Her Circumstance, The Kind of Ride

His and Her Circumstances

 

“Mrs. Seo, I envy you. Your daughter is really beautiful. The last time I saw her was when she’s still a baby, right?” my mother’s friend said.

“Well, she’s a real treasure to us. By the way, what about your plan on buying that enterprise?” mother said to her. They talked about one business then another. A tea party… I guess I can still call it that since they still have tea and cakes while talking. All I can do is smile and do nothing. They stopped talking for a moment because mother’s secretary came and whispered something.

“JooHyun dear, please prepare. Your father just called. Ms. Jung summons you. She says that she wants to borrow you to introduce her future sister-in-law to some of her friends. Please go home now and send my regards to her.” Mother said.

“Dae.” I said happily. I don’t care whatever reason unni has to call me. As long as I get out of here, and be free, I also trust her so I’m sure she wants me to take a break.

I called unni’s ‘old’ number.

“Unni!” I said with excitement.

“You seem happy. I’m glad.” She said.

“You lied about your ‘new’ number. It wasn’t yours.” I said.

“Oh? So you’ve called that number already! What did the two of you talked about?” She giggled on the other side.

“Moe~ Unni! Why do you always do things like that? You know we can never-”

“So what? I don’t care. Seo, love moves in mysterious ways. This might be your only chance to grab it. You never know, if you let go of this now, it might never return. Neither the two of you can wait forever. That’s why I’m here!” She cut me.

“Unni… Are you seriously betraying your brother?” I asked her.

“I’m not betraying you.” She answered.

“You did not answer my question!” I smiled.

“I told you. Besides, I’m betraying no one. I’m just clumsy. I gave the driver the wrong address and gave you a wrong number. I did no such thing as plan to give you some time alone with another man and a date at an amusement park. Nor purposely give you his number so that you will be able to hear his voice anytime you want. Really, I’m innocent.” She defended herself.

I laughed at her explanation. “You just made it seem like you did!” I said.

“Well well well. Did I just hear you laugh?” she asked.

“Um… Dae? Why? Is it wrong for me to laugh?” I asked her.

“Ani… It’s a good thing. But then, you never laughed like that before. Who could have possibly brought you that happiness?” She said as if she wants me to say his name.

“Of course it’s you unni!” I said, playing safe.

“Ani, I’ve been trying to do that ever since you were engaged to my brother. But you never laughed since then. Smile perhaps, but not laugh.” She said.

I realize all along that she was right. I only became happy because I have a reason to fight for now. I’m not just a robot anymore, I am me.

“But you’ve brought us closer unni.” I said.

“Yeah, I did. Oh well, prepare your things already. I’m sure you were informed I’m gonna take you somewhere, right?” She changed the topic.

“Ani. Umma just said to prepare. Why? Where are we going?”

“That’s a S.E.C.R.E.T!” She said.

“Well, okay then.” I said. Forcing her to tell me won’t do any good.

“You gave up easily? No fun! Oh well, see you at the airport!” unni said then turned off the phone.

“Airport?” I asked myself. I went home and prepared my things. Then the driver took me to the airport where I can see unni and Kyuhyun.

“Let’s go to my private plane now. Alas, I can finally have three peaceful days of vacation now.” Unni said as a greeting. She went inside the building towards her plane. Kyuhyun took unni’s things and followed behind her.

“Do you need help with your luggage?” He asked me when he noticed I did not follow them.

“Um… No. It’s not heavy at all. Unni didn’t tell me it’s for a few days. I did not prepare change of clothes.” I said worried.

“Don’t worry. She’s rich, she can buy you more clothes than you need. Let’s go now.” He said.

“Um… You don’t look annoyed by all of this. Are you okay with what unni is doing?” I asked him since he would usually say this things are bothersome.

He sighed a very long sigh. Did something happen?

“I am annoyed, alright. But I can’t do anything when noona… Nevermind. Come, she’ll be angry at us for taking so long.” He said as if his life depended on it. He walked towards unni and I followed behind him.

“You sure took your sweet time.” Unni asked Kyuhyun.

“Stop smiling like that!” He said then went inside the plane looking quite mad.

“Come, Seo. Please let me enjoy teasing him for a little bit more.” Unni told me.

“It’s not like his mine.” I said blushing.

“He he. Come inside or we’ll leave you behind.” She winked at me.

Joo-unni’s private plane was different from the last time I saw it. The once six-sitter  plane became a three-sitter where one chair is isolated from the other two. That must be Kyuhyun’s chair. Unni’s quite cruel this time. Then Kyuhyun emerged from the storage room where he placed all of Unni’s things.

Kyuhyun was about to go to the isolated chair when unni suddenly went and sat on it.

“What are you doing? Isn’t that my chair?” Kyuhyun asked her.

“What are you talking about? Since when did this become your chair? Is this your plane?” She asked. “Sit over there.” Then she pointed towards the other chairs where one chair faces the other. He complied after grumbling to himself. I smiled at the scenario. It’s like they’re real siblings fighting over simple things. Then I realize what she’s planning. I am to sit in front of Kyuhyun!

“Miss, please take your seat, the plane is about to depart.” The flight attendant told me.

“Ah.. yes.” I said and sat in front of Kyuhyun.He was looking out o the window so I can only see his side. Oh my gosh! Even his side is so charming! Ahhh!!! I can’t stop looking at him. He did not remove his gaze from the window. Good thing he’s not looking straight in front or else he’ll see me looking at him. My heart is beating fast again! This will be one great ride.