Forgetting

Open Your Heart

 

No one talked in the elevator. There wasnt just silence in the air, but Donghae could feel the anger in the atmosphere. He wanted to speak but he knew Jessica was close to tackling him down. He knew he had no more chance, he officially ruined with Jessica. 

After 10 minutes of waiting, the door finally opens to greet Hyoyeon with an expression where she's trying to stop her laugh.

" Sorry, I didnt see your message. I just woke -" Hyoyeon was cut off when Jessica just walked away, making Hyoyeon frown. " Is she mad at me?" She whispered to Donghae.

Donghae didnt speak but shook his head before walking away as well.

Hyoyeon stood by the elevator, alone and kept wondering what happened. On the way out, she said thank you to the janitor that let her in before going to her car. She thouht her bestfriend already left but when she turned around to see her red car, she wondered before walking towards it. As soon as she saw Jessica, she noticed she was crying.

Hyoyeon knocked onto the door, surprising Jessica. As soon as her bestfriend so saw her, she quickly wiped her tears and opened the window with a fake smile. " Y-you need anything?" Jessica's voice cracked.

Of course, Hyoyeon wasnt convinced, " What happened?"

" Nothing. " She smiled, " I'll see you tomorrow, Im so tired. " Jessica forced a laugh before closing the window, but before she could close it, Hyoyeon put her hands in the car.

" Yah, Im not leaving until you tell me. " Hyoyeon said with a serious tone.

" Move your hand. " Jessica tried to push her hand out but Hyoyeon grabbed onto the seat belt. 

Jessica tried to take her hands off the seat belt but Hyoyeon wouldnt let go. She sighed and just looked at Hyoyeon with a pity expression while Hyoyeon smirked. 

Hyoyeon didnt let go of the seat belt but leaned against the car, " So first thing, tell me this, " She started and paused to look down at Jessica's shirt, " Why are you wearing Donghae's shirt?" 

Jessica completely forgot about his shirt and looked down. " N-nothing, he just.. It was hot so he let me borrow it. " She answered.

" Wait, shouldnt you be happy? It looks like you guys worked it out. Why were you crying?" Hyoyeon wondered. 

Jessica sighed, " Instead of telling you out here in the cold, just meet me by the house. " She said.

" Fine, but you better not lock me out. " Hyoyeon threated her before letting go of the seatbelt. 

 

As for Donghae, as soon as he entered his car, he immediantly drove off. He didnt dare to look back at Jessica's car. He drove with his tears coming out. He didnt know what to do anymore, he knew Jessica wasnt going to give him another chance. He hated himself for doing all those stupid things. He actually thought he had a chance with Jessica, but because of his idiotic actions, he ruined it. 

Donghae wanted to forget all the pain he's feeling. He knew he's being selfish because he caused more pain to Jessica, but right now, he just wanted to forget Jessica's words, those painful simple words she said. 

 

After telling the story, Hyoyeon was pretty shocked, but not at what Donghae did. Jessica expected her to say hateful things to Donghae but, she was wrong.

" Why'd you do that?! " Hyoyeon yelled and slapped Jessica's arm.

" Yah, what the hell. " She rubbed her arm. 

Hyoyeon stood up and began to lecture her bestfriend. " You told Donghae that you didnt love him when you did! Thats stupid! You- " 

" Yah, if you're here to judge me and go on Donghae's side, go home. " Jessica glared at her.

" Im not picking anyone's side because both of you are stupid. "

" If one of us are stupid, its him. " 

" Jessica, you love the man for heaven's sake! why the hell would you tell him that you dont love him?" 

" You dont understand, Hyo! Donghae- He's just stupid! I cant trust him anymore, okay? He hurt me and did so many mistakes, he cant even learn from it! How do you expect me to be with a guy like him?! " Jessica began to cry as she released all her emotions. " Why do I have to love a guy like him?" She mummbled and sat back down, rubbing her temples to calm down. 

Hyoyeon didnt say anything and looked at Jessica with sympathy. She sat beside Jessica and rubbed her back, " You cant keep pushing him away, Jessica. You're just hurting yourself."

" I know, but at least Im not with a guy I dont trust. " She mummbled.

Hyoyeon frowned, " Just forget about the past, Sica. " 

" I did, but the kiss.. It just reminded of everything he did.. " 

" Stop thinking about it. " Hyoyeon frowned at her, " Dont think of the past, but just think about how you felt when you kissed him. " 

Jessica hesitated to speak, " O-of course, I was angry... But.."

" But what? " Hyoyeon asked, " You were angry, but you wanted him. " She finished, as Jessica sighed. 

 

Instead of going home, Donghae drove to a bar and forgot everything and by that, he drank until he wasnt himself. For once, he felt so good. He had no thoughts,  no pain, no problems. It was just him.

" Y-yah! Get me another one! " Donghae yelled at the bartender after drinking his 15th shot.

" Sorry, man, you had too much. " The bartender said and took the shot cup. " Go home. " 

" No, I'll do whatever I want. " He hissed. " N-now go get me more! " He demanded. 

The bartender shook his head, " You should go home before I call the security. 

" Security? I-Im not harassing you! " Donghae yelled at him and stood up, accidently hitting the man's soju beside him.

" Yah! " The man yelled and angerily stood up. 

" Oops, my bad. " Donghae slyly laughed and walked away.

The man scoffed and pushed Donghae, " Oops, that was my bad. " He mocked him and walked to his friends. 

Donghae wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. He laughed and stood up, " Lets fight. " He mummbled and tackled down the man. 

Before he could even punch the him, the man's friend pulled Donghae off him and gave him a hard punch on the stomach. Being stubborn as usual, Donghae got up to punch when of the men but was punched on the face by their friends. This didnt bring Donghae down and was determined to punch them but was stopped by the security gaurds. 

" Its time to go. " Th ebig security gaurd said and dragged Donghae out of the bar. He threw the drunk Donghae out of the door before walking in the bar. 

Donghae glared at the door and struggled to stand up. " Bastard! You cant kick me out! " He yelled and was about to run towards the door but the security came back. 

"  I should've threw you farther. " He mummbled and grabbed the back of Donghae's shirt. He dragged Donghae across the street and dropped him on the side walk. Donghae wouldnt give up and stood up again. He charged at the security, but did nothing since he was too big. The security punched him on the face, knocking him out. " Its better if you sleep. " He laughed and walked away.

Donghae tried to get back to his senses but the whole world was too blurry. Everything in his eyes were moving around and was just a big black blob. He tried to stand up but he kept loosing his balance. He was about to give up when his mind imagined the love of his life with someone else entering the bar.

" J-Jessica.. Im coming.. " He mummbled and stood up with wobbly knees. 

The so-called-Jessica turned around to see Donghae struggling to walk towards her, " He seems drunk, should we help him?" She asked her date.

" He's drunk, we dont know what he'll do. " Her date said, looking at Donghae. 

Donghae's legs gave up on him and dropped on the ground. He watched the couple disappear into the bar, causing him to cry. He sat on the ground and roughly scratched his head out of frustation. " I hate my life.. I hate me.. Jessica hates me.." He began to talk to himself. His mind kept playing the words that Jessica to him. He couldnt forget that moment. 

His thoughts were interuppted when lights began to show in front of him. He didnt dare to move but just looked at the light with a blank face. 

" Yah! Move out of the way! " He heard someone yell from the sidewalk.

He then heard a loud honk that filled his ears. 

Donghae didnt move and stayed still. He heard people yelling around him, but he ignored all of them and stayed put. And in the blink of an eye, he was on the ground with people screaming and surrounding him. He couldnt see anything, it was just one big blur. He could feel pain and his body throbbing. He tasted blood in his mouth and tried to talk but no words came out. His head hurted too much and his body was too numb, he wanted to cry from the pain but thinking of Jessica, he stayed strong. All he could see was blurry people talking to him but all he heard was mummbling. 

He took one last breath. Jessica... He thought one last time before going blank. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Im baaack!!! Sorry for such a long update. I was kinda in a rush writing this so please dont judge hahah. Tell me what you think of this chapter! We might have a sad ending.. Hahah, but next chapter will be the last :(( So stayed tuned!!!