His Circumstance, Fun Times Don't Last

His and Her Circumstances

 

Is it me or is it that the car is moving really slowly? Why is it so silent? Why am I stuck with her alone? Why is my heart beating fast again? Why do we have to meet at that store? What is noona thinking? Why can’t I be calm right now?

“Kyuhyun…” She spoke suddenly which surprised me and made my heart jump from the shock. I was very nervous all this time so I, without thinking, blurted “What?!” in a loud voice which made her back out.

“Sorry.” She looked really scared of me. Stupid me! Why did I even yell? Did I drink too much coffee this morning?

“Aish! I’m sorry for startling you. What is it that you want to tell me?” I said trying to not scare her again.

“Oh. I… just want to ask… why… youhateusrichpeople.” She said without stopping. What did she say? It’s so fast I can barely understand.

“Pardon? I actually did not understand the part after why…” I tried asking her to repeat.

“I said, I want to ask you why you hate us rich people please don’t ask me again…” She said covering her face. She looked like she regretted asking me the question.

I was surprised by the question. “Oh that.” Is the only thing I could say. I really don’t want to talk about the past, the dark past I’m trying to forget, especially since it concerns my dead father. It’s not that simple to explain. How many times did I even try to forgive them? Why that question out of all the possible questions she had to ask? I don’t know what to say to her. I remained silent trying to avoid the question.

“You don’t need to tell me if you don’t like.” She said trying to break the tension filling the air.

“We’re here, miss.” The driver said. Great! Now I can finally calm down.

She went out of the car but did not move after that. People usually go straight inside their house when they arrive and not gawk at it and stop moving.

“Why aren’t you moving?” I asked still inside the car.

“This isn’t home…” She said.

“What?” I’m more than curious enough. Does this driver really know where to go? I went out of the car and became stiff like her. “What the-”

This really isn’t a house! It’s an amusement park! I tried to ask the driver about the mistake when it started moving really fast away from us. Great! Left alone again. With her. In an amusement park. No car. Just me and her. Just the two of us. Oh yeah, really great!

“Let’s call for a cab.” I said trying to not make her wait.

“I’ve never been to an amusement park before.” I can barely hear her say.

“What? Are you that much of a kill-joy?” I said. I learned something new.

“Aniyo~ I’ve always wanted to go to this kind of places. But then, my parents would disagree as soon as I ask them. They say these places are full of… commoners.” She said looking down on the ground.

How terrible life must be for you. Well, we commoners have it tougher but… yours is different. Having the power to have anything you wanted yet can’t do as you please. It’s sad. Should I try to cheer her up?

“Would you like to try some rides before going home?” I asked.

“Will you accompany me?” She asked.

“Noona did say to send you home. So I’ll be with you until you’re home.” I replied as if asking her trust.

“Then I’d love to!” She said with a very radiant smile. My heart! It’s not beating fast anymore. But it is still beating weirdly. Never mind. I’m happy that she smiled. What did I thought? Did I actually felt happy because she did? I can’t… I can’t.

I walked towards the park and saw her following behind me.

“What do you want to ride first?” I asked her.

“I- I don’t know. Anything I guess.” She replied. She looked excited.

“Then let’s ride the roller coaster first.” I said.

“How much do each ride cost?” She said worried.

“Don’t worry. I’ll pay for everything today. I may not be rich, but at least, I can treat you for your first time experiencing the thrill of the rides.” I assured her.

“Thank you so much!” She smiled again. Why is it that when noona smiles at me, I feel a certain danger, but when she does, I feel a sense of satisfaction? Nah- nevermind.

We rode the Roller Coaster, Ferris wheel, Train of Horror, and the Merry-Go-Round. She laughed, she screamed, she shrieked, she did all types of noise. She’s really ignorant when it comes to fun. I want to laugh at her at times because she really makes hysterical reactions. But I can’t! I don’t want her to feel bad on her very first experience. Then we ate some of the food sold there like the ever famous cotton candy. I’m surprised that it’s her first time eating it too. Seriously! How miserable is her life?

I always thought that their kind know everything. I guess they only know money. How to earn money. How to expand their business. And earn more money! That’s why people like them cannot be considered as human. They know nothing about human emotions. Or anything that could make them more humane. I was right to hate people like them. You trust them and it will be your loss. Just like how father lost everything. And like any other chain reaction, our family too suffered from his loss.

It was already dark so I decided to send her home.

“Let’s call for a cab.” I said.

“Oh. Yes. Right! Thanks for the wonderful day!” She replied.

We stared at each other for some time. Why do I feel disappointed now that she has to go home? Aish! Stupid me! Then a group passed by us and bumped onto her. She lost her balance and fell towards the ground.