His Circumstance, Noona's Playlist

His and Her Circumstances

“At last, we have finally arrived!!!” Noona said as she stepped out of the plane.

“That was a long ride… finally.” I said quite beat up.

Flashback:

Is she still looking at me? How the heck am I going to relax during the duration of this flight?

I looked away from the window and turned to her. She looked surprised that she looked down after our eyes met.

Silence...

The plane started moving when it suddenly came to a stop which made Seohyun fall forward towards me. We nearly bumped our faces together. She immediately stood straight and sat down on her chair and put on her seatbelt.

“I’m really sorry Kyuhyun!” She said while covering her face. She forgot to put on her seatbelt?

I tried containing my laugh. “It’s ok. At least you’re not hurt.” The plane moved again and this time it really ascended up without any more obstruction. ! I feel weird! My ears feels really different, my head aches. What’s happening? I gazed up and covered my eyes to try and relax myself.

It must be just my intuition but I feel as if I’ve heard Seohyun chuckle a little. I removed my hands and looked at her, straight in the eyes with an angry yet unwell expression.

“My my, Kyuhyun… Is this your first time flying?” She asked.

“You’re making me feel worse.” I said. I know … I’m poor. I’ve never ridden any plane before. Do you really have to rub it in? You, of all people?

“I didn’t mean it like making fun of you. Sorry. Here, I hope this helps.” She said then went and did something to my ear. The weird feeling due to change in atmospheric pressure disappeared!

“Th-thanks.” I said and smiled. I smiled? I then reverted back to my emotionless face.

“Ahhhh~ This flight is really boring! Give me my iPod! I’ll just play a song to waste time.”  Noona said. One attendant gave her the gadget then she pressed some buttons in one corner. It was to turn on the plane’s speakers. Then a song started playing in the background. It was “Call with all my heart”.

“Unni…” Seohyun said as if sweat dropping. I face-palmed to that! Is noona really trying to test my limits?

“Seohyun, are you hungry? I’ll ask them to prepare a meal.” Noona asked Seohyun.

“Ani… I’m fine. Thanks for the offer.” She said to her.

“Okay.” Noona said. “Sorry for disturbing you.” Disturbing?

I can’t stand the awkwardness so I decided to sleep it off the whole flight. Just when I’m about to sleep, the music changed to “Sorry sorry”. Noona also turned up the volume. She only needs to say ‘don’t sleep’!

“Alright, alright. I’m not sleeping.” I said. Then she smiled and turned down the volume.

“Ne, Kyuhyun, do you know where we’re headed?” Seohyun asked.

“No… She only said she want to have a vacation and called me.” I answered.

“I see…” she said quite down.

“Why do you look so down?” I asked her. Then the music changed again to “Tell me why”.

“It’s nothing.” She replied.

“Is it something related to your father again?” I asked worried.

“Ani ani…” She replied. “I’m just tired, that’s all.”

“I see…” I replied. “Then let’s talk about something else to cheer you up.”

“Dae… It seems that whenever the topic touches our parents…” She said then smiled sadly in the end. “What should we talk about?”

“I actually don’t have any idea.” I chuckled. Suggesting to change topic then don’t have one after all. Just then, the music changed again. “Let’s talk about love”. The playlist is really pissing me off!

“Ne, where did you learn to play the piano? It was a really nice piece you’ve played on that party.” She started a conversation.

“I learned from my father.” I answered.

“Really? You were really good. Unlike me.” She said looking out of the window.

“What do you mean?” Don’t they take piano lessons?

“Well, I always, always flunk at our music class.” She said. “No matter how hard I practice.”

“What are you saying? Playing it doesn’t always require talent. You also need hardwork and heart.” I explained remembering how many times I flunked and practiced just to play acceptably.

“Well, maybe I lack both of them. I really don’t want to play the piano. It was what my father wants…” She said.

“Then don’t play it.” I said blunt. I don’t mean to hurt your feelings. But if you continue letting them control you, you’ll be controlled by them for the rest of your life. Why can’t I say this?

“I-I-I c-can’t.” She said as if hesitating. I did hurt her feelings. Stupid stupid stupid!!! Say something to cheer her up, dammit!

“Then I’ll help you practice if you want.” I said.

“But… I’m really no good!” She said.”You’ll end up teaching me forever.” The music changed to “Endless Moment”.

I’m really really feeling something strange about this song changes. “Then, I’ll be with you forever.” I said. I realized it sounded like a proposal or a confession. “I mean, I’ll teach you as long as I can.” I said trying to erase any misunderstanding.

“O-of course.” She said smiling. Then without finishing the song, it changed to “Love does not wait” then “Shy Boy”. I face palmed to that. What the heck do you mean by that?

End of Flashback.

“You know Kyuhyun, I’m disappointed at you. Just when I thought you already made a move, you shook it off away. You know she’s not single forever.” Noona said.

“She already has a boyfriend and they’re engaged.” I said.

“So what? It’s not as if my brother is here.” She said. “And they’re not married yet.” She said then walked towards the car waiting for us. She went and sat beside Seohyun in the back so I sat in front. The car started moving and dropped us off in a hotel.

Why is noona so angry at me? Isn’t Seohyun’s fiancé her brother? What kind of sister is she really? But I’m still thankful to her. She’s right. We’ll be here for three days. I might as well enjoy it. Even if it will all end when we return…