Frustrating

Open Your Heart

Krystal stretches her arms and wakes up to the sound of her blinds moving through the wind. She shivers and feels the goosebumps on her skin and pull the blanket on her. But as soon as she opens her eyes, she screamed at the top of her lungs.

" AHHHHH! WHAT THE HELL! " Krystal yelled and threw the nearest thing around her, which was a her alarm clock. 

" Y-YAH! " The voice stuttered and dodged the item on time. 

" DONGHAE, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE? " Krystal yelled and was abou to throw another item which was a picture frame of her and Kai, but Donghae immediantly stopped her.

" Y-yah! Dont! " Donghae said and ran to her to hold her arm while taking way the picture frame. " Last time I checked you weren't this violent.. " He mummbled and placed the picture frame back on the side table. 

Krystal glared at him as she got up, making Donghae back away. " And last time I checked you weren't invited in my room, " She spoke. Donghae opened his mouth to speak but she cut him off, " actually, you werent even invited in this house. " She poked his chest hard, making him whine. 

" Ow.. " He pouted as he rubbed his chest. 

Krystal continued to glare at him and grabbed his shirt, dragging him downstairs, " Y-yah! W-wait! "  Donghae struggled to say. 

" If unnie sees you, she will literally kick you in the , so thank me for saving your life! " Krystal yelled and was about to open the door when Donghae spoke. 

" She already saw me. " He quietly said, getting her attention. " But I didnt come here for her, I came here for you. " He said as he started going on his knees.

Krystal scoffed, " What are you doing? " She looked down on him. 

When Donghae went on his knees, he bowed until his head touched the back of his hand which was placed flat on the ground. He then sat straight on his knees and looked at Krystal. " To what I did to your sister; betting on her, lying to her, and.. leaving her.. Im sorry.. " He sadly said with his head down. 

Krystal crossed her arms and kept looking at him with a slight glare. 

" I know what you're going to say; I should be apologizing to Jessica not you.. But I will, after I get your permission. " Donghae looked at her with sincere eyes. 

" Permission for what? " She asked, still looking at him with a glare. 

" Permission to get her back. " He said without hesitating. Krystal scoffed and opened but Donghae chose to speak more. " I love her, Krystal. I never stopped. I- I dont know why honestly.. I mean.. Its been 3 years already.. Being me.. Being Lee Donghae, I never expected a single girl would make a difference in me, I didnt know she would affect me this much. "

Krystal's glare disappeared and spoke, " Then why would you leave her? " 

" Leaving her was the hardest thing for me. I wanted to change for her and I knew I couldnt just get her back like that; I knew what Jessica wanted, she wanted to be back with me.. but she hated the fact that she did. Thats why I left.. I wanted to be a better person, so she wont regret being with me, so she'll love the fact that we're back together.. But honestly, I didnt expect her to keep her feelings for me after all this time. To be honest, I wasnt really hoping Jessica and I would be back together, but I was hoping that she and I could start all over, become friends again.. I mean.. I'd rather be friends with her than not being in her life at all. " 

Krystal was amazed at him. She didnt expect Donghae say all that, just a simple ' im sorry ' but not that. " Donghae.. You do know that it'll be hard, right? "

Donghae forced a small smile, " Of course I do, but that doesnt mean Im giving up. " 

" You want my permission right? " Krystal asked and Donghae replied with a nod, " What if I say no? "

Donghae frowned, " Well, honestly, if you say no, Im stil going to try, I dont care who tries to stop me. " 

" Then why would you ask for my permission if you wouldnt care? " 

" Of course I would care about your opinion but still, if you say no, Im not going to give up.. I just wanted to know what you would say. " 

Krystal thought for a moment, " Well, you dont need my permission to get her back, thats unnie's decision; thats all I'll say. " 

Donghae was a little surprise at her response, " Wait.. So yo-you forgive me? " He said with a smile and stood up. 

The girl chuckled, " Who said I did? " She said as he frowned, " Im just saying its unnie's decision. " Krystal shrugged and walked passed him to the kitchen.

" Wait! but do you forgive me though? " Donghae inoccently asked.

Without turning around, she spoke, " Yes and no. All I can say is, good luck with trying to get Unnie back. " 

Donghae smiled, " Alright, you can come out now! " He randomly yelled.

Krystal turned around with a confused look and saw her boyfriend coming out of the closet. Kai smiled and hugged her. " Since when did you..? " Krystal asked.

" Donghae hyung forced me here because he was afraid you might hit him. " Kai laughed, " Eunhyuk hyung would've stayed but hyung and Hyo noona took Jessica noona out. " He smiled. 

Krystal looked down at Donghae, " He better be scared of me.  " She spoke before turning around to get her cereal. 

 

Before entering the room, she sighed, " The pain officially starts. " She mummbled and entered the room to be greeted by the kids. 

" Noona/Unnie! " All the kids said and ran to the smiling Jessica, who happily greeted the kids.

" Annyeong, how was your weekend kids? " Jessica kindly smiled at them.

" GOOOOOD! " The room was filled with high pitched voices. 

Jessica smiled and giggled at their cuteness, " Why dont we go to the story center and I'll read okay? " 

" NEEEH! " All the kids yelled. The kids ran to the story center as Jessoca smiled at them and followed. 

Her kind smile suddenly frowned once she was stopped by Donghae, " You're Jessica-sshi right? " He spoke.

She looked at him with a confused look, " Bwoh? " 

Donghae tilted his head, " So.. Are you? " He kindly asked with no expression.

Jessica glared at him, " What scheme are you trying to play here? " She spoke with an annoyed tone.

Donghae chuckled, " Im not playing any scheme, Im just following you; you wanted to be strangers right? " He raised his eyebrows.

She was surprised at his answer. She admitted it, she did not expect this. Jessica cleared throat and stood straight, " Right. Thats right.. Now if you excuse me, Donghae- Donghae-sshi. " She said before walking away. 

Donghae watched her leave as he smiled. He chuckled at her cute behavior before going in his office. 

 

As a few days passed, Donghae has been acting like a stranger around Jessica, sometimes it'd always frustrated her. Jessica would do something that would bring up the past, like Donghae being a stupid in class and being a player, but nothing about HaeSica. Everytime Jessica would bring the past, Donghae would act like Jessica's weird, or he'd just act like he doesnt know what she's talking about. 

Donghae would laugh at her in his office, he missed her being like that; trying to prove something right when she cant. Donghae loved playing with her, well in a good way though. He found it a good way to restart with her. It seemed like the only way for Jessica to talk to Donghae is if he actually listens to her. He always found it weird, but at least they're talking.

But as time went by for these two, both cant stop what their feeling. Jessica has fallen in love with him all over again, but like she even realizes. She always catches herself watching Donghae doing whatever he's doing. Sometimes she cant help but think of how proud she is of him, what he's actually become made him better, but not in relationships of course. Even though Jessica has started liking him again, this didnt mean she fully forgives him about what he did. 

As for Donghae, he's always watching her. Even the kids can tell. He's always watching her right when she enters the room and when she goes home. He always has the feeling he has to protect her. Everytime she sings or plays the piano for the kids, he cant stop but look at her. Reminiscing the times with Jessica made him so sad, but at the same time, he's happy that she's here. But although, she is in front of him, she was still far away. 

 

" So how's work so far? " Eunhyuk was the first one to ask as soon as Donghae entered the HyoHyuk residence. 

" Great but eh. " Donghae shrugged as he sat on the couch. 

Eunhyuk chuckled, " What does ' eh ' mean? " 

" I dont know man! " Donghae started showing his frustation, " I mean, the plan is working and all but its not doing anything for me and Jessica. " 

" Well, what did you expect? She's not just going to jump in your arms when she realizes you changed. " Eunhyuk laughed a little, " Just be patient, man. " 

" I know, Im trying.. But everytime Im with her.. I just- I just wanna hug her, you know? Be there for her, not as a stranger, not as a friend.. " He said with his head down. 

" You know you cant do that any time soon right? " Eunhyuk raised his eyebrows. " Im just telling you, man, if you do something stupid, she'll definitely kick you out of her life. " 

Donghae frowned and kept his head down. He knew his bestfriend was right. He remembered the words he said to Krystal, it kept running around his head. I'll definitely be in her life.. I dont care what it takes.. Being her friend.. I'll take care of her as a friend.. I will. He thought.

 

" So hows life? " Hyoyeon jumps on the couch, scaring Jessica. 

Jessica hissed, " Yah! Can you not. " She shortly glared at her friend before turning back to the TV. 

" Sorry, just want to know what's going on with my bestfriend. " Her blonde friend kindly smiled at her. 

" By that you mean hows Donghae in my life? " Jessica rolled her eyes at her. 

" Well, if you want to talk about that, i dont mind. " Hyoyeon smiled and winked. 

" Aish, you're such a loser. " She replied and turned the TV louder. 

Hyoyeon pouted, " Come on, I just wanna gossip. " She smirked. 

Jessica scoffed without looking at Hyoyeon and focussed on the TV, " Gossip about what? My job? " She chuckled, which Hyoyeon nodded at with a smile. Jessica rolled her eyes, " Fine, my job is fun. There? Gossip about how fun it is. " She smiled. 

Hyoyeon frowned, " Wow, you're no fun. " She said and gave up. She slouched on the couch and crossed her arms. " If I asked Donghae, he'd vent his feelings. " She mummbled.

Jessica's attention immediantly went to Hyoyeon, " W-what does he say? " She curiously asked. 

" I dont know, stuff. " Hyoyeon said and stuck her tongue at her. 

Jessica frowned, " Why? Tell me. " She whined and started shaking her. 

Her bestfriend smirked and looked at her, " Why are you so interested huh? " 

Jessica stopped shaking and took her hands off Hyoyeon, " Nothing, Im just curious,I mean come on, when people talk about you, dont you want to know what they're saying? " She inoccently smiled. 

" I didnt say that he was venting his feelings about you. " Hyoyeon smirked.

Jessica glared at her, " Fine, dont tell me. " She said and focussed on the TV. " I dont even care what he does. " She mummbled.

Hyoyeon smiled at her, " Good.. " She said but whispered to Jessica, " He did mention this girl he's starting to like though, he always talks about her. " 

Jessica scoffed, " I knew it! He does like that brunette nurse in our unit! They're always talking! " SHe exclaimed, " What does he even see in her? She's so mean and y. You know when I said hi to her, she rolled her eyes at me, like what the hell? Im greeting you. " She glared as she imagined the girl. 

Hyoyeon smirked, " Whats with you? Jealous? " She raised her eyebrows at her. 

Jessica cleared , " N-no. I just hate that girl. " She calmed down. 

" Uh uh, you're jealous. " 

" No, Im not. " 

" Okay, whatever you say. " 

" Im not though! Seriously! " 

" Okay, whatever, whatever. " 

" Hyoyeon! Im not jealous! " 

Hyoyeon smiled and nodded, frustating Jessica.

" Aish! You're so frustating! You're just like Donghae! Aish. " She pouted. 

Hyoyeon chuckled, " And how's Donghae being frustating? " 

" He's acting like you! He pretends to agree to what Im saying. " She crossed her arms. 

" And what are you saying " She laughed.

" He's being weird, so I tried bringing up the past about his stupidness in school and he keeps acting like Im strange or whatever! " 

" Wow, seems like you have a big problem. " Hyoyeon sarcastically said. 

" Aish, he's not my problem. He's just being stupid. " Jessica hissed. 

" Hm, it seems Donghae getting your attention. " Hyoyeon wiggled her eyebrows at her. 

" He's not getting my attention, he's just being stupid. " 

" And by stupid, you mean following the idea of just being strangers? " She chuckled. 

Jessica's glare soon turned to a frown. " N-no.. He's just being stupid. " 

" Admit it, if you didnt tell him to be strangers, he'd be all over you. Aha! " Hyoyeon snapped her fingers, " You hate the fact he's not all over you! That he's not trying to get you back! " She exclaimed with a smile. 

Jessica immediantly looked at her bestfriend, " No! Why would I hate that? I would love for that to happen. " She crossed her arms.

" Right, then why do you get so mad at him when he's not even doing anything? " She smirked.

" Im not! He just bothers me!"

" Oh, Jessica, dear, you are such an obvious little girl. " Hyoyeon smiled and patted Jessica who was glaring at her. 

" Aish! This conversation is over! No more! " She stuck her tongue at her bestfriend and stood up towards the door. 

" Yah, where do you think you're going? " Hyoyeon laughed.

" To get food. " 

" Oh!, Can you get- " 

" No, bye. " Jessica stuck her tongue again and left the house. 

Hyoyeon laughed, " Weird, this is her house and yet she leaves when she's whining, hah. " She mummbled. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for such a boring chapter... And a long update.. Sorry, anyways, hope you're enjoying this so far. Dont worry, the cute HaeSica moments will happen soon, maybe next chapter. Lets just say, Donghae manages to convince Jessica to become friends, hahhaa, wait for it!