His Circumstance, A Ride Home

His and Her Circumstances

 

“That was most beautiful, Mr. Cho. I would have never thought.” Mr. Park came to me after I finished the song.

“It is the only gift I could give. I’m glad you liked it.” I replied. He then shook my hand. I smiled and went down the stage.

“I never thought you could actually do that. You’re making it harder and harder to believe you’re not one of us. Since this afternoon, you’ve been giving me a lot of surprises.” Noona said. I went towards her.

“Thanks for the compliment, but I never would have dreamed of being part of your world.” I negated her positive thoughts. I then moved back to the corner I was before. I’m really stupid. Singing a song like that for people like them. Aish!

I was about to go out when I saw the girl who stopped me back then. She looked really beautiful in her dress. What am I thinking? Without thinking, my legs lead me towards her. I became frantic on how to approach her. What should I say? Should I just walk away?

“Didn’t I say, don’t ever come near me again?” I said without a moment thought. Why did I say that?

“This is a party and I’m invited. I didn’t mean to meet you here.” She replied. Of course! She’s rich, she’ll be here… What now? Should I apologize?

“Please don’t take those words too seriously. And…” What should I say next? Thank her? Say sorry? She’s not reacting. Is she waiting for me to continue my sentence?

“I’m actually thankful to you. Noona told me that you said to just let me go and not send to prison.” Maybe that would be enough.

“Noona?” She looked surprise.

“Oh. I meant Ms. Jung. Well, that’s all I want to say-” I forgot about that. I guess I should move away now. I started walking away when she stopped me.

“Um… Can I ask you to dance?” She asked. Dance? Are you serious? Guys should ask for those things. Better avoid socializing even more. I might end up…

“I don’t know how. I’m sorry. You know I’m not from your world. I do not belong.” I excused myself.

“We live in the same world. If not, then we’re not talking right here right now.” She smiled. “And I’m not that much of a dancer too.” Then she laughed a little.

“I still don’t like to associate myself with your kind who looks down on society.” I walked away to avoid further conversation. This is bad. My heart is beating fast again.

I went out of the main hall and tried to roam around and breathe the fresh air. Solitude.

It was getting late so I came to find noona. I saw her in a bench alone.

“What were you doing here?” I asked her as I approach her.

“Nothing. I was chatting with Seohyun a while ago. But they have to leave so I felt like resting for a while.” She answered.

“Seohyun?” And who would that be?

“She’s my brother’s fiancé. Remember the girl with my brother yesterday during the incident?” She said.

So Seohyun is her name. It suits her.

“Oh her. I remember. But noona, I still have classes tomorrow. So I better go home now.” I said.

“I never thought bullies study.” She looked interested.

“You never thought I could sing and play the piano, too.” I reminded her.

“Right. Okay then. I’ll tell the driver to drop you off your house. I’ll pick you again tomorrow after school, okay?” She said with a smile.

The night ended fast. I went home safe and sound. And as usual, I ignored my mother’s ranting. She kept on asking what happened, who is she, where have I been, what really happened. It’s annoying. I’m tired and I don’t like to explain.

The next day is the same, I’m still the bully and bad boy of the school. When it ended, she came again and picked me up.

“What will I do today?” I asked.

“I’m gonna go shopping. You’ll accompany me and carry my things. Usual servant duties.” She smiled again. Her smile is becoming a scary weapon now. You never know what she’ll ask you to do next while she say it with a smile.

We went to another store and she started roaming around picking this and that then handing it to me. Then she stopped. I wondered why so I came to look at what she’s looking at. Three highschool girls are also shopping at the store.

“Seohyun? You didn’t tell me you’ll be shopping today.” Noona asked.

“Unni. I just tagged along with my friends and didn’t plan to buy clothes. Is that Kyuhyun?” Seohyun said looking at me with questioning eyes. Maybe it’s because of the ladies stuff I was carrying.

“He is.” Noona replied.

“Is he the one who beat Yong? You’re right! He is like a model.” One of her friends shrieked. Model?

“Hey, don’t say it out loud.” Seohyun said. Noona then started looking at me then back to Seohyun then back to me again. And then there’s her smile again.

“You like him Seo?” Noona asked her. “Ohoho. I didn’t expect this development. Don’t worry, I won’t tell my brother. I’ll root for your happiness.” She winked at Seohyun.

“UNNI!” “NOONA!” Seohyun and I said in unison.

“Don’t they look good together?” Another one of her friends remarked.

“What the heck are you all talking about! Stupidity. That’s why I hate girls!” I said going to the counter leaving them to talk their thing. The employee gave me the wrapped goods so I went to the car and placed it inside the trunk.

My heart’s racing again. What the heck! Are they actually serious? And she’s already engage. She’s rich too. Whatever they say, we’ll never be.

I was lost in my thoughts when Seohyun and Noona went out of the store.

“Kyuhyun, please accompany Seohyun home. Ride the other car with her. I’ll check on her every now and then. If you won’t do what I order…” She smiled again.

“Aish! Alright, alright. I’ll do it.” I said in defeat.

“Unni…” I heard Seohyun say.

“Have a safe trip! I’ve told the driver where to send you so rest assured.” She told me and then the car started to move.