Happy Birthday

Please

“Wake up. Wake up.”

I groaned. Who the hell is waking me up now?

“Yah! Kwon Haerin!”

! That voice.

“Five more minutes, please.”

Someone pinched my nose hard and I snapped my eyes open then shrieked. I sat up and rubbed my red nose, glaring at that person. “GOD DAMN IT, KIKWANG! IT SO ING HURTS!”

Kikwang laughed and sat next to me on my bed.

I remembered about the incident last night and crossed my arms on my chest. “Get out.”

“Hey, I’m sorry.” he put his strong arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him.

I moved back to my old position. “I don’t want to see you today.”

“Haerin-ah.”

“Get out.”

Kikwang took my hands in his but I pulled them right away. “Twice, Kiki.”

“Huh?”

“For the past two years, I always celebrated my birthday alone. Thanks to you.”

“Haerin-ah.” he called out, his voice sound so weak. “I’m sorry. It’s not like I wanted that to be happened either. The interview went longer without my manager telling it to me and the others first. I’m sorry. I really am.”

I sighed. I know it wasn’t fully his fault. His ing schedules prevented him to spend his time with me. “At least you could have texted me so I wouldn’t have to wait for ages.”

“Ne, arasseo.” Kikwang looked down. “Mianhae.”

I looked at the boy beside me who was still looking down on my carpeted floor. I examined his face, noticing the bags under his eyes. “You okay?”

He looked up and flashed me a faint smile. He gave a small nod. “Just a bit tired.”

“Here.” I patted my left shoulder. He looked confused at first but leaned his head on my shoulder in the end. “What’s for today?”

“Dance practice at 9 AM, interview for a magazine at 3 PM, then fanmeeting at 5 PM. Wae?”

“Nothing. Just wanted to ask.” I glanced at the clock on my nightstand table.

8.23 AM

!

“You have to go. It’s 8.23 already, Kiki.”

Kikwang sighed and sat up straight.

“This is your dream, right?”

He nodded. “I just didn’t know it would be this tiring.”

“You chose it.” I yawned. Just then I remembered that I have class at 9.30 AM. “Damn! Mr. Jang would definitely kill me if I come late this time!”

I jumped out off the bed and went to my closet, taking some clothes out. I was about to enter my bathroom when I heard Kikwang said, “Saeyeon told me Mr. Jang has canceled his class for today.”

I stopped and turned around, a confused look on my face.

“She called me a few hours ago asking me to help her to say to you that Mr. Jang has cancelled his class for today. She also said that she tried calling you last night but you rejected her call. She thought you were angry with her.”

I nodded, registering the information Kikwang just gave me. I put the clothes back into my closet and leaned against it.

“So? You coming?”

“Where?”

“All the places I’m heading to today.”

“Ani. You know I hate being seen with you.” I grabbed my phone on the nightstand table only to find that it was turned off. “Aish. I should have charged it last night.”

Silence.

I turned to look at Kikwang. He had that shocked expression on his handsome face. “Omo! No! That’s not what I meant.”

He smiled sadly. “I know.”

“I just don’t want to cause any trouble for being seen with you, Kiki. I mean… you are popular now. You have bunch of fangirls out there who are ready to kill me anytime soon if I show up.”

Silence.

“Dongwoon wants to meet you.” Kikwang suddenly spoke again.

I pointed to my face. “Huh? Me?”

“Umm.” he nodded.

“Tell him I say hello.”

“You’re not coming?”

“Never.”

“Fanmeeting?”

“No.”

“Music shows?”

“No.”

Kikwang looked at me with his sad eyes. I said the truth, I never have any interest to come and see B2ST’s performances on the stage or whatsoever. Ever since Kikwang debuted with B2ST, I’ve said to him that I would never come to see his performances. Kikwang is my best friend, I know. And yes, I’m happy that he has reached his dream to be a singer. Nobody knows that deep inside my heart, I’m sad. I’m sad because Kikwang no longer has time for me. I’m sad because Kikwang rarely fulfill his promises to me. I’m sad because Kikwang is slowly being pulled away from me by his ing schedules.

“I’m leaving.” Kikwang stood up and fixed his clothes. He inhaled deeply then walked up to me. “See you tonight, Haerin-ah.”

I just gave him a simple nod. He kissed my forehead, something that he always does whenever he will go to somewhere without me. “Don’t forget to eat your lunch. Drink enough water.”

“Arasseo, mom.” Kikwang chuckled. “Bye, Haerin.”

He was about to walk out from my room when I blurted out while looking down, “Don’t easily hug your fans.”

I bit my lower lip, embarrassed. I felt myself being pulled to Kikwang’s body and he hugged me tightly. “Someone’s jealous.”

“You wish.”

We stayed like that for a while.

Wait! No birthday greeting from him, huh? I felt myself slowly getting angry because of that thought.

“Happy birthday, Haerin.” Kikwang whispered. His voice is always like music in my ear and I like it. “Happy birthday, my stubborn princess.”

Did I speak my thought out? Well, I don’t care.

I smiled in his arms. This is my Kikwang, my lovable best friend.

 

====================

Whoaaaa! So, how was it? Tell me what you think, guys! lol xD

GO GO DROP SOME COMMENTS~ ^^