Stay Away

Please

Poke.

.

Poke.

Hell.

Poke.

“Dammit!” I sat up straight and glared at whoever it was who just had disturbed my beauty sleep.

Junhyung.

I messed my own hair desperately and he just looked at me in confusion. I cleared my throat and rubbed my eyes. “What’s wrong?”

“Breakfast is ready. Besides, if I’m not mistaken… Kikwang told me that you would be facing a test today.”

I blinked.

Test? Today?

My eyes widened. Ms. Han’s test!

I glanced at the clock on my wall and my heart almost stopped beating. It was 9.45 AM already and the test would be started at 10! Mommyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Junhyung left my room without saying anything else. I ran towards my bathroom and took a bath as fast as I could. After that, I prepared myself to go to university in a rush.

“You need a ride?” Junhyung offered as I stepped in to living room, fixing my bangs.

I put my shoes on. “Yes, if you don’t mind. I would be very thankful since I only have five minutes left.”

He grabbed his car key on the coffee table beside the couch and walked past me. “Let’s go!”

I slammed the door shut and jogged up to him who was already a few meters away in front of me. I felt something was missing but I just couldn’t tell what it was.

 

^^^^^

 

The time went faster than I expected it would be. Classes were over but I didn’t feel like going home yet. I just didn’t.

My phone vibrated. One new message.

 

From : Seobbie~

Where are you?

 

To : Seobbie~

Wae?

 

From : Seobbie~

I miss you, sis. :( Where are you?

 

To : Seobbie~

Somewhere over the rainbow. ;p

 

I turned my phone off without even waiting for Yoseob’s reply. Mianhae, Seobbie. I just don’t feel like texting with anyone right now.

I looked around my class. Nobody was here but me, even Saeyeon had already went home. I walked up to the opened window and looked up at the starry sky above.

“Mom… Dad…” I whispered. “I miss you.”

Tears were slowly streaming down from my eyes and I didn’t even bother to wipe it away. “I didn’t know I would be this lonely. Living without you two beside me is really a torture. Dad, I miss the days when you gave me loads of love. Mom, I need you. I don’t want you to leave me. I have nobody here.”

My heart clenched as something hit my mind.

“Even Kikwang is slowly leaving me alone, Mom. It’s been a month since he last talked to me. When I woke up in the morning, he was always out for schedule already. When he got home in the midnight, I was already sleeping. I don’t know why but I feel kinda sad. We live under the same roof but we don’t have any chance to talk like before.”

I turned around and wiped my tears. I forced a small smile. “Be strong, Haerin-ah.”

 

^^^^^

 

“I’m home.” I said, taking my shoes off. I checked on the shoe rack and Kikwang’s favorite shoes weren’t there.

Hyunseung popped his head out from the kitchen door and it disappeared a second after that. “Oh. Welcome home, Haerin-ah.”

“Are you cooking something? It smells good.” I complimented, walking in to the kitchen.

“I’m trying that recipe.” he pointed at the book on the kitchen counter. “I was so hungry but I found nothing on the refrigerator. I’ve been dreaming to make pancakes by myself so I wanted to give it a try. Hahaha…”

I sat on the kitchen table, monitoring every move he did. He turned the stove off and placed the last pancake he just made on a big plate.

“Why not there?” I asked, pointing at the other plate where he put the other pancakes on before.

He poured chocolate sauce on that single pancake and put a scoop of chocolate ice cream on top of it. “It’s for you.”

My face brightened up. “Really?”

He nodded and handed it to me. “Try it.”

“Gomawo~” I took a bite and my face brightened more. “It’s delicious!”

“Huh? Are you sure?” he looked at me in disbelief. I nodded and fed him. “OH MY GOD! IT’S SO ING DELICIOUS! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!”

I laughed at his reaction. He pulled me in his arms and we both jumped up and down like crazy.

“Hyunseung hyung, I--”

We stopped and turned our heads to the direction of where that voice came from.

It was Kikwang’s voice.

“Oops. Sorry for disturbing you two.”

I just stood still, not sure what to do. Hyunseung pulled away and approached Kikwang. “I made pancakes, want some?”

“No, thanks. I had dinner with someone already.” Kikwang glanced over at me then looked back at the older boy in front of him. “I need to take a rest now. Good night, hyung.”

“Night, Kwangie.” Hyunseung replied.

I saw Kikwang entered his room and closed the door.

“Is it just me or… is Kikwang avoiding you?” Hyunseung asked, stuffing a bite of his pancake into his mouth.

“You name it.” I answered, shrugging my shoulders off. I finished my pancake and was about to put the plate on the sink but he stopped me. “Wae?”

“I’ll do it. You go talk with your best friend.”

“But--“

“No buts.”

I sighed. What else can I do, huh?

I walked out from the kitchen and stopped in front of Kikwang’s room. I hesitatingly knocked on his door while hoping that he was still awake.

One second.

Three seconds.

Ten seconds.

No answer.

I smiled bitterly, cheering myself up. I was about to walk away when I heard the door cracked open.

“Yeah?”

I turned back only and found Kikwang standing there, looked so tired. I could even see the bags under his tiny eyes. “I… umm…”

“You what?”

“I…” ! Why am I feeling so nervous? I felt my body trembling because of these mixed feelings but I tried to cover it up. “Umm… nothing. Good night, Kikwang.”

He just gave a simple nod. “Good night.”

I fell down on the cold wooden floor right after he closed his door. I cried silently, not letting any sound come out from my mouth.

My friendship with Kikwang is coming to its end, isn’t it? Am I that bad so I don’t deserve anyone in my life? What did I do in the past, God?

My tears kept rolling down on my cheeks and I did nothing to stop it.

To my surprise, someone gently pulled me in his embrace. He hugged me tightly and kept on saying that everything is gonna be okay. He my hair and I buried my face on his chest, making his shirt wet.

He kissed the top of my head and caressed my back, soothing me. “Ssh. Don’t cry anymore.”

But I just can’t.

 

==================

HELLOOOOOOOOOOO WORLD! lololololol xD Sorry for updating late, I was s oooo busy. :( Butdon't worry, I promise I'll try to always update this ff asap. kkkk~

@ Shaneriex3 : I don't have winglin account. ^^

@ xshineesuju24x : here is the update. :D

@ cool_nk : I promise I'll write longer chapter after this. lol xD

@ xlnceline : Do you think so? kkkk~

@ meiwai : Thanks for subscribing. :)

The next chapter is coming...