Emotions taking over

Open Your Heart

Ever since the day Jessica invited Donghae for with her friends, everything started going well. Of course Donghae made sure he didnt cross the line. Jessica's more friendly towards Donghae and actually talks to him. Since time passed by quickly, Donghae and Jessica's friendship has become better. Jessica doesnt glare at anyone who says Donghae's name anymore and the four friends can finally hang out together.

" Yah! Yah! " Eunhyuk yelled at the man beside him. " Stop cheating! " He pouted and through the controller on the couch.

" Im not cheating, its not my fault you . " Donghae smirked and pressed play again. " Winner pays dinner. " He taunted Eunhyuk with a smirk.

Eunhyuk hesitated before saying, " Fine. " 

While that happened, there was Hyoyeon and Jessica watching. " I have to admit, I miss seeing these 2 together. " Jessica laughed.

" Its a good thing you're here now, I can finally argue with them without feeling lonely. " Hyoyeon smiled. The 2 started walking to the kitchen and sat down. " So how are you and Donghae doing? " She wiggled her eyebrows. 

" Good, I guess. " Jessica answered and took the apple that was on the sides with the other fruits. 

" You guess? What does that suppose to mean? " Her bestfriend raised her eyebrows. 

" I dont know like.. Its fine but its just awkward. " She sighed and took a bite of her apple. 

Hyoyeon chuckled, " For you its awkward? Okay there. " She sarcastically said. 

" Im not lying. " Jessica defended herself, " I dont know if its me, but everytime Im with him it just feels different and I- " Before she could finish Hyoyeon snapped her fingers.

" Its awkward because you love him. " Hyoyeon winked at her. 

Jesscai scoffed, " Explain. " She gave her a sly laugh.

" If you think about it, its awkward talking to him because you still like him and you cant see him as a friend. Back then, it wasnt awkward because you never talk to him, but now that you do, you feel that its awkward. " She smirked. Seeing Jessica speechless, Hyoyeon praised herself by tapping her own shoulder and smiled like a fool. " Arent I just smart?" 

" No, you're an idiot. " Jessica stuck her tongue at her. 

" Whatever, at least you didnt deny it. " She smirkedand walked away into the living. 

Jessia followed her, " Yah, that's because you didnt let me- " Before she could continue, she realized they were in the same room as Eunhyuk and Donghae. She glared at Hyoyeon who sat beside Eunhyuk. 

 

Since Jessica's volunteer job was over, she couldnt work at the hospital anymore, meaning she could barely see Donghae. Jessica didnt want to admit it, but she didnt want to leave, same for Donghae. But since Jessica did a good job with the volunteer job, the company accepted her, meaning she is now a singing teacher for kids. Because of this, Donghae always visited ' Eunhyuk ' at work. 

So all together, its been 2 weeks since Donghae and Jessica have been friends. Its not easy for both of them since Donghae is still scared to cross the line and Jessica being paranoid about the whole friendship thing; she's always afriad that if she lets her gaurd down, Donghae will end up hurting her again. Jessica has always been watching Donghae's action around her like if he gets too close or something, she'll throw a fit. And one of those days was today. 

" Hyoyeon! Dont leave, please! " Jessica pleaded following Hyoyeon who was walking out of her classroom.

" Sorry, Sica, but you have to finish your papers. " Hyoyeon laughed and pushed Jessica back in her classroom, " Its not my fault you procasinated. "

" Hyo! Can you at least help me? This is too much. " She pouted and tried to drag Hyoyeon with her in the room but she pulled her hand away. 

" Sorry, only you can do it yourself. " Hyoyeon shrugged. 

" Cant I just finish it tomorrow?" She whined.

Hyoyeon walked towards the door, " You said that last week. You and I both know if you ' do it tomorrow' you'll get fired. " 

" But its too much work. " 

" Well, you accepted the job."

" Which you offered. " 

" With a choice. " 

" You volunteered me! " 

" Yes, volunteer, but you accepted this job in the company. " 

Jessica didnt know what else to say and gave up. She sighed and sat down on her chair as she grabbed her pen and papers. 

" Good girl. " Hyoyeon laughed, " See you tomorrow. " She waved and left. 

Jessica sighed loudly and groaned. 

 

Its been 4 hours with no breaks and just coffee. Jessica was pretty surprised herself that she could finish a bunch of paperwork in one night. After writing the last letter of the last word, she dropped the pen on the desk and stretched.

" Yes! I can finally go home! " She groaned as she stretched. Jessica checked the clock and it was already 12. " So much for finishing early. " She mummbled and got up with her stuff. 

She locked her classroom and headed to the elevator. Seeing nobody was in sight, Jessica let out a big and loud yawn, but covered after when she saw a man standing the elavator with his pajamas. 

Jessica stared at him for a second, " Donghae?" She spoke.

Donghae let out a small smile, " Hyoyeon sent me to check up on you, you didnt answer her calls. " 

Jessica walked in the elevator as she spoke, " My phone was dead. " 

" Oh, I see. " Donghae nodded and pressed the main floor button.

The atmoshpere was extremely awkward for the both of them. Since they were alone in a small space. On one side Donghae was stealing glances at her and on the other side, Jessica was crossing her arms and puffering her cheeks.

" Uhm, so. " Donghae broke the silence, " How was work?"

" Good. " Jessica frorced a smile. " How about yours?" 

" Its good. " He said and nodded his head. 

Jessica smiled back and faced the front again. Donghae was about to say something, when the elevator suddenly stopped causing Jessica to stumble back in her heels. Of course, Donghae was there to catch her. Jessica stared back to say something but was shut by how Donghae looked at her eyes. 

The 2 gazed at their eyes without saying anything. They shared a moment before a loud buzzing noise was made from the elevator. It didnt bother Donghae, but it bothered Jessica. She cleared and took Donghae's hands away from her waist. 

" W-why did it stop?" Jessica started, changing the subject. 

Donghae looked around the elevator, " The janitor probably turned off everything. " 

" What? Why would do that? " Jessica started to panic. 

" I guess they thought no one was in the building anymore. " He took out his phone. " I'll call Eunhyuk. " 

Jessica nodded and turned away. She still wasnt over the moment back there. She could still feel her heart racing and beating every minute. Her face was still hot and she began to an herself with her hands. 

" Are you okay?" Donghae asked Jessica.

" Im fine. Just call Eunhyuk. " She spoke.

Donghae shook his head, " He's not answering. " 

Jessica sighed, " Call Hyoyeon. "  Donghae nodded and called again, but after a moment of waiting, no one answered. " Lets call again and this time , leave a voice message. " She demanded which Donghae nodded at. 

The couple was stuck in there for half an hour, but to them it felt like ages. The couple didnt even talk and if they did, its just a short sentence and silence will fill them again. But since Jessica couldnt take the awkward moment, she started complaining and the more she complained, the more they got comfortable with each other. 

" Its so hot now. " Jessica whined and kept fanning herself.

" Then take off your jacket. " Donghae said like it was obious. 

Jessica rolled her eyes at him, " I would, but Im only wearing a sleeveless top. "

" So? " He raised his eyebrows at her. 

Jessica didnt want to answer the question and awkwardly looked away.

Donghae chuckled when he realized what her actions meant. " Im not like that. " He spoke.

" I know. " She said. Its uncomfortable with you. She thought. 

Donghae shrugged. " Fine. Suit yourself. " He said and took off his sweater, leaving him with only a shirt on. When he looked at Jessica who looked uncomfortable fanning herself in the heat, he had an idea. 

Jessica kept fanning herself, until she recieved a light tap on the shoulder. She turned around with her hair flipping on the other side and raised her eyebrows at him. For Donghae, this view was in slow motion and it made him crazy. He cleared his throat and gave her his shirt. 

When Jessica realized he was only in his sleeveless under shirt, she confusely looked at him. 

" You can wear this on top instead of that thick jacket you have on." Donghae laughed.

" O-Oh. Thanks. " Once she realized his kind reason, she smiled at him and took his shirt. SHe quickly took off her jacket and wore Donghae's shirt. The 2 then awkwardly made eye contact and of course, Jessica was the first to look away. 

She knew they were both thinking the same. Back then, Jessica used to wear Donghae's shirt all the time when she comes over or she just wears them for fun. She missed how his shirt was always too big for her, she missed his scent on the shirt and she definetly missed it when Donghae would joke around and try to wear her shirt. 

The thought of that made Jessica smile, which made Donghae weirdly look at her. " You're in your own bubble again?" He spoke.

" Bubble?" She repeated. 

Donghae nodded and laughed, " You're always like this; smile at yourself when you're in your thoughts. " 

Jessica put on a fake laugh. " So, is it wrong to have my own thoughts?"

" No, but the fact you smile by yourself is cute an- " Realizing what he said, Donghae shut his mouth. " Nothing. "

Wanting to change the subject, Jessica looked around to talk about something but what caught her attention was an opening on top of the elevator with a door. " Yah, lift me up! " Jessica pushed Donghae down.

" Why?" Donghae was about to get up but Jessica kept him down.

" There's an opening over there. Maybe I could get up the elevator. " She started taking her heels off.

" Yah, wait. " Donghae sat on his , " What are you going to do up there?" 

" There's probably a ladder up there that leads to one of the elevator doors. " 

" And do what?" 

" So I could make noises to get someone or try open it or something. " 

" Dont you think I should get up there" 

Jessica sighed in frustation. " I cant lift you though! " 

Donghae shrugged, " Fair enough. " He kneeled on one knee and interwined his hands together. He looked up at Jessica and nodded, " Ready. "

Jessica nodded and stepped on his hands as she placed her hands on his shoulder for support. Donghae slowly started to lift her up with Jessica loosing her balance. She jumped off of hands and sighed, " Its too hard, it wont work."

Donghae cleared his throat, " Uhm, it'll work its just.. I have to hold you m-more firmly. " He awkwardly said. 

Jessica sighed. She knew he was right. Of course she had second thoughts but she needed to get out of here. " Fine. " She mummbled.

Donghae nodded and kneeled down once again. Jessica stepped on his hands and used his shoulders to support her. As Donghae started to bring her up, he slowly place one hand on her hip for more balance and support. Of course, they both felt uncomfortable; Jessica just wanted to get over wiith it while Donghae blushed. 

" Lift me higher. I can almost reach it. " She demanded which Donghae responded at by using all his strength to bring her up. 

Jessica didnt expect all his power and lost her balance when she accidently hit her hand on the ceiling. She screamed and closed her eyes to fall but she felt hands on both sides of her waist. She was scared to open her eyes since she knew exactly who was right there in front of her. Jessica could literally feel his breath on . 

On the other side, Donghae caught her and waited for her to open her eyes. He smiled at her cute behaviour, seeing her shy and scared. But his eyes began to follow down her lips. He lightly smiled and leaned over but he knew it was wrong. He frowned but didnt move or let go of her. Instead, he stared at her face. Her beautiful angelic face, he's been wanting to kiss for so long. 

Being scared about what will happen next, Jessica pushed him away before opening her eyes. She saw Donghae who shyly looked down but focussing on him instead of watching where she was going, she accidently stepped on her heels, causing her loose her balance. Again, Donghae caught her, but this time, he was too close. He was already leaning an inch away from her face and her hands were gripping onto his waist. Because of her emotions, she immediantly let go and tried to stand up but she accidently crashed her lips into Donghaes. 

Jessica was wide eyed, but she couldnt control her feelings. Outside, she was shocked but inside, her heart just wanted to explode and the whole room was getting hot. 

As for Donghae, he was shocked at first, but tasting her sweet soft lips took over him. His emotions couldnt take it anymore, he missed her too much, he couldnt control himself anymore and risked it. He closed his eyes and pulled Jessica closer to him and began to kiss her again. It wasnt those sweet light kisses, but more of an agressive passionate kiss.

Because of his actions, Jessica was mad. At first, she knew it was her fault. but Donghae's actions are way too much for her. She tried to push him away but Donghae pinned her on the wall and continued to kiss her. Jessica was devasted from that moment on, her anger took over her. She thought she could begin to trust him again but because of this, she couldnt take it anymore with Donghae. Once again, he hurt her.

Jessica took all her anger and managed to slap him hard on the face. This got Donghae back to his senses and stopped. But that didnt stop Jessica from pushing him away. He looked up at her furious and angry face. He knew Jessica wouldn't forgive him now.

" WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?" Jessica exploded, making his heart beat. 

Donghae looked at her with apologetic eyes. " Sica, Im sorry, I didnt mean to. " He sincerly said. 

" YOU DIDNT MEAN TO? DONGHAE, YOU BASICALLY FORCED ME. " She yelled and pushed him again. " HOW COULD YOU? " 

He walked closer to her, but she backed away with angered eyes. " Im sorry. I didnt mean to, please Jessica. " He apologized.

Jessica scoffed, " Cant you just accept the fact that we're nothing more than just friends?! " She began to calm down but her eyes was still full of anger. 

" Im sorry, okay? I just- I just cant do it anymore. " He quietly said.

" Do what? Be friends? Its your fault why- "

" Exactly! I cant deal with us being friends when I know the whole thing is my fault! " 

" And you think its easy for me?! " She yelled without thinking. 

Donghae was a little shocked hearing that from her, " What?" He spoke, staring inoccently into her eyes.

Jessica shook her head, " Nothing, j-just dont talk me again. Ever. We're done. " She glared at Donghae and turned around to face the elevator door.

" But Jessica, I know everything was my fault but I promise I'll never hurt you again. I swear. It'll be hard to start over but - " Donghae tried to talk to her, but the more words he said, the more she got pissed. 

" Who said we're starting over? Was it because you kissed me? " She raised her eyebrows and glared at him. 

He opened his mouth to speak, but Jessica cut him off.

" You planned this didnt you?" Jessica's voice became more threatening. 

" What are you talking about?" He inoccently said. 

" Stop lying. You planned this whole thing. You're the one who made us stuck into this elevator." She said and stared at him with eyes full of fire. 

Donghae immediantly denied, " I'd never do that! " 

" So it was just a big coincidence that both of us are stuck alone in this building?! " 

" I neve- "

" You had this whole thing planned out, didnt you! " 

" No! I'd never! If I wanted to ruin our friendship, this would've been a great plan. " He spoke the last words in a sarcastic tone. 

Jessica scoffed, " You'll never change. " SHe said and turned around. 

" You're right, I didnt change. Do you know why?" Donghae asked her, but of course, she ignored him. " Because I still love you. No matter how hard I try to force out my feelings for you, I can never get rid of them. " 

" Then leave. Avoid me. Ignore me and go to another country. " She turned around to face him. 

Donghae stared at her in the eyes, " You make it sound so easy to send me away. I know you cant, Sica." 

" What the hell is that suppose to mean?" She glared at him. 

" I know you still love me. I can feel it. " He spoke, looking at her. 

Jessica chuckled and raised her right hand, slapping him. " Did you feel that?" 

Donghae wasnt surprised and looked at her again. " Why dont you just admit it, Jessica. Admit it, and everything will be easy. " He said.

" What will be easy? You and I? I cant look at you the same anymore, Donghae. Im telling you, we're done. " She turned away.

" Then tell me you dont love me anymore. " He said, getting her attention. " Look at me in the eyes, and tell me, you dont love anymore. "

Jessica closed her eyes and held back her tears that she's been wanting to let out. She turned around and stepped closer to Donghae. She looked at him straight in the eyes, " I dont love you anymore. My feelings are done for you." She spoke in an angered tone. She gripped onto the hem of Donghae's shirt she forgot about.

Donghae sighed and clenched his jaws to stop himself from crying. Who knew those words could literally hit and break his heart. Staring into her eyes, he knew how much she hated him. 

" Now stop talking and leave me alone. " She glared at him one more time before facing the other side. 

Donghae obeyed and never spoke a single word and just stared at her. 

For the rest of the hour, the elevator was full of silence. No one talked or even moved. They just stood there with Donghae staring at Jessica with sad eyes and Jessica trying to stop her tears. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry guys, leaving off with that kind of ending.. And sorry for not updating for a while. I've been busy and all. But ANYWAYS! Jessica and Donghae though! Everything went down for them huh?  I dont blame Donghae though, Jessica's too pretty to avoid. 

Just to let you know, Im going on a vacation so I wont update for a while. And ALSO! Next chapter or the next 2 chapters will be finale ones! So please wait for the ending!!! :)))