Sober

Open Your Heart

" She really said that? " Eunhyuk said after listening to Donghae's story. 

Donghae sighed as he nodded, " I dont blame her.. It was my fault anyway. " 

Eunhyuk opened his mouth to say something, but got interuppted by his fiance who was coming out from the hallway. " Donghae, I didnt know you played piano. " Hyoyeon said in amazement. 

" What are you talking about? " Donghae tilted his head. 

Hyoyeon sat down beside Donghae, " There's a black big paino in the play room. "

" Oh, " Donghae replied. He frowned a little, " I- I dont play that piano, I bought it- "

" Wait, so Kai plays it? " Eunhyuk asked.

Donghae chuckled, " Ani, no one plays it.. " He gave them a weak smile afterwards. 

Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon gave him a confused look, " Then why would you have it? " She asked.

Donghae shrugged one shoulder, " I bought that 3 years ago, its been in Sunny's house the whole time. I just brought it home 2 days ago. " 

" Wait, why would you have it if no one plays piano? Thats weird. " Eunhyuk lightly laughed. 

Donghae let out a small laugh, " I guess I cant let it go. " 

" Let the piano go? Why? Do you have some kind of connection with it?" Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk chuckled. 

Donghae shrugged again, " I dont know.. it was Jessica's present.. " He admitted. 

Right when he said that, both Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk stopped laughing and replaced it with a worried expression. " What do you mean? " Hyoyeon asked.

" A month before we broke up, it was her Mom's Anniversery Death right? " Donghae asked as Hyoyeon nodded, " Well, back then when Jessica and i werent together yet, i found out she plays the piano and she'd always sing this song she learned from her mom.. So I wanted to give her something that would have a connection with her mom, so I thought of getting her a piano, " He weakly smiled, " Thats why I took the money.. You know from the bet.. I didnt have enough money for the piano."

Both Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk were shocked at the reason, " So.. you used the money for her? " Eunhyuk asked, which Donghae nodded. " Im sorry.. I - I didnt listen to you.. I - I thought you were lying about that.. " Eunhyuk apologzied with his head down.

Donghae smiled at him, " Its okay, dont worry about. It was my fault too, I always lied back then.. " 

" Have you told Jessica about this? " Hyoyeon quietly asked.

He frowned one again and shook his head, " I didnt get the chance to, plus I cant tell her now.. Its too late. " 

Eunhyuk frowned and patted his back, " Dont worry, she'll come around. " He forced a smile to cheer him up. 

Hyoyeon scoffed at the side, which caught the boys' attention, " Uhm, yeah, sure. " She sarcastically said, which made her recieve a big frown from her fiance. " What? Im being honest.. " She mummbled.

" Come on, Hyo, Im trying to cheer him up. " Eunhyuk frowned at her.

Hyoyeon sighed, " I know, but telling him lies arent going to do anything. " She shrugged. Eunhyuk was already glaring at her, which made her laugh, " Okay, before you get angry at me, " She raised her finger, " I was on my way to give him some advice since.. I dont know.. Jessica's been my bestfriend for years. " She smiled.

Eunhyuk squinted his eyes at her and got suspicious, " Fine. Go ahead. " He let it slide. 

Hyoyeon smiled, " Anyways, as I was saying, Jessica isnt going to ' come around, ' she'll definetly ignore you." After she said those words, Donghae frowed more and Eunhyuk pointed fingers at her, but before he could speak, Hyoyeon continued, " But! She did say she wants be ' strangers' right? " She asked.

Donghae nodded with a frown. 

" Then act like strangers. " She snapped her fingers and smiled. 

Both Eunhyuk and Donghae tilted their heads, " How does that help? " They both asked.

" You'll get attention by that. " She misheviously smiled, but sighed when the boys gave her a confused look. " Its Jessica, I know her. She expects Donghae to do the exact opposite, I mean come on, you WOULD do the opposite right? " She raised her eyebrows at him which Donghae nodded at. " So, if you do what she told you to do, you'll get her attention. " 

" Wait... so.. all he has to do is ignore her? " Eunhyuk cluelessly asked. 

" Not exactly ignore her, but yes. " SHe smiled.

" Could you explain to me why.. ? " Donghae asked with a confused expression. 

Hyoyeon sighed, " Just do what she told you to do. " 

" But why..? I thought the whole thing was to get her back, which im trying to do.. And - "

" Exactly! Jessica just expects you to do the exact opposite; you keep going to her and ask for forgiveness, but remember! Do not do that. " 

" Wait.. But why..? " 

Hyoyeon raised her hand to hit Donghae but Eunhyuk stopped her by saying, " To get her attention, back then, you would never listen right? Always doing the exact opposite of what people told you." He explained, but but continued when Donghae's expression went confused, " You'll get her attention by showing her the new side of you- uhm, how should i say this.. Uh- the mature side of you! " He smiled.  

Donghae was quiet for a minute in his thoughts until finally, " Ooooooh! " He exclaimed.

" Finally. " Hyoyeon mummbled. 

" W-wait... But can I ask you another question? " He raised his hand.

" If you ask me why, I swear I will slap you. " She threatened him.

" Ani! Ani! " Donghae immediantly denied, " I was- I was just going to ask.. Uhm.. Why - why are you helping me? I mean, Jessica would hate you for being up on my side.. " He worriedly said. 

Hyoyeon smiled a little, " She wont hate me, but she'll get angry at me, " She shrugged, " But dont worry, she wont get mad at me for a long time. "  She smiled.

" But why are you helping me then? " He still asked.

Hyoyeon gave him a small, but yet kind smile, " Because I know she still loves you. " 

Donghae was a little surprised at what she said, " Bwoh..? " 

Hyoyeon chuckled, " You know for the past 3 years, she been shutting down all those boys? I mean some boys were even cuter than you." 

" That's true. " Eunhyuk laughed at the side.

Donghae laughed a little, " Back then, she still did that though. "

" No, she didnt, she ended up opening her heart for you. " Hyoyeon smiled. 

Donghae smiled, but then frowned after. The whole room was quiet. Both Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon knew what he thinking; the chance he missed. 

" She literally closed her heart because of you. " Hyoyeon spoke, breaking the quiet atmosphere. " But thats not because you broke her heart. " She stopped for a moment to look at Donghae's confused expression, " But because her heart still waits for you. Im not only doing this for you, but Im also doing this for Jessica, i dont want her regretting her decisions before its too late."

Donghae stayed quiet for a moment. Eunhyuk patted his back while he gave a high five to Hyoyeon behind Donghae's back, which Hyoyeon proudly smiled at.  

 

" Hey! Hyoyeon's here. " She yelled in the Jung's house as soon as she got in. 

" Where'd you come from? That bastard's house? '" Jessica glared at her from the living room. 

Hyoyeon frowned, " Come on, you're seriously still mad at that? " She sat beside her, making her move a spot over.

" What did you expect? Its Donghae. " Krystal comes in with a chuckle. 

" Im not mad because its Donghae, Im mad because she hid it from me. " Jessica glared at Hyoyeon and left to go to her room. 

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes at her and followed her upstairs, " You're acting like a baby, Sica. " She whined and sat on her bed. 

Jessica didnt bother listening to her and put her ear phones as she sat down on her study table. 

Hyoyeon sighed and thought of something. She smirked and took out her phone to text Krystal. 2 minutes later, Hyoyeon put her acting on. 

" Fine, be that way. I was going to tell you good news. " Hyoyeon frowned at her and left. She purposely walked slow to wait for Krystal's arrival.

" Unnie! Hyoyeon unnie! " Krystal's loud voice filled the hallway, " Did you tell Sica unnie yet? " She came in the room. 

Hyoyeon frowned and shrugged, " No, she doesnt want to know. " She turned to look at Jessica who was nodding her head as she listened to her music. 

Krystal then started jumping, " Wait! So can I be the godmother?! Please!! Please! " She started shaking Hyoyeon.

Both Hyoyeon and Krystal looked at the corner of their eye and saw Jessica immediantly stop moving. 

Hyoyeon and Krystal smiled, " I guess, I'll ask Oppa first. " She forced a weak smile. 

" Ask him! Ask him! " Krystal excitedly said and dragged Hyoyeon to her room. 

Right when Krystal shut the door, both Hyoyeon and Krystal tried hard to keep their laugh quiet. Krystal looked under the door to see, a shadow slowly walking towards the door. 

After Krystal gave her an okay sign, Hyoyeon pretended to talk to Eunhyuk on the phone, " Oppa, is it okay if Krystal is the godmother?... Yeah... I dont think she wants to, I tried to tell her, but she wont listen... Its okay?...Alright! Thanks oppa. " She then turned to Krystal and smiled, " Oppa said you could be the godmother. "

" Chinja?! " Krystal jumped. 

Hyoyeon nodded, " Just dont hog the baby from me. "

Krystal opened to say something, but she was accidently pushed by the door. " THATS NOT FAIR! I WANNA BE THE GODMOTHER! " Jessic came in yelling. " I've been Hyoyeon's bestfriend for years! " She whined.

" I thought you were mad at unnie! " Krystal crossed her arms. 

" No, Im not! " Jessica said and went by Hyoyeon's side. " I love her, I wont get mad at her. " She smiled at Hyoyeon. 

Both Hyoyeon and Krystal looked at each other and shrugged, " Okay, you could be the godmother. " Krystal smiled.

Jessica was a little surprised at her sudden agreement. She looked at Hyoyeon who was trying to hold her laughter. She suspiciously looked at Krystal who smiled at her and Hyoyeon who had her head turned away from Jessica. She could tell Hyoyeon was laughing since her shoulders were shaking. 

Jessica got the idea and stood up, " YAH! THATS NOT FUNNY! " She yelled and pushed Hyoyeon, causing her to fall on the bed. " YOU TOO, KRYSTAL! " She turned to Krystal and was about to hit her when, Krystal spoke out of defense.

" Yah yah! At least we know you're not mad at her! " Her sister quickly said, before running out of the room. 

" Come on, Sica, You and I both know that you could never get mad at me for so long. " Hyoyeon said as she got up. 

" Still! That was mean. " Jessica crossed her arms. 

" I love you too. " Hyoyeon smiled and hugged her, " I know you, you cant get mad at me for too long. " 

Jessica broke down her glare and sighed, " I know.. It . " 

" Now how about I treat you out for dinner as an apology? " Hyoyeon smiled, which Jessica smiled at and nodded. 

 

" So, tell me about work. " Hyoyeon inoccently smiled as she shoved a sushi in .

Jessica rolled her eyes, " Of course, you wouldnt know. " She sarcasticlly said. 

" Oh, come on, I thought you were over that. " Hyoyeon whined. 

Her bestfriend sighed at her, " I am. I just dont bother telling you because i bet that Donghae probobaly told you. " 

Hyoyeon shook her head, " No, he didnt. " She said with a straight face. 

Jessica kept staring at her in the eye with a scary glare, which easily broke hyoyeon. " 

She sighed, " Okay, fine. Donghae told me already.. "Hyoyeon admitted.  Jessica rolled her eyes and ate her sushi. " But come on! At least tell me in your point of view! " She pleaded. 

Jessica placed her chopsticks down on the plate, " I told him, we should be strangers. " She smiled. 

Hyoyeon dropped her shoulders, " Come on! I need more details! " She whined. 

" Well, what do you want me to say? " Jessica scoffed, " My feelings?"

Hyoyeon snapped her fingers, " Exactly! Tell me how you felt! " She clapped. 

Jessica rolled her eyes, " Uhm.. Lets see.. I felt anger, regret- " She said as she counted it with her fingers. 

" Come on, at least be honest. " 

" Oh! And I felt surprised at first. " 

Hyoyeon sighed and gave up. " Fine, be that way. " 

Jessica shrugged her shoulders and gave her a smile. She continued to eat her food while Hyoyeon kept frowning at her. 

Once Jessic. drank her water, Hyoyeon had a mischievous smile on her face. " Hey, Sica, why dont we drink? " She smiled.

Jessica suspiciously looked at her, " You're paying? " She raised her eyebrows, which Hyoyeon nodded at with a smile. 

 

" Y-you k-know, w-we should h-have drank i-in a c-club! " Jessica, who now drank 7 bottles of soju yelled in the resturant. 

" Y-yah, quiet down. " Hyoyeon said, embaressed of her friend. 

Jessica reached across the table and touched Hyoyeon's lips with her finger, " Shush, l-let me speak. " She said. Hyoyeon opened , but was only cut off by her bestfriend's loud voice, " I, J-Jung Je-Jessica, will ne-need o-one more bottle! " She yelled and stood up for the waiter. 

Hyoyeon pulled her down and said, " Yah, shut the hell up, we'll get kicked out. " This was such a bad idea... She thought. 

Jessica kept talking back to her when finally, the waitress came. " Uhm, excuse me, ma'am, but you guys will have to leave. Lots of customers are complaining. " 

Jessica gasped, " H-how rude of yo-you. Yo- you will not- never kick us out. " She snapped.

Hyoyeon held her friend by the arm and bowed to the waitress. " Im sorry for the disturbance. We'll be going right away. " She said. She quickly took out her money and paid the waitress. " Please keep the change. Its for my apology. " She bowed once again. 

She took Jessica and her things and quickly went outside. 

" Y-yah, that was no-not nice. I- I wasnt d-done. " Jessica said and took her hand away from Hyoyeon. She then started walking towards the resturant when Hyoyeon grabbed her. 

" Yah, we're going home. You're too drunk. " Hyoyeon said and dragged the whinning Jessica back into the car. 

 

As they drove home, Hyoyeon managed to shut her up by putting on her favourite boys, Exo. But of course, since she was sober, she sang along with the songs and bothers her. What really made Jessica shut up was the river; once they drove up the bridge, Jessica couldnt take her eyes off it. 

" Hm.. River.. Water.. SEA! " Jessica yelled and pointed to the water. She let out a sly laugh, " Reminds me of that bastard. " She spoke. 

Hyoyeon's expression suddenly changed. She paid more attention to Jessica, but she had that sad, worried face. " Jessica, yo- " She was about to speak, but Jessica cut her off. 

" Hyoyeon. " Jessica turned to see her, " If.. i-if you break my h--heart and disappear for 1..3-3 years, would you come back? " She looked Hyoyeon in the eye. 

They both had a good stare contest, before Hyoyeon sighed and turned to road to see the car in front of her move. She started to drive, " Well.. If I really do love you, then I would come back." She said. 

" Yeah, but if you did love me, why didnt you come back sooner? w-why did you make me..me wait? " Jessica eyes started looking at the river. 

" Well.. Maybe he had reasons. " Hyoyeon replied. 

Jessica let out a soft laugh, " Reasons?...In love, reasons dont count.. Just dont leave that person.." 

The car in front of her stopped, which made her stop. Hyoyeon looked at Jessica who kept her eyes on the river, " Well, what if that reason was to become a better person? " 

" Become? No.. He doesnt need to '' become'' a better person..He SHOULD be a better person in the beginning.. " She paused for a moment and let a tear drop. " S-sometimes, I-I wish th-that I never met him.. I wish th-that I never g-got close with any guys.. B-because in the e-end, they just lie.. They leave.. " 

" Jessica, would you ever forgive Donghae? " 

Jessica scoffed, " How can I? E-everytime I-I look at him, I-I just want to p-punch him. " She laughed.

Hyoyeon frowned, " You still love him dont you? " She asked.

Her bestfriend rolled her eyes and dropped her head on the glass of the door and continued to stare at the river. " N-no.. Of course not.. I I- cant be, Im suppose to be- be mad at him.. " 

" Maybe you're mad because he left, not because of the bet. " She said. 

" Well, wha-what do you want m-me to f-feel? Be h-happy that he-he left? " 

" Well, if you dont love him anymore, you should be happy that he left." 

Jessica sighed and closed her eyes, " Then how come .. How come.. When he left.. I couldnt s-stop crying.. " She admitted. " A-and when he ca-came back.. I was angry.. B-but I was glad.. " 

Hyoyeon looked at her bestfriend before driving, " Jessica, have you ever thought of loving him again? " 

Jessica chuckled, " Of course I have. And my answer? No.. " She said, making Hyoyen frown. "  because I never stopped.. " She finally admitted. 

 

" Aish, why the hell are you so heavy? " Hyoyeon struggled to get her in her own house. Jessica's arm was around Hyoyeon's shoulder, but finally let go when she dropped on the couch. 

" Ah, thanks, bestfriend. " Jessica smiled and layed down on the couch. 

Hyoyeon just looked at her bestfriend and chuckled. She took out her phone and took a picture of Jessica who was lying on the couch with half of her body on the couch. One leg was haning from the couch while the arm did as well. was opened she breathed and Hyoyeon could literally smell the alcohol. 

" Woah, what happened to her? " Krystal came downstairs with her pajamas on, 

" She drunk, " Hyoyeon laughed and took one last picture. 

" Why'd you let her? :" The younger girl laughed, " Send me those pictures later. " She smiled.

" To make her admit she still loves Donghae. and it worked! " Hyoyeon proudly smiled at herself. 

Krystal rolled her eyes and frowned. " Yah, unnie! "

Hyoyeon frowned and pouted, " Oh come on, you're not going to forbid your own sister from seeing her love! "

" I dont need to do that because she already hates. " She smiled.

Hyoyeon snapped, " They have a love-hate relationship okay? So will you let Donghae get a chance with Jessica at least? "

Krystal shook her head, " No, that guy is a jerk. Im not letting him near Sica unnie. " She with her arms crossed and started walking up the stairs, 

" Come on! what's going to make you forgive him? " Hyoyeon asked as she followed her upstairs.

" Uhm.. Get him to kneel in front of me and apologize for the things he's done. " Krystal laughed and walked into her room. 

Hyoyeon stopped at her place and smirked, " If you say so. " 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally! Done this chapter. Just to let you know, I have maybe like 2 to 4 chapters left :) Comment on what you think of this :) 

Remember to read my new story !! :) http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/631292