Her Circumstance, Unni's Playlist

His and Her Circumstances

We arrived at our destination, finally. I went ahead of them towards the car and seated at the back. That was a very long flight. As if the three hours flight was days or weeks or months! I’m glad it’s finally over.

Flashback:

I was looking at Kyuhyun when he suddenly turned towards my direction and our eyes met for a second. Oh no! Did he saw me looking at him? I looked down immediately to prevent him from seeing my blush.

Silence...

The plane started moving when it suddenly came to a stop. I fell towards Kyuhyun. His body cushioned my fall and our faces nearly bumped each other. My heart skipped a beat and I stood and sat down on my chair almost instantaneously. I fastened my seatbelt this time.

“I’m really sorry Kyuhyun!” I said while covering her face. How embarrassing!!! Because I kept looking at him, I forgot to fasten my seatbelt!!! Please let the ground swallow me!

 “It’s ok. At least you’re not hurt.” He said though I feel as if he was laughing at me. I’m really ashamed now! The plane moved again and this time it really ascended up without any more obstruction. Suddenly, Kyuhyun looked weird. He gazed up and covered his eyes. Is this his first time? I tried to contain my laughter but a chuckle escaped. He heard me laughed so he removed his hands and looked at me as if a child pouting. How cute!

“My my, Kyuhyun… Is this your first time flying?” I asked.

“You’re making me feel worse.” he said.

Oh no! Did I offend him? I must do something. “I didn’t mean it like making fun of you. Sorry. Here, I hope this helps.” I said then went and massaged a part on his ear to help relieve him from the ill feeling he has.

“Th-thanks.” He said and smiled. He smiled!!! But then, he reverted back to his emotionless face.

“Ahhhh~ This flight is really boring! Give me my iPod! I’ll just play a song to waste time.”  Unni said. One attendant gave her the gadget then she pressed some buttons in one corner. It was to turn on the plane’s speakers. Then a song started playing in the background. It was “Call with all my heart”.

“Unni…” I said. Your intentions are very obvious. Are you really trying to match-make us?

“Seohyun, are you hungry? I’ll ask them to prepare a meal.” Unni asked.

“Ani… I’m fine. Thanks for the offer.” I answered.

“Okay.” Unni said. “Sorry for disturbing you.” Then she winked at me. Unni… I laughed mentally.

Kyuhyun looked bored so he tried to sleep. Just then, the music changed to “Sorry sorry” and the volume was turned up.

“Alright, alright. I’m not sleeping.” he said. Then she smiled at him then turned down the volume.

“Ne, Kyuhyun, do you know where we’re headed?” I asked to make a conversation.

“No… She only said she want to have a vacation and called me.” He answered straightly to the point.

“I see…” Can’t he at least make the conversation longer? He must be really trying to avoid me.

“Why do you look so down?” He asked. Then the music changed again to “Tell me why”. Haha, the music… Unni, you really…

“It’s nothing.” I replied.

“Is it something related to your father again?” He asked quite worried. He remembered the conversation we had back then!

“Ani ani…” I replied. “I’m just tired, that’s all.”

“I see…” He said. “Then let’s talk about something else to cheer you up.”

“Dae… It seems that whenever the topic touches our parents…” We never really seem to have fun memories to share. I guess when it comes to our parents, we both have sad memories. And that’s our similarities. “What should we talk about?”

“I actually don’t have any idea.” He said then the music changed again to “Let’s talk about love”. Unni… Please stop this already… It’s making me feel awkward.

“Ne, where did you learn to play the piano? It was a really nice piece you’ve played on that party.” I said to make a new topic.

“I learned from my father.” He answered.

“Really? You were really good. Unlike me.” I said then I looked out the window.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“Well, I always, always flunk at our music class. No matter how hard I practice.” I said.

“What are you saying? Playing it doesn’t always require talent. You also need hardwork and heart.” He said as if encouraging me.

“Well, maybe I lack both of them. I really don’t want to play the piano. It was what my father wants…” I said.

“Then don’t play it.” He said frankly. I want to stop really. But…

“I-I-I c-can’t.” I said.

“Then I’ll help you practice if you want.” He said.

“But… I’m really no good!” I said.”You’ll end up teaching me forever.” The music changed to “Endless Moment”. My heart started going haywire all of a sudden.

 “Then, I’ll be with you forever.” He said. I want to blush but I don’t want him to see. “I mean, I’ll teach you as long as I can.” He continued.

“O-of course.” I said smiling. Of course! We can’t be together. What was I thinking? Then, even though the past song was not yet finished, it changed to “Love does not wait” then “Shy Boy”. Unni…

End of Flashback.

I waited for a while inside the car when unni approached quite sad and angry at the same time. She sat beside me and grumbled under her breath.

“Unni, what’s wrong?” I asked her worried.

“Where did all my effort go to? Stupid!” She said to herself as if I wasn’t there. What happened, really?

Kyuhyun then entered and sat in front. The car started moving and dropped us off in a hotel.

Whatever happened to unni? What did she mean when she said effort? Is it this trip? Did she plan this trip for us? I am really indebted to her. Even before all of this. I shouldn’t waste unni’s effort. After all, this is my first real vacation too! I have to enjoy everything on this three day trip. Even if it’s just three days.