His Circumstance, The Fateful Incident

His and Her Circumstances

 

 

“What have you done again?!” Umma scolded me.

“I’ve done nothing!” I answered back.

“I did not raise you to be like that! If only your father is still-”

“Stop saying if only father’s alive!!!” I cut umma’s words and went to my room banging the door loudly as I locked it.

Cho Kyuhyun, that’s my name. Well, I’m the youngest among us. I have eight other siblings who is scattered around with our family relatives because our mother can’t raise us all after father’s death. I’m stuck with my mother who is working all day just so I could go to school but I lost all interest in studying ever since father died. Now, I’m just a bully in school trying to kick myself out for good.

Why did umma scold me… again? It’s because of the little accident I caused this morning.

Flashback:

I was walking to school just like any other day. It’s early, bullies should not be late so that they could bully even in the early hour before classes. I was walking when suddenly a car, which looked really expensive, nearly run me over and killed me for sure. It made a really loud braking noise and nearly bumped onto a wall but stopped, just a feet before collision.

“YAH! Are you trying to kill me?” I angrily went towards the car.

A boy in a uniform came out from the driver’s seat and looked as pissed as me. The uniform is from an elite school for the rich guys - fortunate spoiled brats who feed off their parents’ money. He is tall for his height, but I’m still taller, but I guess he’s decent looking for a rich guy.

“Are you trying to kill me?” I repeated.

“No.” He said with a face that looked like saying “You’re the one who walked and blocked our way and nearly killed me.”

“You trying to pick a fight? Huh!” I pulled his collar and tried intimidating him.

“Do you know who I am??? You’re trying to pick a fight with someone who could throw your family out to the streets. Oh wait. You looked like someone already in the streets.” He smirked.

That’s the end of my holding back. Those words were the cue for me to strike. I punched his stomach and he groaned in pain and fell to the ground. I kicked him in the same place and stomped on him. I saw nothing but blood and wanted to kill the man before me. When suddenly, I heard a girl screamed STOP!

A girl came out of the car and crying. “Please don’t kill him. I beg of you.”

All the anger I had vanished when I saw her. She’s wearing a uniform from the same school so I concluded that she’s also one of those rich brats. But she did not give off the aura of a high and mighty attitude. She looked really cute, but all rich people are brats I should never be involve with.

“Please! He didn’t mean what he said just now. It was our fault that you were nearly hit. We’re really sorry.” She cried and begged me. I felt heavy all of a sudden. It felt as if all the bad things I’ve done in the past till now returned and I felt the heavy guilt I should have felt before.

“I’m sorry too. I’ll walk away now. Don’t go near me again. Ever. I really hate rich guys.” I said and walked away. I looked back and saw her running towards the unconscious and bleeding guy on the ground. ‘I wanted to see her again. Even though I said don’t come near me. I want to see her even from afar. What the heck am I thinking? She’s rich, I’m poor!’

I arrived to school late. Great, instead of me bullying the smartest student in our school, here I am kneeling and trying to not mind the lecturing our teacher is giving us. Then another teacher went to him and whispered something. They both looked horrified and talked about it for a while.

“Cho Kyuhyun!!! What have you done!” the teacher said. “Go to the Principal’s Office now. You’re summoned.”

I stood up and started heading to the office. ‘What could be the matter this time? I think I was already called for the vandal I made last week. It is the faucet I broke? Or maybe the broken door of the faculty room. Aish!’ I arrived at the office. I knocked before entering. When I opened the door, I saw the Principal, a woman in a business suit and two men who looked like bodyguards in a suit.

“You called for me sir?” I said.

“Yes, please take a seat. I want to discuss something with you concerning one of the violent actions you’ve done. I already called for your mother and she’ll be coming here shortly.” The principal said.

I sat down across the lady and she looked really angry at me.

“You seem to be quite the bully, Mr. Cho.” The woman started. “You see, this morning, awhile ago, you did something very inappropriate to my younger brother. Do you know the consequences for the deed you did?”

“Oh, you mean the one who nearly killed me?” I asked to confirm.

“I think you misunderstood the situation. You’re the one who nearly killed him. Not the other way around.” She corrected me.

“Is that what his girlfriend said? That I tried to kill him and he didn’t?” I asked again.

“Well, she’s his fiancé, for the sake of correcting you. But she actually said that we let you go. I don’t understand that girl, really. But anyways, you won’t be escaping your crime.” The woman said.

‘She said to let me go? That’s just absurd after seeing me nearly killing his fiancé in front of her.’ I thought.

“What is it that my son did again this time sir?” Umma said after entering the room and looked worried.

“Why are you here? Aren’t you busy?” I scolded her.

“I’m here because you created another ruckus! You don’t have the right to scold me!” Umma said.

“Well, Mrs. Cho, I would like to tell you that you’re son have done something really terrible beyond your expectations. But it would be terrible sending him to jail and ruining his future. So I’d like to propose that instead of spending one year or more in prison, he’ll have to work for us for a year. Not a bad proposition right?” The woman said.

“I’ll agree! Can we go now? Thank you.” I said pulling my mother out before anyone else could speak a word.

End of Flashback.

And that’s my side of the story. I wished I asked for her name…