Her Circumstance, A Ride Home

His and Her Circumstances

 

The next day after the birthday party went like any usual day. Classes are still there.

“Hey, Seo, Yoona and I are gonna go shopping later, wanna come?” Tiffany asked.

“I don’t know. My parents might not like it.” I said feeling down not being able to come with them.

“It’s only for today. I’ll help you ask your parents.” Tiffany begged. I smiled.

“I’ll try.” I said. I then tried to call my father but he was in a business conference so I tried mother. She picked up and gave her okay after Tiffany begged her like a child.

Later in the afternoon, the three of us came from one store then to another. Yoona and Tiffany tried one dress to another. Then they would sometimes make me try on the clothes they pick. We had fun. Then on the next store, while the three of us were looking for something to buy, someone called me.

“Seohyun? You didn’t tell me you’ll be shopping today.” The voice called.

“Unni. I just tagged along with my friends and didn’t plan to buy clothes. Is that Kyuhyun?” I said after seeing the two of them.

“He is.” She said.

“Is he the one who beat Yong? You’re right! He is like a model.” Tiffany asked loudly. I wanted the ground to open and swallow me. Why does she have to say it out loud?

“Hey, don’t say it out loud.” I scolded Tiffany. Then in the corner of my eyes, I saw unni looking at me and Kyuhyun.

“You like him Seo?” Unni asked me. “Ohoho. I didn’t expect this development. Don’t worry, I won’t tell my brother. I’m rooting for your happiness.” She winked at me.

“UNNI!” “NOONA!” I said together with Kyuhyun.

“Don’t they look good together?” Yoona commented and chuckled.

“What the heck are you all talking about! Stupidity. That’s why I hate girls!” Kyuhyun said leaving the four of us alone.

“Seo, did you hear that? He didn’t say he hated rich brats. He said he hated girls. That’s a change, right?” she giggled.

“But unni…” I said worried.

“Are thinking I’m against you and Kyuhyun because you’re my brother’s fiancé and it would be bad for your image since you’re already engaged?” unni pointed out.

“I bet you’re right.” Tiffany said.

“It’s really sad being you Seo… But, you can still flirt with him, you’re still not married.” Yoona said teasingly.

“Should I give you time to think about it?” Unni asked me with a smile on her face.

“I don’t need time to think about nothing.” I defended.

“You seriously need time to think. The three of us can seriously tell you’re seriously in love with that guy.” Yoona said.

“But, I’m already engage! It would be bad if other people see.” I finally admitted.

“Then I’ll give you enough excuse.” Unni said and winked. She walked out of the store so I followed her.

Outside Kyuhyun stood waiting for us though lost in thought.

“Kyuhyun, please accompany Seohyun home. Ride the other car with her. I’ll check on her every now and then. If you won’t do what I order…” She smiled at him.

“Aish! Alright, alright. I’ll do it.” He said unwillingly.

What the! Ride the same car with Kyuhyun alone? Well, except for the driver, but still? I don’t know what to do.

“Unni…” I tried saying no to her.

“Have a safe trip! I’ve told the driver where to send you so rest assured.” She called out to Kyuhyun. We both sat at the back and then the car started moving.

Our house was still far from here. For five minutes, a great awkward silence came between us.

“Kyuhyun…” I tried starting a conversation.

“What!?” He said in an angry manner.

“Sorry.” I was startled at his reaction and was speechless.

“Aish! I’m sorry for startling you. What is it that you want to tell me?” He said in a gentler manner.

“Oh. I… just want to ask… why… youhateusrichpeople.” I said regretting why I asked.

“Pardon? I actually did not understand the part after why…” He said.

“I said, I want to ask you why you hate us rich people please don’t ask me again…” I said covering my face.

“Oh that.” He said then fell silent. It dragged on again for some time.

“You don’t need to tell me if you don’t like.” I said trying to break the silence.

“We’re here, miss.” The driver said. I went out of the car but fell shocked at what I saw. It wasn’t our residence. It wasn’t my home. In fact, it’s not even near to anything like home.

“Why aren’t you moving?” Kyuhyun asked inside the car.

“This isn’t home…” I said still not getting over it.

“What?” He said and went out of the car too. “What the-” is the only thing he can say.

Why are we utterly shocked and speechless? It’s because the driver, as instructed by Unni, took us at an amusement park. And to top it all, right after Kyuhyun exited the car, it went skidding away from us. And we are left there standing, dumbfounded.

What do we do now?

“Let’s call for a cab.” Kyuhyun suggested.

No… I still want to be with you no matter how awkward it may be.

“I’ve never been to an amusement park before.” I said softly so that I can only hear.

“What? Are you that much of a kill-joy?” Kyuhyun looked interested.

“Aniyo~ I’ve always wanted to go to this kind of places. But then, my parents would disagree as soon as I ask them. They say these places are full of… commoners.” I said looking down.

“Would you like to try some rides before going home?” He asked me.

Wait. Is this some sort of date? Oh no… What should I say? I’m starting to stammer…

“Will you accompany me?” I finally answered.

“Noona did say to send you home. So I’ll be with you until you’re home.” He replied.

Then I would never want to come home... I’m already engaged! Stupid Seohyun! But, I’d love to spend some time with you.

“Then I’d love to!” I said with a smile. He walked towards the park and I followed behind him. My hearts racing… Excitement? Or is it something else…?