Her Circumstance, What's in the Bag?

His and Her Circumstances

 

It was a very tough night for me. I slept in cold hard ground. It’s very different from the beds I’ve had before. It also smells too much like sea and it made me feel very uncomfortable. But the thrill of the experience made me forget the hardships and I was able to get a very good night sleep. Tomorrow’s a special day for me. It was the day unni helped me for the first time from a very depressing situation. She branded it as the birth of her new sister and so tomorrow will be my ‘birthdate’ as her sister. Even though it isn’t something that big, I’d like to celebrate it as if it was my real birthday.

Today’s weather was great and right now, we are in a clothes store shopping for today’s event, though Kyuhyun doesn’t have any idea about it.

“Do you think it suits me? How is it? Tell me.” I asked him after walking out of the changing room. But Kyuhyun was lost in thought and isn’t paying attention.

 “So how is it?” I asked again then twirled around to show the fit. I was wearing a pinkish white dress.

“Simple I guess.” he said.

“Really? And I thought it’s cute.” I pouted.

“Why are you shopping clothes?” he asked.

“Because I don’t have any. And besides, they’ll just give it to us for free, right?” I said while hiding my real motive.

“Yeah, I guess so.” he replied.

“I’ll find another one.” I said and smiled. I went back and looked for another dress to try on. There were a lot of choices from conservative to y to very alluring. There were fancy and punk. There were simple and very complicated. There were all sorts of colors from plain black to colorful rainbow. It was very hard to choose. I looked back to Kyuhyun but he was talking with somebody at the phoe so I decided not to bother him and continued my search.

In the corner of my eyes, I saw a bluish dress hanging separately from the others. Was that in there before? Why, I didn’t notice. I smiled while looking at it. It was really beautiful but it scared me because it might not suit me. I left all hesitations and picked it up. I went and changed in the changing room again. It took quite some time to put on but when I went out of the room, Kyuhyun was out of sight.

“That dress suits you.” He said with a smile.

“Ka-kamsa!” I said. I then looked down feeling all shy all of a sudden. “I thought this wouldn’t suit me because it’s very different from the ones I usually wear.” Mother never picks this kind of clothes.

“It is different, because you’re the one who picked this dress, not your mother.” he said.

I was surprised at his reply. “How did you know?”

“Just a hunch.” He said.

“Well, I’m really glad you liked it.” I said. It would be nicer if you’d wear something that would suit you too. “Ne, why don’t we pick one for you too?”

“Ani ani… I don’t need many clothes.” He said while shaking his hands.

“Don’t worry, you won’t pay for anything.” I said then went and looked at the shelves. I asked him every now and then about his size though I’m imagining his size already while browsing through the shelves. I saw a lot of cool clothes but I always thought that these clothes would ruin Kyuhyun’s characteristics.

“Here, try this on.” I said while giving him my final selection. It was simple. A denim pants, white printed shirt and grayish vest. He went inside the changing room and tried it. When he emerged from the room, I felt as if he was so bright. Why is he so handsome?

“It suited you!” I said with amazed eyes. “Well, it’s quite simple. But it didn’t hurt your charm.” It’s as if it was created just for you.

“Thanks. But really, there’s no need for me to buy new clothes.” He said.

“Well, you see…” I started. “Well…” It’s very difficult to explain. That today is my birthday but not my real birthday? Ahhh! I can’t explain… “Nevermind. Come, let’s get out wearing these. I’m quite hungry now. We left the beach quite late already and it’s nearly lunch now. We didn’t get to eat breakfast.” I said.

“You’re right. You must be really hungry by now then. Let’s find some place to eat.” He said then started walking out the door.

“Why? Aren’t you hungry too?” I said quite embarrassed that he said it out loud.

“Well, this isn’t a new experience for me. I usually don’t eat.” He said as if it was normal.

“I’m sorry… Did I offend you in some way?” I asked. Or is it really normal that they can’t eat. Please, I don’t mean to offend.

“Not at all. Come, let’s eat.” He said then headed out of the store. I followed him quietly.

Right now I’m hungry. It’s not like I haven’t tried not eating before. But I was required to go on a diet but even so, I still eat fruits and vegetable snacks from time to time. It’s really my first experience not eating this long. Ahhh~ I can hear my stomach growl. Etiquette Seo, etiquette! I could eat anything right now. Really, as long as it’s edible, I’ll eat it no matter.

Just then, I feel as if my sense of smell suddenly became sharp. I smelled a faint sweet aroma from a street food stall quite far from me. I went there real fast and criticized what food made the smell. It was a really weird kind of, is it a fruit, vegetable, bean or root. Either way it looked really appetizing to me and I feel as if my stomach wants to take it in. It was like I was drooling at it.

The vendor seemed surprised at my weird actions. “Would you like some to eat? Then, take some…”the old woman said.

“But…” I said.

“Don’t worry. You look like you don’t have any money with you and you looked famished. Go, take some for you and your friend.” She smiled.

“Really? Kamsahamnida! Really, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.” I thanked happily. Then I went towards Kyuhyun carrying the bag filled with the mysterious food.

“What’s in the bag?” he asked.

“I… I actually don’t know. It’s the first time I saw it. But it just smelled too good that I can’t stop myself from taking a look. Here…” I lifted and opened the bag for him to see what’s inside.


I'm afraid, I'll be on hiatus again because midterms is coming and I'm really on the verge of trying hard to survive school >.< But, don't worry, since this is 2nd day part 1, 2nd day part 2 will be fun, especially 3rd day part 1... But after that, drama will return again... The truth about Kyu's past will soon be revealed :)

I'm really sorry to the one person I love the most... I'll try to better in the future...