Her Circumstance, The Fateful Incident

His and Her Circumstances

 

“Your teacher told me that you were the second highest in the examination.” Appa said while eating his dinner.

“Dae.” I said keeping my eyes on my food.

“That’s not good enough dear. You have to aim for first. This is the first time you weren’t first. It’s very disappointing.” Umma said.

“Mian.” I said still looking at the food in front of me.

“How’s Mr. Jung doing? I heard he was assaulted.” Appa changed he topic.

“He wasn’t assaulted. He made the person he nearly run over angry by insulting him so he got those wounds.” I said.

“Well, that man really needs to go to jail. Why did they agree to let him work to compensate what his done?” Umma said.

“He accepted the deal?” I asked.

“Well, that’s what I’ve heard.” Umma said. “Stop concerning yourself with those types of low people. It won’t do you any good. You should at least check on Yonghwa every now and then. I heard he was badly beaten. Poor child.”

“I will. I’ll go to my room now. Good night, appa, umma.” I said and stood up the table and started heading to my room.

My name is Seo Joo Hyun. Well, they sometimes call me Seohyun. I’m the only child in our family and my parents expecting too much from me. I never disobeyed my parents’ will. I’ve been doing anything they want to make them happy. But it seems like I can’t, whatever I do. I even agreed to marry their business partner’s son, Jung Yonghwa. Well, I think Yonghwa overdid it this morning. If only he just let him go, he wouldn’t end up in the hospital. It was his fault in the first place. I guess he deserves it.

Flashback:

“Let’s go to my club later tonight.” Yonghwa said while driving to school.

“I can’t. I have to study.” I said.

“Come on! All you do is study! I’m sure it will be okay. You’re already top of the class. I’ll ask your parents for permission.” He said removing his focus on the road and looked at me, trying to move forward to try and kiss me.

“Focus on the road!” I told him.

“Don’t be shy.” He said moving towards me again.

“LOOK OUT!” I screamed after seeing a guy in a uniform from an unknown school in front of us. It’s a good thing he reacted immediately and avoided hitting the guy. Then we skidded along the street. Yonghwa hit the brakes hard and saved us from hitting the wall.

“What’s that guy thinking? Not looking when he’s crossing!” Yonghwa complained.

“You’re the one who’s not focusing on the road!” I said. My heart is racing really fast. This is the first time I encountered an accident like this, even though no one’s hurt. Then I saw the guy walking towards us. “Don’t argue with him any further. You’re the one at fault.”

“No. It’s his fault for blocking our way. He should not be messing with me.” Yonghwa said unlocking the door and removing his seatbelt. “Don’t go out. I’ll handle this myself.” He then went out and talked with the guy. I can hear him insult the guy from outside. I really wanted to stop him when the guy started beating Yonghwa. The guy was really hurt by Yonghwa’s words and looked like he was trying to kill him. I was speechless for a moment and didn’t know what to do but cry. But I garnered the courage and screamed STOP! I went out of the car and tried to apologize.

“Please don’t kill him. I beg of you.” I started begging. “Please! He didn’t mean what he said just now. It was our fault that you were nearly hit. We’re really sorry.”

The man looked like he has calmed down and the murderous aura he had a while ago vanished. “I’m sorry too. I’ll walk away now. Don’t go near me again. Ever. I really hate rich guys.” He said and walked away.

I ran to Yonghwa to see his condition. I don’t know what to do so I called his sister. We admitted him to a hospital and his sister asked me what happened.

“Well, he nearly hit a guy on our way to school but he insulted the guy even more instead of apologizing. That’s why he got beaten.” I said. “Please, just let the guy go. He was actually the victim.”

“The victim I see is the person in that room over there in this hospital.” Yonghwa’s sister insisted.

“Unni…” I tried to defend the guy.

“Please Seohyun. I know you’re worried about Yonghwa. I’ll take care of the guy who beat him.” She said.

“But… Please don’t send him to prison. I don’t think he meant what he did.” I tried bargaining.

“Well, I guess I could make an agreement. He’s still a highschool student afterall.” She reassured.

“What are you planning Unni?” I asked.

“Well, I guess if I could make him agree to work for us, I won’t have to send him to prison.” She answered.

“What kind of work?”

“Well, he can do gardening, or cleaning or even security. He looks tough and a scary big highschooler by the way he beat my brother.”

“But he looks nothing like that!” I giggled at the thought of the guy. “He looks just like any ordinary highschooler who don’t look anything like a bully. He actually looks like…” I started to blush a little.

“What? He actually looks like what?” it’s a good thing she didn’t pay attention to me, I was able to control the blush.

“He looked like a… a… a model!” I said.

“A model? Now that’s fun! My brother was beat by a model looking highschooler. Tell me what school. I want to meet him.”

“Well, I don’t know what school. But he wore blue blazers with red ties.”

“I’ll search for that. It could be a highschool near the place of accident. Thank you for being there for my brother. You’re really the most suitable girl for him. I’m happy that father wanted to merge our companies. You’ll make a good sister-in-law.” She said and left with her two bodyguards.

End of Flashback.

I want to see him again. I wonder what’s his name…