Her Circumstance, Invitation to a Ball

His and Her Circumstances

 

 

“Seo… Seo!!! Hey!!! Are you listening?” my seatmate woke me from my daydream while I am looking outside the window spaced-out.

“AH! Mianhe Tiff!!!” I apologized.

“I’ve been asking you for the whole time and you were just daydreaming. So much for friendship.” Tiffany ranted.

“Sorry!!! What was it again?” I nagged her to forgive my silly mistake.

“Alright. I’ll forgive you!” she said.

“So what were you asking me?” I asked again.

“What really happened yesterday? Everybody’s talking about it! You know, the incident where Yonghwa ended up beat in the hospital?” She repeated.

“Oh. That.” I said boringly.

“What ‘Oh. That.’?” Tiffany looked annoyed at my answer.

“Well, it was Yonghwa’s fault for not focusing on the road you know. He nearly killed a guy, yet he didn’t apologize. To top it all, he insulted the poor guy. But I was horrified at the scene so I wasn’t able to react fast that’s why he ended up really beat.” I explained.

“That guy must be really scary. I mean, he did that to Yonghwa!” Tiffany inferred.

“Well, he isn’t scary looking. He has a fit built, tall, he’s even taller than Yonghwa, then his old plain and simple uniform looked really fashionable in him.” I said while imagining the guy.

“Are you actually describing your Prince Charming? Don’t tell me you fell for him at first sight?” She looked really excited while asking me.

“It-I-It’s not like that at all! I’m just saying he looked like a model. Yeah, a model.” I defended.

“A moooodddddeeeeellllllllll???” she teased me again and again. The our teacher came inside our classroom. Classes are about to start again. I need to focus once again to my studies. Aim for first. That’s what my parents want.

Classes went on like any other day. Then I almost forgot we have Music Class that day. I’m really not good at playing piano. And today, we’ll be having a practicum. What will my parents say again?

“Today we’ll be playing the piece I let you practiced last week. It’s not a very complex piece but for testing your basic skills, I gave you all the piece. Now… Ms. Seo, please play us the piece, Cannon at D.” Our music teacher instructed.

“Ah… Dae…” I walked towards the grand piano and seated myself comfortably. I breathe in and out then started playing the first few notes when I made a mistake when the tempo sped up.

“Stop, Ms. Seo, I think you have not practiced enough yet. Please go back to your seat. Now then, let’s move on to Ms. Kim. Please play the same piece.” Our teacher said.

I slowly moved away from the piano and went back to my seat. I’m really terrible at playing piano. I guess I’ll be scolded tonight. And I still have to visit Yonghwa later at the hospital. I think my life’s all messed up.

School’s over. I went to our family car and went to the hospital where Yonghwa’s staying. When I arrived, a nurse went out of his room.

“Ms. Seo, right? He’s already awake. He gained consciousness a while ago. I already gave him some pain killers since he says he still feel the pain. But he can now talk to visitors.” The nurse smiled and went back to her tracks.

I entered Yonghwa’s room and there he is sitting in his bed. He looked like he’s still not over the incident and wanted to get revenge on the guy he nearly hit.

“Its good news you’re already awake.” I forced a smile and went to sit on a chair near his bed.

“What happened to the other guy?” He said. His voice was full of anger. I was right. He wanted revenge.

“It seems your sister made an agreement and made him her slave instead of sending him to prison.” I said.

“Slave? Ha! Serves him right! I knew that noona wouldn’t just let anyone who hurt me go. I’m sure he’s begging her to send him to prison by this time. Noona would be torturing him till he bleed.” He smiled a smile of victory.

“Stop saying things like that already. He’s the real victim, you know.” I said disagreeing with his thoughts.

“You’re my fiancé. Stop taking sides of other men already.” He said pissed.

“Just rest already. I just came to check on your condition. I don’t intend to stay any longer.” I said and immediately stood up from the chair.

“Well, whatever. In the end, you’ll still marry me. You. Don’t. Have. A. Choice. Am I right?” He said then smiled evilly.

I ignored him and went out of his room. But even though I don’t want to admit, he is right. I really do not have any choice at all.

I went home and just as I arrived, a maid came to me and led me to my room immediately.

“What’s happening?” I asked.

“You are going to a party tonight, Madam.” The maid replied.

“What about my parents?”

“Your parents have already gone to the party. They say that you just have to follow them as soon as you’re ready. We’ve already prepared your bath and the dress you’ll wear. Please make haste, Madam, you’re parents we’re in a really bad mood when they heard your performance in school today.”

“I understand. But what party?” I asked while hurrying to take a bath.

“I heard it was a friend’s birthday party.” The maid replied.

I hurriedly took a bath and wore the dress that was prepared. The maids helped me with my hair and make-up then they escorted me out to the car. It seems like the driver was already instructed and took me without any further ado to a mansion quite far from ours. The mansion was as big as ours. Well, the design is a great art. But I didn’t come here to admire the house’s design. I better find my parents soon.

It was a grand birthday party. I saw faces of my father’s business partners everywhere. But as soon as I entered the main hall, I heard a song which is very warm and touching to the heart. It was a song filled with sadness yet gives you happiness and inspiration. When I looked up to the stage to see who was the source of the wonderful melody, I was shocked, yet happy, to see him once again. Him, who Yonghwa nearly drove over the other day. Him, who nearly killed Yonghwa the other day. And him, who was suppose to be a slave for year.

He is really him. And right now at this very moment, he’s playing the piano while singing a beautiful song. I felt my heart skipped a beat. And I knew now what it was for.