Break ups

Open Your Heart

* FLASHBACK * 

Jessica stomped away from Jay after swearing at him. She smiled at herself for doing that and walked to her locker. She was about to go to class when her phone started ringing. 
 

" Aish, he has a nerve. " Jessica hissed as she saw the Caller ID. She picked it up and started yelling, " JAY, I TOLD YOU T- " She stopped talking when she heard a familair voice. 

" .... Dont want you never Jessica. " She heard a pissed-off voice from Donghae.

" Oppa? " She said to herself.

" Why? Are you worried that she might believe me? " She heard Jay. 

" Because I dont want guys like you near her. " She heard Donghae threatening him. She smirked and immediantly felt so special, knowing that her boyfriend is protecting her. 

" Then shouldnt YOU back off? You are the one who's playing with her. " She heard Jay once again, making her frown and started paying attention to the conversation. She suddenly started panicing when she heard a big thud through the phone. " Are you gonng punch me now? Huh? " She heard Jay taunting him.

Worried that Donghae might get into a fight, she immediantly started running to the last place she saw Jay. As soon as she saw DOnghae pinning Jay on the wall, she was about to run to him when she heard Jay say something that caught her attention. 

" ....admit it, this whole thing started with a bet. Nothing more but money was in your head. " Jay said. 

Wanting to know Donghae's answer, she immediantly hid behind the wall. Remembering that she still didnt hang up, she started listening to the conversation through the phone.

" I already admitted that this whole thing started with a bet." Jessica was immediantly wide eyed. She gasped, completely zoning out as the words echoed in her head. He admitted it.. He lied to me.. She thought. 

She continued to listen to the conversation. " Jessica, that one who's been through so much because of us men. So do you think that she'll believe you if you said you still love her after all this time? " Jay asked. " Or were you gonna keep it from her? " He said. 

Jessica waited for Donghae's answer but all she heard was Jay's cockly laugh. " How long do you think you could keep it from her? Till you guys break up...? Or till you get a better girl? " He asked.

Jessica let her tears out when Donghae didnt answer the question. She knew what it meant and immediantly hung up. 

She ran away from the conversation with tears. He loves me.. I know he does.. He cant do this.. She kept trying to convince herself but nothing worked. Her tears kept going and the words echoed in her head.

Jessica changed her direction when she heard steps coming. Not wanting to be seen, she immediantly turned around which was her locker. She quickly opened it and hid her face. 

" J-Jessica? A-are you okay? " She heard Donghae's voice behind her.

She held her breath but wiped her tears away. She took a big breath and turned around with a smile. " I-Im fine. " She smiled.

" W-were you crying? " He asked.

" I-is it obvious? I just had a little talk with Jay, and well, I guess I got a little emotional there. " She answered as she wiped her tears.

" Oh.. " Donghae said but smiled. He walked towards Jessica and wiped her tears. " Well, dont worry. I wont let him hurt you. " 

Jessica smiled and put his hands down. " I have to get to class, I'll see you later. " She said before walking away. 

I trust you, oppa. Im giving you a chance. I know you love me.. You cant lie to me.. Jessica thought, holding back her tears. 

* END OF FLASHBACK *

I cant believe, he'd lie to me again.. Jessica thought as she walked away from Donghae without a word. She didnt care that people were staring at her when she let her tears out. 

She was about to open the door, when a hand held hers. " What's the matter?I answered your question. " She heard Donghae say.

Jessica let out a laugh and turned around to reveal her teary face, " You're a liar, Donghae... I know about the bet. " She said as she yanked her hands away from him.

" W-what are you talking about? " Donghae stuttered. He could literally feel his heart beating faster.

" STOP LYING, DONGHAE! " Jessica yelled, getting everyone's attention. 

Not wanting to cause trouble, he took her hand and lead her outside. " What? Are you suddenly ashamed of yourself right now? " Jessica gave him a sly laugh.

" Jessica, just let me explain first. " He said with a calming voice.

" Explain? Okay, go ahead. Explain to me why you kept lying to me when I kept asking you about this. Explain to me how you could look at me in the eye and lie! " She yelled, releasing all her tears and started punching him in the chest.

" J-jessica.. I-im sorry. Please. " Donghae started tearing up when he saw how much Jessica was hurt right now. " I had no choice, ple- "

" No choice? NO CHOICE? SO YOU THINK LYING TO ME WAS BETTER? " Jessica yelled, still punching him. 

" Jessica, please. " Donghae said trying to get a hold of her hands but as soon as he did, she yanked her hands away, causing herself to fall down. " J-Jessica! " He was about to help her up but she pushed him away.

" DONT YOU GO NEAR ME! " She yelled and pushed him away. She stood up by herself and laughed when she saw Donghae's watery eyes. " You're really good at acting arent you? You even have ' tears. ' "

Donghae didnt know what to say. He opened his mouth, but no words came out. "How could you do this to me, Donghae? Not only you made a bet about me but you also lied to me! After alll this time! " SHe started crying once again. 

" I know and Im sorry. If I told you the truth, you might've hated me. " He explained.

" So you think that lying to me would be a great idea? " She raised her eyebrows as Donghae kept his head down. " You know.. To be honest, if you told me the truth right away, none of this shouldnt be happening... Do you know why? " She asked as he shook his head. " Because I knew you were a changed man, I knew that something was up when you asked me out but I said yes, because I thought you might be the one who was actually worth waiting for. But now? Since you lied to me.. I just.. I just- Arggh, I just feel so stupid. " She laughed at herself as her tears kept coming.

She looked at Donghae straight in the eye. " I gave you 2 weeks to tell me the truth, Donghae. No.. Actually, you had months to tell me the truth but you just had to wait for me to find out. "

" I - I didnt mean for all this to happen.. " He finally spoke.

" Why? was is it because you knew that you and I wouldnt happen? Was it because you knew that you could never love a girl like me? " She asked.  

" Aniyo! Its just.. I .. " Donghae stuttered not knowing what to say.

" Why did you do this to me, Donghae? What did I do to make you hurt me so bad? You knew what I've been through my past life but you still do it. Why? Do you hate me that much? "

" No! No! Of course! I just- "

" Was it because I said no to your dates back then? Was it because I always ignored you? "

" No! Its just.. I .." Donghae sighed and let his down. " I - I dont know why .. Im sorry... " 

Jessica was broken hearted. Knowing that the guy she loves just played with her for now reason at all.

Jessica forced a small laugh and raised her hand, prepared to slap him. But once she saw Donghae who was already closing his eyes, getting ready for the hit, she dropped her hands and forced a laugh. " You're the one who hurt me but yet I cant hurt you back. " She said. 

" You cant hurt me because you love me, Jessica. " He started, " And I promise I wo- "

" You're right, I cant hurt you because I love you. Then how did you manage to hurt me this bad? Huh Donghae?" She asked him but he said no words and stared at her with such sad eyes. " Well, congratulations, Donghae. You won the bet. You managed to melt Jung Jessica's heart. " She forced a smile and walked away.

" B-but, Jessica.. I do love you! " He said, despressed for her. 

" You love me? " She turned around and laughed. " Donghae, do you even know what the word ' love' is?...Donghae if you love me, you shouldve never lied to me and let me get hurt.." She said as he looked at him with angered eyes. " Donghae, have you ever wondered why a girl like me, would say yes to a guy like you when you didnt even earn my whole trust? " She asked as he shook his head. " Because trust would always need proof... But faith doesnt. I had faith in you Donghae, but you managed to throw it away. Thanks. " She said and walked away. 

Donghae didnt do anything but finally let his tears out. He wanted to chase for her, but he couldnt. He knew he had no right. 

" By the way, DOnghae," She turned around. " if Eunhyuk's planning on doing something to Hyoyeon, please tell him to stop, the last thing I want is for Hyoyeon to get hurt. " She said and walked away.

 

" What happened? " Hyoyeon asked as soon as she stepped into the Jung's residents.

" I dont know.. She came home crying. I wanted to ask what was wrong but then she locked herself in her room. " Krystal worriedly asked and lead Hyoyeon to her room.

Hyoyeon knocked and softly spoke. " Jessica, its me. Open the door. " She waited for an answer but they heard nothing. Hyoyeon then suddenly started digging through her bag. She took out a key that matched well with Jessica's door lock.

" So thats where the spare key went.. " Krystal mummbled.

" I have no idea why she gave me this. She sa- JESSICA! " She stopped and yelled as soon as she opened the door to see Jessica climbing over the window. 

" UNNIE! DONT! " Krystal yelled as both her and Hyoyeon pulled Jessica out the window.

" Yah, what the hell? " Jessica said as she rubbed her arms from the pain since Hyoyeon and Krystal gripped on her too tight.

" YOU WERE ABOUT TO JUMP OFF! " Hyoyeon yelled.

" UNNIE! YOU SAID YOU WOULDNT DO- " Krystal's yelling was cut off. 

" IM WASNT JUMPING OFF! " Jessica yelled to get their attentiion. " I was just trying to fix the antenna for the cables, but I couldnt reach it. "  She said as Hyoyeon and Krystal sighed in relief. " And please, I would kill myself for that bastard?Yeah right. " She said and laughed.

Hyoyeon and Krystal looked at each other then at Jessica. " W-what happened? " They slowly asked.

" The bet was true. " Jessica immediantly said with her eyes on glued onto the TV. Hyoyeon and Krsytal knew she her attention was even on the TV, her eyes looked hurt and devestated. 

Both Hyoyeon and Krystal gasped. " Bwoh? How do you know?! "

" He admitted it 2 weeks ago, he just didnt know I found out. " Jessica forced a laugh. " You know, when I asked him today, he lied.. again. Can you believe that? " 

The room suddenly went silent. Both Hyoyeon and Krystal didnt know what to say and looked at Jessica with sympathy.They immediantly went to her side when Jessica started crying. 

" Im such a . " Jessica said as she cried but then forced a laugh. " He knew what I've been through and yet he still hurts me? I trusted him.. I did everything for him.. A-and he does this to me? Why? " She asked. " Am I a really bad person? Am I really bad that all of this happens to me? " She said with such sad and frustated eyes.

" Ani, ani, dont think like that, Jessica. " Hyoyeon comforted.

" Unnie, you did nothing wrong. Its just those stupid guys, its not your fault. " Krystal said with angered eyes but with a sad tone. 

" Then why me? I- " She stopped when Hyoyeon's phone rang. 

Hyoyeon quickly digs through her bag and reaches her phone. Expecting to answer it, Jessica and Krystal watched Hyoyeon stare at her phone that kept ringing. The sisters saw how scared Hyoyeon was in her eyes. 

Jessica and Krystal reached over and saw the caller ID; Eunhyuk oppa. 

" D-Do you think.." Krystal stopped half way when Jessica held her arm, signalling her to stop. They both looked at Hyoyeon, who already had a few tears coming out. 

" Hyoyeon.. You dont know.. Maybe he had no id-  " Jessica was about to say something but she cut her off.

" B-but he lied to me.. W-what if he had something to- to do with it? " Hyoyeon quietly asked.

" Unnie, you never know. He might be just covering up for Donghae; I mean he is his bestfriend. " Krystal said.

" Yeah.. Exactly.. Donghae's bestfriend.. He's his bestfriend for years.. W-what if they both planned this ..? To hurt both of us.. " She asked, holding back her tears. 

Jessica and Krystal both didnt know what to say since they had no proof; did he really mean to hurt Hyoyeon or he has no idea what happened. 

 

As days passed, Jessica has been cold as ever. She;s a lot meaner to the boys than before, but the only boy she cant talk to is Donghae. It still hurt to see him, especially when he's acting like nothing is wrong. He's smiling and laughing as if he hadnt met Jessica. Because of this, she transferred universties to avoid him. 

As for Donghae, he knew that it was his fault why they broke up, why Jessica was hurt so much. Because of this, he tried to move on but couldnt. He always wanted to talk to Jessica but seeing her hurt so much, it hurt him as well; he wanted to her happy, so he let her go. His mind is always focussed on Jessica, even though he tried so hard to forget about her. He always acted like he doesnt know her; when they pass each other, he smiled, waves and walks away. He flirts with girls again but doesnt date them since all he cared about is Jessica. 

As for Hyoyeon, she's been avoiding Eunhyuk as well. At first, she wasnt and tried to act normal around him but she couldnt, knowing that Jessica was hurt because of Eunhyuk's bestfriend. She's afraid to talk to him since she knew he lied. So basically, when ever she talks to him, she always feels like he's lying to her. 

As for Eunhyuk, since him and Donghae barely talk now, he doesnt know much about the break up. All he knows is they broke up but doesnt know why. He always asked Hyoyeon, but she would always act weird around him until she started avoiding him. 

" Hyoyeon. " He called his girlfriend who was getting out of class. 

They both made eye contact but Hyoyeon left right away and literally started walking to her car as fast as she can. Eunhyuk couldnt keep his curiousity anymore and chased after her. 

" W-wait! Hyoyeon! " He said as he chased her to her car. He finally got a hold of her and asked. " Hyoyeon-ah, did I do something? If I did, tell me. I swear I'll make things better. " He worriedly said.

" You seem like you already know what to say. " She said as she retrived her hands back and was about to open her car coor but he went on her way.

" Hyoyeon, please tell me. Im not letting you leave until you tell me. " He said with a serious tone but with a worried expression. 

" Hyukjae, you already know what you did, there's no point in asking me this. " She rolled her eyes and tried to push him away but he was too heavy. 

" But Hyoyeon, I honestly dont know what you're talking about. " He innocently said. He knows that if Hyoyeon calls his him by his real name, he's in deep trouble. 

Hyoyeon forced a laugh, " Can you just stop acting? I already know everything about the bet. " 

" I-is that why they broke up? " Eunhyuk said wide eyed.

Hyoyeon laughed again, " You really dont know when to stop huh? "

Eunhyuk tilted his head, wondering why she's so mad at him because of the bet. AFter a second of thinking, he finally got it and spoke. " No no no no no, please dont think like that! I would never make a bet about you! I swear! " He said, trying to convince her. 

" HOW AM I NOT SUPPOSE THINK LIKE THAT WHEN YOU LIED TO ME?! " She yelled, getting everyone's attention.

Eunhyuk didnt care if people were staring, all he cared about was Hyoyeon. " W-what are you talking about? " He asked with a worried face still not knowing what he lied about.

" Will you stop with this?! " She yelled at him and pushed him away. 

Eunhyuk stood there for a second, thinking hard about what he lied about. Until finally, he got the idea. 

" W-wait! Hyoyeon. " He called her as he caught her arm, before going in her car.

" Dont touch me! " Hyoyeon yelled and yanked her hand away.

" Please, Hyo, just believe me. I'd never do that to you! " He pleaded.

"How do you think Im suppose to think if you lied to me about it? " 

" Im sorry, Hyoyeon. I just- I- I didnt want Donghae getting caught, I kn- " Before he could continue, she of course cut him off. 

" You lied to me and let Donghae hurt Jessica?! How does that make anything better?! " She yelled at him. 

" You have to understand! Donghae's my bestfriend. I couldnt le- "

" But Jessica's my bestfriend! Eunhyuk,you had no right to lie to me about this even if Donghae was your bestfriend, what you did was wrong, what he did was wrong. " 

" I know, I know and Im sorry. I just - I ..Please, just give me another chance, I swear I'll never lie to you again. " He pleaded.

" I know you wont.. Because we're done. " She said her final words and went inside her car. But before she could close her car door, Eunhyuk came in between and pleaded.

" Please, Hyoyeon. I love you.Dont do this. "He cried.

" If you really do love me, then let me go." She stared at him with tears in her eyes.

Seeing how much pain she has, Eunhyuk froze, thinking that it was his fault. She managed to push him slightly and close the door. She looked at Eunhyuk before driving away. 

 

" I-I hurt her so bad. " Eunhyuk started as he waved his soju bottle around.  " Y-y-you should o-of seen heer face.. She she was hurt soo bad.. "

" Eunhyuk, enough of this. You're drunk. " Joon tried to take away the bottle but he moved his hands away.

" S-so?! Who cares if- if im drunk. " He stubbornly said. 

" Come on, Hyoyeon would want this. Just stop. " Joon said to make things better but it only made things worse. Eunhyuk just sat there frozen again and started to tear up. But the good thing is that Joon managed to get the bottle away from him. 

Eunhyuk let his head down to hide his tears. " This is all my fault.. If - if only - I - I told her.. T-to warn her.. "

" Dont think like that. " Joon patted his friends back. " Its not your fault. You were protecting your bestfriend. "

" B-but l-like she said.. I-it was still wrong.. I - I should've told her.. " He said keeping his head down and let his tears out.

" Just stop thinking like that. You wanted to protect Donghae and you did. Its not your fault. "

" You're right.. " Eunhyuk head went up and stared at Joon with watery eyes but still had that bit of an anger. " Its all his fault. " 

Before Joon could say anything, Eunhyuk stood up,exited the bar and went to his car. " Yah! Wait up! " He yelled and quickly paid the bartender the money before heading out.  " Aish. " He scratched his head in frustation. 

He called the nearest cab and told them to follow Eunhyuk, making sure he wont get into trouble.

 

" Yah! Yah! Eunhyuk. " Joon tried to stop Eunhyuk after reaching their destination. He took Eunhyuk by the shoulder but he yanked it away and kept walking to the door.

" YAH! OPEN THIS DOOR! " Eunhyuk yelled, banging to the door.

" Eunhyuk d- " Before Joon could say his words, the door already opened ot reveal Seungri.

" What are you do- " Eunhyuk didnt even let Seungri finish his sentence and pushed him out of the way.

" DONGHAE! " He yelled and went into his bestfriend's room. 

" Hey, sup Euny- " Yongguk didnt even get to greet him since Eunhyuk barged in the room and attacked Donghae. 

" YAH! WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?! " Donghae yelled and pushed him off and quickly stood up. 

Eunhyuk wanted to yell at him, but Joon and Seungri were holding him back. 

After staring at him for a few moments, " Are you drunk? " Donghae asked,notcing that he was loosing his balance.

" DO YOU EVEN CARE IF I AM?!  " Eunhyuk yelled wantingto punch him but the boys were holding onto him.

" WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM? IM JUST - " Donghae yelled back since his bestfriend was too stubborn.

" HYOYEON JUST BROKE UP WITH ME. SHE THINKS I HAD SOME STUPID PLAN TO DO WITH HER! " He yelled.

" Bwoh? W-when? " Donghae was shocked. He knew that Eunhyuk loves her a lot, which means he'd be devasted if they ever broke up. 

Eunhyuk laughed and yanked his arms away from Seungri and Yongguk. " Like you even care. This whole thing was your fault. " He hissed.

" What are you talking about? I'd never do anything between you and Hyoyeon. "

" She thinks I had something to do with your stupid bet with Jessica because I had to protect you! " 

" .... I-I didnt mean for that.. " Donghae inoccently said but with shocked eyes.

" Yes you did, Donghae. because if you didnt mean for all this to happen, you should've never made that bet. " Eunhyuk said and quickly glared at Yongguk, Youngjae and Seungri.

" Im sorry. I seriously didnt mean it though. " Donghae apologized.

" ' Im sorry, I didnt mean it. ' " Eunhyuk repeated him. " Is that what your always going to say? You say the same stupid sentence everytime you mess something up for me. " He stared at Donghae with angered eyes. " You know, to be honest, if I hadnt been your bestfriend for years, I might have been in a good life right. " He honestly spoke.

Donghae said nothing and stared at Eunhyuk with sad eyes. He had no idea that Eunhyuk felt this way about him. 

" Donghae, I stayed by your side all this time because I knew you needed me, but you're expecting too much, man. Everytime I try to help you, I end up getting in the mess, without you giving a about it... But then somehow, I manage to keep my anger. " Eunhyuk honestly spoke. " But not this time, this time you really did it, Donghae. Not only did you manage to break up my relationship with the best girl that's ever happened to my life, you also broke our friendship." He saidhis final words before turning around and walking away.

" Yah, what's that suppose to mean? " Donghae said, tryingto control his tears.

" From this day on, you and I are no longer friends, no longer brothers. "Eunhyuk said and walked away from them. 

 

 

 

 

 

:O 3 break ups in one chapter.. Too much drama too much! LOL. 
Hope you like this one, a lot of drama right? Ahaha, TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!