Flashbacks

Open Your Heart

 

During the past week, Donghae and Jessica have been the happiest couple. Donghae is always there for her in the hopsital and Jessica is always their to entertain him. Hyoyeon and Krystal smiled watching the couple since  they havent seen Jessia this happy before. Same goes for Eunhyuk, he knew that even Donghae has dated so much girls, Donghae was never this happy. So after a week Jessica got discharged from the hospital, she decided to vist someone.

" Krystal,  you're not coming?" Jessica asked as she recieved her sweater from Donghae.

" Why would I?" Krystal said with a cold tone. 

Jessica sighed at her sister. She didnt want to force her own littler sister into doing something she didnt want to do. " Alright, I'll call after okay?" 

" Yeah. " Krystal forced a smile and got back to the TV.

Donghae supported Jessica to the car since she's still a little weak. As Donghae drove, he knew that Jessica was thinking hard about something. He held her hand, slightly surprising her.

" Are you sure you want to do this?" Donghae worriedly asked, still driving. 

Jessica just smiled and held his hand tighter. " Yeah.. I have to."

" Are you sure? The doctor said you should be resting, we can do this another time. " He asked. 

" Ani, its alright. " She forced a smile and rested her head on the window, looking at the blue clear sky. She closed her eyes and thought back then. 

* FLASHBACK * 

" Eomma..? Are you okay?" A 7 years old girl asked her mom.

Her mom wiped her tears and forced a smile. " Im fine, Jessica. You should go back to sleep. "

" I cant sleep though. " Jessica sat on her mom's lap. " I wanna know whats wrong. Why are you crying?"

Her mom smiled once again, " Im fine, just go to sleep. You have school tomorrow, I dont want you to get tired. " 

" But Eom- "

" Jessica, come on, dont be stubborn. Listen to Eomma."

Jessica sighed and looked at her mom's sad eyes. " Okay.. But please tell me whats wrong tomorrow. " 

Her mom forced a small and weak smile. " Lets go to bed, come on. " She said as she got up.

She held Jessica's little hands and lead her upstairs to her room. 


Jessica excitedly ran home with her lunch box in her hand. She waved to the bus driver who was passing by and smiled at her. She started skipping once she got tired, still with a big smile on her face, but her smile dropped when she saw her mom crying as her dad completely ignored her. She stopped in her track and listened.

" Yunho! Answer me! How could you do this?!" Her mom yelled in tearsbut all her dad did was just look at her with no expression. He looked at her in disgusts and walked away to the car. Her mom quickly went in front of him, blocking his way.

He looked at her with such annoyed eyes, " Go Ara, please get out of my way or I will leave this family. "

" Bwoh..? " Go Ara asked in disbelief. " You cheat on me and tell me to go away? I just want an answer, Yunho!" She yelled.

" You really want an answer?" He raised his eyebrows as she desperately nodded. " Because I never loved you and I never will. I love someone elese now. " He said looking at her eyes.

" BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN YOU COULD CHEAT ON ME!" Go Ara yelled in anger. " WHAT ABOUT JESSICA AND KRYSTAL?"

" And what about them? " He blankly asked.

Go Ara slapped him across the face, "  Y-you.. You are not the man I married! You are not the girl's father! "

" Then maybe you shoud've never married me then. " He smirked.

" They deserve better! How could you?!" 

" Werent you listening? I. never. Loved. You. Okay? I tried to, but I couldnt. " 

I LOVED YOU, YUNHO! I TRUSTED YOU! I FOUGHT FOR YOU!"

Yuno forced a sly laughed and smiked. "  No one asked you to fight for me, Go Ara.  " He said as he walked passed her and into his car. " Dont wait for me later. " He said and drove away. 

Jessica saw her mom drop on the ground and started sobbing. She quickly ran to her mom's side and hugged her. " Eomma.. Eomma..?" 

" Jessica... " She forced a weak smile. " Di-did you finish your lunch?"

" Eomma.. " Jessica couldnt hide her tears and hugged her mom. 

Later that night, while Jessica was eating, she could hear rustling upstairs. She got curious and went in her parents' room to see her mom packing.

" Eomma..?" Jessica softly called her as she went in the room.

Go Ara turned around and smiled at her daughter. " Are you done eating?"

" Why are you cleaning your closet? A-and.. And putting them in the bag?" Jessica asked ashe sat beside her mom on the bed.

Go Ara forced a smile. " Eomma just needs a vacation. Dont worry, I'll be back. "

" C-can I come? Krystal too?" She asked.

" Sorry, Jessica but - "

" Please, I wanna go where Eomma goes. " She cutely smiled. 

 


After Go Ara and her daughters left, they used all their money in motels and also gas for the car. They didnt have a place to go after that. Didnt want to see her daughters suffering, Go Ara went back to the house with Jessica and Krystal in the car. 

" I see your back. " Yunho said with a blank expression when he saw who knocked on the door.

Go Ara held back her tears and took a deep breath, " I need some money, Yunho. For the girls. "

Yunho laughed, " Do you expect me to give you money after you run away for 2 weeks?" 

" Please, Yunho. Its for our daughter. "

" Our? Didnt you say Im not the father of them?" 

" Please, Yunho.. " She got to her knees. " Just a little bit of money. Thats all I ask. "

" No means no. There's no point in giving you money since it'll be wasted anyway. "

" Please, Yunho... I'll give you the girls' back then. " SHe cried.

" No, I never even wanted them. " Yunho rolled his eyes.

" Please Yunho.. I - '"

" You're wasting your time. " Yunho cut her off and slammed the door on her face. 

Go Ara cried in the doorstep and looked back to see her daughters looking through the window with sad eyes. 

" Where are we going?" Jessica asked as soon as Go Ara entered the car. 

She forced a smile and looked at Jessica. " Put on your seatbelt and your sister's too. " She said and drove off. 

After driving, they finally reached their destination. Go Ara wiped her tears before turning around to see Jessica sadly looking at her while Krystal was sleeping.

" Where are we? " Jessica asked.

" At a daycare, you girls' will be staying here. " Go Ara weakly smiled.

" T-then how come it says .. Orp.. Orphan..Orphanage..? "Jessica asked as she read the big sign on the building. Go Ara avoided eye contact with her daughter and held back tears. " Eomma..? A-are you giving us away..?" She sadly asked.

" Its for the best, sweetie. "

" Ani, I dont want to. "

" But Jessica, you guys will live better here. Theres food and beds. " Go Ara smiled.

" But you arent going to be there. " Jessica stared into her mom's eyes with sad eyes. " Where ever Eomma goes, I'll go. "

Go Ara smiled at her daughter. She took her daughters hand and kissed it. " Thank you, Jessica. " 

Jessica smiled back as Go Ara turned around and started the car. 

 


As weeks passed, Go Ara and the girls have been suffering more and more. Since Krystal was too young, she ended up getting sick and had to be taken to the hospital. They ended up using the money from the car to pay for the bill, leaving them with no money. They ended up sleeping everywhere; the parks, streets, parking lots, etc. Not only that, but since they had no food, no shelter, the girls would end up getting sick, same goes for Go Ara. 

Go Ara wanted to go to her family but she felt like she abandon her own family when she married Yunho; she felt like she had no right to ask for their help. She couldnt watch her daughters suffer day and night, but she didnt know what to do. Until their lukcy day came.

It was one, cold morning at a parking lot. The girls cuddled with their mom for warmth. but still couldnt sleep. She kept her eyes close for the passed hours but she could never sleep. Thinking that her daughters might die because she dragged them into this, she couldnt live with that guilt. She was almost half to sleep because of exchaustion when she heard someone call her name.

" Go Ara? I-is that you? " She heard a female voice.

She slowly and weakly opened her eyes to a female in front of her. " U-unnie..?"  Go Ara weakly said.

" Go Ara.." Her sister said with a small smile. She frowned when she heard one of the girls, Jessica who started coughing.

" Eomma.. Eomma.. " Jessica mummbled and cuddled closer to Go Ara. 

" Come on. lets go inside. " Her sister said as she gently supported Go Ara to stand up. She slowly carried Jessica bridal style while Go Ara took Krystal. 

They went inside to be greeted by guards. " Annyeonghaseyo, Boa-sshi. " They bowed.

" Bring these girls upstairs in my office. " Boa said as she passed Krystal to the guard who had a confuse expression. " I'll get some food, just follow the man. " She smiled at Go Ara and turned to the other direction. 

 

" H-how did you find me?" Go Ara asked as she watched Boa give some food to her daughters.

" This is my boyfriend's company. I also work here as well. " She answered as she sat in front of her sister. She looked at Go Ara with sad eyes. Go Ara had black dark circles under her eyes, her hair was tangles and bushy, she looked desperate for food but at the same time, Go Ara tried to be strong. " Go Ara.. why didnt you call us?"  Boa asked.

" Because I left you.. I left Eomma and Appa.. " She sadly answered with her head down. " I know you hated me.. I le- "

" Hated you? We never did. The only reason why we didnt call you is because we thought you hated us. Right after you married Yunho, you started igno- " Boa stopped when she noticed Go Ara's expression darken. " Go Ara..? Did Yunho did this to you? " She asked. 

Go Ara didnt say anything and kept her head down. She clenched onto her pants and got up. " Is it okay if I go to the washroom?" Go Ara suddenly asked.

" Neh.. Its just right in the corner. " Boa said, wondering why she's like that.

Go Ara forced a weak smile before walking away. Jessica and Krystal watch their mom walk pass them as her tears came out.

" Eomma doesnt like it when she hears that name. " Jessica spoke as she looked at Boa.

" What happpened?" Boa asked as she sat beside Jessica.

" Ap- He.. He has another girl now.. He doesnt love Eomma.. or us.. " Jessica said with her head down as she fed Krystal.

Boa didnt say anything and just gasp. She clenched her fist and swore under her breath. The washroom door suddenly opened to reveal Go Ara. Her eyes were red from the crying but she still forced a smile. 

" Can I talk to you oustide?" Boa asked and Go Ara nodded. She followed her to the office balcony and sat on the chairs. Once the sisters made eye conact Go Ara forced a smile once again. 

Jessica watched from inside the office. She mummering for a few minutes then She saw her mom drop down on her knees and cry in front of Boa, but Boa just bend down, helped her up and hugged her. Jessica watched as her aunt and sister cried together in each other's arms. 

 

A full month passed and everything was going well. Krystal and Jessica are happy with their aunt and grandparents, but the only person who wasnt happy was Go Ara. She still hasnt got over Yunho. At first it was going well but when she saw Yunho with his girl everything came back in her head. She got too depressed; all she did was sleep and cry all day. She would lock herself in her room and cry. SHe was so depressed that she was willing to kill herself.

Jessica came back from her school with a smile." Auntie! Im home!" She yelled. 

" Hey, sweetie." Boa came out from the kitchen and kissed Jessica on the head. 

" Where's Eomma?" She cutely asked.

" She's in her room right now. " Boa said but hid her sadness. She forced a smile and looked at Jessica, " WHy dont you go and help you sister eat, I'll go get your mom. " She smiled as Jessica nodded.

She went in the dining room to be greeted by Krystal. " Unnie~~~" Krystal cutely said with open arms.

" Annyeong! DId you eat yet?" Jessica smiled at her sister. 

" Aniyo.. I was waiting for unnie. " She smiled. 

Jessica opened to say something but instead heard a scream from upstairs. Jessica and Krystal quickly ran up and found their aunt kneeling and crying in front of a body. 

Krystal suddenly held Jessica's hand as they slowly walked to the scene. The sisters then gasped when they saw the face of the female body.. It was none other than Go Ara. 

" EOMMA!" Krystal and Jessica both yelled and went by their mom's side.

" Eomma! Eomma! Wake up! Eomma!" Jessica and Krystal kept yelling as they shook her. Jessica looked away, seeing her sister cry in front of her dead mom. Her eyes then lead to a small bottle on the ground as the pills rolled out of it.  She cried harder and slapped away the bottle. 

Jessica felt arms around her shoulder and turned to see her aunt with red eyes. " This is his fault.. Its all his fault!! ITS HIS FAULT!! ITS ALL HIS!" Jessica yelled and ran out of the room. 

* END OF FLASHBACK * 

Jessica shook her head and wiped away the tears. " You okay?" Donghae asked as he held her hands. 

" Im fine. " She forced a smile. She then looked outside the window and straighten her back. " Its that one right? The green apartment?" She pointed at a green building as Donghae quietly nodded. 

He stopped the car in front of the building and supported Jessica to the apartment. She stopped at the door that said #18. " Are you sure you're ready?" Donghae worriedly asked. Jessica nodded with a weak smile. 

He stepped up and knocked on the door. They waited for a few seconds before they heard a male voice through the other side. 

" I already told you, I'll pay for the rent when I - " The man stopped talking as soon as he opened the door to see his daughter in front of him. " Jessica. " He smiled. He stepped closer to her but Donghae pulled her back as he glared at the man. He clearly got the message and stepped back. 

" Im not here for a reuninion, Yunho. " Jessica's cold voice said as she glared at him. " Im only here to give you this. " She said as she reached for her bag and took out a think envelope. She gave it to him but still having that cold, angered eyes on Yunho. 

Yunho took it without hesitation and opened it. What he saw was almost 800,000 won. He smiled widely and was about to hug Jessica, but she stepped back. He got the message and stopped his steps. " Thank you, Jessica. Really thank you. " He said with a smile.

" Im only doing this once. Find a job, dont expect me or Krystal help anymore. " Jessica coldly said before walking away with Donghae's hand in hers. 

" Wait, Jessica, " Yunho said and she stopped her track. " Why are you doing this? " He asked.

" You asked for money right? " Jessica said as she looked at him in the eye with no expression. 

" You know what I mean. " Yunho said.

" You may be my real father but I will never be a person like you.  " She said with cold eyes before walking away with Donghae. 

Jessica walked as fast as she can to the car with Donghae following behind her. Once the couple got inside the car, she took a big breath and bit her lip. 

" You can let it out. " Donghae held her hand and caressed it. 

Jessica weakly smiled at her then suddenly let her tears out. " I didnt know it was this hard. " She forced a small laugh and wiped her tears.

" But you were still strong. " Donghae smiled as she smiled back. " Come on, put your seatbelt on, we'll go somewhere to cheer you up. " He kindly smiled and started the car.

" Where are we going?" Jessica asked as she wiped her tears and put her seatbelt on. 

" You'll see. " He smiled and drove off.

 

" I should've known. " Jessica smiled as they entered the carnival. 

" Then why did you ask where we were going?" Donghae laughed and put his arms around her waist. Jessica just stuck her tongue at him and laughed. " See? Now that is a real laugh. " He smiled as he pointed at her smile. 

" Well then.. Thank you. " She kissed his cheeks and held his hand. 

" Jessica. " Donghae called her. She turned her head but was greeted by a sudden soft kiss on the lips. She playfully pushed him away and blushed. " You'll have to get use to that. " He smiled and pulled her closer. 

The couple walked around the carnival, played games, and went on the rides. But they're most favourite was the ferris wheel. 

" Remember that time when you got scared riding this?" Donghae laughed.

" Shut up. " Jessica pouted and lightly slapped his stomach. 

Donghae moved a round as a joke causing the cart to move around. In reaction, Jessica let out a small scream and held onto Donghae's arm. " For a tough girl, you get scared easily. " He joked as she pouted once again and stuck her tongue at him. She turned away from him and cutely crossed her arms.

Donghae laughed at her childness side and put her arms around her shoulder. He pulled her closer, making her smile. " Remember our first date here?" He asked with a smile. 

" First date? Here? Are you talking about right now?" Jessica tilted her head.

" Nooo, Im talking about out first date. You know? When we got the free tickets from our project. " He smiled.

" That wasnt a date! We werent even together. " She laughed.

" True we werent together but we were alone and was having fun here. " 

" We were with Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk. " 

" True but they left us. Meaning we were both alone. "

Jessica suspiciously looked at him. " Did you plan that night?" 

" Well, if you call forcing Eunhyuk to ask Hyoyeon just so you could come, I guess it was planned. " He cutely smiled and rubbed the back of his neck.

Jessica hit his stomach and gasped. " You used my Hyoyeonnie?!" 

" No! Of course not! " Donghae pouted at her hard hit and rubbed his stomach. " Eunhyuk did like her. And if it wasnt for me, Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon wouldnt be together right now. " He proudly smiled. 

Jessica just laughed at her boyfriend, " Good, because if you did, I wouldnt hesitate pushing you off this cart. " She threatened him.

" Oh please, you love me too much. " Donghae smiled and pulled her closer to him. 

" I know I do.. " Jessica frowned. " Its sad. " She joked.

" Yah! Thats mean!" Donghae pouted as Jessica just laughed at her boyfriend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry! I havent updated for so long! I've been busy with school :( But I hope this chapter was good for you! Comment of what you think!