His Circumstance, Going Somewhere

His and Her Circumstances

 

“Unni! Appa became more serious today... I’ll have less freedom now. What should I do?” A familiar voice said.

“Seo…hyun?” I can’t be wrong. It can only be her.

“Kyuhyun?” she said. How’d she know it was me?

“What the?! How’d you get my number?” I said. Though, I have a rough guess how.

“Unni gave me. She said this is her new number so I…. You have a phone?” she said surprised.

“Yeah… Noona kind of bought it for me this afternoon.” I said. Yeah, that hurt me, I know I'm not the type to not own a phone but it still stings.

“I see…” she said.

“Yeah. And she lied again. What is she thinking? Is she planning something?” I really smell something’s going on.

“I don’t know. Oh well, I guess I disturbed you so I’ll…” she said trying to end the call.

“What do you mean less freedom? It’s not as if you’re free in the first place right?” It’s the same anywhere. Rich people only think that way. She remained silent for a long while.

 “Hello? You still there?” I said confirming.

“Ah… yes, mian… How did you know I was never free from my parents even before?” She asked.

“I know what people like you think. They’re all the same. For business, and for business. Well, I guess you and noona makes an exception. And also, you mentioned that you’re parents always disagree with you the other day at the amusement park.” I wish she’s not offended.

“I see… So rich people are very easily read, huh?” she said quite down. Did I offended her?

“Not at all! I can never read noona’s mind you know.” I tried joking.

“Ha ha, you’re right. Me neither. She always does things that surprises me. But I envy her…” She said.

“Why would you envy her? She’s scary the way she is. Her looks can stop wars. And most of all, her smile can tame a devil!” I said trembling as I remember the way she smiles.

“Ha ha ha… That was cruel of you!” she said while laughing. She laughed.

“But it made you happy just now, right?” I said.

 “Ye-ye-yes… Kamsa hamnida!” she replied.

“It’s ok. Don’t feel burdened because of your parents. You’re not their servant, if you don’t like what they say to you then fight back.” I tried comforting her.

“Yes… Well then, I think I should turn off the phone now. Goodnight.” She said then cut the conversation.

“Yeah, goodnight.” I said even though there is no more connection. “You make it hard for me to hate you. Please stop whatever you’re doing to me.”

The next day, it was the same as any other day. I went to school. Bullied the nerd. And skipped class. I was currently resting on the rooftop.

“Yo, Kyu. Heard you got a job.” I opened my eyes to see who it was.

“Lee Joon-ah, why pry to my private life?” I said when I recognized the guy. He went beside me and lied down.

“Ke ke, I’m not prying. Just surprised. I was out in the hospital and after I’m released, I learned something terrible.” He said.

“How’s your injury?” I asked.

“Better. But if you didn’t arrive earlier that day, I would have died.” He said.

“It’s nothing. After all, we’re friends. And he picked to fight us. Those rich brats can only brag, but when it comes to the fight.” I started.

“Yeah, saying they could beat me, but used dirty tactics in the end.” He continued.

“Stop talking about that now. It’s all in the past.” I said.

“Right. Well, what amulet do you have with you? You seem to always make trouble with rich people.” He said.

“I don’t even know! The more I try to avoid them, the more they come to me, thus making myself some trouble.” I reasoned out.

“Well, even though you hate to admit it, you were once like all of them. Well, that was long before uncle died.” He explained.

“Stop it already Joon! Enough nonsense. If you don’t want to go back in the hospital, stop talking bout the past. Nevermind. If you’re skipping with me, let’s just get outta here. Let’s look for a fun place to  celebrate your recovery.” I said furious.

“Dae, dae. You looked really angry at me just now. I’m scared.” He joked. “Let’s go, Kyuhyun.”

The two of us left school early and went to a club we usually go to. We had our fun when I received a call. I answered it immediately so I didn’t read who it was from.

“Annyeong hasseyo?” I said.

“Where are you? I’m having a rough guess that it is not school.” The voice said.

“Are you my mother? Why care about where I go? Huh?!” I said angrily.

“Yah! Where’s your manners? Have you forgotten that you’re my servant?” the voice screamed from the other side. I recognized the voice. It was noona.

“N-n-n-n-noo-noo-na!” I said scared.

“Go to your school gate right now. I have something for you to do.” She said.

“Dae… mian.” I said.

“Your manners are back, I see. Then be fast and be here now.” She said cutting the conversation.

“Who is it?” Joon asked.

“No one. My employer. I gotta go now.” I said leaving him behind. I ran as fast as I could towards the school gate. It took me fifteen minutes to arrive there with sweat flowing down like waterfall on my face and breathing quite up pace.

“What took you so long?” She said as if it was my punishment for skipping school.

I gave her a look which says, “Try running a few kilometers for fifteen minutes, you’ll know what took me so long.”

She laughed at me. Did she actually understood what that look means?

“Take your time catching your breath. We’re not in a hurry.” She said still laughing.

“You should have said that earlier while I’m still at the club.” I said between breaths.

“Well, sorry about that.” She said.

“Where the hell are we going this time?” I said finally catching up to my breath.

“You’ll know.” The she flashed her very deceptive smile. I don’t think going is a good idea.