Faith

Open Your Heart

Donghae laid down on his bed and tried to sleep but nothing worked. He looked at the clock and it was 1 AM. He sighed and felt a tear on his cheeks.The words that Eunhyuk said kept running around his head. From now on, we are no longer friends, no longer brothers. 

He let his tears out and slammed the bed, revealling all his anger against himself. To think about it, he was left alone in the world because of his fault. He lost the most important girl in the world then he lost his bestfriend who was like a brother to him. He let out his tears. He let out all the pain and tears he's hidden ever since the break up. 

Why did you do this to me, Donghae? What did I do to make you hurt me so bad? Why? Do you hate me that much? Jessica's voice ran around his head. 

You know, to be honest, if I hadnt been your bestfriend for years, I might have a good life right now. Eunhyuk's voice ran in his head this time.

The more he remembered the things they said to him, the more he hated himself, the more he cried. He wished so many times if he could go back time and fix what he's done. It hurted him to see his love ones walk away from his life when he knew it was his fault. He couldnt get the image out of his head, the image of Jessica crying with such pain in her eyes and Eunhyuk who had anger and regret in his eyes. 

Donghae cried and cried as he hit his bed, hating himself. He wanted ti apologize to them but he couldnt, he didnt know how.... All he wanted to was to make things better. 

 

Days passed for all of 4 of them. As usual, Eunhyuk would try anything to get Hyoyeon to forgive him but nothing worked. She'll just simply ignore him or yell at him to go away. As for Hyoyeon and Jessica, it was hard for both of them to ignore and hate their beloved,but they kept strong with each other. Eunhyuk and Donghae of course werent talking. Donghae would try to talk to him but as soon as they make eye contact, Donghae could see that hate in his eyes that he's hidden for so long. Donghae was afraid to talk to him, afraid that things will get worse. 

Same goes for Jessica, he always wanted to apologize but he was afraid that she'll hate him more. Everyday he'll go to her house but he would never get to see her. Its always Krystal opening the door and telling him to go away.

Donghae grew more devastated and each day, his hate for himself kept adding. He tried talking to Hyoyeon but she'll do the same, give him the death glare and walk away.  As days passed, he felt more lonely and lonely; he had no one in his life anymore. His bestfriend now hates him, the love of his life despises him and now, he cant even look at himself in the mirror. 

He swore in his life that he would make things better for everyone he's hurt, even the girls he played with. Since he couldnt remember all the girls he's dated, he gave every girl a rose petal with a small note saying sorry in his school, but the only girl that recieved a bouqent of rose is Jessica.  And one rose for Hyoyeon. He wanted to make sure that everyone will be happy before he leaves. 

 

" Neh, who is- " Hyoyeon stopped and dropped her smile to a glare as soon as she saw the man who knocked on her door. It was none other then, Lee Donghae.

He inoccently smiled and showed her a rose. 

Hyoyeon scoffed and rolled her eyes before she slammed the door in his face. But before she could close the door, Donghae stopped her by placing his foot between the door and door frame. 

" What do you want?! " Hyoyeon asked with an annoyed tone. 

" I came here to make things better. " He inoccently said and offered her a rose. 

Hyoyeon gave him a forced smile and took the rose. She looked at it for a moment before she broke the stem and crumpled in the rose right in front of Donghae. " Wow, that revealled so much stress. Thanks Donghae. " She sarcasticaly said and pushed him out the door. " If you want to make things better, you're going to the wrong person. " 

" Wait, Wait, Wait. " Donghae said and stopped in his tracj, causing Hyoyeon to bump into his back.

" Aish, just get out. " She said and stomped on his foot and pushed him outside.

Before she could close the door on his face, he said something that made her stop. " Wait! Its about Eunhyuk! " He yelled.

Hyoyeon stopped and hesitated to the close the door. She looked down and clenched on to the door knob. She then looked up at Donghae with angered eyes. " You think that you can get me by saying something about Eunhyuk? Did he send you here? Huh? " 

" Aniyo, he doesnt know Im here. Eunhyuk and I stopped talking." He said with a frown. 

Hyoyeon scoffed, " And you expect me to believe that? What if you guys are just planning thing again? " She asked but Donghae didnt say anything. " You may have no realized what you've done; you've hurt one inoccent girl, my bestfriend who hasnt done anything wrong to you, the one who's been hurt so much because of guys like you, the one who opened her heart just for you. "

" I know what I did, HYoyeon. I regret everything I did okay? But not just to Jessica... Everyone, Eunhyuk, you and even the girls I've hurt. I would do anything to get their forgivness, especially, her. "

" How could you even prove yourself to- " Hyoyeon stopped when Donghae suddenly went down on his knees and bowed to her. 

" What I did was wrong, Hyoyeon. I know.. " He started and looked up to her eyes. " Everyday, every second of my life, I'd would pray for eveyrthing to be normal again. I would wish that I never hurted Jessica, I never lost my bestfriend... Hyoyeon, I swore on- "

" If you're here to get Jessica back, Im not breaking. I wont let you near her again. " Hyoyeont stopped him with a glare. 

" Im not here to get her back. " He honestly spoke. Hyoyeon stared at him with a tilted head and confused eyes. " I came here to fix my mistakes. I came here for you and Eunhyuk."

Hyoyeon chuckled. " What ever you're going to say, just dont. You'll be wasting your time. " She said and was about to close the door when quickly got up and stopped it.

" Then let me waste my time. "Donghae said with pity eyes. She stood frozen but ignored his eyes. " Hyoyeon I know you want to hear this. "

"And why would I want to? "

" Because you love him. " 

"I do, but thats not goingto stop me from hating him. " She said and quickly closed the door. 

" You're hating the wrong person, Hyoyeon. " She heard Donghae say from outside. She sighed and leaned against the door. " All that hate against him, should be on me... Hyoyeon, you and Eunhyuk are good for each other. He had nothing to do with the bet. He was the one who tried to stop... but I didnt listen.. I honestly didnt know my feelings would grow for Jessica. Eunhyuk knew this before I did.. He tried to stop me so she wouldnt get hurt, so I wouldnt get hurt, but I was too stubborn. But he wasnt only just looking out for me.. He was also looking out for you, he wanted to stop the bet because he knew that somehow you and him will get inlove.. he knew that you would hate him for not telling you.. " He paused for a second, letting Hyoyeon think for a bit.

Hyoyeon's tears began to fall. She was too confuse. She didnt know whether to believe him or not. She wanted to turn away from the door but she couldnt control her body and instead listened to him. 

" Eunhyuk loves you Hyoyeon. " He spoke once again. " He had feelings for you ever since he saw you at his first week in school. He always wanted to confess back then but he couldnt; he was afraid to get rejected. You know.. The day you and Eunhyuk got together, he was the happiest I've seen, for over 15 years, he was the happiest I've seen. Hyoyeon... You and I both know that it hurts to ignore him. You love him, I know you do. Please, Hyoyeon, Eunhyuk is a mess.. And I cant see him like that.. Please, I know its hard but please forgive him.. " He said and waited for her reply.

After minutes of waiting, he thought he she was never there. He sighed and turned around. He was about to walk away when he heard the door open behind him.  He turned around to see Hyoyeon with watery eyes.

" How could I forgive him if I cant trust him anymore? " Hyoyeon asked. 

" Trust may need proof, but faith doesnt. " Donghae said, looking at her eyes. " You dont need to trust but you need to have faith in him. Thats the whole point of relationships. " 

" You got that from Jessica didnt you? " She asked.

Donghae forced a small smile and nodded. " I dont think she could follow her own advice anymore. I threw that faith she had. " He said and held his tears, which was obvious to Hyoyeon. " Just please think about it Hyoyeon... Eunhyuk loves you and you love him. You're giving more pain to yourself." He said and was about to walk away whens she spoke. 

" Donghae. " She called him. " Why are you doing this? "

" Doing what? "

" Asking everyone for forgiveness. I heard about what you did for the girls in school. "

" Oh.. That? Well.. I just want everyone to know Im sorry before I leave. "

Hyoyeon opened to say more but her eyes caught Jessica's car parking outside her driveway. Donghae turned around and saw her. His eyes never left her. The girl he loves, the girl he hasnt seen for days, was finally right there. He wanted to go to her and hug her but he knew it was wrong. 

Once Jessica got out of the car, she waved at Hyoyeon who forced a smile. She smiled back, but then her smile suddenly dropped when her eyes laid on Donghae. She frowned but her eyes had that hate and anger. Donghae frowned at that, he missed her smile that he'd create. 

She started walking towards him with powerful steps. He knew this was his moment. Even the distance between her and him was short, his mind suddenly played all the memories in his head, the memories of hurting Jessica. He shook his head and focussed his mind to her. Once she was only a feet away, he opened his mouth but was completely dumbfounded when Jessica walked straight pass him, not saying anything. 

He was completely broken hearted all over again. He could literally feel his heart shatter, he felt like a bunch of knives were stuck into his body. His tears began to fall and just blankly stared at the air. He turned around and saw Jessica entering Hyoyeon's house. Once Hyoyeon and Donghae made eye contact, he forced a smile and sighed. He then walked away with his head down. Hyoyeon had to admit it, she felt sorry for him. She wanted to run to him and force him to speak to Jessica but she knew that he has to do it. 

Hyoyeon watched Donghae disappear into his car. She felt so sorry when she saw Donghae break into tears in his car. His head was against the steering wheel and cried. Right there, in that view, Hyoyeon began to believe all the things Donghae had said to her. She finally believed that he does love Jessica.  She couldnt take it anymore and was about to go to him when Jessica spoke.

" So.. Are we going to the mall or what? " Jessica asked.

Hyoyeon sighed and looked at Jessica then looked back at Donghae who managed to start the car and drive away. She then stared back at Jessica, as her bestfriend, she knew what Jessica's feeling right now. Hyoyeon sighed and forced a smile. " Yeah, lets go. " 

 

The 2 spend their time together in the mall and at the movies. Jessica noticed Hyoyeon's weird behaviour; she's zoning out and was too quiet. As her bestfriend, she didnt even have to ask the question. She knew exactly what happened.

" Donghae said something about Eunhyuk, didnt he? " Jessica said, getting rid of the quiet atmosphere.

Hyoyeon slightly nodded, but avoided eye contact with her and focussed on her driving. 

" What did he say? " 

" Nothing, dont worry. " Hyoyeon forced a smile.

" Hyoyeon, tell me what he said. " Jessica demanded with a serious face.

Hyoyeon couldnt take her intensive stare and eventually gave up. She sighed but still avoided eye contact. " That I should put my faith in him instead my trust. " She spoke.

Jessica sat there, a little frozen. " Oh.. " Was all she could say. The atmosphere got quiet again. But after a few moments of thinking, Jessica asked, " You still love him right? " 

 

The next day, it went by pretty fast. It was like any other day for all 4 of them; Donghae would do his routine by being depressed all day and telling everyone he's sorry. Eunhyuk would try to get Hyoyeon's attention, Hyoyeon would ignore him or yell at him and for Jessica, she'd go to her own school and act like nothing has happened. 

But this day was way different. Donghae wasnt at school today and well, Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon? They're waaaay different now. 

Hyoyeon was sitting on the bench at the back of the school and enjoyed the view and peace; it was quiet, the beautiful sunset, the light wind on her face and music in her ears. She swung her legs back and forth and just looked at the sky.

She looked around and held her breath when she saw a figure walking towards her. She stood up and was about to speak when he interuppted. 

" I know what you're going to say.. " He sadly said. " But, let me talk first before you send me away. "

" Eunhyuk, I- " She wanted to talk but his stubborness wouldnt stop. 

" Hyoyeon, " He started, " I know you're getting annoyed of me, I just- I just.. I wanted to try and at least get you back.. " He said. Hyoyeon opened but he kept stopping her. " I know.. I know.. Im not trying to get your pity on me. Im just letting you know that.. That.. " He hesitated to say for a minute, " Im going to let you go.. I know you're getting annoyed of me trying to get you... I want you to be happy and I know that you wont be happy if I keep bugging you. I know it hurts to see me and I - I dont want you hurting. So I promise I wont do it anymore. " He forced a smile. " It was nice knowing you, Hyo. " He gave her a sad smile and turned around.

" Wait, Eu- " Hyoyeon walked towards him but he turned around and spoke, stopping her.

" Can I ask you a question? " He asked.

" What..? " She slowly said.

" I know I said Im letting you go but is there a chance where we could at least.. At least be friends? " He slowly asked with hoping eyes. 

Hyoyeon stayed quiet for a moment and could literally see Eunhyuk shaking. She then shook her head and spoke, " Im sorry, but I dont think we should be friends. " 

Eunhyuk's whole world dropped. He held his tears in and forced a smile. " A-alright.. I- I just w-wanted to- to know.. " He stuttered, stopping his tears. He turned around and started walking away.

" Yah, you. " Hyoyeon called him, causing him to turn around.

" Y-yeah? " He said with a such sad tone. 

" Arent you going to ask why I dont want to be friends with you? " She raised her eye brows.

" Its okay.. I- I already know why. " He forced a smile and turned around. He was about to take a step but her voice stopped her.

" Well, you must be thinking of something else because you're walking away from me. " She said. 

Eunhyuk turned around and tilted her head. " Wh-what? " 

Hyoyeon showed her smile that sent Eunhyuk's heart to beat. " I dont want to be friends with you because I know I cant stand being friends with someone I truly and will always love. " Her sweet voice said and smiled at him. 

" Wh-what? " Eunhyuk couldnt believe what she was saying. 

Hyoyeon quietly giggled but didnt answer him. Instead, she walked towards the frozen Eunhyuk with a smile. Once she took her finaly step right in front of the frozen and clueless Eunhyuk, she gave him a soft giggle before she stood on her toes and wrapped her arms around his neck. 

" Hyoyeon? " He clulessly asked. 

She just laughed and let go of him. She placed both her hands on both his cheeks and slightly pressed it together, puckering his lips. " I. Love. You. " She slowly said, staring deep into his eyes with an eye smile. 

She waited for his reponse, but all he did was stand there for a second and just stared at each other. " R-really? " He finally spoke. Hyoyeon nodded with an answer. 

Eunhyuk immediantly hugged her, causing her to laugh and wrapped her arms around his waist as she rested her head on his chest. She slightly smiled but then yet, she felt guilty when she felt his tears on her shoulder. 

She let go of him and wiped his tears with her thumps. " Im so sorry. Whatever that happened to us, it was all my fault, not yours. "

" I- I was the o-one wh-who lied. " He said with tears but he was still happy at this moment. 

" You did it to protect your bestfriend. I honestly would've done the same if I were you. I should've just - " She put her head down.

Eunhyuk quietly chuckled. He just hugged her again and smiled. " Just stop talking right now. " He hugged her tighter and couldnt stop smiling. " I swear my whole life I will never lose you again.. Even if it is your fault. " He chuckled, still not letting go of her. 

Hyoyeon smiled and also held on to him tight. They both stayed in each other's arm in silence. They both missed this; together in each other's arms in the quiet, in this happy atmosphere. 

" Thank you, Hyo. Thanks for saying yes again. " He smiled and kissed her lips that he's missed for so long. 

Hyoyeon of course wouldnt miss this chance and kissed him back. When they both let go, they stared at each other's eyes and spoke. " You should be thanking Jessica. She's the one who convinced me. " She said as Eunhyuk tilted his head.

" What do you mean? " He asked.

* FLASHBACK *

" You still love him right? " Jessica asked.

Hyoyeon forced a smile and nodded. " I guess I just have to stick with it. " 

" Hyoyeon..Can I ask you a question? About the whole Eunhyuk knowing the bet thing?" 

She hesitated for a minute but eventually nodded. 

" The only reason why you're trying to stop your feelings is because of me right? Not him. " Jessica slowly asked.

" What are you talking about? " Hyoyeon said with confused eyes. 

" Just admit it, Hyo. I know you. You have strong feelings for him, I know you trust him and could have easily forgave him. "Jessica paused for a second and saw Hyoyeon's expression change a little. " If it wasnt for me, you and him could still be together. " 

" Why would you think that? "

" Because. Hyoyeon, you're my bestfriend. Which means you'll do anything to keep me happy or even be on my side. And right now, I know you're confuse. You want to be Eunhyuk but the one thing stopping you is me. Right? " 

Hyoyeon didnt say anything and focussed on her driving. 

" I know it hurts to ignore him, Hyoyeon. " Jessica spoke and took a deep breath, " And thats why you should be with him. " She said and immediantly got Hyoyeon attention. " You dont need my permission, Hyo. "

" No. I wont be with him. He lied, he- " 

" Hyoyeon! " Jessica spoke to get her attention. " You love the man for heavens sake! I know you, you think that I'll get mad at you for trusting Eunhyuk but I wont okay? "

" R-really? "

" Well.. Okay yes, I'd get mad, but! " Jessica admitted as Hyoyeon sighed. " But! Right now, I know you love him and he loves you. I cant see my own bestfriend suffering when I know its all for me. Hyoyeon, Im not going to let you choose between me or Eunhyuk.... And to be honest, I think Eunhyuk is the right guy for you. " She honestly spoke, shocking Hyoyeon a little.

This moment was once in a life thing. Hyoyeon or not even Krystal has ever heard Jessica saying something good about a man, especially in their situation right now. 

" W-what about Donghae? " Hyoyeon slowly asked.

" You and Eunhyuk have nothing to do with my relationship with him. The important thing is that you should be happy. " 

" Y-you wont get mad? " Hyoyeon looked at her after stopping at a red light.

Jessica smiled and nodded, " But, just to warn you, if you guys do get together, he may have to suffer. " She kindly warned him.

" Suffer? " 

" He still lied. It will take a few months for him to gain my full approval on him. " 

Hyoyeon let out a laugh and hugged Jessica. " Thanks for being the best friend ever. " She said.

Jessica smiled at their moment. It felt good hearing her bestfriend laugh and showing a true smile after for so long. 

*END OF FLASHBACK *

" Wow.. I never knew Jessica would do that.. " Eunhyuk surprisingly said after listening to Hyoyeon as they walk around the school.

" It wasnt just her though. " Hyoyeon spoke, " It was also Donghae, he's probably the main reason why we're here together right now as well. "

" Donghae? I dont think so." He shook his head and scoffed.

" He even cried and kneeled down in front of me.  " 

" D-donghae? S-seriously? " He said in disbelief. Hyoyeon nodded in respond. " W-what exactly did he say? "

"  He said a lot actually. He told me why you lied for him, how you tried to stop the bet, how guilty he is, but the one thing I remembered, especially that, is..To put my faith in you instead of trust. "

" Oh.. " 

" But to be honest, his words didnt convice me though.. "

" What did? "

" Well.. The way he looked.. His eyes.. I couldnt forget the way he broke down into tears when Jessica ignored him." She answered and let Eunhyuk talk but he didnt say anything and kept quiet. " You know,Oppa...Donghae's really different when it comes to you and Jessica. Like good different. He loves both you and Jessica. He's a real good friend. I'd regret loosing him if I were you. " She honestly spoke.

Eunhyuk forced a small laugh. " I already did regret losing him. "

" Why'd you throw him off? "

" Its just like the reason why you avoided me; I didnt want to be someone he can just use whenever he wants. "

Both Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon stayed quiet for a moment. They walked around the school, hand in hand and just kicked rocks on their way. " So what now..?"

Eunhyuk lifted his head and smiled. " I think I need to buy that fish a stupid nemo toy. " He joked.

Hyoyeon softly laughed. " You're really nice arent you? " She sarcastically said. " I miss that. " She smiled and went closer to him. 

Eunhyuk smiled and held her by the waist as they started walking to his car. 

 

" Hey, Sunny! " Eunhyuk brushed the little girl's hair, who opened the door for them.

" Hey, Sunny. " Hyoyeon smiled at her.

" Oppa? Unnie?" Sunny tilted her head. " What are you doing here? "

" We just wanted to see Donghae, is he busy? " He smiled.

" Donghae oppa? He's not here.. Dont you guys know? " Sunny asked.

" Know what..? " Both Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk asked.

" Donghae oppa went to China this morning. " Sunny said as the couple widened their eyes. Especially, Eunhyuk, who gasped.

" W-what are you talking about? " Eunhyuk stuttered.

" Oppa said he isnt coming back for a while, but he did tell me to give you this though. " Sunny said and ran off in the living room while Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon nervously looked at each other. 

A minute later, Sunny comes back with a note. " Oppa said to give it to you. Here. It seems really important the way he looked. " She said and gave it Eunhyuk.

He slowly unfolded the paper and quietly read the note with Hyoyeon. 

So, I guess you probably know I moved to China.. Im sorry I didnt tell you, I think it was best for you not to find out; you would've stopped me even if you werent sure about me huh? The reason why I moved is because I dont want the people I love getting hurt because of me. Seeing you and Jessica hurt was the worst image in my head. And I swore that I wouldnt let that happened again.. Thats why I moved.. I'll become a better man. Just watch! 

By the way, I talked to Hyoyeon, Im not sure if she believes me but I hope she does. She seemed pretty upset as well. I know she loves you, she just doesnt want to get hurt. So you, Lee Hyukjae, if you get her back, dont do anything stupid to loose her, you dont want to feel what Im feeling right now. And.. If Hyoyeon is there right now, tell her to watch over Jessica for me and you watch Hyoyeon for me, okay? 

Well, anyways.. This is the last paragraph I was saving the best for last...    

Im sorry for everything. For the things I've done to you.. We been bestfriends for years and yet I didnt realized what I was doing.. Im sorry. You know, even if you regretted being my friend, I didnt. Jessica may have been the best girl that happened to my life but you're the best guy that ever happened to my life.. Yeah, I know, it sounds gay but I love you man! I hope you'll forgive me someday! I'll see you in a few years! 

                                                                                                                                   - Your lovely, fish, Donghae! 

 

 

 

 

 

GUYS! SORRY FOR LATE UPDATES.. I SWEAR IM SO BUSY WITH SCHOOL NOW.. MY TEACHER GIVES SO MANY WORKS NOW.. 

I PROMISE I'LL TRY TO UPDATE AS SOON AS I CAN!!! TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS!