell me. " Kai's worried voice said through the phone. 

" Nothing's wrong, I swear. " Krystal forced a small laugh.

Yah, stop lying. I know you. You've been acting like this ever since Hyung came." Kai's voice stopped for a moment. " Did he do something? " 

Just dont worry about it, I- "

Krystal. Just tell me. "

Kai heard her sigh through the phone. " Its just- He- lets just say, he did some ungrateful things in the past. "

Oh.. Wait! Dont tell me he dated you! " Kai's voice panicked. 

" Aniyo! We didnt! " Krystal immediantly said. " Its just- Remeber the story I told you about Jessica unnie? " 

" What story? "

" You know, like the reason why Unnie is like that? Like harsh to guys. "

Oh! Yeah, what about - " Kai stopped for a  moment and spoke. " That guy was Donghae hyung? " 

Yeah... "

" Are you sure? Donghae hyung doesnt sound like that kind of person though. "

Well, he is okay? He's an awful jerk who - "

" Excuse me? Hyung isnt like that. " Kai's voice became more serious. 

" Aish, see, this is the reason why I didnt want to tell you. You'd be on his side. " 

Well, thats because you're talking bad about my brother! " Kai defended him by yelling. 

" He is! He's the reason why my sister was hurt! "

" No way, if he was the reason, why did he act like he didnt know you?! " 

Because that guy was too ashamed, of course, he'd want you to think he's nice. "

" ' That guy' has a name and its Donghae. Im not letting you talk bad things about him. "

" Kai, that guy shouldnt be trusted so easily.He may look nice and all but he's not. Im telling you, he's an ignorant piece of sh- "

"You met him once and you're already talking bad about him? Thats just rude of you okay? Hyung - "

" Rude? IM rude? If one of us is rude, it should be you! You're the one not believing your own girlfriend! " 

" Well, what do you want me to think? My own brother is a jerk? "

He's not even you real brother. " 

" He may not be my brother by blood but we're still a family. " 

" Fine, if you dont believe me, go ask him yourself. " Krystal said he final words before hanging up. She sighed in frustation and brushed her hair back. She cursed under her breath and was literally thinking of killing Donghae right now.

" KRYSTAL! DINNER'S READY! " Krystal heard her sister's loud voice from downstairs. 

" Al-alright! " She managed to say and sighed after before heading downstairs.

 

Their dinner was different but the same. The usual Eunhyuk/Hyoyeon vs Jessica/Krystal debate would start but not this time, this time, it was just the trio ( Hyo, Hyuk, Sica) talking while Krystal was just sitting there, playing with her food. 

" Yah, Krys, if you're not going to eat, dont play with it. " Jessica caught her sister dozing off while poking her food.

" Give it to me instead. " Eunhyuk smiled and switched his empty plate with hers. " So hows Kai's brother? " He spoke with his mouth full.

Jessica gave him a disgusted look while Hyoyeon wiped his mouth. " You know.. He's.. He's .. uh. He's a brother, you know? " 

" A brother? What the? Thats all you have to say? " Hyoyeon laughed. 

" Well.. I - I just dont want to talk about him since like.. " Krystal paused for a second and exclaimed. " because Unnie's here! You know how she hates talking about boys. " She forced a laugh.

" Eh, true. But I got used to it. So.. Talk away. " Jessica said in a '' excited'' voice. 

" Uh.. Okay. Uh. W-well, first of all, he a doctor. " Krystal said the second thing in her mind either than. ' Well, he's Donghae. " 

" Oh! Really?! " Hyoyeon exclaimed and smiled.

" Yah, you're already getting married. " Eunhyuk pouted, recieving a chuckle from Hyoyeon. 

" He, he dances though. He- "

" A doctor that dances? Thats weird. " Jessica commented.

" Weird? How? Thats soo cool! A doctor that dances. " Hyoyeon fangirled.

" Yah! I dance. " Eunhyuk whined at the side.

" Yeah, but you're not a doctor, are you? " Jessica smirked.

" Shut up. " He stuck his tongue at her. 

" Aweh, the monkey's jealous. " Jessica . " You want a banana to cheer you up? " She reached for a banana from the pile of fruits on the side of the table.

" No. " Eunhyuk hissed and looked away.

" Oh right, you want the other ' yellow ' one. " She winked at Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk.

" What yellow one.. ?" All three tilted their heads.

Jessica frowned at them. " You know.. Because Hyoyeon's hair is blonde and - "

" Yeah, but my hair's not yellow. " Hyoyeon chuckled.

" Blonde and yellow are close to each other okay?" Jessica defended herself. 

" No, not really. " The dancing couple shook their heads. 

" Aish, stop talking to me! " She stuck her tongue at the couple and continued to eat her food, causing the couple to laugh.

While Jessica was looking away from them, she noticed her sister looking at her with a blank expression. " Krys, you okay? " Jessica asked.

" What? Ani, i-its nothing. " She quickly went back to reality and shook her head.

" Yah, tell me honestly, did Kai do something? " Jessica spoke in her serious tone and looked at her sister in the eye. " You never act like this before. "

" A-act like what? " She stuttered.

" Like that! Being nervous and all. You keep zoning out too. " Her older sister worried.

" Yah, tell, Krystal. Did Kai do something? " Hyoyeon whispered.

" A-ani. Im telling you, noth- " Krystal didnt get to finish her sentence since she got caught off by the girls.

" LIAR! " Both Hyoyeon and Jessica said.

" How would you know if Im lying? "

" You're my sister, of course I'd know. " Jessica said.

" And I've known you since you were like  grade 4. " Hyoyeon laughed. " So tell us! What did Kai do? " She eagerly said. 

" Why are you so excited? " Jessica stared at her. 

" So I have something to gossip about! " She smiled as Jessica rolled her eyes. 

" There's nothing to gossip about because nothing happened, I swear. " She put her hands up, " Believe me or not, im- "

" Or not. " Jessica stubbornly said and crossed her arms. " Just tell me, Krystal. I promise I wont attack Kai. " 

" By wont she means will. " Eunhyuk mummbled gettin a glare from Jessica. 

Krystal continued to have a staring contest with both the serious Jessica and the eager Hyoyeon. She ended up losing the whole ' bestfriend vs dongsaeng' thing an sighed. " Fine. "

" Yay! Ahaha! " Hyoyeon exclaimed in pride. " So tell us! "

She sighed once again then looked at Jessica with sympathy. " Bwoh? Dont tell me the fight was because of me! " Jessica started feeling guilty.

" Well.. Kinda.. " Krystal quietlt admitted. 

" Just tell us already! " Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon said. 

" Fine.. " Krystal sighed, " Its just- Well.. Kai and I had a fight on the ph- "

" I KNEW IT! THAT KID! " Jessica cursed and stabbed her steak with a fork. 

" Shush! Let her finish! " Hyoyeon yelled and shoved a piece of steak in . 

" Like I said, Kai and I had a fight about- "

" That kid bett- " Jessica was going to say something but Krystal cut her off by putting her hand up to her sister's face. 

" About you. " Krystal then looked at her. 

" M-me? Why me? " Jessica surprisingly said. " So far, I havent harassed him yet so- "

" Yeah, ' yet.' " Eunhyuk said, getting a kick from Jessica under the table. " Yah! "

" B-but it- it wasnt just about you though.. I-it was mostly h-his uh- his, stepbrother.. " Krystal continued. 

" Stepbrother? Why him? " Hyoyeon tilted her head. 

" Well.. I was talking about him. " Krystal said. " Like well, I might have said some ungrateful things. "

" To my conclusion, Im guessing this is your fault then. " Eunhyuk pointed at Krystal which she rolled her eyes at. He shrugged, but smiled and drank his water. 

Krystal sighed after then looked at Jessica then at Eunhyuk, " H-his uh stepbrother is.. is.. Donghae. "

" BWOH?! HE'S BACK?! " Hyoyeon yelled with wide eyes as Eunhyuk spit his water on the side. 

Krystal nodded. Everyone's attention went to Jessica after. She didnt move nor said a word; she was just blankly staring at Krystal. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry guys! Late upload.. I know.. I've watching this Korean drama, The Heirs! Like holy! I dont know why I started watching it like after 10 episodes, Im so addicted to it!! :) Lee Minho! Too cute!!! 
Anyways, ahaha, tell me what you think of this one!!! :)