Special Chapter, Joo's Circumstance Part 1

His and Her Circumstances

 

I was having a very good morning. I am drinking my freshly made tea while eating the specially prepared breakfast and reading my favorite novel when my cellphone rang.

“Annyeong hasseyo?” I said on the phone. It was my soon to be sister-in-law.

“Unni! Please come and help! I don’t know what to do! Yonghwa’s bleeding, please help.” Seohyun said on the phone while crying. I dropped the book I was reading.

“What? Calm down first. Call for an ambulance then we’ll meet at the hospital, okay?” I said to her. I turned off the phone and hurried towards the car. Minutes later, we’re at the hospital and I saw Seohyun outside the room where Yonghwa is staying.

“Seohyun. Are you okay now? What happened? Really?” I asked her.

“Well, he nearly hit a guy on our way to school but he insulted the guy even more instead of apologizing. That’s why he got beaten.” She explained then tried to defend the guy. “Please, just let the guy go. He was actually the victim.”

“The victim I see is the person in that room over there in this hospital.” I told her.

“Unni…” she tried to say something.

“Please Seohyun. I know you’re worried about Yonghwa. I’ll take care of the guy who beat him.” I assured her.

“But… Please don’t send him to prison. I don’t think he meant what he did.” she tried bargaining.

“Well, I guess I could make an agreement. He’s still a highschool student afterall.” I’m not that evil of a person who would destroy someone else’s future. Hmmm… What could I make him do?

“What are you planning Unni?” she asked.

 “Well, I guess if I could make him agree to work for us, I won’t have to send him to prison.” I answered.

“What kind of work?”

“Well, he can do gardening, or cleaning or even security. He looks tough and a scary big highschooler by the way he beat my brother.”

“But he looks nothing like that!” she giggled. “He looks just like any ordinary highschooler who don’t look anything like a bully. He actually looks like…” She stopped.

“What? He actually looks like what?” I tried to make her continue.

“He looked like a… a… a model!” she said.

“A model? Now that’s fun! My brother was beat by a model looking highschooler. Tell me what school. I want to meet him.” Now that’s really interesting.

“Well, I don’t know what school. But he wore blue blazers with red ties.”

“I’ll search for that. It could be a highschool near the place of accident. Thank you for being there for my brother. You’re really the most suitable girl for him. I’m happy that father wanted to merge our companies. You’ll make a good sister-in-law.” I said and left with my bodyguards. “You better go to school now.”

I asked my secretary in the office to search for the school and she gave me the complete map. We went there and asked for someone who is a troublemaker, and because it happened in the morning, he’s probably late.

“The person you might be looking for was Mr. Cho. I’ll ask a teacher to get him. Please wait.” The principal said when I told him. He instructed a teacher then called for Mr. Cho’s mother. Moments later, a boy entered the room.

“You called for me sir?” he said.

“Yes, please take a seat. I want to discuss something with you concerning one of the violent actions you’ve done. I already called for your mother and she’ll be coming here shortly.” The principal said to him. He sat down across me so I gave him an angry yet curious look.

“You seem to be quite the bully, Mr. Cho.” I said. “You see, this morning, awhile ago, you did something very inappropriate to my younger brother. Do you know the consequences for the deed you did?”

“Oh, you mean the one who nearly killed me?” he asked as if he wasn’t at fault.

“I think you misunderstood the situation. You’re the one who nearly killed him. Not the other way around.” I pointed out.

“Is that what his girlfriend said? That I tried to kill him and he didn’t?” He asked again.

“Well, she’s his fiancé, for the sake of correcting you. But she actually said that we let you go. I don’t understand that girl, really. But anyways, you won’t be escaping your crime.” I said.

 “What is it that my son did again this time sir?” A woman said after entering the room and looked worried.

“Why are you here? Aren’t you busy?” He scolded her. How disrespectful.

“I’m here because you created another ruckus! You don’t have the right to scold me!” She said.

“Well, Mrs. Cho, I would like to tell you that you’re son have done something really terrible beyond your expectations. But it would be terrible sending him to jail and ruining his future. So I’d like to propose that instead of spending one year or more in prison, he’ll have to work for us for a year. Not a bad proposition right?” I tried to make an agreement.

“I’ll agree! Can we go now? Thank you.” He said pulling his mother out before anyone of us could speak a word. Since I already had his yes, I left the school too.

The next day, I picked him up from school. I decided to bring him in one of my transactions. At first, the meeting was going well.

“I’m very honored. I am thinking of doing business here. How much would you like to sell it to me?” I asked.

Mr. Cho suddenly lost balanced and made annoying noise with the vase.

“Well, let’s just ignore him. He’s new.” I said so that we could continue our business.

“This piece is very difficult to obtain. But I guess one million dollars is enough to compensate.” Mr. Kale said.

“That’s a low price for it, don’t you think? But  I guess it’s not that expensive anymore.” I said. This is a very nice piece.

“Ms. Jung, don’t you think you’re wasting your money in buying that?” He interrupted once more. Interesting.

“Pardon me? This is a very rare piece and you say it’s a waste?” Mr. Kale asked him.

“Please forgive him. We’ll take him outside immediately.” The bodyguard beside him started pulling him out.

“Wait. Let him finish. I’m interested to what he has to say.” I said.

“What do you mean? He looks like someone who doesn’t value art.” The man complained.

“He has reasons for butting in. Is there, Mr. Cho?” I want to hear why. Please don’t disappoint me.

“Well, first of all, that painting is suppose to be painted during the Mung Dynasty? Meng? Either way, China didn’t have that smooth paper before. How can that be anything but real?” He explained quite confident.

“True. And it’s Ming. I never knew you were knowledgeable on these things.” I said really amazed. I never knew he knows something about history and art. I’m really curious now.

“Wha- Ms. Jung I…” Mr. Kale is now starting to look really worried.

“Don’t mention it Mr. Kale, I guess our business here is done. Don’t look too worried. You should be thankful to that brat, if I have brought it before I knew its fake, who knows?” I said while smiling and left the room. I headed for the car and told Mr. Cho to ride with me instead.