Fight

Please

“Have a nice day.” Kikwang said and kissed my forehead after I put my seat belt off. “Text me after your last class ends and I’ll pick you up.”

“You don’t have to do that, Kiki. Saeyeon said she would walk me home today.”

“But--“

“I’m a grown up girl, Lee Kikwang. I can protect myself, if you’re worried about that fan attack thingy. Don’t worry too much.”

“Fine. Take care.” he smiled and patted my head.

”See you later.” I waved my hand at him and went out from the car. I made my way towards my class on the 2nd floor while texting Saeyeon but bumped onto someone in the hallway. “Mianhae.”

“It’s okay.” a girl with high-pitched voice answered. She bent down to pick her books up and I helped her. “Thanks.”

“No problem. It was my fault, though.” I stood up straight and fixed my bag on my back. “I’m going first.”

Just when I was about to turn in the corner, that girl called me out. “Eonni! You dropped your phone!”

Two seconds after that, I heard my old ringtone blasting all over the hallway. Heck! Kikwang must have changed it and set it on the maximal volume while I was taking a bath or something.

“Oh! Someone is calling, eonni.” that girl looked at my phone screen and she widened her eyes. “Kikwang…?”

Oh ! I quickly snatched it away and pressed ‘yes’ button. “WHAT?”

“You left your lunch box in my car. Where are you? I’m already in front of your university’s gate. Should I give it to you by myself?”

“NO!” I yelled, earning curious looks from the students in the hallway. “Go take it with you. I’ll just buy my lunch at the cafeteria.”

“But Yoseob must be disappointed if he knows about this. He woke up so early in the morning just to make it for you.”

“Don’t tell him, then.”

“But--“

I groaned. “Fine. Wait up. I’m coming out now.”

“Be quick. I have schedule in twenty minutes.”

“I ing know that, you jerk.” I hung the phone up and facepalmed myself for forgetting my lunch box. It may sound weird that a college girl like me brings lunch box but yeah… lemme tell ya. Yoseob considers me as his little sister and has been doing what brothers do to their little sisters. I have to admit that it feels good to know that I have a new family now, let alone B2ST’s members. Doojoon as a bossy yet understanding daddy, Junhyung as a nagging mom, Hyunseung as my first brother, Yoseob as my second brother, and Dongwoon as… I don’t know. He doesn’t talk to me much. Kikwang? What do you expect? I consider him as Kikwang, my all-in-one.

“Eonni? Was it B2ST’s Lee Kikwang?”

I snapped back to reality. “Eh?”

“The one you talked with on the phone… was it Kikwang oppa?” that girl whom I bumped onto asked curiously. Oh man, don’t tell me she’s a B2uty!

“Yes, it’s Lee Kikwang. No, it’s not B2ST’s Lee Kikwang.” I replied, trying to hold the nervousness in my voice. “Sorry, but I gotta go.”

She opened to say something but I quickly ran away. I spotted Kikwang’s car underneath a leafy tree and walked towards it. I knocked on his car window and he rolled it down.

I punched his arm a bit hard after he handed me my lunch box. “ you, Lee Kikwang.”

“Mwo? What did I do?” he asked innocently. Ugh! Is this why girls are all over him? His innocent face is irresistible.

“You changed my ringtone. You set it on the maximum volume. YOU ING CALLED ME WHEN I WAS IN THE HALLWAY AND YOU KNOW WHAT MADE IT WORSE? I TALKED TO YOU ON THE PHONE IN FRONT OF A B2UTY AND SHE ASKED ME ABOUT YOU!”

“First, I didn’t know you were in the hallway. Second, what’s the matter if you talked to me in front of a B2uty? Third, if there was a B2uty in front of you, why didn’t you go to somewhere quite?” he was about to get out from his car but I stopped him. He pouted. “Waeeee?”

“B2uties might see you, duh! They will spot you here and run to you like crazy and I will get attacked for being close to you.” I rolled my eyes. “Lee Kikwang, please. Don’t cause any trouble for both of us. Me being seen with you is a trouble!”

“I NEVER WANT TO CAUSE ANY TROUBLE FOR US. IT’S YOU WHO ALWAYS THINKS THAT I MIGHT CAUSE ANY TROUBLE FOR US.”

I froze. He never yelled at me like that before. “Are we fighting now?”

Kikwang looked a bit pissed off. “You name it.”

“Fine.” I smirked and started walking away.

“H-- Haerin! Wait!” he called me out but I decided to ignore him. “Yah! Kwon Haerin!”

I pretended that I didn’t hear him and quickly ran back inside the building. Mianhae, Kiki. Call me a loser or whatever you want but I’m really afraid to be seen with you. No, it’s not like you will embarrass me or something, it’s the other way around. I will only make you embarrassed. You’re something and I’m nothing. That’s the problem. I don’t deserve you, even for just this ‘best friend’ title. When we were kids, walking with you in public places wouldn’t cause any problem. When we were kids, hugging you in public places was normal. When we were kids, taking photos with you in public places had no risk. Now after you’ve debuted, doing those things will only cause trouble, won’t it? You’re one of B2ST’s members and I’m only an ordinary college girl. It’s like people’s eyes, especially netizens’, are only focused on you and your members and they’re ready to pull you down if you guys do any mistake. And I consider you being seen with me as a big mistake.

I entered one of the cubicles in the restroom and let my tears slid down on my cheeks.

God, this isn’t my day, right?

 

^^^^^

 

It was already 11 PM but I was still in my faculty’s library. Yeah I know it’s late but I don’t feel like going home yet. I mean my home… my real home, not B2ST’s apartment.

Well, Saeyeon offered to walk me home this evening but I said no. Thanks God she didn’t ask why. I love you, Saeyeon.

And about Kikwang… he called me thousand times but I always rejected it.

“Miss, you better go home now. It’s getting late.” a librarian told me. I just sighed and swung my bag over my shoulder. I walked out from the library and to my surprise… I spotted Kikwang standing by the front gate. The dim light from the street lamps couldn’t hide his gorgeous yet sad face.

He caught my presence and smiled but it slowly disappeared as I didn’t smile back. He took a step forward and I stepped back. He immediately looked down. “Mianhae.”

I was ready to run away but I caught something rolling down on his cheek.

I blinked. I must be hallucinating. I saw tears. Yes, TEARS!

“I shouldn’t have yelled at you like that. I’m sorry. I was out of control.”

I felt my heart clenched as I heard his words. I suddenly felt the urge to just run up to him and hug him but decided not to. I inhaled deeply and walked past him.

“Please. Don’t ignore me.”

I stopped in my track.

“Haerin-ah. Please. Forgive me. Curse me, punch me, do whatever you want to do but please… don’t ignore me.”

This. I can’t take it anymore. You win, Kikwang.

I turned around and approached him. He looked up and I caught the hopes in his eyes. I grabbed his collar and raised my fist as if I was about to punch him and he flinched, closing his eyes shut. I let out a chuckle before throwing my arms around his neck. I felt he was startled at first but after a few seconds, he hugged me back. “Fine.”

“Thank you.” he whispered, tightening his hug.

A small smile crept up on my face and I buried my face on his shoulder. “I didn’t say I forgave you, Kiki.”

He pinched my waist playfully. “Yah!”

I laughed, slowly pulling away from his bear hug. Without saying it out loud, I knew Kikwang realized that he’s forgiven already.

I heard his stomach grumbled and he smiled sheepishly.

“Have you eaten dinner?”

“I lost my appetite because of you.” he stuck his lower lip out. “It’s your responsibility that I’m starving now.”

“I don’t have enough money to treat a member of B2ST in a fancy restaurant.”

He flicked my forehead. ! “Yah! Don’t start it again! A cup of ramen is enough, you know.”

“And you will faint in the middle of your dance practice tomorrow? I don’t think so, Kiki.”

“Aish!” he stomped his feet like a kid. “Fine. My treat.”

I smiled in victory. “I love you, Lee Kikwang.”

“Ugh! I hate you, Lee Haerin.”

I arched my eyebrows. “When did I become your wife? I’m Kwon Haerin.”

Kikwang just laughed, ignoring my question. He held my hand and started dragging me out from my university area.

“Uh? Where is your car?” I tilted my head as I saw no car around us.

“I went here on foot.”

I instantly stopped. No way. Tell me it was a lie. “Liar. People would have recognized you.”

“I disguised myself. Ask Doojoon hyung. I was back to the handsome Kikwang again just a few minutes before you approached me.”

“You walked all the way here… just to ask for my forgiveness?”

He turned to face me and held my other hand too. “You’re my best friend. I will do anything just to make our friendship last long.”

For some odd reason, my heart clenched again. Damn! What’s happening with me now, huh?

“You’re cheesy, you know that?”

“I don’t care, as long as you’re not angry with me.”

I ruffled his hair and smiled. “Gomawo, Lee Kikwang. I can’t imagine myself without you as my best friend. Thanks for not being a jerk like my dad.”

“Don’t mention it. I should be the one who thanks you. Thanks for everything. You’re my… best friend.”

I smiled and he kissed my forehead. Thanks for sending a guardian angel like him in my horrible life, God.

“Let’s go home instead. I will cook for us.”

I quickly jumped on his back. “Piggyback me.”

He slapped my leg but ended up piggybacking me. I tightened my grip around his neck as I felt the cold breeze blew past us. I mentally scolded myself for wearing thin clothes today. Ugh!

Kikwang hummed a random song I couldn’t put my finger on but I had to admit that it was a nice song. I placed my chin on his shoulder and closed my eyes, forgetting that Kikwang said he would cook for us. Go cook for yourself, Kiki. Hahaha…

I smiled to myself, slowly drifting to my dreamland.

What can I do? It feels so nice to be carried by him like this.

 

====================

THANKS TO MY SUBSCRIBERS :

iamapetite

cool_nk

MayaChan98

jungeunjii-

miyahoshi

BeautyDarkAngel

catastrophicbeauty

coatygoat

choco_choding

xshineesuju24x

yoja_nt

yongiekiwi

we-so-fly

sondongja

StrawberryTokki

bubblegoat

dimayuna

Hanabi1993

scream4b2st

linzzi_18

itsmeagain

Joker891219